DefExpo 2018 Chennai

nam
BRF Oldie

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Post by nam »

From @kakarat's twitter account

People, it has a IA registration. Inducted in '17? I think there has been progress in Kestrel trails.

Is our motorised divisions finally coming up :D

I wonder if it can tow artillery pieces.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Kakarat sahab, absolutely loving the pictures. Please keep them coming. In fact we should make an album for you, here at BR.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Indranil please proceed and setup.
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

Kakarat wrote:thinking of posting a few wallpaper quality images with less intrusive watermarks, can someone suggest the size?
I hope you are asking about the resolution. 1280 x 1024 would be ok, I guess. Not sure, if we can regulate the file size. If it's possible, then anything under 5MB per pic, would be good.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

They have changed the timings, now 11th is a full day and 12 is between 1 to 5, Now I have to change my entire plan

https://defexpoindia.in/Exhibition%20timings.pdf

Anyone planning to go on 11th
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kakarat wrote:
ramana wrote:Kakarat, Can you find out about all the artillery guns status?
I am planning to visit the expo on 12th & i will try my best to get answers to all questions

can we compile all the questions by 11th?

Tank you so much.

A few questions:

What is the status if Dhanush trials?
What is status of M777 firing tables?
Did they complete the instrumented (import from US) shells firing from M777?

Has the root cause been found for both shortcomings?

Also the muzzle strike etc., happen with which OFB shell? ERFB at max charge only?
Has the Dhanush Induction Center been setup?

If you can find Lt. Gen. Anjan Mukherjee(R) former DG Arty and/or Lt Gen. P.R. Shankar, please ask them and tell about our interest.

Also any news about Arjun -2 induction?
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Anyone planning to go to the expo on 14th please reschedule its open to public for free

https://defexpoindia.in/General%20Visitors.pdf
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

From SSC:

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

One more:

Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Indranil wrote:Kakarat sahab, absolutely loving the pictures. Please keep them coming. In fact we should make an album for you, here at BR.
Indranil same as you no sahab please. When ever there is a expo or a defence show I expect as much as photos and data as possible so when I am able to attend shouldn't I be doing the same for others who could not attend

I am having some issue with my PC and editing and posting with my netbook so kindly bare with me for the slow pace. there is lot more to come from yesterdays batch itself
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

Kakarat wrote:They have changed the timings, now 11th is a full day and 12 is between 1 to 5, Now I have to change my entire plan

:x Now I need to reschedule my entire routine. I had planned to visit the expo on 12th, port on 13th & back to expo on 14th.
Also from that PDF, it appears that the Port visit to ships has now been converted into a free-for-all & that too, just 2 ships. Sunday is going to be mega-rush. Hope people don't create a mess & result in a lathicharge.

Also, there's no mention about prohibition on cameras/phones/photography, under the Do's & Don'ts. Can someone check on this & confirm ?
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Bob V wrote:
Kakarat wrote:They have changed the timings, now 11th is a full day and 12 is between 1 to 5, Now I have to change my entire plan

:x Now I need to reschedule my entire routine. I had planned to visit the expo on 12th, port on 13th & back to expo on 14th.
Also from that PDF, it appears that the Port visit to ships has now been converted into a free-for-all & that too, just 2 ships. Sunday is going to be mega-rush. Hope people don't create a mess & result in a lathicharge.

Also, there's no mention about prohibition on cameras/phones/photography, under the Do's & Don'ts. Can someone check on this & confirm ?
that was my plan too, thank fully the ship is available on 13th. Now my plan would be 11th at expo, 13th at port and 14th again at expo

But now the problem is as per the original plan my friend was to accompany me and he would have brought his car which would have been helpful in bringing all the infosheets i will collect at the expo now i have to plan how to do it in my bike considering I will also be carrying a camera bag

Bob V kindly mail me at kakarat2001atgmail
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

Done. Have mailed you.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

I am thinking of taking my cousin along with me (he loves this stuff), but he is still a 17-yo high school student. The website is confusing - in the main page, it says "children below 16 years will not be permitted", but the admission policy mentions the cut-off as 18 years. I am in a dilemma - should I register or not? I don't want spend a bunch and not be admitted after going all the way.

Also, how strict are they in admission to the venue? The admission policy doc sounds very strict even otherwise and might not let me in as well: :(
Visitor Profile :
All visitors should be engaged in bona fide areas of the defence industry, government, the armed forces, defence public sector units, para-military, police, government, defence related equipment procurement or service provider organisations, defence contractors and suppliers, specifiers, operators/end-users, defence media, defence colleges, defence training and research establishments.
https://defexpoindia.in/ADMISSION%20POLICY.pdf

Aero India was very chilled out when I went last year - they didn't ask why I was there, etc. Hopefully it's the same here too - did anyone here attend the previous event in Goa?

Lastly, the date changes for the naval display is a bummer, messing up my plans completely. I'll get only a moth-eaten Thu for the exhibition now, and even that's not too certain going by the above. Sigh. GoI never fails to live up to its expectations.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

arshyam wrote:I am thinking of taking my cousin along with me (he loves this stuff), but he is still a 17-yo high school student. The website is confusing - in the main page, it says "children below 16 years will not be permitted", but the admission policy mentions the cut-off as 18 years. I am in a dilemma - should I register or not? I don't want spend a bunch and not be admitted after going all the way.

Also, how strict are they in admission to the venue? The admission policy doc sounds very strict even otherwise and might not let me in as well: :(
Visitor Profile :
All visitors should be engaged in bona fide areas of the defence industry, government, the armed forces, defence public sector units, para-military, police, government, defence related equipment procurement or service provider organisations, defence contractors and suppliers, specifiers, operators/end-users, defence media, defence colleges, defence training and research establishments.

Aero India was very chilled out when I went last year - they didn't ask why I was there, etc. Hopefully it's the same here too - did anyone here attend the previous event in Goa?

Lastly, the date changes for the naval display is a bummer, messing up my plans completely. I'll get only a moth-eaten Thu for the exhibition now, and even that's not too certain going by the above. Sigh. GoI never fails to live up to its expectations.
Admission is free for Saturday when it is open to public. Govt ID is mandatory though.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Half of Chennai will be there on Saturday, best avoided...
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

arshyam wrote:I am thinking of taking my cousin along with me (he loves this stuff), but he is still a 17-yo high school student. The website is confusing - in the main page, it says "children below 16 years will not be permitted", but the admission policy mentions the cut-off as 18 years. I am in a dilemma - should I register or not? I don't want spend a bunch and not be admitted after going all the way.

Visitor Profile :

If you register as business visitor it is asking for your date of birth, if you complet through that i dont think you will have any problem at the venue. The following link has contact details if you want to clarify first https://defexpoindia.in/Contact.aspx

go ahead and fill up the registeration form and see what happens because submiting the registeration leeds to terms and condition page before payment page
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

Yep. Shouldn't be a problem registering for a Business Pass, even if you are not connected to the industry. I had mailed the organizer earlier, regarding the same & they gave the go-ahead.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Thanks for your suggestions, Kakarat and Bob saars. The website's info page didn't complain when I entered my cousin's DoB, let's see how it goes.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Can we have a BR meet at Defexpo on 11th or 14th?

All those wanting answers from the expo please post your questions by today evening since I will be visiting tomorrow
ashmaharaj

Post by ashmaharaj »

@Kakarat I am planning to visit on the 11th . I am yet to get my pass. Planning to visit the BEL office at Guindy to get the pass. Can you pm your mobile number so that we can coordinate
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

arshyam wrote:Thanks for your suggestions, Kakarat and Bob saars. The website's info page didn't complain when I entered my cousin's DoB, let's see how it goes.
Can you please send me your visit plan by email to kakarat2001atgmail I am trying for a BR meet at Defexpo
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

ashmaharaj wrote:@Kakarat I am planning to visit on the 11th . I am yet to get my pass. Planning to visit the BEL office at Guindy to get the pass. Can you pm your mobile number so that we can coordinate
Please mail me at kakarat2001atgmail
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

1536X1024 wallpaper version of Arjun MkII
https://twitter.com/kakarat2001/status/ ... 1752042502

Actual image in the link above
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Bob V wrote:
Prasad wrote:Anyone going from adyar, mylapore side? Sridhar saar? No vandi :(
I'm closer to you but don't have a vehicle too. Will have to take a taxi, all the way.
I am going on the 13th. Can pick you two on that day. Send me mail .
Added later: You also have PM.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

SSridhar wrote:
Bob V wrote:
I'm closer to you but don't have a vehicle too. Will have to take a taxi, all the way.
I am going on the 13th. Can pick you two on that day. Send me mail raptorss AT GM. . L
I am visiting the ships on 13th, its unfortunate I might not be able to meet you.
Will try to retun back to the venue if possible after the ship visit and if possible meet you outside the venue
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Kakarat wrote:I am visiting the ships on 13th, its unfortunate I might not be able to meet you.
Will try to retun back to the venue if possible after the ship visit and if possible meet you outside the venue
Kakarat, the ship visit will possible take the whole day. I understand that visitors are being taken in batches from the Island Ground.

Anyway, I have sent you a PM.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Mailed.
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

Thanks Sridhar saar for the kind offer. But my plan is 11th - Expo, 13th - Port & 14th - Expo. I'll be going to the Port early, on that day. If I hopefully get picked up among the first few batch of visitors, then I should be able to wind up the visit by 1pm. Post that I will try to visit the Expo, to link up with you guys.
naruto
BRFite

Post by naruto »

Guys, for the ships visit, where should one go? The chennai port (gate no ?) or Island ground ?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Kakarat wrote:
arshyam wrote:Thanks for your suggestions, Kakarat and Bob saars. The website's info page didn't complain when I entered my cousin's DoB, let's see how it goes.
Can you please send me your visit plan by email to kakarat2001atgmail I am trying for a BR meet at Defexpo
Done saar. My plan is straightforward: visit the expo on the 12th (I know, only afternoon is available), and the ships on the 13th. Same as Bob saar, I plan to be there as early as possible so I can wind up and perhaps visit the expo again on Friday afternoon.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

SSridhar wrote:
Kakarat wrote:I am visiting the ships on 13th, its unfortunate I might not be able to meet you.
Kakarat, the ship visit will possible take the whole day. I understand that visitors are being taken in batches from the Island Ground.

Anyway, I have sent you a PM.
Sridhar sir, do you know where on the island grounds - Munro statue or Flagstaff road? I was thinking of going to the port trust gate near the War memorial and start from there. It's also the entrance closest to INS Adyar and space to form a waiting line. It's only a guess, though.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

I think many of us are visiting the ships on 13th so why not have a BR meet at the ship itself?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Kakarat wrote:I think many of us are visiting the ships on 13th so why not have a BR meet at the ship itself?
I think you should have.

Unfortunately, because of personal reasons, I had to plan for 13th to visit DefExpo.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

arshyam wrote: Munro statue or Flagstaff road? I was thinking of going to the port trust gate near the War memorial and start from there. It's also the entrance closest to INS Adyar and space to form a waiting line. It's only a guess, though.
I am not exactly aware of from where. But, I would rule out Monroe Statue entrance. That is on the other side and too far away. I would believe that it would be from near the Napier Bridge/War Memorial area, because that would be closest to INS Adyar and through it to the Port. There
may be shuttle bus service from Island grounds up to INS Adyar gates because they are still a Km or more away from beach road.
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

Alright folks. On the way to the expo venue. Send in your questions, if you want anything to be asked around.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Kakarat wrote:I think many of us are visiting the ships on 13th so why not have a BR meet at the ship itself?
Am game. Will try to make it.

Is there an age limit? Also, what's the location to see the ships?
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

Kakarat wrote:1536X1024 wallpaper version of Arjun MkII
https://twitter.com/kakarat2001/status/ ... 1752042502

Actual image in the link above
Sorry to say but the watermark s too prominent and spoils the image..
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

I think he has said it a few time now. BR members can contact him and get unwatermarked copies. He is doing this for Twitteratti, and I agree.
naruto
BRFite

Post by naruto »