Bharat Rakshak Forum Announcement

Hello Everyone,

A warm welcome back to the Bharat Rakshak Forum.

Important Notice: Due to a corruption in the BR forum database we regret to announce that data records relating to some of our registered users have been lost. We estimate approx. 500 user details are deleted.

To ease the process of recreating the user IDs we request members that have previously posted on the BR forums to recognise and identify their posts, once the posts are identified please contact the BRF moderator team by emailing BRF Mod Team with your post details.

The mod team will be able to update your username, email etc. so that the user history can be maintained.

Unfortunately for members that have never posted or have had all their posts deleted i.e. users that have 0 posts, we will be unable to recreate your account hence we request that you re-register again.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Seetal

Latest Chinese boast: should we shiver or die laughing?

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ArjunPandit
BRFite

Re: Latest Chinese boast: should we shiver or die laughing?

Postby ArjunPandit » 01 Jul 2017 22:54

Iyersan wrote:I don't think the matter would escalate.

Even if this matter doesnt escalate, china will not take this matter lying down for sure. As they say price of freedom is eternal vigilance. They will come for sure

ashish raval
BRFite

Postby ashish raval » 02 Jul 2017 02:42

China with its open anti-India attitude expects us to not retaliate. It seems that China before it collapse economically wants to use their reserves to good use. None of the nation in Pacific are going to budge so let's try India.

Guess what!! Chinese do not understand India very well and so they try to use pissfull as a guide to understand how India is likely to respond in case of a conflict. I guess they have overestimated their power without necessarily estimating Indian strength.

I am close to being sure that Chinese would have done some math on Indian strength and weakness and cone to conclusions that in 5-10 years time, conflict with India will be a bloodier one and more detrimental than now and nearly impossible to win in 2 decades.

They only have very small window of opportunity in next two years and that will be gone because India will be too strong and self sufficient by then.

I am forwarding Chinese economy collapse in 2 years time when their debt will cross 300 percent and would need to borrow even more just to pay the interest on previous borrowings. All their gets will go wrong a) Pakistan b) NoKo c) OBOR d) Africa e) South China sea f) low cost manufacturing g) south America and they will end up loosing money and will only have themselves to blame - err Communists..I believe..

anupamd
BRFite -Trainee

Postby anupamd » 02 Jul 2017 11:20

The unspoken grudge for the Chinese is that Indian army maintains a permanent base in Ha valley Bhutan which is 2 days trek from the area in question. This base primary objective is to ensure that China does not engage in any incursions through Bhutan. Our relationship with Bhutan at all levels, from royalty to commoners, is one of the closest and often underplayed and overlooked in the mainstream Indian media. Needless to say, China will never be able to play any mischief through Bhutan.

rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby rohitvats » 02 Jul 2017 16:27

My analysis of the latest China India stand-off in Bhutanese territory:

http://vatsrohit.blogspot.in/2017/07/doklam-plateau-india-bhutan-and-china.html

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 03 Jul 2017 07:38

^^
Rohit - that is the best article I have read on the topic. Kudos.

Meanwhile I had a completely unexpected disk crash and my main loss is hundreds of Google earth placemarks that I had made for my China videos. Anyone - only one last one was half - done. I will do it later and start focusing on something new..

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 03 Jul 2017 07:42

Shiv had a same exp at home recently. was triggered it seems by hooking a new monitor to the laptop. I suggest weekly backups to google or msft free cloud storage. about 15gb of free in each

pandyan
BRFite

Postby pandyan » 03 Jul 2017 08:09

At the minimum turn on windows history and backup to external usb hd. They are very affordable anyway. Windows history also protects against accidental overwrites as it tracks versions

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 03 Jul 2017 08:23

Thanks for the suggestions. I have too many backups of too many things in duplicate and triplicate. I have 8 HDDs sitting in the cupboard ranging from 160 GB to 500 GB all working all changed before a disk crash occurred. Add 3 external drives totalling 1.5 TB. It should be illegal to have more storage than sense

This was a 15 month old 1 TB drive where the Linux partition and GRUB boot area got corrupted by a power surge and was unrecoverable using every trick and recovery method in the book. The other 3 partitions on the disk with data were untouched I had everything backed up except GE placemarks because.
a) I did not expect the disk to crash so soon
b) It was not important enough

DrRatnadip
BRFite

Postby DrRatnadip » 03 Jul 2017 13:51

shiv wrote:^^

Meanwhile I had a completely unexpected disk crash and my main loss is hundreds of Google earth placemarks that I had made for my China videos. Anyone - only one last one was half - done. I will do it later and start focusing on something new..

Sir chinese are trying to hack your computer.. :rotfl:

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 03 Jul 2017 14:58

DrRatnadip wrote:
shiv wrote:^^

Sir chinese are trying to hack your computer.. :rotfl:

+108

Definitely The same thing that caused the Su-30 accident hacked my computer

Iyersan
BRFite

Postby Iyersan » 03 Jul 2017 15:09

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 422611.cms
'India violated border ahead of Modi's US visit to show Washington it can contain China', says Chinese media :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DrRatnadip
BRFite

Postby DrRatnadip » 03 Jul 2017 15:31

Iyersan wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/india-violated-border-ahead-of-modis-us-visit-to-show-washington-it-can-contain-china-says-chinese-media/articleshow/59422611.cms
'India violated border ahead of Modi's US visit to show Washington it can contain China', says Chinese media :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

China is learning this art of playing victim from biggest victim of terror i.e. porkiland..
P.S. I will be very happy if this news is true :wink:

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 08 Jul 2017 22:34

New video: India-China standoff at Doklam plateau.

Geographical info courtesy Rohit Vats
http://vatsrohit.blogspot.in/2017/07/do ... l?spref=tw

https://youtu.be/6IXlLdtKIxQ

ArjunPandit
BRFite

Postby ArjunPandit » 09 Jul 2017 01:14

Thanks shiv Saaar .,.

Rakesh
Webmaster BR

Postby Rakesh » 10 Jul 2017 10:06

Despite Breathing Fire, The Dragon Knows It Cannot Beat India Back From Doklam
http://www.defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=263074

'Third Country's Army' Could Enter Kashmir At Pak's Request: Chinese Media
http://defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=263090

Eric Leiderman
BRFite

Postby Eric Leiderman » 11 Jul 2017 01:03

Time to invite the Tibetian prime minister who is in exile to be our chief guest for Republic Day

Rakesh
Webmaster BR

Postby Rakesh » 14 Jul 2017 01:34

Humiliating Defeat of '67 (India) and '79 (Vietnam) remains a sore thorn in China's glorious military rise
http://www.defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=263147

India will burn itself if it creates trouble over Tibetans: Chinese daily
http://www.defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=263125

Rakesh
Webmaster BR

Postby Rakesh » 14 Jul 2017 01:41

I wanted to post this in the "Pakistan arms sales, ops, doctrine, etc" thread, but it is locked.

Reminds me of Bhutto's bombastic bullsh!t, that we will eat grass if we have to...but we will get the nuclear bomb. Insha Allah!

I am dying laughing after reading this :rotfl:

We’ll make CPEC a success, come what may: COAS
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1456715/we ... -may-coas/

Rakesh
Webmaster BR

Postby Rakesh » 14 Jul 2017 01:45

Admins...where does this go? Truly hilarious!!

Suppressing religious freedoms: Chinese imams forced to dance in Xinjiang region :rotfl:
https://tribune.com.pk/story/871879/sup ... ng-region/

ArjunPandit
BRFite

Postby ArjunPandit » 14 Jul 2017 02:53

Rakesh wrote:Admins...where does this go? Truly hilarious!!

Suppressing religious freedoms: Chinese imams forced to dance in Xinjiang region :rotfl:
https://tribune.com.pk/story/871879/sup ... ng-region/

This one made a dull thursday truly hilarious. Some masterpieces

The imams were also forced to tell children that prayer was harmful for the soul.

looks like a nice mujra

“our income comes from the CKP [Chinese Communist Party] not from Allah”.

Rakesh
Webmaster BR

Postby Rakesh » 14 Jul 2017 06:27

Modi cited Vikramaditya era pact to counter China's 1890 Doka La accord
http://www.firstpost.com/india/get-this ... 04149.html

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 14 Jul 2017 19:37

^^ :lol: Perfect way to end the week

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 15 Jul 2017 00:53

I think we need to add Zhuang Shivering to the lexicon.

And I propose the title of the thread to be changed to:

"Latest Chinese poke: should we zhuang shiver or die laughing in our dhotis"

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 15 Jul 2017 06:46

disha wrote:I think we need to add Zhuang Shivering to the lexicon.

And I propose the title of the thread to be changed to:

"Latest Chinese poke: should we zhuang shiver or die laughing in our dhotis"

:lol: Good one. I need to remember to use it..

manjgu
BRFite

Postby manjgu » 15 Jul 2017 18:32

just crossed Tangste otw chushul.... mass of new structures to house Hodson horse !! all the horses visible from the road !!

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 15 Jul 2017 20:24

The way doklam issue has ended up as a stalemate for China is very embarrassing for China. Other countries in S.E Asia will make Chinese zhuang shiver now.

If tiny Bhutan can stand up to China (albeit with some help from India) why cannot Vietnam, Burma, Laos, Thailand, Taiwan & Philippines?

Kakarat
BRFite

Postby Kakarat » 15 Jul 2017 20:53

Sikkim standoff: 'China didn't foresee India stepping in to defend Bhutan'

An aggresive China did not anticipate India stepping in a strong manner to defend Bhutan's territorial sovereignty during its unilateral move to build a motorable road from Dokala in Doklam area towards the Bhutan Army camp in Zornpelri, according to Ryszard Czarnecki, vice president of the European Parliament.

"China's propaganda machinery has gone into an overdrive to implicate India for the border stand-off, conveniently glossing over the fact that China had taken the first step to change the status quo of the tri-junction area that it had committed to maintain under the Agreement on Maintenance of Peace and Tranquillity, signed with India in 1993. China is now insisting that it would not hold any dialogue on the matter till Indian troops withdrew from the area," Czarnecki says in his article.

He concludes by saying that "China needs to realize that its unprecedented economic and military growth must go hand in hand with respect for international rules. Without that, it will be hard to believe in assurances of 'win-win' and 'shared destiny' by the Chinese leadership.

schinnas
BRFite

Postby schinnas » 15 Jul 2017 23:29

Hakeem ji,
Should this thread be closed. The question raised in the title of the thread has been answered by you and others factually (thanks a lot to your videos).

The Doklam issue has applied the final nail on the coffin of empty PLA boasts.

Do you think it would help to consolidate India Cheenaa discussions in fewer threads so some valuable ob serrations don't get lost.

May be you see a different long term purpose for this thread.

Guddu
BRFite

Postby Guddu » 16 Jul 2017 00:42

Agree, one thread (Managing cheeni treat) is better. Original question has been answered.

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 16 Jul 2017 06:09

This thread has a history going back many years. It was not possible to write anything to mock or criticize China on the existing threads without inviting a reprimand from an uptight forum member of how and why we should respect China and look at all our failures and weaknesses. This thread was a space for those who did not want such lectures, or alternatively those who simply wanted to express fears and anxieties about China.

Suddenly a whole lot of Indians seem to have grown some spine now on all China threads. I would not be fooled by this. That spine can melt away with one single negative news report, Even right now on these forums there are subtle indicators of our incompetence and inferiority and Chinese greatness.

For example sitting here in Karnataka it is overcast and it is raining over the whole country let alone just the state. A "chaiwala" report says that LCA gun trials could not be held because of bad weather and I see the tears welling up and breasts starting to get beaten with grief. On the other hand there are a number of countries actually working on quantum entanglement - most of them are not superpowers or making grandiose announcements. Not even the US. China is coming up with a great number of announcements including a claim of teleportation - a word that is best known from science fiction. So no one is allowed to joke about the Chinese. A few sarcastic quips and then we have a finger wagging lecture about how "superpowers" get ahead.

Deep fear and anxieties about China among Indians lie just under the surface. We will be back to the good old days soon enough. Fear and respect is what the Chinese expect from us and that is exactly what many of us want to give them. But some people want to wear soosai and show neither fear nor respect. This thread was lung space for them. I have no control over closing threads but we have the option of ignoring this thread.

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Postby disha » 16 Jul 2017 08:12

This thread must remain.

We need the option to do zhuang shiver in this thread since in other threads we are already dhoti shivering.

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Postby arshyam » 16 Jul 2017 14:18

Seconded, let this thread remain to keep the analysis on Chinese "potemkin" strengths. Keeping it active will also help us share it on other fora and spread the word. If closed, it will get archived somewhere and lost.

schinnas
BRFite

Postby schinnas » 17 Jul 2017 01:17

shiv wrote:This thread has a history going back many years. It was not possible to write anything to mock or criticize China on the existing threads without inviting a reprimand from an uptight forum member of how and why we should respect China and look at all our failures and weaknesses. This thread was a space for those who did not want such lectures, or alternatively those who simply wanted to express fears and anxieties about China.

Suddenly a whole lot of Indians seem to have grown some spine now on all China threads. I would not be fooled by this. That spine can melt away with one single negative news report, Even right now on these forums there are subtle indicators of our incompetence and inferiority and Chinese greatness.

For example sitting here in Karnataka it is overcast and it is raining over the whole country let alone just the state. A "chaiwala" report says that LCA gun trials could not be held because of bad weather and I see the tears welling up and breasts starting to get beaten with grief. On the other hand there are a number of countries actually working on quantum entanglement - most of them are not superpowers or making grandiose announcements. Not even the US. China is coming up with a great number of announcements including a claim of teleportation - a word that is best known from science fiction. So no one is allowed to joke about the Chinese. A few sarcastic quips and then we have a finger wagging lecture about how "superpowers" get ahead.

Deep fear and anxieties about China among Indians lie just under the surface. We will be back to the good old days soon enough. Fear and respect is what the Chinese expect from us and that is exactly what many of us want to give them. But some people want to wear soosai and show neither fear nor respect. This thread was lung space for them. I have no control over closing threads but we have the option of ignoring this thread.

Makes sense. I was just concerned about some relevant commentary getting lost because of too many threads and took a narrow view based on the title of the thread. Coming to think of it, it may be possible that this thread may have something to do with some of the forum members growing spine in recent days.

schinnas
BRFite

Postby schinnas » 17 Jul 2017 01:30

OT warning:

The bit about Chinese teleporting something seems a legit science experiment. Probably media went crazy with over extrapolated possibilities. They seem to have just teleported information and not actual matter and it was an experiment explored by others but Chinese were the first to do it over long distances. Not bad actually.

https://www.space.com/37506-quantum-tel ... tered.html

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 17 Jul 2017 07:36

schinnas wrote:OT warning:

The bit about Chinese teleporting something seems a legit science experiment. Probably media went crazy with over extrapolated possibilities. They seem to have just teleported information and not actual matter and it was an experiment explored by others but Chinese were the first to do it over long distances. Not bad actually.

https://www.space.com/37506-quantum-tel ... tered.html

Science is always about repeatability. We have seen Ramar Pillai's fuels from water as well as "cold fusion" being more or less trashed.

Here the Chinese claim some breakthrough. Those who are are in the business will know the difficulty involved in making little breakthroughs and will want to know what might have been done to achieve that. Typically this happens in academic papers and presentations and not via popular media. Nowadays "science" is announced through popular mainstream media and is instantly swallowed by the public.

The original paper is here
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1707.00934.pdf

I cannot make out head or tail of it

ArjunPandit
BRFite

Postby ArjunPandit » 17 Jul 2017 08:46

Another aspect of these exaggerated reports on msm of to get increased funding

shiv
BRF Oldie

Postby shiv » 17 Jul 2017 09:23

ArjunPandit wrote:Another aspect of these exaggerated reports on msm of to get increased funding

Anything I say in this regard is liable to be taken as "wishful thinking" - but I have noticed - just in the last 4-5 years a massive increase in Chinese propaganda about how they are suddenly up there with the US - whereas only 6-8 years ago - right here on this forum we only used to see photoshopped propaganda photos.

Assume that there really was some deep, secret research happening in China, and that to my mind leads to two conclusions
1. That secret research seems to have skipped a lot of developmental steps from medium tech to cutting edge tech in every sphere which sounds very suspicious to me.
2. There is obviously a media blitz now - where all that research that was kept secret till 5 years ago is not being announced every day as a big success in every tech field

If some acquaintance of mine boasted in this manner I would rapidly stop believing him. But doing that about China is difficult because Indians warn me that I am stupid and I am "ignoring China" and I am therefore somehow indulging in anti-national behaviour by making people less anxious about Chinese developments compared with Indian incompetence.

My attitude is that I must be insane and that there is a place for insane people on this earth.

Guddu
BRFite

Postby Guddu » 17 Jul 2017 09:46

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/828981/China-genetic-engineering-super-soldiers-dogs link could have racy pictures !

Chinese are advancing spectacularly, currently demonstrating super dooper muscle technology on dogs, on the way to building superhumans, unkil already has that technology.

Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Postby Karthik S » 17 Jul 2017 11:42

Aha so this is how they are going to march their soliders through Tibet into Delhi. Just saw Game of Thrones, Night's King men marching towards the "border" wall. Can imagine similar scene.

ArjunPandit
BRFite

Postby ArjunPandit » 17 Jul 2017 15:33

^^I should have been more clear, my point is that there is a possibility that US media laps these news items more easily to get funding from their govt. 1. As you said, they seem to be progressing faster in areas way faster than say what it takes to US, UK, germany et al. This sounds very ridiculous to me in today's world,
2. but from for a layman I dont want to rule out the possibility that germans progressed way faster than anyone in during the period of WW2.
3. My personal opinion is that right now its lot of photoshopping and paki style: burraq boasting with some real stuff and that is amplified1000s of times.
4. While we may not need to dhoti shiver now, but sleeping at wheels of R&D car is never helpful and if lastly if that doesn't lit fire in our behinds for taking MIC research more seriously, God knows what else will.

Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”