Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ranneel
BRFite

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by ranneel »

Ardeshir wrote:
ramana wrote:For those who think #Balakote strike did not happen!

https://twitter.com/rhinohistorian/stat ... 24704?s=19

Tweeter is retired AVM Arjun Subramanian
Saar, this is like Neil Degrasse Tyson debating Flat Earthers - no amount of evidence that the earth is not flat, will suffice for them. Same is the case with Bakis and our 'intellectuals'.
+72 ..or Richard Dawkins fighting the creationists.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Posted by a US officer doing the Indian Defence Services Staff College, Wellington in a whatsapp group there

Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

CRamS wrote:
Sumeet wrote:Guys please watch Modi ji's *entire* speech in India Today conclave. Lots of great points. Look at people's reactions to various parts of his speech and you will be relieved of the tension/high BP caused by seeing absolutely low behavior from certain folks on SM.
Don't mean to exaggerate or be emotional, but I must have done some good Karma in my past life to even witness that India would have such a giant leader.
CRS,

I am glad you liked this. I always feel worried when you feel down after reading something in NYT or NDTV and their likes.

Let's not be too much worried. We understand what is best for us. Plus there is a leader now who has shown the way for future generation of leaderships. All the under 40/35 India who is new India will remember this for a long time to come.

Also, keep in mind even when we would have scaled new peaks their will be people like them. Even today in US there are people who call America bigger terrorist than ISIS/Taliban/Al Qaeda but US does not care. Real strength comes from heart from strong resolve in it from clarity of thoughts and values. We need to focus on that.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The GoI/Forces should not give out any information whatsoever. But it would be a great opportunity for us armchair analysts to try figure things from open source. Maybe in a crazy moment, someone may even buy an image spending $$$.

There is only ONE satellite image (dated 27th) available in the open on the location as of now. This at DigitalGlobe. The Planet thing is actually old. The one available from DigitalGlobe is of low resolution, so can't make much out of it.

The Zoom earth etc show ostensibly recent images at wide zoom, and once you go finer zoom, you can see that the date range goes away and the image is pretty old.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sumeet wrote:
CRamS wrote:
Don't mean to exaggerate or be emotional, but I must have done some good Karma in my past life to even witness that India would have such a giant leader.
CRS,

I am glad you liked this. I always feel worried when you feel down after reading something in NYT or NDTV and their likes.

Let's not be too much worried. We understand what is best for us. Plus there is a leader now who has shown the way for future generation of leaderships. All the under 40/35 India who is new India will remember this for a long time to come.

Also, keep in mind even when we would have scaled new peaks their will be people like them. Even today in US there are people who call America bigger terrorist than ISIS/Taliban/Al Qaeda but US does not care. Real strength comes from heart from strong resolve in it from clarity of thoughts and values. We need to focus on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV7XMOnNSpc

Exclusive : PM Modi In Poll Mode, Blasts Opposition, Lists Govt's Achievements At IT Conclave 2019

Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Chetak that is exact video what i posted in the quote quoted by CRS.
TandavBrahmand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TandavBrahmand »

Dileep wrote:The GoI/Forces should not give out any information whatsoever. But it would be a great opportunity for us armchair analysts to try figure things from open source. Maybe in a crazy moment, someone may even buy an image spending $$$.
For anyone trying, the co-ordinates are - 34°25'58.2"N 73°19'28.1"E. If you have greater resolution site suggestions, please do let me know. I am interested in spending the effort required.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/34%C2 ... 73.3244722
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

TandavBrahmand wrote:
Dileep wrote:.
For anyone trying, the co-ordinates are - 34°25'58.2"N 73°19'28.1"E. If you have greater resolution site suggestions, please do let me know. I am interested in spending the effort required.

That is not the spot. Remember it is said to be a isolated hill top, this place is neither isolated nor a hill top
The most probable location would be 34.464066, 73.318492 or it could also be 34.482626, 73.294081
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Well, the place where the journos are taken to, the craters were shown, and the sign board with the stinky rat's name all happen here: 34°27'50.3"N 73°19'06.2"E. See the road going southerly, and you can see a number of buildings/shacks/goat sheds.

I was the first one to figure that location, but later lot of corroboration happened.
Last edited by Dileep on 03 Mar 2019 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The above details mentioned by Dileep is the probably the right location. Kagan Gali. I have posted the image in previous pages as well.

Seminary on the hill top. We jut need the latest imagery. But as I mentioned, Pak would taken the whole world to the seminary, if it was intact.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

chetak wrote:
YashG wrote:
:) Maybe. Just makes me happy if I can believe in my head that we did the damage. So as long as that article can be refuted/invalidated, I'm at peace. :D

one of the main reasons for the persistent demand for India to provide proof is that such proof would reveal closely guarded and the highly classified, secretive and hitherto unknown capabilities of our satellite imagery.

for some illiterates to go on requesting demanding such proof is tantamount to treachery.

no one gives a r@t$ as what anyone belives or even what makes them h@&&y.

the only pictures anyone will get is the grainy and undecipherable pictures that illiterate people are bandying about.

No one needs or will be provided with the kind of opsec details that some illiterate people are asking for, so why the hell do such people need it??

did some illiterate people expect any clear vision at night?? bombs are guided and so will make course corrections as required, irrespective of any "obscured vision" in their words.

The main point is that the strike took place and it was acknowledged by the pakis.

The dynamics between the two countries has changed.

After Gujarat, the aam abdul pakis feared the rise of Modi and now the generals are panic stricken in terms of their nuclear bluff being called.

International pressure is also on them to discard their jehadis and stop using terror against India.

This has put the cat among bajwa's jehadi pigeons. (pun intended)

IK niazi is off somewhere, as usual, and may well be sucking d!(k per his last wife's revelations.
@Chetak - Just to be clear I've not asked for proof anywhere in my posts.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Based the happening in the past week, I expected a air strike(atleast a empty hut) and we then waiting for Pak reaction. expected it to happen after 25th war memorial inauguration. Before that 25 was AI'19 and not on 24 night because the PM will be in public for inauguration and a very chance Pak might target him.

I expect Pak to react on LoC. That was right.

That turned out to be right. However what differ, I expected strike on Bhawalpur/Mudrike, not Balakot. Also I expected Pak to mount a proper strike, not throw and run off. I also thought we would then mount an air campaign to grid PAF down, without crossing LoC/IB.

Fundamentally neither of the country wanted things to escalate. So both played on the surface.

However we should have mounted an air campaign to hammer PAF. We should not have let them off the hook for LGB strike on IA HQ. Pak will give us another chance, however this might have given them an option to react without escalating. Wonder if we would reacted differently if WC Abhi was not in Pak custody. Don't know.

Another aspect which has not been tested is strikes on Pak Punjab positions like Mudrike/Bhawalpur. And missile strikes.

Unexplored scenarios. We might find this out later.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

nam wrote:The above details mentioned by Dileep is the probably the right location. Kagan Gali. I have posted the image in previous pages as well.

Seminary on the hill top. We jut need the latest imagery. But as I mentioned, Pak would taken the whole world to the seminary, if it was intact.
That would have been a good trap. Showing up the evidence of terrorist facility intact on your soil (if they could). Pakistan confirming that they have such infrastructure on their soil. They never accept that.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

If someone is thinking of spending on getting the latest imagery, I would politely advice not to do so and if you are so much interested and have that extra $$ to do it and want to do it so desperately then don't share it. If you share it is going to be all over the internet, do you think all these reporters, politicians and others who are demanding proof don't have access to these sites then why aren't they doing it?
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

TandavBrahmand wrote:
Dileep wrote:The GoI/Forces should not give out any information whatsoever. But it would be a great opportunity for us armchair analysts to try figure things from open source. Maybe in a crazy moment, someone may even buy an image spending $$$.

You can try planet.com, I had a API pro trial, but it expired sometime back in 2017.
jpremnath
BRFite

Post by jpremnath »

Isn't the satellite images taken by MicroSat of Indian cities available in ISRO website? Doesnt this give away its capabilities.? Even if we dont want our crown surveillance capabilities to be put on display, couldnt one in a resolution similar to those images be shown?...The images and videos of American strikes in Iraq and Afgh are usually available on net.
I have full faith in our Govt and IAF reports. But i believe we missed a trick in not showing the damage on the day MEA secretary announced it. This has let the pakis initiate a SM blitzkrieg and convince their aam abduls that our strikes were a failure. The paki establishment dont care what we think about them, it is their image in front of their aam abduls that they care about. If that gets damaged, their credibility in their supposed invincibility goes for a toss. This makes it difficult for them to suppress any murmurs about their loot of their treasury in the name of keeping invincible status.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

boys..i hear fighters again..the weather has cleared.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

multiple fighters
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by pralay »

OT but on teeter Iyervval has become magnet attracting bakis nominating him for nobel, oblivious to to his 87 point analysis.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

unconfimed Wa msg reporting death of Jaish head AM !! that he is v ill etc is to make his death look natural in due course.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

pralay wrote:OT but on teeter Iyervval has become magnet attracting bakis nominating him for nobel, oblivious to to his 87 point analysis.
Because those 87 points are way beyond their comprehension.
shettyp
BRFite -Trainee

Post by shettyp »

https://ipious.blogspot.com/2019/03/mas ... Ht9YUsHzaU

If the above is really true, then I got my wish of avenging the Mumbai attack and others through our hands.
Last edited by shettyp on 03 Mar 2019 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

rhytha wrote:
TandavBrahmand wrote:

You can try planet.com, I had a API pro trial, but it expired sometime back in 2017.
I tried to make an account, but it keeps giving me an error while creating account.
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

manjgu wrote:....
Don't put up operations intelligence pls!
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

this link has virus issues.... what operational intelligence...u can hear the sound all over north india. !!!!
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

even people on the other side can hear it.
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

manjgu wrote:even people on the other side can hear it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: alright then, probably nothing coz we won't strike during the day. Maybe just psychological warfare.
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

http://www.jantakareporter.com/india/fa ... sm/234579/
Don't mean to disrespect a veteran's widow, but I think we know why such articles are being published and who is behind this :evil:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

jpremnath wrote:Isn't the satellite images taken by MicroSat of Indian cities available in ISRO website? Doesnt this give away its capabilities.? Even if we dont want our crown surveillance capabilities to be put on display, couldnt one in a resolution similar to those images be shown?...The images and videos of American strikes in Iraq and Afgh are usually available on net.
I have full faith in our Govt and IAF reports. But i believe we missed a trick in not showing the damage on the day MEA secretary announced it. This has let the pakis initiate a SM blitzkrieg and convince their aam abduls that our strikes were a failure. The paki establishment dont care what we think about them, it is their image in front of their aam abduls that they care about. If that gets damaged, their credibility in their supposed invincibility goes for a toss. This makes it difficult for them to suppress any murmurs about their loot of their treasury in the name of keeping invincible status.
what's tickling you about the images?? and why??

The resolution of the imagery produced by our MIL Sats is very different.

Commercial imagery from any commercial sat is available for sale to anyone who can afford to buy it.

Let any paki or stupid Indian who wants to see it go and buy it.

Don't you think that our presstitutes and sold out journos and politicos do not know this??

By now, every aam abdul in pakilund knows exactly what has happened.

Do you imagine that all the "trainees" at the balakot resort would not have families who would not be anxiously asking after them??

The news would have spread like wildfire within a few hours after the strike, reaching the far corners of their pigsty country.

BTW, here is your answer

some porki paki was crying about damaged trees after the bombing

twitter
You mean to suggest Pakistan Airforce sent 20 jets inside India & bomb Brigade HQ in Rajouri to avenge Eco Terrorism ??

11:24 pm - 2 Mar 2019
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Prem Kumar wrote:A few observations:

1) Its a top-attack munition with pre-fed coordinates, imagery & other params like type of roof etc. The imagery from the top would've been supplied by our spy sats and fed into Spice for scene correlation matching. All this must've been done either long ago or in the days after Pulwama. I suspect its the former - i.e. the IAF already had targets pre-fed and ready to go.

2) I am pleasantly surprised by the level of sophistication. In our IT-vity land, we struggle pulling data from System A and pushing it into System B. Here we have Cartosat images fed into Spice!

3) Unkil must have given the silent nod. May have even known the coordinates. Spice uses GPS. So, if Unkil wanted, he could've shutdown GPS intermittently over Crapistan - but he didn't. This is all the more reason why we need IRNSS guided Garuda & Garuthma in 1000s at the earliest
How would imagery work in the middle of the night?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Through heavy clouds, too? But I think there must have been a nice set of IR signatures there for the next hour, hain? Plus heavy black smoke rising fast through the clouds?
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

manjgu wrote:unconfimed Wa msg reporting death of Jaish head AM !! that he is v ill etc is to make his death look natural in due course.
One narrative that’s emerging is he was reportedly injured but Pakistan didn’t treat him immediately but rather was busy moving him around in the ambulance to cover up. Reportedly this complicated his injuries and might passed away in Karachi.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

the video posted previously of how spice works is very informative. tells you exactly how it works at night, in poor weather and without GPS
no need to speculate
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shettyp wrote:https://ipious.blogspot.com/2019/03/mas ... Ht9YUsHzaU

If the above is really true, then I got my wish of avenging the Mumbai attack and others through our hands.

this is what IK Niazi must be feeling now

Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i initially posted a joke about MA needing dialysis, but now it is actually being claimed as such! how comes all of the top emirs seem to have kidney problems? and then need dialysis in a Pak Mil hospital?
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

Lalmohan wrote:i initially posted a joke about MA needing dialysis, but now it is actually being claimed as such! how comes all of the top emirs seem to have kidney problems? and then need dialysis in a Pak Mil hospital?
Too much booze with the hoors.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Years of tandoor grub with volatile coal residue, oily nihari , sugary suleimani chai with gujiya and hardly any veggies in diet is a good recipe for gastro and renal issues
Take a look at lahore or peshawar street food videos
Pretty much everything is the innards of some animal
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

Boss ...i.am BR AWACS on the ground ... treat me with respect :mrgreen:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

The other night when you all worked up, someone told me you might go the border yourself with a carl gustav in full enthu to take up the cudgels :mrgreen: