Russian-Ukranian War: Geopolitical Fallout

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Re: Russian-Ukranian War: Geopolitical Fallout

Post by Cyrano »

From RT:
Poland Tells Norway to Hand Over Oil Revenue amid Energy Price Spike

Norway should share the “excess” profits it’s been making as oil and gas prices soar amid the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine, according to Polish PM Mateusz Morawiecki.

“But should we be paying Norway gigantic money for gas – four or five times more than we paid a year ago? This is sick,” he said, claiming that the excess of the annual average gas and oil profit “will exceed €100 billion” this year for a country of five million people like Norway.

Morawiecki also urged Poles to go and shame Norwegians over the fat gas profits online to push the country into sharing the wealth: “Write to your young friends in Norway,” he said, “They should share it immediately."

Encouraging harassment of people online much? | #UkraineWar | #Russia | #Ukraine |

Europe has started tearing itself apart !
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Woke Norwegians might just agree to share the revenues with Poland.
skumar
BRFite

Post by skumar »

kit wrote:
Recommended listen for all BRFites
When Graham mentions one possible solution being Donass (DPR/LPR) going back to Ukraine as autonomous provinces, he is talking out of his ass.

Russia has started integration of these areas into Russia; it is unlikely he is unaware of it.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

eklavya wrote:Russian diplomat Boris Bondarev resigns over Ukraine war, saying he has 'never been so ashamed of my country'
https://news.sky.com/story/russian-dipl ... y-12619768
someone's personal views are not geopolitics ?
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

eklavya wrote:Russian diplomat Boris Bondarev resigns over Ukraine war, saying he has 'never been so ashamed of my country'
One can empathize with his personal convictions, but this will not get much traction in Russia.

With autocrats like Putin, he is expendable. If he resigns, they will put someone else in his place.

This melodrama works in the Western World, but will find no ground in countries like Russia. No one will remember Boris Bondarev.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Cyrano wrote:From RT:

Norway should share the “excess” profits it’s been making as oil and gas prices soar amid the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine, according to Polish PM Mateusz Morawiecki.

“But should we be paying Norway gigantic money for gas – four or five times more than we paid a year ago? This is sick,” he said, claiming that the excess of the annual average gas and oil profit “will exceed €100 billion” this year for a country of five million people like Norway.

Morawiecki also urged Poles to go and shame Norwegians over the fat gas profits online to push the country into sharing the wealth: “Write to your young friends in Norway,” he said, “They should share it immediately."
!

indeed , this is hilarious., maybe Poland should ask for "free gas" :mrgreen: Personally i think the bigger NATO becomes , the weaker it will be
Last edited by kit on 23 May 2022 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

If Norway does not comply, Poland can always get gas from Russia :mrgreen:
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

Poland is sounding like the neighbor next door, they already have the "P" in their name.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

May be elensly realises now, that he can't get anything useful from the US anymore, only about 5-6 billion of the 43B is actual arms ukr will get, and part of what it already got will be deducted from that too. Moreover the US is likely to disengage from soon because this horse has started to hobble and can no longer serve any purpose. Bad PR to be seen betting too long on a loser country.

So he's selling part of Ukraine to Poland to draw them in. Kind of a poison pill in M&A parlance.

I'm sure this guy will sell his wife and children to get the last parachute on a crashing plane.
skumar
BRFite

Post by skumar »

Italy has circulated a meaningful 4-point peace plan to the #UnitedNations for the #UkraineRussiaWar - 1. Immediate ceasefire 2. Permanent #Ukrainian neutrality 3. De facto independence for #Crimea and #Donbas 4. Withdrawal of Russian troops and end to sanctions on Russia.

https://twitter.com/AggregateOsint/stat ... 5156600832

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia ... cle_inline

If Ukraine has the sense to accept this, this may be a way out. US is intent on increasing the pain for Russia at the cost of the Ukrainians. Zelenskyy and his cabal are fully committed towards accumulating the spoils of war.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Cyrano wrote:From RT:
friends in Norway,” he said, “They should share it immediately."

Europe has started tearing itself apart !
Nothing to beat protests against NYT op ed, led by none other than the WSJ !!! I have not read it yet, but a Brit paper has written a "nasty" rebuttle to NYT.

And, meanwhile Modi pens an op ed of his own in a Japanese paper calling the relations between India-Japan historic and tweets about it.

* Russian Central Bank is supposedly buying foreign currencies to stabilize the Ruble !!! Who is selling the Russian foreign currency is the question. Sanctions are not working, now the economic impact is hurting the authors of the sanctions
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

skumar wrote: 1. Immediate ceasefire 2. Permanent #Ukrainian neutrality 3. De facto independence for #Crimea and #Donbas 4. Withdrawal of Russian troops and end to sanctions on Russia.

If Ukraine has the sense to accept this, this may be a way out. US is intent on increasing the pain for Russia at the cost of the Ukrainians. Zelenskyy and his cabal are fully committed towards accumulating the spoils of war.
Realistically as things stand out today, Point 3 will be a NO DEAL for UKR.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

^^^^^

At the rate things are moving, wonder how long there will be a country called Ukraine
skumar
BRFite

Post by skumar »

Jay wrote:
skumar wrote: 1. Immediate ceasefire 2. Permanent #Ukrainian neutrality 3. De facto independence for #Crimea and #Donbas 4. Withdrawal of Russian troops and end to sanctions on Russia.

Realistically as things stand out today, Point 3 will be a NO DEAL for UKR.
Russia has held Crimea for a couple of years, it is a fait accompli. There is nothing for Ukraine to negotiate.

In Donbas, they have started deep integration starting services, pensions etc with rubles as the currency. Russian intent wrt Donbass is clear now. Ukraine had an opportunity in the 1-2 weeks of the conflict.

End to sanctions may actually be a separate point #5 (I quoted the original tweet). #1 and #4 are not going to happen without #2, #3 and #5.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Cyrano wrote:I'm sure this guy will sell his wife and children to get the last parachute on a crashing plane.
He doesn't have any monetary gains from playing the patsy o the US for all these months.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Some exceptional “baatoing of gyaan” by Cyrano ji, DeanS ji and Shanmukh ji (among many others) on Ukraine/ Russia history, attitudes and sentiments on the previous page. These posters make it a pleasure to be on BR and to get perspective not given to many.

However let me play the devil’s advocate.

It is a fact that what we call the nation of Ukraine appears to be mostly united in their war against Russia.

It is a fact that Russia has become singularly unpopular in most of Ukraine.

It is a fact that Russia invaded and in invading greatly overestimated their popularity in Ukraine.

It is a fact that the mass of Ukrainians are support g the fight against Russia.

It is a fact that the Ukrainian army has fought well. Whatever one may say.

Given all of the above, and even given geography (east/west of Dnieper, ethno-linguistic distribution, closeness of language, etc) how can one deny what we’re seeing as ‘the will’ of the Ukrainian peoples? How can one deny that this is a popular war and Russia may be on the wrong side?

One may claim that Ukrainian society by and large had become radicalised (more racist/ fascist). Hence their popular support for for the war. But I just don’t see it, speaking for myself.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Rakesh wrote:
One can empathize with his personal convictions, but this will not get much traction in Russia.

With autocrats like Putin, he is expendable. If he resigns, they will put someone else in his place.

This melodrama works in the Western World, but will find no ground in countries like Russia. No one will remember Boris Bondarev.
The FSB assasins have been dispatched with their vials of Novichok..
KrishnaK
BRFite

Post by KrishnaK »

Deans wrote:
Cyrano wrote: However, since this SMO started, the more I read, researched, spoke to a few of my Russian & Ukrainian friends the more I've been convinced that:
A - Russia was alternately ignored and humiliated by the west out of spite and malice for decades now
B - 99% of things in Russia are mis reported or given a negative slant by default by western MSM
C - The more Russia tries to better itself and integrate the more its shunned, decried and humiliated
D - the west blatantly employs double standards when it comes to Russia based on only one fundamental and debatable point: the Russia is not a full western democracy - as if thats an unpardonable crime against humanity
I have lived in Russia and done business with Russia and Ukraine for a decade. As someone with an interest in Geopolitics, I probably understand Russia better than any other country barring India. I completely agree with the above points. I'd like to put them in a more nuanced way

1. Russia would ideally like to partner with the West and not China, but NATO actions have pushed it into an alliance with China.
2. Humiliation by West, is really by US. I think they are still fighting the cold war.
3. Russia has been a fairly corrupt dictatorship (Ukraine, even more) and that has become a stick for the West to beat Russia with.
It is to be expected, whether because of your exposure to Russia or the forum's slant, to assign all responsibility for Russia's current predicament to the US. This entirely ignores the threat perception of central/eastern European and Baltic states. No one compelled Russia to remain unattractive as partner whether it was politically or economically. Those were choices that Putin made.

Germany is the largest and most powerful European NATO state. It is very unlikely any NATO action against Russia could've been taken without German involvement. Yet look at its defense preparedness
What's wrong with the Bundeswehr?

Bartels pointed to "big gaps" in personnel and equipment. At the end of 2017, no submarines and none of the air force's 14 large transport planes were available for deployment due to repairs.

Other equipment, including fighter jets, tanks and ships, was outdated and in some cases not fully operational because of bad planning or a lack of spare parts. Some air force pilots were unable to train because too many aircraft were being repaired.

Soldiers have experienced increasing levels of stress and there was a lack adequate leadership due to some 21,000 vacant officer posts.

The report said the government needed to pursue reforms "with greater urgency" and increase defense spending.

A lack of funding and inefficient management structures and planning were behind the problems. Germany has cut defense spending since the end of the Cold War. In 2017, it spent about 1.2 percent of its economic production in 2017 on the armed forces, which is below the 2 percent target recommended by the NATO alliance.
This was what Russia was facing with the largest nuclear arsenal in the world. This is excluding facts like Germany and much of EU continuing to buy gas from Russia inspite of US warnings.

Russian logic behind its perception of the NATO threat is precisely the same as Pakistan's perception of India. One that must be accepted as self evident truth and repeated ad-nauseam as justification for one entity's monopoly over the country's political scene and its resources. There's other comparisons with Pakistan as well - Russia sees itself as not getting the respect it deserves. Its GDP is a measly 1.5 trln. Barely larger than Australia or Canada.

Funnily enough the claims of Russian victory being made here mirror Pakistan's about the wars its won. Putin has miscalculated badly. Oh and btw, it isn't Ukraine that's radicalized, it's Russia.
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

Baikul wrote:Some exceptional “baatoing of gyaan” by Cyrano ji, DeanS ji and Shanmukh ji (among many others) on Ukraine/ Russia history, attitudes and sentiments on the previous page. These posters make it a pleasure to be on BR and to get perspective not given to many.

However let me play the devil’s advocate.

It is a fact that what we call the nation of Ukraine appears to be mostly united in their war against Russia.

It is a fact that Russia has become singularly unpopular in most of Ukraine.

It is a fact that Russia invaded and in invading greatly overestimated their popularity in Ukraine.

It is a fact that the mass of Ukrainians are support g the fight against Russia.

It is a fact that the Ukrainian army has fought well. Whatever one may say.

Given all of the above, and even given geography (east/west of Dnieper, ethno-linguistic distribution, closeness of language, etc) how can one deny what we’re seeing as ‘the will’ of the Ukrainian peoples? How can one deny that this is a popular war and Russia may be on the wrong side?

One may claim that Ukrainian society by and large had become radicalised (more racist/ fascist). Hence their popular support for for the war. But I just don’t see it, speaking for myself.
Baikul-ji,

Let me play realpolitik advocate here.

Since when has the "will of the people" ever mattered in real life? What exactly is the moral difference between (1) and (2) and (3) and (4) below:

(1) From 2003-2020, the "will of the people" in Iraq has been trampled upon by the US armed forces and private contractors and ISIS. Let me just say that when Saddam was in power, the average Iraqi was not experiencing 10,000 to 25,000 casualties per year due to violence

(2) From 2014-2022, the "will of the people" in Donbass has been trampled upon by the Ukrainian armed forces and neo-Nazi militia

(3) From 2022 onwards, the "will of the people" in rest-of-Ukraine is being trampled upon by the Russian armed forces

(4) Almost 80-90% of the world's 1.8 billion Muslims live in some form of dictatorship, absolute monarchy, oligarchy, or "guided democracy" or "Islamic democracy" or "democracy with sharia", etc. Does the "will of the people" matter?

The war has nothing to do with the Ukrainian people. Its a pure Zelensky/Biden vs. Putin chess game

This war is going only one way, no matter how NYT, WaPo, BBC spin it...western Ukraine is going to be a demilitarized rump state if it wants peace, and the eastern part will be permanently occupied or incorporated into Russia

Putin has gone all in. He is willing to make significant sacrifices in men, material, and GDP to blunt what he perceives as a long term strategic threat to his core interests. He has 5000+ nukes and he cannot lose. He will keep pounding Ukraine into dust if that is what it takes to achieve his objective of a demilitarized rump Ukraine

Zelensky is either unable to see the writing on the wall, or wants to be remembered as the wartime Churchill of a rump Ukraine no matter how high the cost to the aam abdul

Biden I think has Zelensky's testimonials in a vice. Hard to see how he could sell Zelensky on a US-Russia proxy war on Zelensky's front lawn
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Baikul ji, thanks; good questions, I'll let others chip in a bit and add if needed.

KrishnaK, you could have made your points without a getting into a personal 'slant' if you wanted to engage in a discussion, not just post and scoot.

Meanwhile, some food for thought:

ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Cyrano wrote:Baikul ji, thanks; good questions, I'll let others chip in a bit and add if needed.

KrishnaK, you could have made your points without a getting into a personal 'slant' if you wanted to engage in a discussion, not just post and scoot.

Meanwhile, some food for thought:
Dean / Cyrano / John I have suddenly had this thought after reading about this plan about lifting the blockade of the Ukr ports and / or supply anti ship missiles to Urk.

Russia may turn around and tell the US and UK back off or we will make the port infra resemble the stone ages?

Thoughts?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

If grain is stored in silos. It can be lit on fire using incendiary warheads on cruise missiles. No Cargo no need to blockade.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Russia has already said they will allow grain shipments after required checks to and fro, but Ukr has laid lots of sea mines around Odessa etc that are drifting, making shipping risky in those waters.

RT posted videos few weeks ago of a few grain silos used to store weapons and ammo. They bombed them, but haven't attacked gain silos as a strategy - imagine the hue and cry if they did.

Lots of trucks loaded with grain traversing Europe by road through Italy into France have been reported. Some shipping seems to happen via Moldovan ports as well.

We need to see what % of avl grain stocks are in Russian controlled territory. Given they have control of the most fertile regions it should be more than 50% of all available Ukr stock - there is no hindrance to ship these from the Russian side. Dunno if western Ukr has more silos and they moved grain westwards before the war started.

This whole food shortage forecasts, rising prices, sneak transports could be a gigantic scam with Ukr+Eu collusion given the total lack of transparency as to whats really going on.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Cyrano wrote:...
Great cartoon that.

Jewel in the crown missing... or were we supposed to be represented by the bullet in the Britshit gun.. totally expendable
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Cyrano wrote:
This whole food shortage forecasts, rising prices, sneak transports could be a gigantic scam with Ukr+Eu collusion given the total lack of transparency as to whats really going on.
Artificially let prices to put pressure on India as well.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

titash wrote:
Baikul wrote:….

Baikul-ji,

Let me play realpolitik advocate here.

…..
Titash ji thanks for a really well thought out reply. Allow me to disagree :D

Whatever was the situation elsewhere cannot be used to judge what’s happening now. Not in Iraq, not in Donbas (great point btw), not among Muslim nations.

We have to judge what’s happening here and now on the merits of here and now.
Since when has the "will of the people" ever mattered in real life?
Many times IMHO. This may sound like a cheap shot, but India’s fight for independence?
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Manish_P wrote:Great cartoon that.…
Although the nitpicker in me wonders what happened just then to the bear, versus Japan.

And why. On land as well as sea.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

ks_sachin wrote:
Cyrano wrote: This whole food shortage forecasts, rising prices, sneak transports could be a gigantic scam with Ukr+Eu collusion given the total lack of transparency as to whats really going on.
Artificially let prices to put pressure on India as well.
Any pressure on India is collateral. Besides, India can also export at current high prices and make money right?
One of the biggest food grain traders on the planet is French company Louis Dreyfus. Very low profile with deep connections going back centuries with royal houses, military generals, heads of state, ministers etc. Power behind the powers since farmers are a powerful voting segment and lobby in Europe as well. Farmers can make or break elections, topple govts and Louis Dreyfus controls the markets and hence their incomes.

Latest news is that UK Royal Navy wants to send ships into the black sea to "escort" grain shipping vessels defying Russian blockade. BoJo wants to get into the fight directly - he seems to be itching so badly that he needs additional Russian fingers to scratch his ***
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thank you Baikul ji,
Some good questions and counterpoints have been raised:
Baikul wrote:Given all of the above, and even given geography (east/west of Dnieper, ethno-linguistic distribution, closeness of language, etc) how can one deny what we’re seeing as ‘the will’ of the Ukrainian peoples? How can one deny that this is a popular war and Russia may be on the wrong side?
The bane of all former Soviet Union countries has been state high handedness, endemic corruption - continued from Soviet days and oligarchism - replacing the politburo, and de-shaming blatant enrichment of a few. Both Russia and Ukraine have failed to become even reasonably responsible states that focus on development, social progress and a modicum of state fairness for common people. Just having elections is not enough to be a modern democracy.

But is that a justification for becoming what Ukraine has become? Faced with far far greater problems and successive corrupt Govts, hasn't India remained a sensible state?

After effecting regime change in 2014, US turned western and eastern Ukrainians totally against each other and funded rightwing militias massively using them to control puppet govts it installed. Ukr today is a torn country - and a sick country. Hard to say what the will of its people is. Too many wells have been poisoned. Still, given a choice most will prefer US or EU, not Russia.
KrishnaK wrote:This entirely ignores the threat perception of central/eastern European and Baltic states.
If the US can have its Monroe doctrine, can’t Russia have its own security red lines? Despite numerous assurances, US expanded NATO 5 times - Russia invaded Georgia but didn’t wholly annex it, annexed Crimea in 2014 but didn’t occupy Donbass or invade Ukraine. Not because Russia COULDN'T but because it ISN'T interested in expansionism. Russia has been patient against persistent NATO provocations, and if Ukraine had implemented Minsk I & II accords (which should have not even been necessary because they lay out commitments in its own territory and for its own people ), we wouldn’t be here.

Has Russia invaded any of the Baltic states since 3 decades? Using your own argument, has Russia invaded any European state in 3 decades even though it’s known that most do not have a useful military? Once again not because Russia COULDN'T but because it ISN'T interested in expansionism or triggering a WW3. Because it wants a buffer between itself and NATO borders. The threat Russia sees from NATO expansion is not tanks and troops but missiles stationed too close to its border and therefore to Moscow, which cuts reaction times and puts everyone on hair-trigger mode all the time. Russia doesnt want that scenario and need not justify to anyone why, just like US doesn't have to justify Monroe. But NATO doesn’t want to accept that keeping such buffers helps both sides. And what more to say about US attitude that hasn’t already been said here?
KrishnaK wrote:No one compelled Russia to remain unattractive as partner whether it was politically or economically
Agree. But ugly is somewhat subjective, and being ugly is not a crime. I’ve said in these pages before, Russia indeed has a demographic and attractiveness challenge. You think they’re invading Ukraine to solve that?

Lastly, if you’re equating Pak and Russia :roll: ! Nuff said.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Some analysts point to the flat plains that start from Poland and stretch eastwards until the Ural Mountains which makes mechanised advances easy and therefore cite that as a reason why Russia wants Non-NATO buffer states between itself and NATO countries.

I don't agree with that for 2 reasons:
1. Rapid advances across Polish then Russian plains never won a war - Russia will have layered defences that will bog down the enemy across Bylorussia and its western borders all the way to Moscow. They will be very effective just like Ukrainian defences developed over the past few years are now slowing down the Russian attacks in Donbas - similar terrain , direction of attack doesnt matter.

2. Long logistics tail across 100s of kms will become a weakness, and impossible to sustain if they get bogged down and winter sets in. Napoleon discovered as much at the cost of losing nearly half a million soldiers.

So troops are not the problem - NATO stationing missiles, especially Medium & long range, ICBMS, n-missles close to Russian borders is a BIG NO NO for Russia. A US' or UK or France's N-missile fired from land somewhere in Europe will always take less time to reach Moscow than a missile fired from anywhere in Russia will take to reach major Us targets. This is already the case, geographical advantages being what they are. Russia doesnt want this asymmetry get worse. Thats why Russia invested more than US to develop hypersonic missiles and high performing missile defense systems like S400, S550 etc. This edge, according to Russia reduces the asymmetry and maintains balance.

NATO expansion screws the whole equations up.

Just think about it, isn't it better for everyone NOT to create fresh imbalances between 2 nuclear powers having massive first and second strike capabilities and MAD doctrines ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

jang ke maidan me ..........

don't cry like a little kid saying he tore my shirt, he broke my buttons

putin will come after you, any way that he can....
Russia cancels all patents and invention royalties from unfriendly countries including vaccines.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ent-theft/
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

The west thinks they have a monopoly on sanctions!
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Cyrano wrote:Russia has already said they will allow grain shipments after required checks to and fro, but Ukr has laid lots of sea mines around Odessa etc that are drifting, making shipping risky in those waters.

RT posted videos few weeks ago of a few grain silos used to store weapons and ammo. They bombed them, but haven't attacked gain silos as a strategy - imagine the hue and cry if they did.
Now who knows who is laying mines ? .. one just has to imagine what would happen when a couple of ships strike mines
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

chetak wrote:
Russia cancels all patents and invention royalties from unfriendly countries including vaccines.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ent-theft/
China has got another backdoor to patent thefts .. free market access means every product in western countries can now be "legally" copied ., expect all movies, consumer items and whatever you can think having "cloned"
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Baikul wrote:

Many times IMHO. This may sound like a cheap shot, but India’s fight for independence?

People's voices are heard only when all other options have been totally exhausted. Not one minute before that.

If Britain had an option. India would not have gotten independent. Regardless of what the people were saying.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Pratyush wrote:If grain is stored in silos. It can be lit on fire using incendiary warheads on cruise missiles. No Cargo no need to blockade.

this is an escalation that even putin will not risk. It adds another more terrifying dimension to the already explosive mix.

It will stampede the west, who are already scrambling to secure grain stocks, and possibly fuelling hyper inflation
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Good for us.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Most nations would hesitate to burn up food and cause famines. Except the Brits.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Kit ji,
Laying mines is most often a defensive act. An attacker will want freedom of movement and not restrict his options. Besides, ukr has no navy left so dropping sea mines has no risk for them.
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

chetak wrote:
Pratyush wrote:If grain is stored in silos. It can be lit on fire using incendiary warheads on cruise missiles. No Cargo no need to blockade.

this is an escalation that even putin will not risk. It adds another more terrifying dimension to the already explosive mix.

It will stampede the west, who are already scrambling to secure grain stocks, and possibly fuelling hyper inflation
already on many critical commodities Cheen and Russ have created havoc.
Destroying Food is last frontier if west weaponize Ukraine with damage causing weapons for Russ. Harpoon missle could be 1.