Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 9261
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Rakesh » 17 May 2020 21:46

ashishvikas wrote:Removing Some Media Fallacies About The Capabilities of The LCA Tejas Fighter

By Indranil Roy

http://delhidefencereview.com/2020/05/1 ... s-fighter/

Excellent job by IR. Adding on Page 1 of this thread.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 9261
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Rakesh » 17 May 2020 21:53

IR, I saw this at the end of your article....who said this?

These uninformed attacks on the Tejas are nothing new. In fact, it is to be expected. The day before its first flight, the then defence minister, George Fernandes got a letter stating:

Please do not allow the first flight of the Light Combat Aircraft to take place. The aircraft has not been developed with adequate rigour, and safety aspects have not been fully looked into. It would be a catastrophe if you allow it to fly.”

nam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3685
Joined: 05 Jan 2017 20:48

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby nam » 17 May 2020 22:03

It was a letter from Lockheed Martin. They wanted to sell us F16 and still trying.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8504
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Mort Walker » 17 May 2020 22:04

Rakesh wrote:IR, I saw this at the end of your article....who said this?

These uninformed attacks on the Tejas are nothing new. In fact, it is to be expected. The day before its first flight, the then defence minister, George Fernandes got a letter stating:

Please do not allow the first flight of the Light Combat Aircraft to take place. The aircraft has not been developed with adequate rigour, and safety aspects have not been fully looked into. It would be a catastrophe if you allow it to fly.”


Maybe Philip?

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8504
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Mort Walker » 17 May 2020 22:05

The Mk1A order should immediately be bumped up to 180 to be delivered within 3 years.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 9261
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Rakesh » 17 May 2020 22:42

nam wrote:It was a letter from Lockheed Martin. They wanted to sell us F16 and still trying.

Aah Ok. Not surprising.

Mort Walker wrote:
Rakesh wrote:IR, I saw this at the end of your article....who said this?
Maybe Philip?

:)

Indranil
Forum Moderator
Posts: 8172
Joined: 02 Apr 2010 01:21

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Indranil » 17 May 2020 22:43

I like DDR because of our alignment on defense production.

Please spread the word through your social media handles. This is the least we can do for Tejas!

sankum
BRFite
Posts: 847
Joined: 20 Dec 2004 21:45

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby sankum » 17 May 2020 22:46

Rakesh correction in Page 1 Tejas mk1 specifications from excellent indranil article.
MTOW - 14100 kg instead of 13500 kg
Clean TOW- 9800 Kg
Payload- 4300 kg
Airframe life- 9000 hours

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 9261
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Rakesh » 17 May 2020 22:50

Sankum you rock! Page 1 updated and given you acknowledgement as well.

Noob Pooch ---> If Empty Weight is 7,040 kg and Take-Off Clean Weight is 9,800 kg...the maximum internal fuel carried will be 2,760 kg? Right now page 1 says maximum internal fuel is 2,400 kg.

Please advise.

sankum
BRFite
Posts: 847
Joined: 20 Dec 2004 21:45

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby sankum » 17 May 2020 23:16

Noob Pooch ---> If Empty Weight is 7,040 kg and Take-Off Clean Weight is 9,800 kg...the maximum internal fuel carried will be 2,760 kg? Right now page 1 says maximum internal fuel is 2,400 kg.

Please advise

Roughly 6500kg empty + 2500 kg internal fuel+ 300kg 2 CCM with launchers and + 500kg misc( 100kg Pilot + 300kg pylons +100kg cannon ammo,chaff flare).= 9800kg Clean TOW.


The empty weight is 6560kg according to Tejas website link given in Page 1.
The Tejas website link gives the max engine thrust as 9163kg i.e 89.8 kn instead of 84 kn given in Page 1.
Internal fuel is 2458kg (DRDO Tech focus Aero India 2011)
Dry Engine thrust 53.9 kn.

Please update accordingly.
Last edited by sankum on 18 May 2020 00:14, edited 10 times in total.

Ashokk
BRFite
Posts: 623
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Ashokk » 17 May 2020 23:26

Mort Walker wrote:
Rakesh wrote:IR, I saw this at the end of your article....who said this?



Maybe Philip?
:rotfl:

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3508
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby ArjunPandit » 17 May 2020 23:39

Indranil wrote:I like DDR because of our alignment on defense production.

Please spread the word through your social media handles. This is the least we can do for Tejas!

IR as always it is a delight to read your articles ...shared..

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3508
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 06:37

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby ArjunPandit » 17 May 2020 23:40

Ashokk wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:
Maybe Philip?
:rotfl:

why incorrect personal sniping....he's a gentleman and only supports natasha reminds me of agent romanov in avengers

srai
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4699
Joined: 23 Oct 2001 11:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby srai » 18 May 2020 04:27

sankum wrote:Rakesh correction in Page 1 Tejas mk1 specifications from excellent indranil article.
MTOW - 14100 kg instead of 13500 kg
Clean TOW- 9800 Kg
Payload- 4300 kg
Airframe life- 9000 hours

Wiki page too: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas

dkhare
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 59
Joined: 10 Feb 2009 03:30

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby dkhare » 18 May 2020 09:54

Excellent article Indranil! Please write more articles more often...time permitting.

Vivek K
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2329
Joined: 15 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Vivek K » 18 May 2020 09:56

Great rebuttal of Times of Islamabad IR. Can we have TOI publish this?

Cain Marko
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4436
Joined: 26 Jun 2005 10:26

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Cain Marko » 18 May 2020 10:28

Rakesh wrote:
ashishvikas wrote:Removing Some Media Fallacies About The Capabilities of The LCA Tejas Fighter

By Indranil Roy

http://delhidefencereview.com/2020/05/1 ... s-fighter/

Excellent job by IR. Adding on Page 1 of this thread.

Superb rebuttal Indranil. Any way to get this article or it's salient points into the hands of more mainstream outlets? Wasn't Vishnu Som once a regular here?

Roop
BRFite
Posts: 349
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Roop » 18 May 2020 10:51

nam wrote:It was a letter from Lockheed Martin. They wanted to sell us F16 and still trying.


Yes, I remember the incident well, in fact it (the letter) was widely discussed/criticised on this forum in the early years of the millennium (i.e. following Tejas early flights).

srai
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4699
Joined: 23 Oct 2001 11:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby srai » 18 May 2020 16:40

Cain Marko wrote:
Rakesh wrote:Excellent job by IR. Adding on Page 1 of this thread.

Superb rebuttal Indranil. Any way to get this article or it's salient points into the hands of more mainstream outlets? Wasn't Vishnu Som once a regular here?

To stop DDM, you have to target the writers and their articles. Anyone who keeps regurgitating falsehood needs to be bombarded with corrections: emails to writer and editorial boards; comments refuting the points in the articles; calling them out on social media (Twitter/Facebook); updating public sites like Wiki; translations to other languages than English; summary of talking points in layman terms made available to amicable defense journalists and outlets; making it known to officials in DRDO, HAL, MoD, etc. to give them an opportunity to counter; and so on ...

VickyAvinash
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 35
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 07:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby VickyAvinash » 18 May 2020 18:40

Indranil wrote:I like DDR because of our alignment on defense production.

Please spread the word through your social media handles. This is the least we can do for Tejas!


Done

abhik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2915
Joined: 02 Feb 2009 17:42

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby abhik » 18 May 2020 18:49

nam wrote:It was a letter from Lockheed Martin. They wanted to sell us F16 and still trying.

Was it really from LM - this was while the sanctions were on and don't think US firms had much pull?
Although I do remember a certain Suresh Kalmadi doing something similar.

basant
BRFite
Posts: 285
Joined: 20 Mar 2020 20:58

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby basant » 18 May 2020 19:01

Thanks for the wonderful rebuttal IR. I am confused about ferry range mentioned in the article and the one in 2019. The latter gives ferry range as 1750km while the former, in context of endurance, mentions 2800km. Can you clarify please?

Edit: To me it looks like comparison of internal fuel only vs w/ external fuel.
Last edited by basant on 18 May 2020 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

nam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3685
Joined: 05 Jan 2017 20:48

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby nam » 18 May 2020 19:10

abhik wrote:
nam wrote:It was a letter from Lockheed Martin. They wanted to sell us F16 and still trying.

Was it really from LM - this was while the sanctions were on and don't think US firms had much pull?
Although I do remember a certain Suresh Kalmadi doing something similar.


Told by George Fernades himself.

Thanks to Mushy's Kargil adventure, leading to Clinton's visit in 2000 and India becoming a outsourcing center for US companies, LM knew with time and enough lobbying sanctions will be reduced.

How many times do you see US presidents visiting US sanctioned countries?

LM wanted to get the pie, before it flew...

dinesha
BRFite
Posts: 1165
Joined: 01 Aug 2004 11:42
Location: Delhi

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby dinesha » 18 May 2020 19:39

X-post
IAF to acquire 450 fighter aircraft in future, says Air Force Chief RKS Bhadauria
https://www.timesnownews.com/india/arti ... ria/593673
New Delhi: In the future, the Indian Air Force is planning to acquire 450 fighter aircraft for deployment on the northern and western frontiers of the country, Air Force Chief RKS Bhadauria said on Monday.

The list of aircraft planned to be inducted by the Air Force include 36 Rafales, 114 Multirole Fighter Aircraft, 100 Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) and over 200 variants of the Light Combat Aircraft.

dinesha
BRFite
Posts: 1165
Joined: 01 Aug 2004 11:42
Location: Delhi

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby dinesha » 18 May 2020 19:43

Rs 47,000 crore LCA fighter aircraft projects to be finalised in next few months: IAF Chief
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 802787.cms
Speaking to ANI, the Air Force Chief said the force is also expecting to finalise a contract worth around Rs 39,000 crore for 83 LCA Mark 1A Aircraft in the next Quarter.

Vivek K
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2329
Joined: 15 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Vivek K » 18 May 2020 21:47

When will the news be in the "past tense"? Doesn't do me any good to read about future prospects.

Indranil
Forum Moderator
Posts: 8172
Joined: 02 Apr 2010 01:21

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Indranil » 18 May 2020 22:31

basant wrote:Thanks for the wonderful rebuttal IR. I am confused about ferry range mentioned in the article and the one in 2019. The latter gives ferry range as 1750km while the former, in context of endurance, mentions 2800km. Can you clarify please?

Edit: To me it looks like comparison of internal fuel only vs w/ external fuel.

No. Those are ferry ranges. But, we made a typographic error in reporting there. It was supposed to be 2750 kms.

The ferry range of LCA is around that much. ADA and HAL don't care to find brochure numbers. That's the problem. If it were SAAB, they would have a flight out to see on a good day and find out how long they can keep it in the air under the most favorable conditions. I am not blaming SAAB here. I am blaming HAL/ADA. They don't need to fight the LMs of the world in global competitions to export Tejas. They don't find the need to do these kind of number generations. Those who suggest such things are looked down at.

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8504
Joined: 31 May 2004 11:31
Location: The rings around Uranus.

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Mort Walker » 18 May 2020 22:35

Vivek K wrote:When will the news be in the "past tense"? Doesn't do me any good to read about future prospects.


Very true. The 83 MK1A should have been part of the fiscal stimulus package as it will add vast skilled employment in the country. The funds originally allocated could be used for another 83.

nachiket
Forum Moderator
Posts: 7740
Joined: 02 Dec 2008 10:49

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby nachiket » 18 May 2020 22:42

Indranil wrote:The ferry range of LCA is around that much. ADA and HAL don't care to find brochure numbers. That's the problem. If it were SAAB, they would have a flight out to see on a good day and find out how long they can keep it in the air under the most favorable conditions. I am not blaming SAAB here. I am blaming HAL/ADA. They don't need to fight the LMs of the world in global competitions to export Tejas. They don't find the need to do these kind of number generations. Those who suggest such things are looked down at.

But do they not get bothered by the ridiculous claims made in the media in paid articles meant to discredit the entire program? Claims which bother people like you and Jay enough to write your own articles factually debunking the nonsense. And the people who built the actual thing don't care? This just boggles my mind. Surely they can see the threat here? The number of orders the Tejas will get directly depends on who is convinced about Tejas capability and how well. HVT sir is constantly dealing with idiots on twitter. He for one knows very well the kind of impact this misinformation has not only on the general public but also on decision makers. We had people from the IAF deriding it not long back and things have only improved thanks to the current and perhaps previous ACM. You would think having the aircraft's true performance out in public would be a high priority task.

And even forgetting about the orders and global competition or lack thereof, they do take pride in their work I am sure. Why would you let two bit journalists lie and discredit your work? The heads of the ADA and HAL should call a press conference and public call out the journalists for spreading fake news. Or do it on twitter at least.

VinodTK
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2355
Joined: 18 Jun 2000 11:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby VinodTK » 18 May 2020 22:51

nachiket wrote:But do they not get bothered by the ridiculous claims made in the media in paid articles meant to discredit the entire program? Claims which bother people like you and Jay enough to write your own articles factually debunking the nonsense. And the people who built the actual thing don't care? This just boggles my mind. Surely they can see the threat here? The number of orders the Tejas will get directly depends on who is convinced about Tejas capability and how well.

People who work and manage such projects should have pride in what they do.
When they view their work as purely a source of livelyhood then we will see what we are seeing.

Vivek K
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2329
Joined: 15 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Vivek K » 18 May 2020 22:52

Agree with Nachiket! Head of DRDO should have a press conference and point out lies put out by specific journalists. In fact CBI should issue show cause notices to these journalists for their defamatory articles" and check if the journos have accepted bribes or other inducements from foreign entities. Should also check if FERA (or its current Avatar) violations have been committed by these individuals.

Kartik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5280
Joined: 04 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Kartik » 18 May 2020 23:08

Indranil wrote:
basant wrote:Thanks for the wonderful rebuttal IR. I am confused about ferry range mentioned in the article and the one in 2019. The latter gives ferry range as 1750km while the former, in context of endurance, mentions 2800km. Can you clarify please?

Edit: To me it looks like comparison of internal fuel only vs w/ external fuel.

No. Those are ferry ranges. But, we made a typographic error in reporting there. It was supposed to be 2750 kms.

The ferry range of LCA is around that much. ADA and HAL don't care to find brochure numbers. That's the problem. If it were SAAB, they would have a flight out to see on a good day and find out how long they can keep it in the air under the most favorable conditions. I am not blaming SAAB here. I am blaming HAL/ADA. They don't need to fight the LMs of the world in global competitions to export Tejas. They don't find the need to do these kind of number generations. Those who suggest such things are looked down at.


This outdated mentality at ADA/HAL had better change fast. In some ways they're stuck in a time warp. the PSU mentality of not being worried about marketing due to a captive customer won't work with exports one bit.

Indranil
Forum Moderator
Posts: 8172
Joined: 02 Apr 2010 01:21

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Indranil » 18 May 2020 23:21

They are still very old school. We will let the product speak for itself. I know a few people in ADA are trying to fight for more marketing/disinformation. But right now it is falling on deaf ears. ADA is a lad full of brilliant scientist and engineers.

suryag
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3676
Joined: 11 Jan 2009 00:14

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby suryag » 18 May 2020 23:25

I dont know if this is endemic to our culture/religion we are too much into self effacement and "kaam bolta hai" attitude. No one is asking them to be a dick but alteast be confident and remember that the customer needs to know what he is buying so you need some amount of advertising.

Kartik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5280
Joined: 04 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Kartik » 19 May 2020 00:35

Perhaps the only way is to set up a new agency dedicated for exports in a GoI owned company. Somewhat similar to Antrix for ISRO, which is the marketing and commercial arm of ISRO and is dedicated towards marketing launch capability aboard ISRO rockets.

"The product will speak for itself" attitude will only work on our Armed Forces. Exports are very tricky and require real sales and marketing skills. Hardly likely in a PSU that hasn't had an export oriented focus ever. Otherwise, Modiji's exports target will remain a pipe dream.

Shameek
BRFite
Posts: 816
Joined: 02 Jan 2009 20:44
Location: Ionosphere

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Shameek » 19 May 2020 00:50

I would say go one step ahead and make the Tejas a household name. Make every plastic airplane toy you buy at a store a Tejas replica. Every random image of a fighter plane on media should be Tejas. Sell T-Shirts and model kits. I remember many years back in school, kids who didn't have any interest military topics had still heard of an F-16. Toys were sold resembling F-16s. Heck, half our media used copied F-16 images for any fighter article. In the early 80's it was similar with the Tomcat and movies and GIJoe toys.

We have a great airplane here. It needs to be sold and glorified to our country first and then abroad!

Sanju
BRFite
Posts: 1179
Joined: 14 Aug 2005 01:00
Location: North of 49

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Sanju » 19 May 2020 01:08

IR, that was a well written rebuttal, even i could understand it. Kudos to you and thank you for putting your efforts in this direction. Speaks a lot about your knowledge, capability and good intentions.

Kartik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5280
Joined: 04 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Kartik » 19 May 2020 01:20

ashishvikas wrote:Removing Some Media Fallacies About The Capabilities of The LCA Tejas Fighter

By Indranil Roy

http://delhidefencereview.com/2020/05/1 ... s-fighter/


One of the most important new nuggets of information that IR provided in this article.


The truth is that the in-service fatigue life of the Tejas is yet to be ascertained. As per sources, an initial conservative estimate of 9000 flying hours has been arrived at. Each of the in-service Tejas units are fitted with a Health Up Monitoring System (HUMS) to measure airframe fatigue and come up with revised estimates for service life. By all indicators this estimation of 9000 hours is going to be revised upwards!



And this is considered to be conservative! Incredible really. I recall a conversation I had with a senior person that worked on structures at ADA long ago. He had said that in his estimate the Tejas would have a fatigue life well in excess of 4000 hours and he believed it would go up to 6000 hours. Now, this 9000 hours figure is staggering.

Really really hoping that ADA, NAL and HAL work on this and release a figure. It does wonders to the image of the airplane in the public's mind.

Rakesh
Forum Moderator
Posts: 9261
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 12:31
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Rakesh » 19 May 2020 03:24

sankum wrote:Roughly 6500kg empty + 2500 kg internal fuel+ 300kg 2 CCM with launchers and + 500kg misc( 100kg Pilot + 300kg pylons +100kg cannon ammo,chaff flare).= 9800kg Clean TOW.


The empty weight is 6560kg according to Tejas website link given in Page 1.
The Tejas website link gives the max engine thrust as 9163kg i.e 89.8 kn instead of 84 kn given in Page 1.
Internal fuel is 2458kg (DRDO Tech focus Aero India 2011)
Dry Engine thrust 53.9 kn.

Please update accordingly.

WOW! Thank you. Page 1 updated again.

Zynda
BRFite
Posts: 1903
Joined: 07 Jan 2006 00:37
Location: J4

Re: Tejas Mk.1 & Mk.1A: News & Discussions: 23 February 2019

Postby Zynda » 19 May 2020 03:56

IR, any idea if full-scale fatigue testing has been completed on Tejas? Last I heard (this was around a couple of years ago), that activity was still pending (lack of airframes? though I believe one airframe had been earmarked as an article for full-scale fatigue testing).


Return to “Military Issues & History Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher, Kakarat, mody and 56 guests