KL Dubey wrote:^^Assuming that is correct, it still does not prove the PLA is perched on Blacktop. IA probably scaled Blacktop from the other side facing Pangong Tso. The PLA post on the bump is probably surrounded by the IA. Further if IA is also sitting just below the bump then it has a direct view of the PLA post/camp at Moldo. It means that we are now claiming more of our territory (in other words, we have "intruded into the PLA's perception of the LAC").
Lets take a step back and review the fact available to us:
1. Who is claiming we took Black top in the first place? Officially of course the government has not specified which heights were taken. A few days after the events 29/30, with the fog cleared, we have credible journalists like Vishnu Som, Nitin Gokhale saying explicitly that we don't have it while others like Shiv Aroor are dancing around the question. Apart from journalists we have some (one?) retired officers claiming that we do in fact have it.
2. We have officially confirmed that we have only occupied the heights on our side, and all evidence points to both Black top and Helmet top being on the Chinese side of the LAC (including the leaked Indian military map of the area), and there is no indication there are any "differences of perception" in this area.
3. Any photos or sat images indicating that we are on Black top? Not as far a I know.
4. What are the openly available photos and sat images telling us? There was no significant PLA camps on the southern bank of Pangong before Aug-29/30. But after that we can clearly see:
(a) A large camp at the eastern base of Helmet top (on Chinese side)
(b) Paths going to Helmet top ridge line from the east
(c) Positions on the Helmet top ridge line
(d) Positions on the Point 5157 and ridge line - this is along the LAC (plus camps along the valley east of Helmet top)
(e) Positions at the Bump - also along the LAC
(f) Positions at Gurung Hill/table top, along with a support camp at the base at our side (clearly ours).
IMO it is most logical that (a)-(e) are PLA positions (the recent video makes it clear that they are on (e) "the bump").
5. We actually don't need to be at Black top or even at the Gurung hill to have line of sight on Moldo, the hills on our side of Spanggur gap provide already provide us that. But it would give us a view of some of the camps east of Moldo along the lake shore (this along with the our positions on the Kailash range east of Spanggur gap will provide a comprehensive view of their positions).
I'd love to be proven wrong but that cannot be on the basis of Baba baneras type character's word.