Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sudhan
BRFite

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by sudhan »

Aditya_V wrote:He states IAf is goign to show proof on Paki F-16 downed
Saar, he said IAF might show proof.. the agenda is still a guessing game.. I hope IAF gives proof of everything from Balakote to the couple of brahmos shoved up their empty nookular storage facilities.. :twisted: :mrgreen:
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

I hope they announce a new op. They have shown enough proof of the earlier ops...
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Nope, nothing new :(
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

sudhan wrote:Nope, nothing new :(

What was said/discussed?
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Raveen wrote:
sudhan wrote:Nope, nothing new :(

What was said/discussed?
Well, all that was shared with the journalists the day before was shown, the radar snapshots.. esp were interesting to see.. Please check out the Mig21 shoots down F-16 thread
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Aditya_V wrote:Baba Banaras on Twitter there was a CAP of M 2000 Jaguar and SU 30 today?
Hehe, babaji also claimed that 6 Jaguars were part of the CAP. If IAF is sending Jaguars for CAP missions, our bad days have truly come. :lol:

Babaji should be careful to not show his ignorance on defense matters. He is performing his job as a psyops warrior which will be undermined by such slips.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

nachiket wrote: Hehe, babaji also claimed that 6 Jaguars were part of the CAP. If IAF is sending Jaguars for CAP missions, our bad days have truly come. :lol:

Babaji should be careful to not show his ignorance on defense matters. He is performing his job as a psyops warrior which will be undermined by such slips.
nachiket, it could mean that the 6 jags are ready for a dash across the border this time, if pakis try to lug in the steampunk PGMs into the party. Maybe target Gafoora's F16 counting booth in some base? Last time it was purely an A2A play, but this time instant A2G retaliation might be part of the IAF plan, basically chase the paki strike package all the way back to where it came from using the A2A loaded Su30MKI/M2ks, with the Jags stopping at PAF bases, snipping daisies.

A good plan :D
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

nachiket wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:Baba Banaras on Twitter there was a CAP of M 2000 Jaguar and SU 30 today?
Hehe, babaji also claimed that 6 Jaguars were part of the CAP. If IAF is sending Jaguars for CAP missions, our bad days have truly come. :lol:

Babaji makes spelling / grammar mistakes almost every tweet but all of a sudden crafts a perfectly worded tweet. I think he deliberately makes mistakes to create doubts that he could be a fraud.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

^^^
Babaji has gone underground for last 18 hours....hope & pray all is well
अर्ध-सन्यासी (Half-Hermit)

18h
Coming few hours will decide whether I will be on Twitter or In the tomb.

Guys...I was here for a specific reason..
My task will be evaluated by the person/organization who is nearest to my heart

If I am not returning here..Please be remember your #FarmerFriend

#LongLiveIndia
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Lets not give too much importance to anonymous handles.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

Pakistan Premier: ‘No Use’ for Armed Militias Anymore
By Jeffrey Gettleman

April 9, 2019

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — His country nearly went to war with a neighboring enemy six and a half times its size. Militants lurk in religious schools and in the countryside.

And with inflation soaring and debt ballooning, his finance team is scrambling, desperate to secure a multibillion-dollar rescue package to avoid economic collapse.

But Imran Khan, Pakistan’s prime minister, is apparently feeling confident about his first eight months in office — so much so that he invited a group of foreign journalists for an informal, hourlong chat on Tuesday in Islamabad, the capital.

While he seemed subdued, with puffy circles under his eyes, Mr. Khan also sought to project resolve — particularly about ridding Pakistan of the militants it once tolerated.

“We have decided, for the future of our country — forget the outside pressure — we will not allow armed militias to operate anymore,’’ he said.

“The Pakistan Army created them,’’ he said, referring to the 1980s when Pakistan and the United States backed Muslim insurgents in Afghanistan against Soviet forces.

But, he added, “there is no use for these groups anymore.’’

<SNIP>
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

^^^
But Pakistan repeatedly assured everyone that there were no terrorists operating from Pakistan.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Anujan ji, hence the sneaky term "Armed Militias" instead of terrorists. But what constitutes an Armed Militia I wonder?

One could very well say that every wedding from Kraachi to Darra Adam Khel has an armed militia doing AK-Phyrr, (sometimes doing it ON surrounding abduls). Will the great khan ban all of them? :rotfl:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anujan ji, you are right. Musharraf has always accepted openly that LeT & JuD were doing jihad only outside Pakistan. So, it is our duty to eliminate these jihadists inside Pakistan itself so that they won't do it outside and sully the fair name of Terroristan. We have to now turn our attention to LeT/JuD and help Terroristan in its endeavours to eliminate 'armed militia' or 'non-state actors' or whatever.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

The Pakistan Army created them,’’ he said, referring to the 1980s when Pakistan and the United States backed Muslim insurgents in Afghanistan against Soviet forces.

Is Im the Dim angling for both the Nobel Prize and the Lamp Post prize at the same time???
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Seems like he had 2-3 lines of Coke before that meet. As is his usual.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

^^^^^^^^^^
IMO It's time to start the 'coup clock'.

I give it less than a month.

Probably a false-flag scenario: Some jihadi will get through all the security the PMO's office could muster (much of which will vanish in the last 30 seconds of the regime, only to return promptly after the follow-up blast or whatever instantly kills the assassin -- so no one to ask questions of).

Or maybe an incident in flight or otherwise in travel; something complicated and not immediately blamable on the generals.

There'll be a state of emergency for a brief period, then military rule as per usual. Stabilization funds will flow thereafter.

My wager: Within 30 days from now. (I know, I'm leaving a wide window, because I'm not "a betting man" usually.)

One other certainty, I'd bet on: If a war breaks-out now, there will be no way (politically tenable) to stop it before polling ENDS six-weeks from now. They know this, so I'd expect peace during the election cycle. Six weeks is a long time to spend in the meat grinder; and the four fathers are counting on those troops to protect their own behinds (both from Iran, and their own ummah). JMT
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Stage looks primed for another manthan

IM is appealing to western govts to make it clear no money will come if civilian rule is deposed
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Ravi Karumanchiri wrote:^^^^^^^^^^
IMO It's time to start the 'coup clock'.

I give it less than a month.

Probably a false-flag scenario: Some jihadi will get through all the security the PMO's office could muster (much of which will vanish in the last 30 seconds of the regime, only to return promptly after the follow-up blast or whatever instantly kills the assassin -- so no one to ask questions of).

Or maybe an incident in flight or otherwise in travel; something complicated and not immediately blamable on the generals.

There'll be a state of emergency for a brief period, then military rule as per usual. Stabilization funds will flow thereafter.

My wager: Within 30 days from now. (I know, I'm leaving a wide window, because I'm not "a betting man" usually.)
Highly doubt it

The jernails will not risk making him a martyr in the eyes of the awaam.

They will first systematically destroy the artificially created pedestal on which he stands and discredit him in every which way. And his Western connections and links will take some time to be neutralised.

Then and only then will he be halaaled

But even then it is highly unlikely.

Of course some paki jernails may show their usual strategic brilliance and do what you have said :)
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

I don't think a coup is in the offing. The economy is in Pakistan and if the TFTAs had any sense, they won't want to run the country.

Apparently all the TFTAs want is Nawaz sharif's stashed away booty for themselves and are intensely pursuing that.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

TSPA are in a cozy-comfy situation. Regardless of the economy, their funds are uninterrupted and uninterruptable. Dimmy (together with Ganja and Zardaari) gets the brickbats and the blame for the economic situation.

Why would they want to disrupt this arrangement?

Ofcourse, getting their Musharrafs laal at the LoC is there, but Baki awaam are both unaware and uncaring about it. Their ire is completely directed at the hukmaraan.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why would the Koop when they anyways are running the country and also getting all the accolades.
Immy will be around for 2-3 years till the country drowns in Financial crisis or a new event makes Paki important in the eyes of 4-fathers again, then it would be Jernail time.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Plus isn't there some US law automatically stopping (some kind of, not sure if it applied only to CSF) aid if the civilian govt is overthrown? Given their straitened circumstances, I don't think they'd risk any dollar inflow, however small.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Trump's already curtailed CSF and other aid to Bakistan. That's no longer a dampener on potential coup.

The reason is that the jarnails have nothing to gain and much to lose should they takeover.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Ravi Karumanchiri wrote:Pakistan Premier: ‘No Use’ for Armed Militias Anymore
By Jeffrey Gettleman

“We have decided, for the future of our country — forget the outside pressure — we will not allow armed militias to operate anymore,’’ he said.
<SNIP>
Interesting quote in there.

They came in bombed our trees
We went and bombed their stones.

and yet I promise from here onwards that I shall not operate armed militias to operate anymore and deconstruct them as they have no place going forward.
Now if he can only just elaborate if it was Pine Tree's Uncle or Daddy that whooped his ass and brought him into reality that militias have no place in Pakistan's future.

Pakistani is a shit hole society that is a kalank on the world map.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

If there is coup, it will happen AFTER the IMF money has come. They had no plan to return it anyways..
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

People need to see Operation Balakot beyond the bombing of targets in POK and Pakistan.

From bits and pieces of information available online, it is my considered opinion that GOI is using multiple means to increase the cost to Pakistan of creating terror in Indian.

Now, the COST has two aspects - (1) Monetary (2) Sociological

We're looking at first option here. Consider the news over last 2-months:

(1) Pakistan has been trying desperately to find out army's ongoing activities in general area of Sri Ganganagar and has ended-up loosing few drones in the process. Any guesses why?

Well, just look-up the map of the area. Anoopgarh-Sri Ganganagar-Abohar sector is important from mechanized warfare perspective. Opposite to it in Pakistan lies the area of Bahawalpur (in-depth)-Fort Abbas-Bahawalnagar. This area is prime tank country and hunting ground of 10 Corps and 2 Strike Corps.

Now, marry the above information about Indian Army Chief visiting mechanized formations in desert in north Rajasthan. 2+2 will tell you that India had ostensibly moved mechanized formations for 'exercise' into the area. And it seems Pakistan also had to take precautionary movement of assets.

Something similar also happened in South Gujarat area where a Pakistani drone was shot by IAF Spyder missile.

(2) All these talks of IAF fighters on patrol or flying close to international border. PAF cannot take chance and has to scramble assets. It also needs to maintain CAP over sensitive installations.

And we don't even know what games Indian Navy is playing in Arabian Sea and how this is keeping Pakistan Navy and its surveillance assets busy.

All these scrambles, CAP, mobilization will also eat into life of equipment and shoot-up the spare-part requirements. Pakistan is being forced to use up its OPEX and spare parts.

All this costs money.

By forcing Pakistan to be on tenterhooks and getting it to undertake counter movement, India has just increased the cost of terrorism to Pakistan.

As for India, well, we just agreed to by 464 T-90MS tanks from Russia for USD 1.93 billion! That's like buying tanks equivalent to 1.5 times an existing armored division of Indian Army. Note, not Pakistan Army because PA Armored Division is smaller than IA's armored division.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

^^
Good to see you back Mr Vats.
Good analysis as usual.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

nam wrote:If there is coup, it will happen AFTER the IMF money has come. They had no plan to return it anyways..
There is no way they can return it either.. Most of this will anyway go to service chinese debt, which will eventually become unsustainable..

they anyway have some leeway from the khan currently as they have their fist wrapped over the Telibunny nuts..

Im more concerned by their FM's statement about a upcoming 'staged' attack.. This could be squarely aimed at the election process..
vnms
BRFite

Post by vnms »

There will be no coup. What is need?

If you look at their standard narrative, they, as in the ispr mouth breathers, always lay the blame at the feet of the government. Be it diplomacy, finance etc.

If the army becomes in charge, whom do they blame for their woes. They need a scapegoat. They abosultely do not want the ownership of the mess.

Besides, what exactly are they missing by not being officially in charge of the country?
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

To summarize on Balakot porkies have lost
1. 200+ Jihadies
2. 1 F16, (others in other strikes)
3. 5-6 AMRAAMs
4. At least 2-3 Drones
5. belief that PAF will be able to defend, as they can't penetrate in india
6. Through ASAT that they can deliver nukes to India (operational BMD)
7. Their nukes, OK this is a fake news :twisted: :twisted:
Anything else that I missed?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

^^^ JF17 in a green on green incident
Unless it was a (JF17/J)-1
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Their most repeated line in public, whenever India threatened to hit back

- We are a nuclear powah!! (repeated many times with lot of finger waving and a stern gaze)
- Don't think we are hapless Myanmar!!

has been proven to be pindi chana gas..

In addition, they has lost a lot of uniformed jihadis, as a result of IA's aggressive posture across the border..

And if some chatter is taken to be half true.. they have lost some territory in POK as wily Indians quietly moved the LOC west by a few hundred meters
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rohit add
- FM removing the MFN and imposing 200% tariff on Paki goods.
- They need to find markets for about $2B goods.
- Ban on tomato and other exports
- DeMo has hit them hard as the fake currency was being used to deliver Gunga-Jamuni jiziya
SaiK has been tracking INR vs PKR rates.
Its now 1$ = 147 PKR. + 2 in black market.

Coup will happen only not what we are thinking.

Jihad-e-fistula has three groups not equal in number or power.
Careerists, mercantilists, and jihadists
Unlike what US was telling with SPD tamasha the nooks, ISI, and terrorists are with the last group.
The last group is running the TSP down.
So to save themselves the other two will have an internal purge/coup.

---
Ou problem is everyone forgets all they learn and let bias dominate.

Yes big nooks are taken back to KSA under massa custody.
Essentially the threat of Zia ul Haq that he will raze Bombay and Hyderabad is gone.
Or on Amritsar. Finis.

The gleam in the Brigadier's eye is now filled with a cataract.
NPA is Duplicity are frothing and can't do zilch.
Three SPICE on Balakot did the trick.
Some chotus are still there but not in large number.
They keep shifting in those colored lorries to avoid being truck-jacked by non-military assets.
This is what happened in February. All of the month.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

No Coup is likely to happen anytime soon. Jernails have become too smart now and neither is there a need when they actually wield absolute power without the responsibility of governance.

Besides Im the Dim is still popular. If he run foul of jernails, expect them to whip up law and order issues with assorted mullahs aligned to army and embarrass and sully his name before they bring up another puppet.

Soft coo is the preferred dish of the TFTA jernails.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Pak army will not need to take any assertive or overt action to do a coup. They just have to wait another 3-6 months when the full effect of the IMF mandated budget measures will be felt. The AOA baying abduls/ayeshas on the street will create the perfect condition for the jernails to do a soft coup.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Coup = Military overthrowing the civilians
Purge = Military disciplining their own gangs.

Coup wont happen for many reasons.
Purge can and will happen.

The recent Sialkot festivities were a purge of sorts.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Putting Im D Dim in PM chair was a coup in itself by their army.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

ANI tweeted this evening about the Army Commanders Conference discussing 'ongoing operations' at the border. Does not specify LoC or IB.
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1115946202657325057?s=09