Agnipath (Tour of Duty): News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Re: Agnipath (Tour of Duty): News & Discussion

Post by ShauryaT »

maitya wrote: And just to re-iterate, before somebody starts shouting about employment-opportunity in States being reduced etc, the operative part was in "special" police force of states (as opposed to employment in regular State police force).
You are suggesting to take away a state's right to manage its police forces as per a states exclusive right. What you ask for will now require a constitution amendment! I propose a far simpler solution. Vote this government out of power and elect one who will put your desired policies into effect. That system is called democracy!
maitya
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by maitya »

ShauryaT wrote:
maitya wrote: And just to re-iterate, before somebody starts shouting about employment-opportunity in States being reduced etc, the operative part was in "special" police force of states (as opposed to employment in regular State police force).
You are suggesting to take away a state's right to manage its police forces as per a states exclusive right. What you ask for will now require a constitution amendment! I propose a far simpler solution. Vote this government out of power and elect one who will put your desired policies into effect. That system is called democracy!
Pls read what I wrote - where's the question of "... take away a state's right to manage its police forces as per a states exclusive right ..." etc etc.
States right remains intact wrt it's std Police force ... ony a portion of the intake of "special" Police force gets partially reserved for the part of the that-years demobilised Agniveers.

Yes, Constitutional amendment (so both house and also majority of the legislative assemblies) will be required, otherwise nothign will get implemented on the ground wrt various states and there'll be sure shot standard stonewalling etc.
And thus my point is this is an important enough policy decision to warrant that - if the hugely contentious GST bill can be done, so can this be, in fact with relative ease.

Voting out etc above are your imaginative words, and not mine - so no need for me to comment on it.

*e.g. PAC - 38 battilions, Force One of Maharastra, ATS of various states etc.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

The number of ex servicemen shown as employed (only 1-2% as per an earlier post) does not include the vast majority who have got jobs outside the ex Servicemen's organizations.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

The arguments made so far, miss what I think is an important point.
If it were not for this scheme, many of those recruited - educated only till class 10, in a rural area, in vernacular medium, would be unemployed
and largely unemployable. Jobless and unemployable youth is a ticking time bomb in India.
The only way out is jobs in the manufacturing sector. For that, what is most lacking is a disciplined work ethic. One of the biggest problems for
people who run a manufacturing operation is the lack of suitable people. Not technically qualified people, but those who will show up on time,
do a boring repetitive job sincerely, not get into Union activity etc.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Thakur_B wrote:[

Essentially anyone who has worked on any role except infantry or sentry duties gains trade skills.

The major caveat being, every such person I have worked with had 15 years of experience in armed forces. Agnipath time duration is very small to gain any viable experience. Which is why I am in favour of increased duration and increased certificate courses of ITI or Diploma level.
Thakur ji, largely agree with your post, as I've recruited several from the forces too (mostly PBOR level), with their kids.

I think the biggest strength of an infantry man is the ability to work in and lead a team. There is no other job where you routinely trust your buddy with your life, on a daily basis (if you are in the RR or posted at the LOC).
For other arms, I appreciate the disciplined work ethic more than technical skills.

I think the 15 years of experience is often 5 years, multiplied by 3. I share the misgivings about 4 years. My personal view is that an exit option can be given after 4 years, if the Agniveers do not exercise it, they stay for 7.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

the whole debate of agniveers has brought out in the open the following:
1) many youth/coaching centers taking army as a guaranteed employment scheme - not many taking it as a specialized skille
2) the army thus has been saddled with a good number of folks who are ultimately not employable
corollary: is it really army's headache to take care of and pay for unemployable folks?
corollary2: this probably also explains many ex-army folks not really displaying that kind of testimonials but acting more as sarkaari afsars
3) with agniveer, its an uplevel of what kind of people the army wants - it would force level up of the folks coming in
4) I understand the pain this may have caused folks who were looking to a good employment arena (glad that central forces are being chosen for employment - this would, atleast in part, inculcate some nationalism into the rural youth
5) the amount of monies saved from the pensions, part of them should also be devoted to improving our nations HRD and make folks more "employable"

there really should be a statewise employment numbers to see which states are doing better and the laggards should be penalized for not doing enough to generate employment (surely its not just central govt responsible for employment generation)
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Deans wrote: Not technically qualified people, but those who will show up on time,
This is so true. That basic discipline is so lacking in some many even when the organisation is prepared to invest in them and training them.

A lot of small industries in smaller towns like Hubli-Dharwad in Karnataka have shut shop simply because then cannot get people to bother turning up to work.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Deans wrote: I think the biggest strength of an infantryman is the ability to work in and lead a team. There is no other job where you routinely trust your buddy with your life, on a daily basis (if you are in the RR or posted at the LOC).
Sirji this happens all over the place and all times. At the LoC or other operational areas what they build in training gets put into practice.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Secunderabad Railway firing case: Prime suspect, others held
Hyderabad: The Government Railway Police have reportedly arrested Sai Defence Academy director Avula Subbarao after his role was established with evidence in the violence unleashed by a crowd, purportedly Army job aspirants, at the Secunderabad Railway Station last week. Four others, including Subbarao’s associates Shiva and Hari, too were taken into custody.

Subbarao, who was earlier detained by the Andhra Pradesh police, was handed over to the Hyderabad Police, who grilled him for nearly three days along with the GRP with regard to the arson.

Sources said the investigation officials have found that Subbarao was in active contact with managers of 12 of his coaching centre branches across Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and owners of six other coaching centres in Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam. They all had conspired and pre-planned the arson, police said, adding that Subbarao held several virtual meetings and phone calls meetings with other owners and organisers and kept motivating them.

They had instigated the job aspirants against the union government’s Agnipath recruitment scheme in person and through various WhatsApp groups and social media posts.

He instigated the aspirants that the scheme would spoil their future and convinced the coaching centre owners that the scheme would hit their businesses, police said, adding that it was also found out that they had made necessary arrangements for the rioters to reach the Secunderabad Railway Station and also provided them with refreshments.

The cops found that Subbarao came to Secunderabad with his followers on June 16 and stayed in a hotel near the railway station. The probe revealed that he met job seekers and instigated them to attack the railway station on June 17. He allegedly supplied masks to them as well so that their identity is not revealed. Subbarao escaped to Guntur soon after the violence started at the railway station.

He was taken to Gandhi Hospital for a medical examination and produced before a local court in Secunderabad. The police are yet to announce his arrest.

The police so far arrested 55 persons while efforts were on to nab eight others who were absconding. The GRP has also issued a notice to Sai Defence Academy in Medipally seeking explanation on the issue and asking to appear before the investigation team for questioning.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Deans wrote:The arguments made so far, miss what I think is an important point.
If it were not for this scheme, many of those recruited - educated only till class 10, in a rural area, in vernacular medium, would be unemployed
and largely unemployable. Jobless and unemployable youth is a ticking time bomb in India.
The only way out is jobs in the manufacturing sector. For that, what is most lacking is a disciplined work ethic. One of the biggest problems for
people who run a manufacturing operation is the lack of suitable people. Not technically qualified people, but those who will show up on time,
Agree 100%

Perhaps the Govt can send all the demobilized Agniveers who are willing, to attend skill development courses at ITIs (or in industry-run apparentice courses) and pay them a stipend for one year?

I know of such paid apparenticeship programs for the veterans in the US, with stipend being paid by the Government during the apparenticeship period in the US. Works out well for both the veterans and the employer.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Deans wrote:The number of ex servicemen shown as employed (only 1-2% as per an earlier post) does not include the vast majority who have got jobs outside the ex Servicemen's organizations.
Thanks, Deans sir. What would be the approx % and would they be due to affirmative action (nudge-push from the Goverment) or via pro-active independent action on part of servicemen themselves and the private industries who recruited them.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Manish_P wrote:
Deans wrote:The number of ex servicemen shown as employed (only 1-2% as per an earlier post) does not include the vast majority who have got jobs outside the ex Servicemen's organizations.
Thanks, Deans sir. What would be the approx % and would they be due to affirmative action (nudge-push from the Goverment) or via pro-active independent action on part of servicemen themselves and the private industries who recruited them.
There is no nudge from govt. Private sector has to take the initiative themselves. The ex servicemen's organisation (DG resettlement) is run like a govt dept (my experience is in Karnataka and Delhi). I have typically got people when someone we hire talks to his buddies.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

ks_sachin wrote:
Deans wrote: I think the biggest strength of an infantryman is the ability to work in and lead a team. There is no other job where you routinely trust your buddy with your life, on a daily basis (if you are in the RR or posted at the LOC).
Sirji this happens all over the place and all times. At the LoC or other operational areas what they build in training gets put into practice.
True Sir, I had in mind the earlier point that `people in certain arms / roles in the army have a skill that makes them employable, which an
infantryman may not have'. The point I make to a lot of recruiters is that a skill can be easily taught, leadership cannot. If someone has led men
in combat, I don't need any further proof of his leadership ability (or need to see anything else in his CV, if I am looking for someone who has to
lead a team).
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Kakkaji wrote:[
Agree 100%

Perhaps the Govt can send all the demobilized Agniveers who are willing, to attend skill development courses at ITIs (or in industry-run apparentice courses) and pay them a stipend for one year?

I know of such paid apparenticeship programs for the veterans in the US, with stipend being paid by the Government during the apparenticeship period in the US. Works out well for both the veterans and the employer.
What Govt can also do is retain the Agniveer's as a reserve, like the National guard. Those who opt to be part of it, could join their unit for a month each year (employers have to grand leave) to keep updated with new tech, stay in touch with the unit etc.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

300 mosques in UP exhort Muslim youth to enroll in Agniveer scheme in huge numbers. Muslims immediately understood the significance of getting military training for free.
After Friday prayers, Imams make appeal from mosques in Kanpur exhorting youths to follow Agnipath

KANPUR: A group of clerics and Muslim intellectuals in Kanpur made an appeal before and after Friday prayers asking community youths to apply for the newly launched Agnipath scheme and to utilize the opportunity and serve the country by joining the defence forces. The appeal was made from the majority of the mosques in the city.

The initiative has been started under the banner of Association of Muslim Professionals (AMP) that works for the cause of education for Muslim children.

Maulana Meraj Ashrafi, Imam of Nanpara Mosque at Yateem Khana crossing, said that the youngsters should apply for the Agnipath scheme. “This is a good opportunity which involves not only employment but also an opportunity to serve the country,” said Ashrafi.

“This is a good initiative of the government. On Friday, we asked people to grab the opportunity and get their eligible children to apply for the scheme,” said Qari Idrees, a cleric at a mosque in Chaubeypur.

After Friday prayers at Nanpara mosques, general secretary o ..
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 442269.cms

And here come the blind Gungadeens for comic relief, who won't recognize which side their bread is buttered even if presented on a silver platter

Khap leaders in Haryana threaten to socially isolate those who apply for Agnipath scheme

Amid the ongoing protest against the Centre’s Agnipath Scheme, some Khap Panchayats in Haryana called for a social boycott of all those who would apply for the scheme. The leaders of the Khap Panchayat also declared a boycott of politicians from the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party-Jananayak Janata Party combine and of corporate houses that have supported the scheme.

According to the reports, a meeting of the leaders of Khap Panchayat and other community leaders took place in the Rohtak district of Haryana. Leaders from Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, and some of the student organizations also participated in the meeting.

Om Prakash Dhankar, the Chairperson of this meeting stated on the behalf of the Khap Panchayat that people from society who would try to apply for this scheme would be socially isolated and boycotted. “We are boycotting this scheme which wants young people to be hired as labourers in the name of being an Agniveer”, the chairperson added.
https://www.opindia.com/2022/06/khap-le ... in-kanpur/
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Lets think about the second order effects of Agnipath. Many have been discussed in the media. The one, I am thinking about is that it is also a preparation for taking back POK. If we take back POK, the initial advance could be quick, the problem might be holding on to it as paki's drum up resistance. These militarily trained civilians could come quite handy. Next year, there are reports that we will up the intake to 125 K agniveer's. All of this comes in handy, if the plan is to secure POK.

Timing of this could happen by 2024. In 2024, Putin, Biden, Xi and Modi all seek re-election. Everyone is worried about legacy. Xi wants Taiwan and Modi wants POK. Biden is not going to get re-elected, unless he can drum up a war in Europe. Putin thinks he is Peter the Great, and wants to go out in style. I think all things come to a head in 2024. the govt is in a hurry, probably because they feel china will make its move quite soon and we will make ours when China is distracted.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks let's stick to the topic and not pet ideas.
Meantime Deccan Chronicle reports

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/ ... -jobs.html

Mind youTG govt awarded 25 lakh to the rioters killed in police firing.
And Secunderabad had violent riot with arson.
And these people fear losing govt jobs!
On average 17 people out of 1 million population join military in TG.
And they riot and arson?
What's wrong here?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Guddu, The intake is 3% and will go up to 50% of recruits.
Regular recruis will still be there.
Where did you get 125k next year?
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Misread, 125K. Thats after 4 years per reports.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

maitya wrote:
ramana wrote:By Admiral Arun Prakash (Retd), Former CNS.

Arun Prakash writes: Agnipath, between the lines
https://indianexpress.com/article/opini ... s-7979936/

Turmoil points to two larger absences: India doesn't have a National Security Doctrine. Armed forces have remained outside ambit of reform

Written By Arun Prakash |
Updated: June 20, 2022 7:31:44 pm
<snip>
Lastly, bitter experience of the past has shown that the home ministry has resisted induction of ex-servicemen into the armed-police and para-military forces, on the grounds that it would spoil the career path of their own cadres. Similarly, state governments and other agencies have blatantly ignored the reservations mandated for ESM. Therefore, if the Agnipath scheme has to offer a meaningful promise of post-demobilisation employment or education, this must be mandated by an Act of Parliament, on the lines of the “GI Bill” enacted by the US Congress.
<snip>
Actual point is this ... the whole dis-affection is wrt no assurance wrt post de-induction job security, rest are all mere side-shows/fluff.
And no, announcements like 10% reservation etc in CAPF etc means zilch ... instead, a law* is required which ensures all Agneevirs, post-demobilisation, get a first-right-to-denial for yearly entry-level intake of ALL CAPF.
i.e. only after all that years demobilised Agneeveers are exhausted wrt joining CAPF, any remaining CAPF entry-level positions be announced/opened to general public.

But all these are only possible, when there's any willingness to listen to as large a public as possible and not merely relegate it to some executive decision.
Does this not qualify as an high-impact policy decision that requires legislature involvement?

Ramanaji, wrt your outright vitriol (result of ideological affinity, that most often blindsides, is it?) towards anybody with opposing view wrt the scheme, I ask, how difficult was it be first introduced in Parliament (or any other public forum) and let it be debated for around an year?
So that any dissatisfaction, counter-viewpoints etc could have come out and discussed thread-bare.

Would it not have increased the general acceptance level? Was any of this violent protests etc required?
Is ask you, did we see any of that till now?

maitya Saar,
the points regarding recruitment have been answered a bit by Deans Saar and the legislative bill being bought has been answered by Shaurya T.
I just want to point out regarding the highlighted point. Are you very sure that if a bill/draft was brought about it would have led to acceptance. Will the retd Generals change their tune regarding fitness, cohesion, training that they have been writing about. Would the coaching centre owners arrested recently from Andhra change his tune?
Would the opposition stop braying about modi and rss trying to change the youth into nazis diatribe?

When people have made up their mind and taken maximalist positions to oppose a change/reform/bill its very difficult to go forward.
The farm laws were in open domain for almost 13 months. Did it change the mind of protestors? The CAA is still not notified. Did it change any so called intellectual/student/protestor/activist leanings or misgivings about the bill?

The worker force bill or draft is still languishing after the initial howling by the usual motley crew.

People can discuss anything thread bare but the opposition would not change. The violence regarding farm bill and caa also came in very much later to have a public and visual impact when heads of state were visiting. You can expect the same regarding the Agniveer scheme as well.

The govt of the day makes its decision and also briefly explains the same. People can get more info and try to find out more as is always the case. the only difference between this dispensation and the previous one was that there were the Bharkas, Rajdeep and "kaun jaat ho" Ravish to constantly espouse the previous dispensations viewpoint on prime time no matter how blatant. The same is probably missing with a few exception in times now and Arnab , but the discussion always veers on Nation first and people need to be unified, very less about the actual scheme and the pros and cons of it as such.

you will find older videos of the new Magsaysay award winner explaining how high fuel prices/inflation is good for the economy in 2011/12 time frame while lamenting about how bad it is in 2021/2022 time frame. We in India have a sold out press that doesn't have any iota of nationalism or national interest. A few of our issues can be directly traced to that itself.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

IAF gets over 56K applicants for 3000 Agniveer positions to date. The process closes on 5 July.

maitya,
I do take the other side's views often. But don't suffer fools who oppose a good measure for sake of opposing it.
What did Adm do when he was in charge of the Navy?
What changes within his scope did he bring about"
Bringing Parliament into department matters politicizes it.
No need for what can be done within the scope of responsibilities.
Was there a law to govern recruitment or cutting down the military by Nehruji in the 1950s and 1960s?
No. It was based on threat perception.

The current average age is 32 years.
Need to bring it down.
Compare to the average age of PLA, TSPA.
Rest is all water and will pass.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Many folks think the govt is an aberration and are used to Congress's ways.

The guruji for this govt is KS garu and his KRC report updated to current year issues.

A huge transformation is needed and will happen whether they agree or not.
They are retired and did nothing when they were in service.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Link gives the govt reasons from the NSA
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

#Meghalaya Governor Satya Pal Malik slammed the 'Agnipath' scheme as a "fraud" with the hopes of future jawans and said those retiring without a pension after serving the armed forces for four years would hardly attract any marriage proposal.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 567803.ece
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SP Malik is into Jat politics.
He thinks military service is a lifetime job.
After 4 years the lumpsum is pretty good.
Another scheme is for LIC could provide an annuity when they reach retirement if they invest the lumpsum.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Agneepath scheme: IAF met with a great response from young people, 57 thousand applications came for the Indian Air Force
https://hindi.finax.in/agneepath-scheme ... air-force/
27 June 2022

https://twitter.com/IAF_MCC/status/1541 ... 74_yWenYQw ---> 56960! That's the total number of applications received till date from future #Agniveers in response to the #Agnipath recruitment application process on https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in

Registration closes on 05 July 2022. Details about the process available on the website.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/rishibagree/status/ ... 74_yWenYQw ---> Indian Air Force has received 60,000 applications for 3,000 Agniveer slots. And some said that the Agnipath Scheme wont be accepted by the public. Registration closes on 5th July.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://theprint.in/india/punjab-assemb ... e/1018584/

Punjab assembly passes resolution against Agnipath recruitment scheme, BJP ministers oppose
Samay
BRFite

Post by Samay »

https://youtu.be/78KbH3Eb8lc
From 38:00 , clearly tears into the argument of Manpower reduction
A 'Scheme ' cannot be the National strategy, specially when the National strategyis not clear or looks shortsighted. There is no point trying to justify it just to please the hubris
Whole thing , it seems has been planned in a hurry due to some outside influence
Excluding the bogus arguments justifying it , the Only benefit that can be derived from this is if the temporary manpower is utilized Fully in the Govt organisations and companies, only if those organisations exist after 5 years aren't sold to the rich ?
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Samay wrote:https://youtu.be/78KbH3Eb8lc
From 38:00 , clearly tears into the argument of Manpower reduction
A 'Scheme ' cannot be the National strategy, specially when the National strategyis not clear or looks shortsighted. There is no point trying to justify it just to please the hubris
Whole thing , it seems has been planned in a hurry due to some outside influence
Excluding the bogus arguments justifying it , the Only benefit that can be derived from this is if the temporary manpower is utilized Fully in the Govt organisations and companies, only if those organisations exist after 5 years aren't sold to the rich ?
Same old same old.

So what is the solution?

Can you prove that no thought has been put into this?
Have you seen the briefing document that was sent by AHQ on this to GoI?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Utkarsh Anand
@utkarsh_aanand
#SupremeCourt will hear on July 15 a clutch of petitions challenging the Centre’s #Agnipath scheme for short-term recruitment into the armed forces. A bench of justices DY Chandrachud and AS Bopanna will consider the matter.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Like other services, reservation applicable in ‘Agnipath’ scheme too: Govt
The central government will provide reservations in the short-term defence forces recruitment scheme–Agnipath–like in other services.

In a written reply to Parliament on Wednesday, Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai said 15 per cent of seats in the ‘Agnipath’ scheme are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) category, 7.5 per cent for Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 27 per cent for those from Other Backward Classes (OBC).

Also, 10 per cent of seats in direct recruitment in civil posts and government services are reserved for aspirants from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) who are not covered under the scheme of reservation. Moreover, 10 per cent of the vacancies in the posts up to the level of the Assistant Commandant in all para-military forces are reserved for ex-servicemen.
The government has also decided to give 10 per cent horizontal reservation for the post of constable or rifleman to the first batch of ‘Agnipath’ scheme pass-outs.

The reservation given to SCs, STs, and OBCs is referred to as vertical reservations as it applies separately for each of the groups. On the other hand, horizontal reservation refers to the equal opportunity provided to other categories of beneficiaries such as women, veterans, the transgender community, and individuals with disabilities, cutting through the vertical categories.
ParGha
BRFite

Post by ParGha »

:eek: Lesson I'm learning is, never apply sound military logic assuming positive intent from Indian politicians and bureaucrats. The Ministry of Railways apparently stopped funding the 6x Railway Engineers (Territorial Army) battalions last year, and they are being quietly disbanded since December 2021 source. The Tour-of-Duty and expanded Territorial Army were General Rawat's vision for building up capabilities under cost controls. The Railways Board decision, plus certain other policies on ToD, doesn't bode well.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

https://twitter.com/delhidefence/status ... bha6_wNGUQ ---> Indian Air Force will induct 3,000 Agniveers in December 2022: Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari.

https://twitter.com/delhidefence/status ... bha6_wNGUQ ---> Indian Air Force will induct female Agniveers in 2023: Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

This discussion about what happens to the 75% agniveers when they are let go after 4 years of training. This has been left to the society to absorb such folks. However, the agniveer recruit is anxious about what they will do in the future. There are many PSUs, State Police force and others who need security arrangement and have a huge gap in employment. Can Agniveers be transitioned into these jobs seamlessly? We cannot have a huge trained youth force hanging for a future job. These people cannot be left to society to absorb them because there is so much uncertainty in a young trained person's future. Can the agniveer scheme be tweaked and made better? BTW many people from Nepal will be in agniveer scheme. Smoothing out the exit plan for the agniveer is very important and the GoI needs to address this point comprehensively.

Lt. Gen P R Shankar argues his point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hjb5bxpA5U
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Any idea if Gen Naravane's book will raise any stink on Agnipath scheme??
The General never came across as a politically motivated person and public utterances were very measured.
What gives???