Bharat Rakshak Celebrates 25 Years!

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Bharat Rakshak Celebrates 25 Years!

Post by Rakesh »

01 July 2022 is the 25th Anniversary of the official launch of Bharat Rakshak. What a journey these 25 years have been. May the next 25 years (and beyond) be as exciting as the 25 years that went by in a flash!

Kudos to the webmasters (Jagan, Kapil, LNS, Maz, Rupak and Seetal), to the moderators (Anujan, hnair, Indranil, KaranM, nachiket, RahulM, Ramana-ji, Suraj) and to all of you BRF posters who have made BR what it is today.

May India continue to reach greater heights and may we on BRF all work (in our small way) towards one goal - Atmanirbhar Bharat. A self reliant and resurgent India is what we all want and which we will all see ---> https://aatmanirbharbharat.mygov.in/

Jai Hind! Jai Jawan! Jai Vigyan!

[Image Source: https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 274_1.html]

Indian Army soldiers pose for a photograph with the national flag on the occasion of New Year 2022, at the Galwan Valley in Ladakh.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Re: Bharat Rakshak Celebrates 25 Years!

Post by Pratyush »

Happy Birthday to BR.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Happy 25th, may BR flourish and grow
Thanks million to the past and present webmasters
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Happy Birthday to BR Forum. I became aware of BR as far back as 1999 at the height of Kargil war. I came to know of the site when a Google search landed me at the site. For some reason searches on Google no longer lands me at BR site. Wonder why. But anyway. I was a lurker for may be 2 years and then took courage to enrol as a member. But in the famous disk crash at BR (or some major technical blowout I don't recall) my existence was initially erased but surfaced as having enrolled in 2005. Lost a bit of seniority in the process. But still, no complaints- BRF Oldie, still. Kudos to the pioneers who set it up and my pranks to those who are still around from that time. May they continue to provide inspiration to other who I am sure would follow in their footsteps.
amol
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amol »

Happy Birthday BR! I came across BRF one day in late 2003 when I was totally bored, read an article about the Prithvi missile and started searching for info on Indian Missiles. The treasure trove of information and the informed discussions were so amazing that I got lost in the forums for weeks, lapping up everything I could find. I've been a committed lurker ever since, preferring to drink from the firehose of knowledge flowing from BRF.

I credit BR for opening my eyes about what was going on around me and start on a quest to search for my roots and honour my traditions. BR has been the candle in the storm during some really bleak times, giving me hope when I was starting to lose it, looking at the relentless onslaught on the indigenous traditions and cultures from the usual suspects.

I salute all the towering personalities like Ramana, GD, Shiv and the hundreds of others who have made the forum what it is today.

Live long and prosper, BR. Udanda ayushya bhava!
bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

25 years of BRF, an amazing journey, been with BR for 23 yrs almost, joined 1999, after Operation Shakti '98. The fever pitch of patriotism and excitement on BRF from Pokhran-II days is something that comes once in lifetime. The amazing knowledge journey via contributors is perhaps a unique experience not replicated anywhere and being connected to the GoI Defence family is something I cherish a lot.

Here is to another 25 yrs of continued existence of BR, long live.
ashthor
BRFite

Post by ashthor »

Congratulations on the Silver Jubilee
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Happy Birthday BRF! Been on since around 2000, got active couple of years ago.
I owe a lot of who I am as a Bharatiya to many many gnyanis past and present who have graced this forum. My pranams to all members and to the mods and webmasters.

Regarding Haridas garu's FRANK OPINION comment above encouraging us to speak our mind, I think 2 factors are at play:
1. Resurgent Indic thought is more prevalent now. Less jholawaala leftys so the debates are less polarised but more nuanced and still sharp.
2. Media consumption patterns have changed, I'm glad the forum survives and thrives despite SM dominance which makes us feel smart ass tweet has more value than a sophisticated analysis piece.

But this Oasis or watering hole attracts more wise elephants than snickering hyenas, that's why monkeys like me stick around ;)

While mentioning mods, let me add SSridhar and Suryag garulu. And Rakesh ji, thank you for this thread and everything else.

Endaro mahanubhavulu, andariki vandanamulu!
Namo vah, Jai Bharat!!
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Congratulations to BRF for completing 25 years.
Mentioning moderators seems an incomplete list without Suraj and JE Menon, disha as mainsite crew, Sachin as webmaster (there may be others, these are the only handles I see with some regularity).

As for Haridas' point regarding utility, I can only give a personal reckoning, first visited brf around late 2014, was still in college then and stayed on for spite on the benis and pest threads initially, its not a happy story but it is a truthful one. Once I had finished with them, i tentatively branched out, read all the archives of the thread, understanding indian thought or something akin to it, read brihaspati's, atri's works and some ultra cool theories on krishna wrecking the eastern power of india and shifting it to the north-west axis, but this axis being incomplete or unstable; i registered shortly after that, got a job around the same time. I would say that my interest in geopolitics was strengthened and deeply influenced by the discussions on here. But it is a deeper drink that many care to endeavour, I led many thoughtful lads to these shores, in varied technical professions, none seem to have stuck around.

With regards to the quality of discussion, many of the things under serious discussion here occur only in isolated corners, sm has utility, but the masses are sheep, they only react to a dopamine hit of outrage, grief, unbounded elation and snide commentary with no thought or observation on the pattern of their posting, something like plato's cave.
Our own discussion can be more improved rather than this being a place of twitter feed aggregation, but then the number of posters participating is on an all-time low.

Finally, I would be remiss to not mention those who made this forum enjoyable for me during my initial years but who no longer post:
Singha, shiv, Peregrine, falijee, Raja Bose, KJo, LokeshC, A_Gupta, pankajs, jamwal.
Also lalmohan and ulaanbaatori
There may be many more from whom I have learned much, sorry gents if i do not remember your handles.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

The positives that BRF has brought on, for which I am thankful, aside, I just hate seeing the vitriol, knee-jerk reactions, short-sighted rants for the 24, 48, 72 hrs, and sometimes into weeks everytime something terrible happens - a bad election result, a Pulwama-like setback, Udaipur, etc. As someone said above it is like revelry of the snickering hyenas.

On the other hand, we should know and most of us know that governments and especially ours has the unenviable task of doing things right for the long term. It can almost never take the side of the ranters and whiners here and elsewhere.

Even among the most active of those here, many express themselves very wisely but only in fair weather. Through in a bad turn or a setback, all the progress and the developing strengths are forgotten and we start the boxing in the darkness.

Let me stop with my rant, given this great occasion!
Kanoji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kanoji »

Belated Birthday wishes to BR.

Feel nostalgic recalling the user names in the early days - Spinster, Guru Dronacharya, Calvin, Oracle Operator Appam, khayyam ... etc.

BR has been a source of learning, news and information distilled from misinformation and outright false hood. This has been possible because of the knowledge and experience sharing from people from all walks of life.

Thank you BR.
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

Congrats to BR. Being from a semi army family and wanting to join the army from childhood, i was told by my grandma that I was the only boy in the family and should not join since my dad's brother was MIA in the china conflict and another uncle was killed in a border skirmish. I had not met either of them.

similar to other of my brethren here , I came into the site during the kargil conflict. I used to read on the site for a long time but for years did not have an account because I was too poor to have a ISP account for years.
I was able to create an account during 2003, but did not contribute even one bit. I was not into politics or foreign policy. I purely read the amazing posts by Harry, Shiv, Anujan, ramana and others about military aspect. Only with introduction of GDF would I say that I understood the shame I had as a Hindu or being a Indian [as an example for years I would call myself agnostic as I am from a part hindu/ part christian family, now I only tell people I am Hindu] . Reason I think is our parents and theirs have for generations have been disabused of who they are civilizationally . for this i have to thank Shiv, who with simple anecdotes really helped me understand who we are as a civilization and a people.

Rakesh I love your epic takedowns of many many ppl. I love our Paki equation calculator that we used to follow, which somehow unerringly used to catch the terrorists who somehow registered and posted. [I forgot the exact name. :)]

Arun_s , ks_sachin, saurav, Philip are all generous givers of knowledge. so thank you to all of you known and unknown to have helped so many Indians. If this forum has been able to change me, I sure hope we now have a policy where we do not have the ISP email requirement. the chance of molding someone in their younger years is incalculable and I would strongly hope we do not have that policy.

to all current mods and prior mods, a thousand pranams. Thank you.
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

dnivas wrote:
.... Arun_s , ks_sachin, saurav, Philip are all generous givers of knowledge. so thank you to all of you known and unknown to have helped so many Indians. If this forum has been able to change me, I sure hope we now have a policy where we do not have the ISP email requirement. the chance of molding someone in their younger years is incalculable and I would strongly hope we do not have that policy.

to all current mods and prior mods, a thousand pranams. Thank you.
Glad remembering of my old handle Arun_S. :wink:

Good to see awaking of Bhratiyata.

For me the epitome of fun was an agitated MTCR Ayothulla Richard Spierer taken in by my reverse psy_op. :twisted: Fellow was instrumental in writing the rule. Good to see shivering knees of writers of three letter Shitty Bitty regiemes that were designed specifically for Bharat.

https://www.npolicy.org/article.php?aid=245&rid=6
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Happy birthday to BRF. May you be a force to reckon in India's destiny. The breadth of intellectual power in this forum is just one indicator of true patriotism
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Let us also remember the BRFites who are no longer in this world
B Raman's name comes first
There was also a youngish perosn, I am not able to recollect his name. He was a quite a knowledgeable and prolific poster. For some time there were no post from him. One find day somebody writes that he had passed away some few weeks/months ago

I am sure the departed BRFites must be having a nice time chit chatting with Field Marshal Maneckshaw and Dr Abdul Kalam and others

Om Shanti
skumar
BRFite

Post by skumar »

Congrats to the entire BR community! Thanks to the admins & moderators and the contributors who have opened so many eyes.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Kersi D wrote:Let us also remember the BRFites who are no longer in this world
There was also a youngish perosn, I am not able to recollect his name. He was a quite a knowledgeable and prolific poster. For some time there were no post from him. One find day somebody writes that he had passed away some few weeks/months ago

I am sure the departed BRFites must be having a nice time chit chatting with Field Marshal Maneckshaw and Dr Abdul Kalam and others

Om Shanti
Harry I think you refer to. Him of LCA fame.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Sachin Saar, you are correct. B Harry. A legend gone too soon. The level of knowledge and the ability to elucidate that in terms for anyone to understand was astonishing. Gems like him are rare. He is truly missed.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Wishing all the Brethren on the forum Congratulations.
25 years and what a journey
Hopefully keep this on for the Golden Jubilee and make country safe from the assorted inimical forces!!
Jai Hind
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Happy Birthday to BRF- been here since Kargil
Mukhi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mukhi »

Many Congratulations to all involved - Few Folks starting this out of pure patriotism and hobby, to lurkers like me. Have been associated since inception. And am thankful, that I have learned a lot.

Its time we have a BR meet in Midwest Area - US.
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

HBD!

There was a time when BR and Rediff were the two most visited Indian sites and regularly in the top 100 in the world.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Happy birthday Bharat Rakshak! Many more to come .
Cheers
csharma
BRFite

Post by csharma »

Happy Birthday. In fact BR is older. I discovered BR in 1998 before the Pokhran tests. I guess the new avatar is 25 years old.
basant
BRFite

Post by basant »

Happy birthday BRF! Live long and stay active!
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

There was also a youngish perosn, I am not able to recollect his name. He was a quite a knowledgeable and prolific poster. ....
Om Shanti
To me the foremost exalted person who is no more is Shri Dr Kaushal Vepa garu, he was the person who IMVHO singlehandedly elevated BRF to its peak. He passed away last Vijay Dashmi.

Meeting him on BRF is to me is amoungst the greatest benediction

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7869&hilit=Kaushal
Rudradev wrote:Aum Shanti.

The entire ecosystem of websites, forums, youtube channels, and social-media networks that Hindus and Indian Nationalists have at our disposal today, began at the dawn of the internet age through the dedicated efforts of a few titans. Kosla Vepa was one of those titans.

For everything positive that has happened in our movement since the late 1990s-- at least in the realm of discourse and information management-- we are, to some degree, indebted to them.
Last edited by Haridas on 04 Jul 2022 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

More importantly we must recognize the living BR legend amongst us : Shri Ramana.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Happy belated birthday BR. I joined sometimes in December of 1997(my first ID made under AOL). Vidya Vinamrata. Veerta is our motto.

Thank you svargiya Kausal vepa ji Ramanna, Rakesh, Jem, Suraj, Dr Shiv and countless other BRfiites. You are my Gurus.
Julian_Bashir
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Julian_Bashir »

ricky_v wrote: Congratulations to BRF for completing 25 years.
....Snipped...

Finally, I would be remiss to not mention those who made this forum enjoyable for me during my initial years but who no longer post:
Singha, shiv, Peregrine, falijee, Raja Bose, KJo, LokeshC, A_Gupta, pankajs, jamwal.
Also lalmohan and ulaanbaatori

There may be many more from whom I have learned much, sorry gents if i do not remember your handles.
Just what I wanted to say, been a long time lurker, Thank you all.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

ks_sachin wrote:

Om Shanti
Harry I think you refer to. Him of LCA fame.
Yes. Its Harry. A pity he passed away too soon
Om Shanti
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Wow 25 years. I accidentally came across BRF from a google search during Kargil days while still in school. I was spending my precious pocket money on Rs.50 an hour internet browsing from a 'cafe'. It took me many more years as a fata nanha to get connected to internet on a regular basis and from then on BRF has been a part of my learning. During these 15 years I have learned much more than I have contributed (that too is in BENIS). Many pranams to all the past and present gurus. May the flame of BRF provide light into the future.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Pratyush wrote:Happy Birthday to BR.
Happy birthday BRF and thank you to all the hardworking webmasters, site crew, moderators, formidable defense brains and above all patriots who enriched my life for so long.

I stumbled upon BRF in the previous century, while looking for words to old marching songs & never looked back. I had to unlearn so much, and it was a tough journey. As a “woke” before there was a woke, I still remember ramana garu’s challenge to me to be prepared to tread previously taboo mental territory. I was quite disturbed, and went away for quite some time. Truth & honesty ultimately won out, and here I still am.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Came for Tejas, stayed for Arjun, saw Arihant grow, waiting for Kaveri...

Anyway, Best wishes BRF and forum members (may the tribe grow)!
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Congrats to the founders and keepers of BR and BRF! An invaluable contribution.

Bharat hai to mumkin hai!
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Happy Birthday BRF!
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

Happy 25 years for BRF and many more years

Joined in 2007, do not remember how but it has been my go to site for all Indian defence related news. I always had BR page opened in office reading it whenever I had time, even my boss knew this :) .

I want to give a shout out to all the Scenario writers like Ahuja, Shankar, Singha and many more. I used to have the printed copies which I enjoyed reading on my Train ride from Mumbai to Vizag (36 Hours) to pass time :D
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Talking about BRFs ?

What about BR Meets ?

Nothing to beat teh BR meets at Bangalore, during Aero India shows.

A BR meet in Bangalore, rubbing shoulders with with AOC-in-Cof IAF Eastern Command !!!!

Talking with Wing Cdr Rajiv Kothoyal, the first to pilot the Tejas, then called LCA

And of course the story of "A Tale of Two Hydraulic Systems". More if people are interested
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Was lucky to join in a couple of BR jirgas this year in Hyd thanks to the splendid hospitality of Hari Seldon garu and the folks there.

Guess what's the default home page my browser loads? ;)

Would love to see some of the stalwarts return like Singha, N3 , Dr Shiv... Teetar and koo etc are largely inadequate for their range of expression.
VickyAvinash
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VickyAvinash »

Happy birthday BRF. I first came across this forum at the age of 19 in 2001 and since then hooked to it day and night. It is as integral to my life as eating and sleeping. BRF is first thing I read after waking up and also last thing I read before sleeping. Loved the learning throughout from likes of Rahul M, Rohitvats, N3, Karan M, Indranil, Shiv, Vina, Maitya, Rakesh and many more contributors. Feels like a large family and very close knit unit. Wish likes of HVT and others also joined, however, very happy with the privilege of all the learning received in last two decades. Cheers!!
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

VickyAvinash wrote:Happy birthday BRF. I first came across this forum at the age of 19 in 2001 and since then hooked to it day and night. It is as integral to my life as eating and sleeping. BRF is first thing I read after waking up and also last thing I read before sleeping. Loved the learning throughout from likes of Rahul M, Rohitvats, N3, Karan M, Indranil, Shiv, Vina, Maitya, Rakesh and many more contributors. Feels like a large family and very close knit unit. Wish likes of HVT and others also joined, however, very happy with the privilege of all the learning received in last two decades. Cheers!!
VickyAvinash
It is nice to learn that visiting this site gives you so much joy and happiness. Yes, some of the people that you have mentioned aren't around. That is an unfortunate reality. But you can contribute too. In areas that you have expertise. So please post news and opinions that you come across which you think would be of interest. I would love to hear from you.