Army strikes terror camps in PoK

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Army strikes terror camps in PoK

Post by shiv »

Varoon Shekhar wrote:One thing I wish Indians wouldn't do, is wonder about the Pakistani response. Even asking about why they didn't respond in a certain way. Sometimes going to the extent of asking Pakistani spokesmen about the performance of their army. Why is this necessary? Indians should concentrate on hitting these scum hard, and reducing if not eliminating the threat they represent. And anticipating the possible responses. If they don't respond, well and good. At most, it should be an addendum or footnote.

What Indians should positively not be doing, is speaking for the Pakistanis.
There is another way of looking at this. The reason why the nation is on high alert is that the Pakis are thought likely to respond in some way.

A brief background on the Paki army (which is familiar on BRF) suggests that
1. The must respond if they are seen as being insulted
2. They are currently in denial
3. In 1965 - the Pakistani army denied all its infiltration and aggro from August 1965 . They even launched their "Operation Grand Slam" in J&K denying that they were doing anything at all. When India finally responded by opening a new front in Punjab - attacking Lahore the Paki army that "India has launched an attack to capture Lahore". After that India's failure to capture Lahore was Pakistani victory. Hence Pakistan won the war that it started by trying to take Kashmir by saying Lahore was not captured

People who act in this manner can be expected to behave irrationally. That is why their actions need to be gamed out. If someone does it in public I have no issue with it because I do it all the time.

I personally suspect that they don't have much wiggle room but I like to think like a Paki and I would expect a border provocation and a brief conflict at the end of which they could declare victory. The importance of gaming out this and other possibilities is to deny them that victory by making them lose.

JMT
Vashishtha
BRFite

Post by Vashishtha »

Not a single word from the PM and the two press meets by the army were also postponed. Its been 2 days almost

Very very weird.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

After that India's failure to capture Lahore was Pakistani victory
It was never a war aim in 1965 to capture Lahore . Then it would have been incumbent on us to feed,clothe and provide TLC to the Pakis of tha city. This was what was told to me by someone who saw Lahore from the outskirts in 1965, the same person from whom I inherited the QF 25 , 25 pounder shell casings picked up from the battlefield (and a shattered piece of bullet proof glass from the eyesight/viewing port of a Pakistani tank) from that after being burnished and polished serves as flower vases in my house.That the Pakis celebrate their "victory" in 1965 as a "Defense of Pakistan" or whatever day is wholly keeping with their Pakiness, and wholly in character.

I do hope that our boys who went in for this strike, picked up momentoes that when they are old and they put their feet up and sit with their grandkids and think about "that day", they can show it to them and say how they have it and hopefully their grand kids will keep preserve it and keep it.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

PAF and PN has put together some kind of exercise at short notice.

on our side IN had already announced a large exercise near the Guj coast. am sure IAF is on high alert and there were reports of limited prep by IA to move more stocks of ammo and fuel to fwd areas in north.

I dont think PM need to say anything except in parliament if there is a need. this was not a particularly big strike - just maybe 4 platoons and no high value suar killed or bagged. POTUS does not speak when socom does these things all the time.

PM not saying anything for a very vocal / social media active person must be scaring the crap out of them...wondering what other evil designs he has on TSP, despite soothing words from DGMO that no further strikes are on anvil...they must be worried its just a ruse to cover more surprise attacks.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Everyone has a plan
until they get punched in the face
- Mike Tyson
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Singha wrote:Everyone has a plan
- Mike Tyson
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I ate a mutton burger in their CP outlet a few months ago. coupon code: FPAK :D
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Vashishtha wrote:Not a single word from the PM and the two press meets by the army were also postponed. Its been 2 days almost

Very very weird.
Silence is golden . Why should the PM get involved ?.

There were a few vermin creating nuisance in the backyard , and bit the Army and the Army dealt with it. Now if the vermin come back again, they will get swatted and the Army will make sure that the vermin don't be a nuisance. Earlier, the Army wasn't allowed to deal with the vermin by the earlier Pooh Bahs in Dilli and told "Ah.. These are small flea bites, don't bother" . Now the new Pooh Bah in Dilli has told them, okay, use a flea swatter or a HIT/Baygon/ whatever you want insect killer /repellent /method you think right to swat those insects and also sanitise the backyard.

The Army did just that. It was all a small matter, over in less than a few hours of work. I wonder why people get worked up over swatting a couple of dozen fleas. The correct response would have been to just yawn and moved on. This is exactly what the new Pooh Bah in Dilli has correctly done.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

shiv wrote:
People who act in this manner can be expected to behave irrationally. That is why their actions need to be gamed out. If someone does it in public I have no issue with it because I do it all the time.

I personally suspect that they don't have much wiggle room but I like to think like a Paki and I would expect a border provocation and a brief conflict at the end of which they could declare victory. The importance of gaming out this and other possibilities is to deny them that victory by making them lose.

JMT

Shiv,

Thinking like a Paki this is what I would do.

1) Wait a few days. Let the euphoria in India subside. Right now, activating proxy mouthpieces (Thapars, Burkhas, Turdesais of the world) will only cause blowback as their views will be intensely unpopular.

2) Thereafter, begin a push (through these mouthpieces and Track-II channels) to advance the following narrative: "OK, army did what it had to do. Uri, Pathankot, 26/11, 26/7/2006, Parliament, Kaluchak, IC814, 26/3/93, EVERYTHING has been avenged. NOW let us stop the circle of violence. Violence begets violence onlee no? Why be irrational. It is time to make moves towards pi$$." Basically... try to embarrass the Babus (if not Modi himself) towards Vajpayee-giri. Say "OK, now that you have given a slap, extend your hand in friendship, don't talk of revising IWT, overflights, MFN, SAARC, Baluchistan govt-in-exile etc."

3) The next step depends on the reaction of Modi sarkar to the advanced narrative (which will be sustained, and conveyed day after day in a long-drawn out propaganda bombardment to appeal to the "best intentions" of Indian aam admi).

3A) If Modi sarkar begins turning the other cheek and does Vajpayee-giri, pulling back on other means to isolate and harm Pakistan: business as usual will resume. Kashmir's "internal" disturbances go back to center stage. More Uri/Pathankot style attacks follow with the media Trojan Horses saying "look, even after the 28/9 op, nothing changed... these kinds of ops are good only for feeding the appetites of Hindutva bhakts and don't affect situation on the ground...nothing will change unless you resolve core issue and listen to the Kashmiri beebul" etc.

3B) OTOH if Modi sarkar keeps up the momentum and stays on the offensive, that will be interesting. I am 400% sure another massive terrorist attack on a soft-target, 26/11 scale or worse, and potentially on an economic target (like BSE, Bangalore Whitefields, BARC) designed to create massive public despair will be attempted. Perhaps a radiological weapon. BEFORE the attack, The Track-Thoo Trojan Horses will be activated to create an atmosphere such that, when the attack happens, the blame will fall on Modi sarkar. See, even after avenging "all previous terrorism" on 28/9 you still went ahead with pressing Pakistan. We said violence will beget violence, and see what happened?

Basically as a Paki ISI chief I have four priorities:
1) Within India, reclaim the momentum of public opinion so that it is once again divided on how to deal with Pakistan. Do this by showing that soft targets and economic interests can be hurt, and by using my mouthpieces to advance a narrative that blames Modi sarkar's "reckless, aggressive adventurism" when that happens.
2) Do not provoke further jhaapads like 28/9 by hitting IA installations or even cross border firing/incursions. It is clear that IA has a free hand to give jhaapad now, and that they can do it effectively. We cannot keep denying these kinds of ops forever.
3) Appease the jihadis by letting them carry out some very high-visibility, high-casualty terrorist attack on a soft target within India. This is the only thing that can keep them on side after so many of their best goatf***ers were shaheedized on 28/9.
4) Redouble my efforts to recruit, train, and equip relatively more deniable proxies within India to carry out terrorist strikes that will not be so easily traced back to my doorstep. Reactivate Indian Mujahedin/SIMI cells using politco-criminal Islamist nexuses wherever they have a foothold, e.g. Kerala, Bihar, Assam. Make the Indians feel pain that cannot be easily attributed to Pakistan. Use ISIS and other global Islamist organizations to do so, letting them take the lead while giving them all possible facilities to help in operations.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Tavleen Singh Aroor ‏@Tavysingh Sep 29
RIP "kadi ninda" :rotfl:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the squad that came ashore in Uran MH could be anywhere by now if picked up and moved by local sleeper cell. for sure they will try soft targets - colleges, malls, hotels etc to try and repeat 26/11
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Singha wrote:the squad that came ashore in Uran MH could be anywhere by now if picked up and moved by local sleeper cell. for sure they will try soft targets - colleges, malls, hotels etc to try and repeat 26/11
That turned out to be a hoax. The teenaged girl made it up.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Singha wrote:Everyone has a plan
- Mike Tyson
precisely why i am predicting no response from them for a while until they figure out what to do..

by our airforce, navy movements, we are signalling we are ready for whatever they throw and we have already established intent that we will respond.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

From Twitter : The 5 stages of grief :lol:

rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

shiv wrote: I personally suspect that they don't have much wiggle room but I like to think like a Paki and I would expect a border provocation and a brief conflict at the end of which they could declare victory. The importance of gaming out this and other possibilities is to deny them that victory by making them lose.

JMT
They are already claiming victory saar. As per their story, some IA tried to infil and thus the reports of "1 IA captured and 12 dead" and the brave TSPA did it. They are amused that IA is claiming successful surgical strike and surmise that it is because Modi is under pressure. I suspect the fake videos are also pre-emptive strike of the Pakis just in case we release the real videos later. This is a ****** up bunch, the Paki race.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Singha wrote:Out of around 30 classmates in my school class whatsapp list, two of them responded vigourously in support yesterday...rest all quiet....a few sikulars probably vaguely disapprive of such violence but not saying it at the moment.

The stupidity inertia and lack of awareness of a hood section of middle class educated india is also a force multiplier for break india inc like msm or bhaiwood or historians

Another guy asked why this is not widely reported in western media last night. I asked him when something happens in rome do the romans rush to read the times of india to validate and get proof that it really happened. Silence after that.
same here.. in my whatsapp groups.. because people have become "fattoo" some are shivering about response etc. but i suspect many others are not "gloating" because "gloating is a jinx" but privately very happy.
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

I am getting the sense that having a fight with the Pakis is like fighting with the wife. Everything is twisted out of proportion, there is no logic or reason and it drives you crazy.
Jus sayyin
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

fact Modi is not speaking is even more a positive sign about the kind of leader we have.

when it comes down to it, the man does what is needed.

big br@ss b@lls. same as those he displayed when turning up at patna even though NSG told him of attacks and said don't.

the kind of leader, the indian public who voted him in, and have shown stoic courage deserve.

despite the cowardly shtistanis like burkha bibi, turdesai, coupta all gloating and trying to make india into a modern day mughalistan behalf of the cosa nostra gang.

modi will do right by the forces. their valour has remained undimmed and requires the right kind of PM to acknowledge it and make their sacrifice worth the effort.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Dunno in what circles u folks run, but most of my friends in India are happy with IA/GoI's action. At least in my circle, the majority who disapprove are ones living abroad with a phoren passport, basically 'Global citizen' kinda of folks. Very annoying to read when they parrot US type of India-TSP restraint lines.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Primus wrote:This is a game changer, no doubt about that at all. IMHO there is NOTHING Pakistan can do other than deny it for as long as they can, then slowly accept it when the heat dies down a bit a'la Kargil. Meanwhile they will bluster and secretly plot to retaliate either conventionally or via the usual proxies. The IA and the government are well prepared for any such eventuality and I am sure will respond sharply and severely.

The Paki bluff has finally been called and they have been found wanting - the Emperor really has no clothes, or as BRFites like to say - they are Nuke Nood :rotfl:
exactly as rudradev saar and i were chuckling about. all the tsp NASR is good for is putting it up their own behinds and it serves the purpose of nasbandi.

pakistanis and their indian media rudaalis - all bamboo'ed bigtime by one op.

must have been open rudali time in dynasty television ltd only.
rajpa
BRFite

Post by rajpa »

In a marriage the couple may decide to stick together for the sake of the kid or cite irreconcilable differences and quit.

In the case of the pakis, they just keep asking for a good thump it seems. Thrice in 70 years is hardly a good measure. IA has to give more... and more...
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Zynda wrote:Dunno in what circles u folks run, but most of my friends in India are happy with IA/GoI's action. At least in my circle, the majority who disapprove are ones living abroad with a phoren passport, basically 'Global citizen' kinda of folks. Very annoying to read when they parrot US type of India-TSP restraint lines.
yeah. these qtiyas are the worst. na ghar ke na ghaat ke, dhobi ke kutte, pretending to be all global. :lol: :lol:
malushahi
BRFite

Post by malushahi »

Zynda wrote:Dunno in what circles u folks run, but most of my friends in India are happy with IA/GoI's action. At least in my circle, the majority who disapprove are ones living abroad with a phoren passport, basically 'Global citizen' kinda of folks. Very annoying to read when they parrot US type of India-TSP restraint lines.
Dunno in what circles u run, but the record breaking crowd that turned up in Madison Square Garden was certainly not there to parrot US type of India-TSP restraint lines.

Just a friendly elbow. Peace . :)
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Singha wrote:Out of around 30 classmates in my school class whatsapp list, two of them responded vigourously in support yesterday...rest all quiet....a few sikulars probably vaguely disapprive of such violence but not saying it at the moment.

The stupidity inertia and lack of awareness of a hood section of middle class educated india is also a force multiplier for break india inc like msm or bhaiwood or historians

Another guy asked why this is not widely reported in western media last night. I asked him when something happens in rome do the romans rush to read the times of india to validate and get proof that it really happened. Silence after that.
Very well said. I see the exact same thing in all my groups. I have been feeding all the information to those who I have some hope from. I type so much with so muxh zeal, and all I get in reply are some insipid smiley or two liners.

yesterday, when DGMO briefed about the attack, I was so enthralled, I wanted to shout it out in top of my voice. But when I stretched my neck over my cubical wall, all was going business as usual in office. None cared. Even after I told some of my collegues only 1-2 gave some info and back to work. Whereas I am sticking to computer screen reading news, brf, tweeter and what not for two full days without giving shit to pending work.

Sadly, Bharat abhi bhi so raha hai... :((
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Singha wrote:Another guy asked why this is not widely reported in western media last night. I asked him when something happens in rome do the romans rush to read the times of india to validate and get proof that it really happened. Silence after that.
maar di uski. good going sir. :lol: :lol:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

malushahi wrote:
Dunno in what circles u run, but the record breaking crowd that turned up in Madison Square Garden was certainly not there to parrot US type of India-TSP restraint lines.

Just a friendly elbow. Peace . :)
zynda is not referring to you red blooded types saar but a unique type of creature, often seen in some circles who thinks he has "arrived" and is busy being more global than the globalists.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

JayS wrote:

Very well said. I see the exact same thing in all my groups. I have been feeding all the information to those who I have some hope from. I type so much with so muxh zeal, and all I get in reply are some insipid smiley or two liners.

yesterday, when DGMO briefed about the attack, I was so enthralled, I wanted to shout it out in top of my voice. But when I stretched my neck over my cubical wall, all was going business as usual in office. None cared. Even after I told some of my collegues only 1-2 gave some info and back to work. Whereas I am sticking to computer screen reading news, brf, tweeter and what not for two full days without giving shit to pending work.

Sadly, Bharat abhi bhi so raha hai... :((
keep it going. people are awakening.

india sadly has a low % of population related to folks in services so ppl are very unaware and insulated. but nationalism is not lessening. modi would not be the PM if that were the case. those who care may not always yell, shout but sometimes the emotions come out.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Everyone in my circle has been euphoric, even the US/UK living desis. Whatsapp was blowing up yesterday. Modi's support has gone through the roof.

Finally a real man as leader after "learned" sissyboy for 10 years.

I am told that Modi explained the goals to the Army and gave them full freedom to do what they needed to do instead of micro-managing every part in areas he does not have expertise in. This is a great move and gets the Armed Forces fully involved.

My High School section was a Hindi section and so lot of Peacefools in it. One Peacefool girl has her husband in the Indian Air Force and is as jingo as any of you gundas here. :) There are others who are pro-India but very careful in what they say. There is one fellow who gets intense taqleef. Back in the middle school days, he used to openly say that he was supporting Pakistan in Test Matches.
pushkar.bhat
BRFite

Post by pushkar.bhat »

ks_sachin wrote:Pakistan par surgical operations kuch aisa kiya...... reminds me a famous dialogue by the legend actor RAJ KUMAR...

"Hum tumhe maarenge, aur zaroor maarenge...lekin wo bandook bhi humari hogi...goli bhi humari hogi...aur waqt bhi humara hoga!" ......... Sirf jagah tumhari hogi...........
Lovely :D
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

they are nanga whenever we want to go across
Why even go across? Why can't we use artillery, mortars, rockets, carl gustafs, etc to neutralize at least upto 1-5 kms of the border on Bakistani side?
By neutralize I mean make it a dust! charcoal so that you will see a person approaching border from far away. In other words increase the no-man's land from 1-6 feet to 1-5 kms.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

^So that we can look them in the eye as the bullets go in and take close-up selfies with their mutilated piggy corpses afterwards.

Imagine what a HUGE blackmail value the video footage from body-cams and drones has for GOI, with respect to a Paki army that is sooooo desperate to salvage its H&D. We did not fire from far away, we came into their house and had our way with all four wives and they could do nothing about it.
Mihir
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Mihir »

Karan M wrote:

same here.. in my whatsapp groups.. because people have become "fattoo" some are shivering about response etc. but i suspect many others are not "gloating" because "gloating is a jinx" but privately very happy.
Damn. The stuff being written in my bathmates' groups is the exact opposite. Would make BRF looked like a wooly liberal peacenik forum in comparison. :oops:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Nice Mihir! - just goes to show public opinion is not easily stereotyped. I firmly believe apart from a core group of BJP/Modi etc baiters, the average Indian is positively happy about the raid. Its been a long time coming.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

pushkar.bhat wrote:
ks_sachin wrote:Pakistan par surgical operations kuch aisa kiya...... reminds me a famous dialogue by the legend actor RAJ KUMAR...

"Hum tumhe maarenge, aur zaroor maarenge...lekin wo bandook bhi humari hogi...goli bhi humari hogi...aur waqt bhi humara hoga!" ......... Sirf jagah tumhari hogi...........
Lovely :D
Brilliant - Raj Kumar sir is so apt for this
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

350,000+ signatures on the petition to declare Bakistani a terrorist country!!
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Mihir wrote: Damn. The stuff being written in my bathmates' groups is the exact opposite. Would make BRF looked like a wooly liberal peacenik forum in comparison. :oops:
To be fair, you are a close minded sanghi anyway
morem
BRFite

Post by morem »

got into an argument with a peacefool on my whatsapp college group - he refused to believe the army carried out strikes.
36 years old and is studying on a fellowship.
leaves aside no chance to denigrate indian PM or BJP.
finally after 2 years of ignoring his pinpricks - called him a paki and asked him to go to Pakistan
M_Joshi
BRFite

Post by M_Joshi »

There's high possibility that one of the new Paras from this documentary was part of the Op.. Never thought that when I was watching the documentary on this Ind. Day, that these Paras' ability will be put to such good use so soon. :D

One more political fallout is that the wide political spectrum is supporting & congratulating Modi for this unprecedented endeavour. From Amul baba to kejri clown to Sonia to SS. It has solidified Modi's stature & earned him the badge of a doer, the one who walks the talk. Here's his video on what his reaction to Pakistan's misadventure would be. Congoons & appturds were having a field day flogging this video all over the internet after Pathankot & Uri attack. Now their masters are praising Modi for doing what he said he would do. Those creeps who were sharing this video & mocking him have not come out of their holes today:

And lastly BRF peeps again showing their foresight by predicting how the media pimps will react today vs how they'll react just after the attack. Yesterday Barkha bibi, though constipated put up a brave face & tried to join the chorus, but today based on my 35 sec viewing the NDTV, her response was 'It's a very pertinent question', to Sudhendra Kulkarni's statement that surgical strikes is not a permanent solution to deal with Pakistan & India should resolve the Kashmir issue first. :x
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

My whatsapp group (30+ schoolmates) - 4-5 elated which includes 2 muslims, one (anti-modi) openly not so and had a back n forth from a nationalist at which point one asks for calm of tempers and rest all quiet. This group is batch from Kendriya Vidhyalaya in Telengana.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

One thing needs to be noted. The impact of this cross-loc strike is FAR FAR greater than just on the Bak army H&D. He has delivered on his promise to give it back to the Bakis. He has proven a man of his word, willing to cross red-lines and not shackled by traditional Indian thinking.

Now our neighbors, Americans and Chinese are going to listen much more carefully to him now that he has broken past the self imposed *restraint* mindset. This is going to ring the bell in all the world capitals.

So now Modi's words on IWT, POK, Baluchistan and CPEC will carry much more credibility.