Happy 75th Independence Day!!!

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Re: Happy 75th Independence Day!!!

Post by Cyrano »

May the Tiranga keep flying high, and bring knowledge, enlightenment, prosperity and peace to all indians and the entire world.
Kanoji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kanoji »

Sanyasi Rebellion: A forgotten chapter from the fight against British Rule gets much-needed attention as the motion poster of the film 1770 releases

https://www.opindia.com/2022/08/sanyasi ... r-release/

Was a revelation to me that there took place a revolt against the British East India Company led by Sanyasi's.

I wonder how much more history was buried from us by the so called "Eminent Historians".
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

The Brutish history of India is a warped tale spun in favor of the Bruts. There were many rebellions against them throughout the land but never documented properly. The Bruts used mercenaries to fight their harder wars and had a cabal of traitors groomed in India. The Islamic rulers and the Bruts had a tacit understanding behind the scenes of suppressing the rulers of Hindu India. It was either the Bruts or some nawab/khan who got the raja rulers. A favorite technique used by the Bruts is female infiltration using middle eastern pretty women (conveniently passed of as daughters of some Rajputs) and/or a Doctor/Hakim to worm their way into the ruling clan. The famines of India were caused by the Bruts since they wanted to grow poppy as a cash crop instead of rice/wheat to feed the populace. Forced migration of Indian labor to far flung Brut colonies happened with the promise of food. Many Indian agents were cultivated for the poppy crop processing/selling, these people became powerful and wealthy over time. The Bruts never gave up in their fight and targeted known rebellion leaders eventually, much like what US does today in their fights. This dogged determination advanced them towards the Brutish Raj rule of India.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Say Kuldeep Yadav and 99.99999% indians will say cricketer...

Anyway it is a belated but most welcome Independence day gift.. certainly a Raksha Bandhan gift for his sister (who serves in the BSF)

After 28 years in Pakistan jail, Kuldeep Yadav returns home..
It was a belated Rakshabandhan gift for Chandkheda-resident Rekha whose brother Kuldeep Yadav returned to home and hearth after serving 28 years in Pakistan jail.

Yadav, now 59, was arrested by Pakistani security agencies in 1994 on charges of espionage and sentenced to life term.

Yadav was released last week by the Pakistan Supreme Court and sent to India through Wagah border on August 28. Rekha used to send his rakhi every year addressed to Kot Lakhpat jail even when he had gone incommunicado since 2013, hoping and praying for his safety and well-being.

At peace to be free finally, Yadav's ordeal, however, is far from over. He is anxious and worried about his livelihood and has made an emotional appeal to the government and citizens to help him.

Talking to reporters, Yadav said, "In 1992, I was sent to Pakistan. After serving two years on foreign soil, I planned to return to India in June 1994, but before making it to my motherland, I was picked up by Pakistani agencies in 1994 and produced before a court. For two long years, I was interrogated by various agencies."

Kuldeep Yadav also remembers his camaraderie with Sarabjeet Singh of Punjab, who was also convicted of charges of terrorism and spying. He died following an attack on him by inmates in the Pakistan jail. “I got a chance to meet the late Sarbjeet in Kot-Lakhpat jail. The prison authorities used to arrange meetings between us every fortnight.
Now to hope for the safe (and quick) return of Shri Khulbhushan Jadhav..