DefExpo 2018 Chennai

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
nam
BRFite
Posts: 1575
Joined: 05 Jan 2017 20:48

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby nam » 09 Apr 2018 17:53

From @kakarat's twitter account

Image

People, it has a IA registration. Inducted in '17? I think there has been progress in Kestrel trails.

Is our motorised divisions finally coming up :D

I wonder if it can tow artillery pieces.

Indranil
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6980
Joined: 02 Apr 2010 01:21

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Indranil » 09 Apr 2018 19:52

Kakarat sahab, absolutely loving the pictures. Please keep them coming. In fact we should make an album for you, here at BR.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 50757
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby ramana » 09 Apr 2018 20:01

Indranil please proceed and setup.

Bob V
BRFite
Posts: 387
Joined: 26 Jul 2009 04:29
Location: Out at the sea
Contact:

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Bob V » 09 Apr 2018 20:32

Kakarat wrote:thinking of posting a few wallpaper quality images with less intrusive watermarks, can someone suggest the size?


I hope you are asking about the resolution. 1280 x 1024 would be ok, I guess. Not sure, if we can regulate the file size. If it's possible, then anything under 5MB per pic, would be good.

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 09 Apr 2018 20:49

They have changed the timings, now 11th is a full day and 12 is between 1 to 5, Now I have to change my entire plan

https://defexpoindia.in/Exhibition%20timings.pdf

Anyone planning to go on 11th

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 50757
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby ramana » 09 Apr 2018 20:51

Kakarat wrote:
ramana wrote:Kakarat, Can you find out about all the artillery guns status?


I am planning to visit the expo on 12th & i will try my best to get answers to all questions

can we compile all the questions by 11th?



Tank you so much.


A few questions:

What is the status if Dhanush trials?
What is status of M777 firing tables?
Did they complete the instrumented (import from US) shells firing from M777?

Has the root cause been found for both shortcomings?

Also the muzzle strike etc., happen with which OFB shell? ERFB at max charge only?
Has the Dhanush Induction Center been setup?

If you can find Lt. Gen. Anjan Mukherjee(R) former DG Arty and/or Lt Gen. P.R. Shankar, please ask them and tell about our interest.

Also any news about Arjun -2 induction?

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 09 Apr 2018 21:06

Anyone planning to go to the expo on 14th please reschedule its open to public for free

https://defexpoindia.in/General%20Visitors.pdf

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2982
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby arshyam » 09 Apr 2018 21:21

From SSC:


arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2982
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby arshyam » 09 Apr 2018 21:21

One more:


Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 09 Apr 2018 21:25

Indranil wrote:Kakarat sahab, absolutely loving the pictures. Please keep them coming. In fact we should make an album for you, here at BR.


Indranil same as you no sahab please. When ever there is a expo or a defence show I expect as much as photos and data as possible so when I am able to attend shouldn't I be doing the same for others who could not attend

I am having some issue with my PC and editing and posting with my netbook so kindly bare with me for the slow pace. there is lot more to come from yesterdays batch itself

Bob V
BRFite
Posts: 387
Joined: 26 Jul 2009 04:29
Location: Out at the sea
Contact:

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Bob V » 09 Apr 2018 21:37

Kakarat wrote:They have changed the timings, now 11th is a full day and 12 is between 1 to 5, Now I have to change my entire plan

https://defexpoindia.in/Exhibition%20timings.pdf

Anyone planning to go on 11th


:x Now I need to reschedule my entire routine. I had planned to visit the expo on 12th, port on 13th & back to expo on 14th.
Also from that PDF, it appears that the Port visit to ships has now been converted into a free-for-all & that too, just 2 ships. Sunday is going to be mega-rush. Hope people don't create a mess & result in a lathicharge.

Also, there's no mention about prohibition on cameras/phones/photography, under the Do's & Don'ts. Can someone check on this & confirm ?

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 09 Apr 2018 21:49

Bob V wrote:
Kakarat wrote:They have changed the timings, now 11th is a full day and 12 is between 1 to 5, Now I have to change my entire plan

https://defexpoindia.in/Exhibition%20timings.pdf

Anyone planning to go on 11th


:x Now I need to reschedule my entire routine. I had planned to visit the expo on 12th, port on 13th & back to expo on 14th.
Also from that PDF, it appears that the Port visit to ships has now been converted into a free-for-all & that too, just 2 ships. Sunday is going to be mega-rush. Hope people don't create a mess & result in a lathicharge.

Also, there's no mention about prohibition on cameras/phones/photography, under the Do's & Don'ts. Can someone check on this & confirm ?


that was my plan too, thank fully the ship is available on 13th. Now my plan would be 11th at expo, 13th at port and 14th again at expo

But now the problem is as per the original plan my friend was to accompany me and he would have brought his car which would have been helpful in bringing all the infosheets i will collect at the expo now i have to plan how to do it in my bike considering I will also be carrying a camera bag

Bob V kindly mail me at kakarat2001atgmail

Bob V
BRFite
Posts: 387
Joined: 26 Jul 2009 04:29
Location: Out at the sea
Contact:

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Bob V » 09 Apr 2018 21:58

Done. Have mailed you.

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2982
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby arshyam » 09 Apr 2018 22:42

I am thinking of taking my cousin along with me (he loves this stuff), but he is still a 17-yo high school student. The website is confusing - in the main page, it says "children below 16 years will not be permitted", but the admission policy mentions the cut-off as 18 years. I am in a dilemma - should I register or not? I don't want spend a bunch and not be admitted after going all the way.

Also, how strict are they in admission to the venue? The admission policy doc sounds very strict even otherwise and might not let me in as well: :(

Visitor Profile :
All visitors should be engaged in bona fide areas of the defence industry, government, the armed forces, defence public sector units, para-military, police, government, defence related equipment procurement or service provider organisations, defence contractors and suppliers, specifiers, operators/end-users, defence media, defence colleges, defence training and research establishments.

https://defexpoindia.in/ADMISSION%20POLICY.pdf

Aero India was very chilled out when I went last year - they didn't ask why I was there, etc. Hopefully it's the same here too - did anyone here attend the previous event in Goa?

Lastly, the date changes for the naval display is a bummer, messing up my plans completely. I'll get only a moth-eaten Thu for the exhibition now, and even that's not too certain going by the above. Sigh. GoI never fails to live up to its expectations.

Bart S
BRFite
Posts: 1353
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 00:03

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Bart S » 09 Apr 2018 23:03

arshyam wrote:I am thinking of taking my cousin along with me (he loves this stuff), but he is still a 17-yo high school student. The website is confusing - in the main page, it says "children below 16 years will not be permitted", but the admission policy mentions the cut-off as 18 years. I am in a dilemma - should I register or not? I don't want spend a bunch and not be admitted after going all the way.

Also, how strict are they in admission to the venue? The admission policy doc sounds very strict even otherwise and might not let me in as well: :(

Visitor Profile :
All visitors should be engaged in bona fide areas of the defence industry, government, the armed forces, defence public sector units, para-military, police, government, defence related equipment procurement or service provider organisations, defence contractors and suppliers, specifiers, operators/end-users, defence media, defence colleges, defence training and research establishments.

https://defexpoindia.in/ADMISSION%20POLICY.pdf

Aero India was very chilled out when I went last year - they didn't ask why I was there, etc. Hopefully it's the same here too - did anyone here attend the previous event in Goa?

Lastly, the date changes for the naval display is a bummer, messing up my plans completely. I'll get only a moth-eaten Thu for the exhibition now, and even that's not too certain going by the above. Sigh. GoI never fails to live up to its expectations.


Admission is free for Saturday when it is open to public. Govt ID is mandatory though.

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2982
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby arshyam » 09 Apr 2018 23:08

Half of Chennai will be there on Saturday, best avoided...

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 09 Apr 2018 23:16

arshyam wrote:I am thinking of taking my cousin along with me (he loves this stuff), but he is still a 17-yo high school student. The website is confusing - in the main page, it says "children below 16 years will not be permitted", but the admission policy mentions the cut-off as 18 years. I am in a dilemma - should I register or not? I don't want spend a bunch and not be admitted after going all the way.

Also, how strict are they in admission to the venue? The admission policy doc sounds very strict even otherwise and might not let me in as well: :(

Visitor Profile :
All visitors should be engaged in bona fide areas of the defence industry, government, the armed forces, defence public sector units, para-military, police, government, defence related equipment procurement or service provider organisations, defence contractors and suppliers, specifiers, operators/end-users, defence media, defence colleges, defence training and research establishments.

https://defexpoindia.in/ADMISSION%20POLICY.pdf

Aero India was very chilled out when I went last year - they didn't ask why I was there, etc. Hopefully it's the same here too - did anyone here attend the previous event in Goa?

Lastly, the date changes for the naval display is a bummer, messing up my plans completely. I'll get only a moth-eaten Thu for the exhibition now, and even that's not too certain going by the above. Sigh. GoI never fails to live up to its expectations.


If you register as business visitor it is asking for your date of birth, if you complet through that i dont think you will have any problem at the venue. The following link has contact details if you want to clarify first https://defexpoindia.in/Contact.aspx

go ahead and fill up the registeration form and see what happens because submiting the registeration leeds to terms and condition page before payment page

Bob V
BRFite
Posts: 387
Joined: 26 Jul 2009 04:29
Location: Out at the sea
Contact:

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Bob V » 10 Apr 2018 00:44

Yep. Shouldn't be a problem registering for a Business Pass, even if you are not connected to the industry. I had mailed the organizer earlier, regarding the same & they gave the go-ahead.

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2982
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby arshyam » 10 Apr 2018 07:15

Thanks for your suggestions, Kakarat and Bob saars. The website's info page didn't complain when I entered my cousin's DoB, let's see how it goes.

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 10 Apr 2018 10:54

Can we have a BR meet at Defexpo on 11th or 14th?

All those wanting answers from the expo please post your questions by today evening since I will be visiting tomorrow

ashmaharaj
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 15
Joined: 30 Oct 2005 12:19
Location: chennai
Contact:

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby ashmaharaj » 10 Apr 2018 11:26

@Kakarat I am planning to visit on the 11th . I am yet to get my pass. Planning to visit the BEL office at Guindy to get the pass. Can you pm your mobile number so that we can coordinate

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 10 Apr 2018 11:30

arshyam wrote:Thanks for your suggestions, Kakarat and Bob saars. The website's info page didn't complain when I entered my cousin's DoB, let's see how it goes.


Can you please send me your visit plan by email to kakarat2001atgmail I am trying for a BR meet at Defexpo

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 10 Apr 2018 11:31

ashmaharaj wrote:@Kakarat I am planning to visit on the 11th . I am yet to get my pass. Planning to visit the BEL office at Guindy to get the pass. Can you pm your mobile number so that we can coordinate


Please mail me at kakarat2001atgmail

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 10 Apr 2018 13:39

1536X1024 wallpaper version of Arjun MkII
https://twitter.com/kakarat2001/status/ ... 1752042502

Image
Actual image in the link above

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23133
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby SSridhar » 10 Apr 2018 14:08

Bob V wrote:
Prasad wrote:Anyone going from adyar, mylapore side? Sridhar saar? No vandi :(


I'm closer to you but don't have a vehicle too. Will have to take a taxi, all the way.

I am going on the 13th. Can pick you two on that day. Send me mail .
Added later: You also have PM.

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 10 Apr 2018 14:31

SSridhar wrote:
Bob V wrote:
I'm closer to you but don't have a vehicle too. Will have to take a taxi, all the way.

I am going on the 13th. Can pick you two on that day. Send me mail raptorss AT GM. . L


I am visiting the ships on 13th, its unfortunate I might not be able to meet you.
Will try to retun back to the venue if possible after the ship visit and if possible meet you outside the venue

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23133
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby SSridhar » 10 Apr 2018 14:40

Kakarat wrote:I am visiting the ships on 13th, its unfortunate I might not be able to meet you.
Will try to retun back to the venue if possible after the ship visit and if possible meet you outside the venue

Kakarat, the ship visit will possible take the whole day. I understand that visitors are being taken in batches from the Island Ground.

Anyway, I have sent you a PM.

Prasad
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6976
Joined: 16 Nov 2007 00:53
Location: Chennai

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Prasad » 10 Apr 2018 14:41

Mailed.

Bob V
BRFite
Posts: 387
Joined: 26 Jul 2009 04:29
Location: Out at the sea
Contact:

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Bob V » 10 Apr 2018 15:54

Thanks Sridhar saar for the kind offer. But my plan is 11th - Expo, 13th - Port & 14th - Expo. I'll be going to the Port early, on that day. If I hopefully get picked up among the first few batch of visitors, then I should be able to wind up the visit by 1pm. Post that I will try to visit the Expo, to link up with you guys.

naruto
BRFite
Posts: 104
Joined: 23 Aug 2016 08:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby naruto » 10 Apr 2018 17:56

Guys, for the ships visit, where should one go? The chennai port (gate no ?) or Island ground ?

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2982
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby arshyam » 10 Apr 2018 19:56

Kakarat wrote:
arshyam wrote:Thanks for your suggestions, Kakarat and Bob saars. The website's info page didn't complain when I entered my cousin's DoB, let's see how it goes.


Can you please send me your visit plan by email to kakarat2001atgmail I am trying for a BR meet at Defexpo

Done saar. My plan is straightforward: visit the expo on the 12th (I know, only afternoon is available), and the ships on the 13th. Same as Bob saar, I plan to be there as early as possible so I can wind up and perhaps visit the expo again on Friday afternoon.

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2982
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby arshyam » 10 Apr 2018 20:01

SSridhar wrote:
Kakarat wrote:I am visiting the ships on 13th, its unfortunate I might not be able to meet you.
Will try to retun back to the venue if possible after the ship visit and if possible meet you outside the venue

Kakarat, the ship visit will possible take the whole day. I understand that visitors are being taken in batches from the Island Ground.

Anyway, I have sent you a PM.

Sridhar sir, do you know where on the island grounds - Munro statue or Flagstaff road? I was thinking of going to the port trust gate near the War memorial and start from there. It's also the entrance closest to INS Adyar and space to form a waiting line. It's only a guess, though.

Kakarat
BRFite
Posts: 1462
Joined: 26 Jan 2005 13:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Kakarat » 10 Apr 2018 22:45

I think many of us are visiting the ships on 13th so why not have a BR meet at the ship itself?

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23133
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby SSridhar » 11 Apr 2018 07:02

Kakarat wrote:I think many of us are visiting the ships on 13th so why not have a BR meet at the ship itself?

I think you should have.

Unfortunately, because of personal reasons, I had to plan for 13th to visit DefExpo.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 23133
Joined: 05 May 2001 11:31
Location: Chennai

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby SSridhar » 11 Apr 2018 07:08

arshyam wrote: Munro statue or Flagstaff road? I was thinking of going to the port trust gate near the War memorial and start from there. It's also the entrance closest to INS Adyar and space to form a waiting line. It's only a guess, though.

I am not exactly aware of from where. But, I would rule out Monroe Statue entrance. That is on the other side and too far away. I would believe that it would be from near the Napier Bridge/War Memorial area, because that would be closest to INS Adyar and through it to the Port. There
may be shuttle bus service from Island grounds up to INS Adyar gates because they are still a Km or more away from beach road.

Bob V
BRFite
Posts: 387
Joined: 26 Jul 2009 04:29
Location: Out at the sea
Contact:

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Bob V » 11 Apr 2018 07:37

Alright folks. On the way to the expo venue. Send in your questions, if you want anything to be asked around.

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2069
Joined: 31 Mar 2009 00:10

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Prem Kumar » 11 Apr 2018 10:34

Kakarat wrote:I think many of us are visiting the ships on 13th so why not have a BR meet at the ship itself?


Am game. Will try to make it.

Is there an age limit? Also, what's the location to see the ships?

dinesha
BRFite
Posts: 1059
Joined: 01 Aug 2004 11:42
Location: Delhi

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby dinesha » 11 Apr 2018 12:59

Kakarat wrote:1536X1024 wallpaper version of Arjun MkII
https://twitter.com/kakarat2001/status/ ... 1752042502

Image
Actual image in the link above


Sorry to say but the watermark s too prominent and spoils the image..

Indranil
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6980
Joined: 02 Apr 2010 01:21

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby Indranil » 11 Apr 2018 14:00

I think he has said it a few time now. BR members can contact him and get unwatermarked copies. He is doing this for Twitteratti, and I agree.

naruto
BRFite
Posts: 104
Joined: 23 Aug 2016 08:59

Re: DefExpo 2018 Chennai

Postby naruto » 11 Apr 2018 15:35



Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brar_w, Rakesh, souravB and 35 guests