Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Re: Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion Thread

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 90688?s=20 ---> Pakistan panics over India's Shahpur Kandi dam, fears it will cause large scale drought in Lahore. Pak PM Imran Khan has been given a special briefing on the issue.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Perhaps Impran should dust off the plans for Ghazwa-E-Hind? :lol:

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 54496?s=20 ---> Pak PM Impran Khan rants that no western country is criticizing what India is doing in Kashmir. Says, "It is our misfortune the kind of racist government is there [in India] and the fascist policies it has."

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 39843?s=20 ---> Pakistani policeman arrested for leaking details of movement of officials of SPD HQ (nuclear security agency) to a hostile intelligence agency.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Officers mess or five star hotel?

Which Pak Army officer is going threaten this lifestyle for Kashmir? :lol:

Jihad is only meant for the illiterate & malnourished Pakistani and disenfranchised Kashmiri youth.

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 18437?s=20 ---> Pakistan Army to spend over Rs. 800 crores to upgrade all major army officers messes, similar to that of the officers mess at Multan Corps HQ (upgraded in 2020). Project to upgrade rest had stalled due to pandemic and will resume now.

Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

No wonder all porkis want to get into the armed forces - Be it the unwashed Abdul from the lower strata or the RAPE from the upper class. They want to enjoy all the luxuries from nihari and keema in luxurious messes to getting DNA houses and multiple acres of land with every promotion starting at the colonel level.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Rakesh wrote:Officers mess or five star hotel? Which Pak Army officer is going threaten this lifestyle for Kashmir?
For a fleeting moment, I thought you had posted pictures of Saddam Hussein's palaces. The only thing missing is the gold toilet.

All images are from Getty Images ---> https://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/saddam-hussein-palace

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 26594?s=20 ---> Afghanistan: Failed Pakistani strike using Chinese drones on a TTP base in Kunar. Both missiles failed to hit target. Both Afghan Taliban and TTP to retaliate against this attack.

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 76225?s=20 ---> The Chinese AR-1 missile failed to even explode.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 06752?s=20 ---> Report: Pak Army applies for line of credit from Czech Republic to buy new assault rifles to replace aging and obsolete G3s and Type 56.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 11496?s=20 ---> France blocked Pakistan Air Force's attempt to acquire 36 heavily upgraded Mirage V 'Horus' fighter-bombers along with Mica missiles from Egypt in late 2019. Was supposed to equip two squadrons at PAF Base Shorkot: Pak media.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Rakesh wrote: https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 06752?s=20 ---> Report: Pak Army applies for line of credit from Czech Republic to buy new assault rifles to replace aging and obsolete G3s and Type 56.
Seems its birather mulk Turkey is not ready to offer its rifles on credit to Bhikaristan. :lol:
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

Google Indian military officers mess. I was a bit surprised by the standards, to be frank. Perhaps there is less corruption in the military and the funds actually go towards the buildings. Perhaps they military know how to build buildings.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Can someone help identify these aircraft I saw on google maps at 32.044202421861996, 72.67308596267586? That is PAF Sargodha Airbase. Don't appear to be Bundars or F-16's. They appear to have variable-sweep wings which I'm sure can only mean my eyes are playing tricks on me. PAF has never operated any swing-wing aircraft AFAIK.

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

^they look like f14s. Iranians? Dact exercise maybe.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Cain Marko wrote:^they look like f14s. Iranians? Dact exercise maybe.
More like Tornadoes now that I think about it. Did they have any exercises with the brits?
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

nachiket wrote:
More like Tornadoes now that I think about it. Did they have any exercises with the brits?
Didn't Oman also have tornados?
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

nachiket wrote:
You got it. They're probably Saudi:
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Cain Marko wrote: You got it. They're probably Saudi:
Ah thanks. That clears it up.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

nachiket wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: You got it. They're probably Saudi:
Ah thanks. That clears it up.
That link says the US AIr force was also participating in the excercise, they really play both ways.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Uncircumcised abdools can't get into PAF :rotfl:

https://twitter.com/Dev_Jurix/status/79 ... 25920?s=20 --->

sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Is that a real one or just some photo-shopped SM pic?

Anyways, with TSP, lines usually blur and wont be surprised if true
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

jamwal wrote:....
I have edited your post above to include the link.

What seems to be the issue with you not posting a simple link? How many times must I request you to do the same thing?

All it takes is one, just ONE, overzealous copyrighter to shut the entire forum down. I myself used to post like this, but had to change.
Barath
BRFite

Post by Barath »

sum wrote:Is that a real one or just some photo-shopped SM pic?
Anyways, with TSP, lines usually blur and wont be surprised if true
Also, the actual letter says that AFM-01 has no clear instructions.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

jamwal wrote:Uncircumcised abdools can't get into PAF :rotfl:

https://twitter.com/Dev_Jurix/status/79 ... 25920?s=20 --->
There I am corrected again. Always thought you had to be a complete pr*ck to join any branch of the puki military but it now appears that even half will do!
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Rakesh Saar,

I had posted it from my own profile and I really don't want to spam my own links again and again.
Additionally, I am not trying to sound preachy or condescending, but your idea of copyright and strikes don't match the reality. Saying it as owner of multiple websites and someone who has initiated copyright strikes on people who steal content.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

jamwal wrote:Rakesh Saar,

I had posted it from my own profile and I really don't want to spam my own links again and again.
Additionally, I am not trying to sound preachy or condescending, but your idea of copyright and strikes don't match the reality. Saying it as owner of multiple websites and someone who has initiated copyright strikes on people who steal content.
Then please don’t post any thing. Because if you continue to post pictures or info without links, I will delete the post.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Alright. It was fun while it lasted.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Have a nice day!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 54465?s=20 ---> Turkey offers Pakistan and Azerbaijan partnership in the 'TFX' fifth-gen fighter jet program in exchange for $2.1 billion investment by Pak and $0.8 billion investment by Azeris. Minimum order size for PAF will have to be 60 jets and 20 for Azerbaijan: Turkish media.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 96037?s=20 ---> Report: Pakistan worried it may not have unrestricted access to Italian weapons market anymore, after India lifted ban on Leonardo Inc. Pakistan Navy to now import torpedos from Turkey instead of Italy.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Vips wrote:No wonder all porkis want to get into the armed forces - Be it the unwashed Abdul from the lower strata or the RAPE from the upper class. They want to enjoy all the luxuries from nihari and keema in luxurious messes to getting DNA houses and multiple acres of land with every promotion starting at the colonel level.
India just needs to abandon its nuclear NFU., these mangos would think twice before subsidising jihadis . An assured overwhelming first response is the need of the hour.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Rakesh wrote: https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 54465?s=20 ---> Turkey offers Pakistan and Azerbaijan partnership in the 'TFX' fifth-gen fighter jet program in exchange for $2.1 billion investment by Pak and $0.8 billion investment by Azeris. Minimum order size for PAF will have to be 60 jets and 20 for Azerbaijan: Turkish media.
maybe Turkey can be a Christmas turkey and provide the 2.1 B moolah for its isloo brother who will then generously use that to pay for the kafir 6th gen phiter
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Rakesh wrote: https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 54465?s=20 ---> Turkey offers Pakistan and Azerbaijan partnership in the 'TFX' fifth-gen fighter jet program in exchange for $2.1 billion investment by Pak and $0.8 billion investment by Azeris. Minimum order size for PAF will have to be 60 jets and 20 for Azerbaijan: Turkish media.
TF-X is practically a dead end. The US has likely scaled back partnership on propulsion, and even when they were involved they were still only offering legacy 4th gen level of propulsion so this wasn't going to be a true 5th gen platform to begin with. The UK has likely also dialed down what it is sharing, and they've pissed off France so that partnership isn't an option. Perhaps they'll replace some of these with Russian OEMs, but then Russia will have limits too in terms of how much it will cooperate with a NATO member. We can gauge how much of a dead end the project is given that they are offering it to Pakistan and the Azeris. The numbers are also laughable. For reference, the UK invested about $2 Billion into the JSF development. Turkey wants Pakistan to invest that level on a paper project when they''ve produced exactly zero combat fast jets in the past?
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Why not with ummah brother Pakistan.. hopefully they will allow paki labour to paint the missiles at least

Saudi Arabia developing ballistic missiles with help of China
US intelligence agencies have assessed that Saudi Arabia is now actively manufacturing its own ballistic missiles with the help of China, CNN has learned, a development that could have significant ripple effects across the Middle East and complicate the Biden administration's efforts to restrain the nuclear ambitions of Iran, the Saudis' top regional rival.

Saudi Arabia is known to have purchased ballistic missiles from China in the past but has never been able to build its own -- until now, according to three sources familiar with the latest intelligence. Satellite images obtained by CNN also suggest the Kingdom is currently manufacturing the weapons in at least one location.
Bishwa
BRFite

Post by Bishwa »

Manish_P wrote:Why not with ummah brother Pakistan.. hopefully they will allow paki labour to paint the missiles at least

[
The Saudis likely know Pakistan acquired their missile tech from NK and also the quality of the missiles. They would rather prefer a better source
Bishwa
BRFite

Post by Bishwa »

nachiket wrote:Can someone help identify these aircraft I saw on google maps at 32.044202421861996, 72.67308596267586? That is PAF Sargodha Airbase. Don't appear to be Bundars or F-16's. They appear to have variable-sweep wings which I'm sure can only mean my eyes are playing tricks on me. PAF has never operated any swing-wing aircraft AFAIK.
There are likely Saudi Arabian Tornados. Tornados are swing wing and they did participate in ACE exercise in Sargodha.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Bishwa wrote:
Manish_P wrote:Why not with ummah brother Pakistan.. hopefully they will allow paki labour to paint the missiles at least

[
The Saudis likely know Pakistan acquired their missile tech from NK and also the quality of the missiles. They would rather prefer a better source
Yes, the original source.. China the manufacturer, NK the distributor, Pakistan the local baniya (how they hate that word). Saudis know it for sure since they bankrolled them (at least partially anyway- being one of the 4 fathers).
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/800Tonnes/status/14 ... 49255?s=20 ---> The Agosta 90B submarine.

Work team art with @CovertShores and @EmbersOfStirn.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/TheLegateIN/status/ ... 31140?s=20 ---. Pakistan orders Chinese made CM-501GA helicopter launched anti-ship missiles in an attempt to counter Indian Navy's acquisition of Naval Strike Missiles (NSM), but the missile is significantly inferior to the NSM in every aspect.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

With western combat aircraft now looking increasingly out of reach for both political, and financial reasons, I wonder how long it will will take the PAF to be an all Chinese equipped AF. This will also be the case for their Air Defense systems. J-10C is obviously not to the standard of the Rafale, but it should be much superior to the early F-16's and will be more available (newer platform). Given their situation it is just about the most capable system they could get their hands on.

Pakistan confirms raising squadron of Chinese J-10C in response to India's Rafale jets

Putting the speculations to rest, the government of Pakistan has confirmed the acquisition of at least 25 Chinese J-10C fighter jets for the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Pakistan's interior minister Sheikh Rashid told reporters in Rawalpindi on Wednesday that a squadron of 25 China-made jets would participate in a fly-past on 23 March. The minister touted the Chinese jets as "an answer to India's Rafale jets".

However, the minister misarticulated the name of the jets repeatedly during his interaction, referring to the jets as "Chinese JS-10". While rumours of Pakistan acquiring Chinese jets have been doing rounds for a long time, a big question mark remains over the claims of the Chinese jets competence against the advanced French Rafale.

Although China has been using the J-10C multirole fighter aircraft to replace its much older J-7E fighters at the People's Liberation Army Air Force's (PLAAF's) brigades, it relied on its much-advanced J-20 stealth jets when it came to monitoring of the crucial Taiwan Strait and East China Sea.

The J-10C is considered a capable workhorse of the Chinese air force, but it falls below the cutting-edge capabilities of the Rafale. Commentary in Chinese state media often looks to place the mid-sized fighter jet closer to the Rafale but Rafale's integrated architecture, superior sensors and overall combat capabilities set it apart.

With a distinct advantage in thrust and superior short-range missile, Rafale scores over the J-10C with better kill probability during Within Visual Range (WVR) combat. The combination of RBE2 AESA radar with the Meteor missile in Rafale provides a distinct advantage in the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) combat as well. Rafale's electronic warfare suite is also believed to be the most capable in its class.

The J-10C jets have been sighted during the China-Pakistan joint air exercises recently. Weeks before the formal announcements, the J-10C model was spotted in the pictures of the Pakistan Air Force Chief's office.

The Imran Khan Government's intentions to acquire the Chinese jets have already been questioned by the opposition. "I don't think the J-10C is as good as the Rafale also. We should have invested this money in building Project Azm and enhancing JF-17 capabilities," Dr Afnan Ullah Khan had posted on Twitter, earlier this month.
Last edited by brar_w on 29 Dec 2021 22:48, edited 3 times in total.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

The J-10 will replace their early model F-16s acquired in the 80s. They are older than the IAF Mirage 2000s and MiG-29s.

Only the 18 F-16 Block 50/52s will be left. A minimum of two squadrons will be acquired to replace No 9 and No 11 Squadrons in the PAF.