Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by Chinmayanand »

manjgu wrote:Boss ...i.am BR AWACS on the ground ... treat me with respect :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
harish_ch
BRFite -Trainee

Post by harish_ch »

https://mobile.twitter.com/saahilmengha ... 4533848064

CNN News18 reporting Massod's death news...

If true,this is a wonderful outcome...

Me on cloud 9 !!!
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

harish_ch wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/saahilmengha ... 4533848064

Me on cloud 9 !!!
Beat me on that ... oohoo
VikasM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VikasM »

Lalmohan wrote:i initially posted a joke about MA needing dialysis, but now it is actually being claimed as such! how comes all of the top emirs seem to have kidney problems? and then need dialysis in a Pak Mil hospital?
Not surprising. Puki Military sham courts have worlds highest conviction rate based on CONFESSION.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Haemodialysis means for 3 hrs a persons blood is alowly filered by a external machine. Docs can put any extra mirchi in that machine and none would know.
Also injections of some chemical must be given because kidneys produce a chemical that trigger the bone marrow to produce blood cells..which weak kidneys do not
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Me on cloud 9 !!!
Don’t fall for it, it might be paki psycops to wiggle away from escalation or UN resolution or some such.

Wait for official GOI announcement if any, don’t trust the ddmon this.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

If Pak accepts the death, we will go to town that he died of air strike.

If pak says he is not, then will be forced to show him. India will.push for sanctions in SC putting China in an uncomfortable position. Will nudge pak to tell everyone he is dead.

:rotfl:
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Even if it is planted by Pak does not matter, either ways they have handed us on a platter.

Need to beat the drum harder. If he is alive, India with ask for him to be handed over
harish_ch
BRFite -Trainee

Post by harish_ch »

nam wrote:Even if it is planted by Pak does not matter, either ways they have handed us on a platter.
Absolutely....Either way it is going to be a win for us
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

nam wrote:If Pak accepts the death, we will go to town that he died of air strike.

If pak says he is not, then will be forced to show him. India will.push for sanctions in SC putting China in an uncomfortable position. Will nudge pak to tell everyone he is dead.

:rotfl:
Could this be a Chanakyan strategy on our part?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

rhytha wrote:

Me on cloud 9 !!!
Don’t fall for it, it might be paki psycops to wiggle away from escalation or UN resolution or some such.

Wait for official GOI announcement if any, don’t trust the ddmon this.
Yes exactly.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Shows why today's armchair warriors stay behind the curve through failure to read more than Twits.
1) Masood Azhar was **NOT** the Chief Goat-Bu**er at Balakot. His brother was (same momma, different/many poppas). The one who is said to have come out and delivered the Intention to Strike All Of India. Main purpose of that was to claim that he did not get Hourized at Balakot. Maye it WAS his voice, maybe that of one of his many half-brothers.
2) Masood Azhar dying or not is totally irrelevant. In fact it just means that GOI is like a squirrel jumping at a nut - only to find the nut empty.
Now needs to prepare all-new-from-scratch Dossier etc etc. on another terrorist. Hope they do it for someone who is not over 70 this time, hain? You'd think GOI was going by Seniority like Indian Parliament. Think RaGa. (OK, oxy-moron)
If the Bro survived Balakot, the strike evidently missed wherever he was situated that night. Maybe the goat-shed. We need those sat-images!!

So now best strategy may be to put out a small reward and announce it, for the Bro.
jpremnath
BRFite

Post by jpremnath »

chetak wrote:
what's tickling you about the images?? and why??
Sir, the IAF clearly said they have the images and it is upto the govt to release it. Which meant they are ok with them being in public. I don’t need to see them. I trust my govt and armed forces. When I said we missed a trick by not showing the before after images during the MEA press meet, what I meant was we let the pakis use the opportunity to take over the whole narrative with enough time to circulate fake images of some trees being bombed.

You can’t expect every Indian to think like BRFites and do a threadbare analysis of the entire events like in this forum. The real world works a bit differently. From early days of elation and pride, I can sense a deflated feel among most in my friends, family and office circles. Much of it has to do with what happened in the following days. But it has come to such that they even start to feel we did indeed miss but it is ok as we crossed their border. Now I might be just thinking too much and probably the morale of the common folk is not really important in this current scenario.

I have 5 or 6 Pakis in my office and they are clearly pumped which is quite contrary to what many think here. Which is why I said the pakis managed to take an upper hand in the SM war. Their coordinated psy ops of convincing their aam abduls how their AF stood up and struck back at an enemy whose economy is 10 times their size and even downed one of our jet has succeeded to quite an extent. Our agencies’ total absence in this space means, it was left to the normal desh bhakts to counter a well-coordinated psychological warfare with random news and unverified scoops.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/rwac48/status/1101781821543645184
Lt Gen H S Panag(R) @rwac48

Three parachutes came down as per Pakistani villagers. One was Abhinandan. Two were from F16. One was hospitalised(allegedly Indian pilot) as Ghafoor said in his first Press Conf. The story adds up.
In reply some qtiya bakis asks
Hamid Ali Chatha @HamidAliChathaMar 2
Replying to @rwac48

Simply concocted for moral boosting.
To which
Mig 21 Shot F-16 @Rish_077 Mar 2

haven't you listened DGISPR's speech ???

where is the second pilot(of F-16) he was claiming to be in hospital ?
Lt Gen H S Panag(R) @rwac48 Mar 2

Their own pilot!
Exactly what we should have focused on instead of debris analysis which always going to be dicey. I had written about this before.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7698&start=1520#p2329768
pankajs wrote:I think Iyerval act too smart at time but is not "put India down" to gain brownie point with gora or to sound cool amongst the self delusional libs. He does make an occasional mistake but that can be overlooked. Happens to the best.

The mistake that some of our Indian friends on twitter made was to focus on proving an F-16 went down and getting bogged down. Instead they should have turned the table by focusing on the multiple ejections clearly recorded by the bakis and asked them what where they hiding while hammering home ISPR's change of story.

That would have had the same result but the bakis defending and Indians attacking (asking relentless questions) till the truth came out. Ultimately would have leads to the F-16 and the downed baki pilot.

Objective achieved but in a round about way. A matter of tactics.
Last edited by pankajs on 03 Mar 2019 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

UlanBatori wrote:Shows why today's armchair warriors stay behind the curve through failure to read more than Twits.
1) Masood Azhar was **NOT** the Chief Goat-Bu**er at Balakot. His brother was (same momma, different/many poppas). The one who is said to have come out and delivered the Intention to Strike All Of India. Main purpose of that was to claim that he did not get Hourized at Balakot. Maye it WAS his voice, maybe that of one of his many half-brothers.
2) Masood Azhar dying or not is totally irrelevant. In fact it just means that GOI is like a squirrel jumping at a nut - only to find the nut empty.
Now needs to prepare all-new-from-scratch Dossier etc etc. on another terrorist. Hope they do it for someone who is not over 70 this time, hain? You'd think GOI was going by Seniority like Indian Parliament. Think RaGa. (OK, oxy-moron)
If the Bro survived Balakot, the strike evidently missed wherever he was situated that night. Maybe the goat-shed. We need those sat-images!!

So now best strategy may be to put out a small reward and announce it, for the Bro.
With respect to your goats in distant Mongolia Sir, I do not think GOI is jumping like a squirrel. In fact, GOI has been cautious and limited in the way it has shared info, allowing imaginations to flourish. This has led to many tactically brilliant mistakes by the Paki Lovers and the officials of that country. They are digging their grave and GOI shall in the end pour concrete over it. Sat Imagery can wait. IMVHO, pls.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

If.. some crazy soul buys the satellite image and makes a scoop, he should be smart enough to sell it to the media first and make a nice profit, right? What is wrong in making a bit of moolah while serving jingoness hain jee?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Dileep, one COULD create that truth too, hain? An Exclusive Shot from Space (or a Russian/IAF MiG-25 pass), showing smoke plumes rising from 6 clustered strikes? Just wondering..
Consider: Pakistan cannot really prove that the Terrorist Training Facility Is Still Standing.
Nor that the Terrorist Training Facility Suffered Only Minor Damage.
Nor that the Crashed F-16 Pilots Are Still Alive
Nor that the F-16 Pilots Did not Crash - after crossing the LOC and lobbing American bombs at India
Nor that the F-16s never went anywhere NEAR the LOC, but sat on their thumbs "turning their Phyrr Kontrol Radar On and Off In Anger".

They need help in any/all those departments. Hope someone creates those realities to counter the present constructed realities.
Krita
BRFite

Post by Krita »

jpremnath wrote:
chetak wrote:
Sir, the IAF clearly said they have the images and it is upto the govt to release it. Which meant they are ok with them being in public. I don’t need to see them. I trust my govt and armed forces. When I said we missed a trick by not showing the before after images during the MEA press meet, what I meant was we let the pakis use the opportunity to take over the whole narrative with enough time to circulate fake images of some trees being bombed.

You can’t expect every Indian to think like BRFites and do a threadbare analysis of the entire events like in this forum. The real world works a bit differently. From early days of elation and pride, I can sense a deflated feel among most in my friends, family and office circles. Much of it has to do with what happened in the following days. But it has come to such that they even start to feel we did indeed miss but it is ok as we crossed their border. Now I might be just thinking too much and probably the morale of the common folk is not really important in this current scenario.

I have 5 or 6 Pakis in my office and they are clearly pumped which is quite contrary to what many think here. Which is why I said the pakis managed to take an upper hand in the SM war. Their coordinated psy ops of convincing their aam abduls how their AF stood up and struck back at an enemy whose economy is 10 times their size and even downed one of our jet has succeeded to quite an extent. Our agencies’ total absence in this space means, it was left to the normal desh bhakts to counter a well-coordinated psychological warfare with random news and unverified scoops.
Your friends are a cynical lot. First time it was demontization, Kerala floods, then Sabarimala and now Balakot. Everytime the argument starts with "my friends". It is very hard to convince the people who doesn't want to accept the truth.
Manjapittham piddchavrru....
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Me on cloud 9 !!!
I believe this is a tactical brilliance by pakis to take the heat away from the presence of masood azhar by announcing his death, albeit temporarily.

Once the heat dies down they will trott him out once again to show how the dirty hindoos have been fooled once again.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The idea of the strike is not to convince Pak's or the world. It is to convince our political class. It has taken us decades of pak terror thousand of dead Indians to even allow IAF to retaliate.

From now onwards every PM irrespective of the party in power will be held against what happened now.

If the Pak's don't believe it has happened, well good luck to them and try their terror tactics again.

We will be happy to send spices across.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Well, if he is dead, his remains should be handed over to India, we can then perform DNA tests to confirm. If pakis don't handover, then as far as we are concerned, he is still in pak.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Rahul M wrote:

Me on cloud 9 !!!
I believe this is a tactical brilliance by pakis to take the heat away from the presence of masood azhar by announcing his death, albeit temporarily.

Once the heat dies down they will trott him out once again to show how the dirty hindoos have been fooled once again.
How many times have Mulla Omar/ Baghdadi etc have died only to be resurrected after the heat is gone.

Jihadi organisations do not usually accept senior leader ship or emirs death easily unless the body is found, they need emirs name for finance and for recuirtment, this is all jihadi 101.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

jpremnath wrote:
chetak wrote:

whatever you say is irrelevant to the GoI.

1) evidence from India will force the pakis to try and change the narrative and maybe, do something very stupid, besides we would be foolishly revealing our satellite capabilities. So no provocation.

2) there is an equally jingoistic narrative on both sides and as long as it remains on SM, whose father what goes.

3) the important thing is that India responded to the phulwama attack by hitting the azar resort. pakis are not denying this and neither is India belaboring this point. It has the paki H&D hit very hard.

pakis in your office are your problem.

if you can't convince them, kill and bury them, or buy and show them satellite imagery if their opinion is so very important to you. Why do you even talk to these losers??

why do you think that the paki govt has officially not asked for evidence of the strike ??

Please end this futile discussion here.
Last edited by chetak on 03 Mar 2019 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
jpremnath
BRFite

Post by jpremnath »

chetak wrote:
Fair enough...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

jpremnath wrote:
chetak wrote:
Fair enough...
Don't feel bad. :)

I know very well where you are coming from.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

May be time 4 the same 4 this thread, lest the endless regurgitation and nanananana grow shriller as usual. Indians who think Air Strikes are a spectator sport should be send to Siachen for 6 months. Starting October 2, Gandhi Jayanti.
Indian soldiers and civilians are dying/ getting wounded every day in the border areas. Not even deemed "newsworthy" by most "Indians" who get "disappointed". Short word for them: scum.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

.. for a moment being the devils advocate... this is the best moment for Pakis to pick a fight ( if they can) , going forward the conventional disparity between India and Pakistan will increase exponentially. If Made in India and indigenous R&D come to full steam. though the modernisation suffered yet some critical deficiencies were made up by BJP but no real modernisation though the seeds have been laid for modernisation. If BJP keeps up the pace of things, the differential will increase exponentially. given the increasing size of economy , even if we dont increase GDP % the budgetary allocations will increase. If BJP can give a slight increase % to defense, the results could be spectacular.
Amol.d
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Amol.d »

Republic TV is just running an update that Masood Azhar was shifted from Pindi to 'Kothgani' a day before the strikes
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

UB Saar, the top GoatBuster at the madrassa was Yusuf Azhar, the half brother, cousin and brother in law* of Masood Azhar who got Spiced up. The one the sound byte came from is Ammar Azhar, another cousin and half brother.

*Reminds of the series of titles of British Feudals and modern ones like Vice President, Prime Minister, and Ruler.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Dileep wrote:If.. some crazy soul buys the satellite image and makes a scoop, he should be smart enough to sell it to the media first and make a nice profit, right? What is wrong in making a bit of moolah while serving jingoness hain jee?
In the media industry nobody looks at the credibility of the document. They only look at the credibility source peddling it. If it is an in-house correspondent then in 99% of the cases it is taken at face. If it is an outside source it is accepted if it is Arundhati or Kugelman type.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

nam wrote:But as I mentioned, Pak would taken the whole world to the seminary, if it was intact.
Well not really. If it were intact and showing signs of a dormitory for 300 males with no provision for bathing, and a firing range, and a swimming pool and obstacle courses, then the bigger question on people's minds is why does a seminary need all this paraphernalia.

I am not saying that it's not bombed out, just saying that even if it were not bombed out the Pakis have something to hide.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ On the demands for proof -- That India Today conclave speech by PM Modi -- a freely available youtube where one can listen to it for oneself, has nevertheless been turned into a controversy via a bit of mistranslation, and amplification in the press like The Telegraph. It doesn't matter that anyone competent in Hindi or with access to a trusted Hindi speaker can readily check for themselves what PM Modi actually said. Presenting an easily-for-oneself-verifiable thing does not make these people shut down.

One must understand that in a similar way, the demand for proof about Balakot damage, shot-down-F-16, etc., most often does not arise from some strong regard for the truth and objectivity. Imagine some proof is given, say synthetic aperture radar images. A lot of controversy can be nevertheless created - IAF counterfeited the images, IAF doctored some images, IAF is misinterpreting the SAR images per some Australian think-tank, SAR has higher resolution than what the IAF released - what are they hiding? etc., etc.

I do accept that most on BRF are interested in establishing the truth in the scientific sense of the truth. But rather than wringing one's hands about "the optics", "battle of perception" etc.,the useful thing to do is to watch the worms come out of the woodwork and keep a note of who all they are. We will know much better whom the information war is being fought against.

Here is an article about information warfare from the Director of Geopolitical Research at Command Eleven, which is an org. affiliated with @NatSecJeff's org.
https://www.globalvillagespace.com/insi ... n-warfare/
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Doesn’t look like Prime Minister Modi is going to let the Baki’s get away with that failed air strike. The hammer is coming down - as it should. It is only a matter of time.

https://twitter.com/chellaney/status/11 ... 54336?s=21

Pakistan’s terror-exporting military generals fear punitive Indian airstrikes to such an extent that national airspace remains closed to international overflights and domestic flights have been restricted to a narrow western corridor. The crisis is imposing mounting economic cost
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

Resident AWACS reporting fighter activity... multiple planes..
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

A_Gupta wrote: Here is an article about information warfare from the Director of Geopolitical Research at Command Eleven, which is an org. affiliated with @NatSecJeff's org.
https://www.globalvillagespace.com/insi ... n-warfare/
More confirmation that NatSecJeff is a Paki psyops handle that gullible Indians were taken in by, due to the non-Paki sounding name.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

i think India is looking at economic strangulation of Pakistan.. slow and steady ..python like... looks pakistan is gradually coming to a standstill...
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Intellectuals might want to have long discussions about if India should escalate or de-escalate or if it is Dharmic for India to do punitive strikes.

But to Aam Aadmi in the villages, they have had enough of this shit. Just look at this video embedded in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/toinoida/status/110 ... 64229?s=21

Body of CRPF constable Vinod Kumar, who was killed in an encounter with militants in Jammu & Kashmir on Friday, reaches his home in Niwari's Patla village
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

Modiji chaired a meeting of the National Security Council today evening. Foreign Secretary Gokhale was also present.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Somebody at Twitter asked to share this here

https://twitter.com/kk2everest/status/1 ... 59394?s=21

satellite image with 10cm resolution of balakot without cloud cover post strike available at

http://www.landinfo.com/satellite-imagery-search.htm