Deans wrote:nam wrote:If the Chinese were serious getting in a fight with us, then they would have done two things:
1. Prepare PLAAF airbase first. They were digging up Ngari in May, after they figured out, this could escalate.
2. Invaded proper across our permanent position. In all the areas, PLA is either on LAC or in grey area. It has NOT crossed in to areas, which it never patrolled.. They are just about dipping their toe..
They don't seem to want o escalate it, but, cause enough trouble to get some concession from us. But this drama led to a serious threat of Indian invasion. Not to mention the firestorm our media created with everyone in the world believing that it was China which started this.
I believe PLA wanted freeze on all our infra build in return for leaving. With the clash, now there is no hope. PLA must have occupied tile Finger 4, but it add NO VALUE to the real objective: Freeze of infra build. Not to mention the trade boycott..
If PLA has to stop us, it has to use force. They know there is no guarantee of success, otherwise they would have done it earlier..
If China was serious about war they would have done the following:
- Improve the G-219 highway, which may not currently be able to withstand landslides or the weight of thousands of heavy vehicles.
- Position many thousands of workmen required to construct supply depots, barracks, fuel dumps, repair workshops, fuel and watch pipelines etc.
(which it took us decades to do).
- Actually construct all of the above. It would mean stockpiling a million tonnes of supplies.
- Position the thousands of trucks (and the fuel for them) required to transport both material and men near the LAC.
- Additional fuel, spares, hardened shelters and SAM's at ALL airbases in Tibet (not some joker on twitter saying S-400 has moved).
In the absence of all this, they can do a deployment which, in my opinion, has to be limited in numbers and duration.
That is what I am saying Deans sir.... They have started improving infra now...pillboxes where they had a track earlier in finger 8 and who knows what else they may be upto. The Galwan road was built in 7 days flat on a fast flowing river and the road is good enough to even have a limousine service!!!
Why are we giving them time to do that???
I understand things before mid-June were possibly what Chinese expected. But post the Galwan massacre, plans changed for everyone. Now they have a bit of SM backlash in the country which they have to deal with. They have the world looking to check whats going on at the Indo-Tibet border. They cannot any more seem like doing simple salami slicing. The next best thing would be to keep the stupid Indians indulged in talks of de-escalation, make the BIF's start screaming about local issues (Mrs.Vadra is currently declaring to UP govt that she is the grand daughter of IG. INC twitter feed is full of shradhanjali and Mr.RaGa last posted anything worthwhile about the border 3 days ago).
All this while, PLA and PLAAF (no updates on PLAN though I have tried to check) have been boosting to previously unseen levels on the border.