Its good to make plans that are possible and doable. When India has problems managing our own people, why do you think we should step in to manage the mess that is Pakistan? Let the Pakistani elite who created the mess in the first place own the mess! Our rather limited goal (for now) should be to have some kind of a lever on Pakistan's internal political, economic, even religious dynamic that actuates these attacks on India.
What is such a lever? One lever can be, everytime we are hit, somebodies properties/businesses/economic interests get a serious hit. Why should a Bajwa get to run his Papa John's in America peacefully? He can easily be made to suffer loss of his generational wealth. A Mumbai should cause a serious recession, food shortfalls, berozgari in Pakistan, and the elite should be made to own that mess. In the short term, they can say its the big bad India, but ultimately, the misery will bite. This is just one lever, there can be many others.
India-Pak relations should be like 'mowing the lawn' for 15-20 years, till they get it in their heads that they cant carry on like that.
There is a lot of economic leverage we can have - I've written a paper on the subject (GOI is taking baby steps in implementing some of them).
1. Do what we are allowed to under Indus water treaty. Help Afghanistan negotiate a similar treaty with Pak, to reduce water flowing into Pak.
2. A small export incentive for cotton textiles and basmati rice (half of all Pak exports). There are WTO compliant ways to do this.
Ban export of raw cotton and all other Agri products to Pak.
3. Companies bidding for, or supplying goods to POK, or doing business with a terrorist organisation like Pak's Fauji foundation, may be banned
from business in India, or (if they insist on operating in Pak) pay an additonal `security tax'.
4. GOI can subsidise Indian labour going to the Gulf (displacing Pakistanis). This can be something simple like Air fare on AI, medical insurance
and not charging a recruitment fee. Gulf labor is Pakistan's 2nd largest source of forex, after cotton textile exports. If recruitment for govt
companies in the Gulf is handled by GOI, they can target labor from poorer states, rather than traditional manpower suppliers like Kerala.
5. Expats who wish to work in India should not have visited Pak in the past (this targets MNC's who club India-Pak as south Asia)
Any Pakistani who wants to visit India for business /work, needs security clearance.