Aero India 2023

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shaun
BRFite

Aero India 2023

Post by shaun »

Aero India 2023
February -Monday, 13 February 2023 to Friday, 17 February @ Yelahanka AFS

Official Website https://aeroindia.gov.in/
shaun
BRFite

Re: Aero India 2023

Post by shaun »

726 exhibitors, 91 from abroad, sign up for Aero India; meet with Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai soon

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 075071.cms
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

shaun wrote:Official Website https://aeroindia.gov.in/
Is the site accessible?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

It's slow but i am able to access it.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

SSridhar wrote:
shaun wrote:Official Website https://aeroindia.gov.in/
Is the site accessible?
Yes managed getting tickets one ticket at a time !!
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Saw it on Twitter that US contingent this time will include F-15, F-16, F/A-18, KC-135, KC-46, C-17, B-1B & F-35. French participation so far include Falcon-8X...I was having 2nd thoughts about attending Aero-India this time due to insane hike in prices but F-35 & B-1B might pull me back in. I think there would be no Russian aircrafts...not sure about other countries. My wish is to see Su-35 dance on Yelehanka skies and see Thunderbirds perform as well (loved their performance when I saw them a couple of times in US)...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

shaun or others, would there be bus service from Koramangala to the venuue & back? Any idea?
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

There are buses from Majestic, HSR etc. I think you can even take the airport buses and they'll stop at the base.

Also, if you're going to be there anytime between 13-15, do say hi. Its been years!
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Hi Prasad, I will be in Namma Bengaluru around that time, but will attend only on 17th. Will call you anyway,
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

I miss the BR meets that would happen during the AI timeframe. Anyone planning one?
Kersi
BRFite

Post by Kersi »

Zynda wrote:Saw it on Twitter that US contingent this time will include F-15, F-16, F/A-18, KC-135, KC-46, C-17, B-1B & F-35. French participation so far include Falcon-8X...I was having 2nd thoughts about attending Aero-India this time due to insane hike in prices but F-35 & B-1B might pull me back in. I think there would be no Russian aircrafts...not sure about other countries. My wish is to see Su-35 dance on Yelehanka skies and see Thunderbirds perform as well (loved their performance when I saw them a couple of times in US)...
Only A 10 is left out !!!
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

SSridhar wrote:shaun or others, would there be bus service from Koramangala to the venuue & back? Any idea?
Prasad wrote:There are buses from Majestic, HSR etc. I think you can even take the airport buses and they'll stop at the base.
Most airport bound Volvos (Vayu Vajra) go via the Yelahanka airbase. I usually take this service to get to the airshow and back. There may be other special buses operated by BMTC around that time, we'll know closer to the event. But the airport buses are a sureshot and convenient. Self-driving is the one option I'd recommend against, especially if you are visiting during the general public days (16/17th).

From Koramangala, you have the KIA-7/7A that start from HSR. If you're placed closer to Outer Ring Road/Silk Board, the E-city airport KIA-8 service is also available. Another option is to get to the nearby Shantinagar bus station (171 or 342 series buses from Koramangala go there), from where multiple airport routes converge: KIA-5, 7, 12, 14, etc.

Timings are as under, and they are quite reliable:
https://mybmtc.karnataka.gov.in/new-pag ... ervices/en
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

I have a question about the business pass: the form requires a GST no., but I don't have one (technically, I'm an individual enthusiast). This was never asked in the past, so it was not an issue earlier. What are individuals doing to address this? Any suggestions?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Also, from BRFites, do we have a sense of who's going when? Any plans to meet up in the event?

I still remember the BRF meet at shiv saar's place in 2017 - quite a few regulars were there: Zynda, suryag, Bala (IIRC) - it was good fun. Can we do something this time as well, considering the last event was overshadowed by Covid? We could meet at a public park in the city if no one is able to host - plenty of options available, with good coffee/food options nearby.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

I think this time AI folks want to limit unwanted non-business folks...5k is not cheap. If we buy business ticket, do we gain access to ADVA part as well? This GST # is new...not sure if we can book business ticket without providing one!

Anyways, I want to avoid going on general days...think I may end up going for air display onlee either on Tue or Wed...

arshyam, doc shiv was usually the organizer, host & coordinator for meet-ups, but since he is no longer part of BRF...I reckon he ain't that interested these days as well. I think JayS is skipping AI this time...Dileep saar may be @ AI via his employer.
arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

Will be attending and bought ticket for 17th as General Visitor.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Rafale Marine coming to Aero India 2023.

https://twitter.com/Duorope/status/1622 ... 83q_tasjKw --->

Kersi
BRFite

Post by Kersi »

We had a BR Meet (Mother of all BR Meets) in Bangalore, at AE probably 2003, where one of the guests was GOCiC IAF Eastern Command. Can one of the oldiess tell me his name ? I have forgotten. And also who else were there in that meet ? I think Wing Commander K S Suresh was alsos present in this meet
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Yup!! All set for the show. Team is already busy setting up the stall. Moi being big fish, will land at site only on Monday.

The fruits of past three years of struggle will be on display this time.
Zynda wrote:I think this time AI folks want to limit unwanted non-business folks...5k is not cheap. If we buy business ticket, do we gain access to ADVA part as well? This GST # is new...not sure if we can book business ticket without providing one!

Anyways, I want to avoid going on general days...think I may end up going for air display onlee either on Tue or Wed...

arshyam, doc shiv was usually the organizer, host & coordinator for meet-ups, but since he is no longer part of BRF...I reckon he ain't that interested these days as well. I think JayS is skipping AI this time...Dileep saar may be @ AI via his employer.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Arshyam, were you able to book a business ticket for individual? Just out of curiosity...Unless I can score a pass by end of day tomorrow (which seem quite unlikely), mostly I will be visiting as a General visitor on Thursday. Dileep saar, if you are gonna be @ AI till Thursday, I will drop by & say Hi.

Some press articles are stating that even Su-57 might be a visitor @ AI this time in addition to F-35...early pics on Twitter shows only F-18 being at Yelahanka AFB...no pics of F-16, F-15 or even F-35 yet!
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Dileep wrote:Yup!! All set for the show. Team is already busy setting up the stall. Moi being big fish, will land at site only on Monday.

The fruits of past three years of struggle will be on display this time.
All the best, saar. If it's all right with you, I'd love to come by and say hi. Please let me know where your stall would be, and if there's a preferred time of day you expect to be free.
Zynda wrote:Arshyam, were you able to book a business ticket for individual? Just out of curiosity...Unless I can score a pass by end of day tomorrow (which seem quite unlikely), mostly I will be visiting as a General visitor on Thursday.
Yes, I was. They changed the ticket provider last week, and the new form did not require a GST no. I've booked for Wednesday, so as to avoid the crowds on Thu/Fri.
Zynda wrote:If we buy business ticket, do we gain access to ADVA part as well?
I'd like to know the answer to this as well - a few of my colleagues are interested but find the 5k to be too steep. I've recommended the ADVA option, but not sure if I with a business pass could join them in the ADVA area to watch the air show. If you plan to get the ADVA ticket for Wed, let me know. I'll check about access and drop by if allowed.
Zynda wrote:Anyways, I want to avoid going on general days...think I may end up going for air display onlee either on Tue or Wed...

arshyam, doc shiv was usually the organizer, host & coordinator for meet-ups, but since he is no longer part of BRF...I reckon he ain't that interested these days as well.
I've dropped a note to him via email, let's see.

If there is interest to meet at a public place any evening, I'm game. It would be good to catch up after the event.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

^^As of now, if I can score a pass, I plan to attend on Wednesday...if not I will be attending as a General visitor on Thursday. Hopefully, I will get to know the pass status by end of day tomorrow.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Any time is good time for BRF Folks. Call (if you have the no) or e-mail at dileepks on gmail.

You can't go to ADVA with the exhibition ticket, but you can see the flying displays equally good from the open display area on the exhibition side.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

AMCA simulator from facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/NextGeneration ... ba2KRMvcCl

putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Can any visitors please ascertain status of IJT Sitara? HAL hasn't shown a good track record before trying to hoodwink everyone with HLFT-42
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

If you want to watch live PM Modi inaugurate Aero India 2023 in Bengaluru, Karnataka
event starts at 9:30 AM IST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlhTTSbJ5Pc
Kersi
BRFite

Post by Kersi »

I hope the lucky few who are visiting AE 2023 post (tonnes) pictures on this group for the benefit of us lesser mortals who are unable to see it
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

All Phots from Vayu Twitter Feed - Credit to them - https://twitter.com/ReviewVayu

HALs IMRH

HAL HLFT-42

The Tail Art is next level - Marut's Son - Maruti :) - Jai Hanuman

Tejas MK2 - Just love
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Is that really a windows OS on AMCA simulator display panel ? :shock:
Kersi
BRFite

Post by Kersi »

Does'nt the front fuselage of HLFT 42 resemble that of HF 24 Marut ?
Last edited by Kersi on 13 Feb 2023 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Kersi
BRFite

Post by Kersi »

The LCA AF Mk2 seems to be carrying a LGB, a MBDA Scalp missile, a R 77 missile and a Lightening pod.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

HLFT 42 is a great news

So # of Aircrafts under production / drawing board by HAL / ADA

- Tejas Trainer
- Tejas Mark 1
- Tejas Mark 1 A
- Tejas Mark 2
- Tejas Naval
- AMCA
and Now HLFT 42

any other country having more variants / models ? jingo moment
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

http://www.deccanherald: us-air-forces-f-35-aircraft-makes-debut-at-aero-india :shock:

Why F-35 Lightning making appearance now and demos planned?
Is this because losing carrier based aircraft sale?
Or stopping AMCA production?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Dileep wrote:Any time is good time for BRF Folks. Call (if you have the no) or e-mail at ...
Thanks saar, have sent an email.
Dileep wrote:You can't go to ADVA with the exhibition ticket, but you can see the flying displays equally good from the open display area on the exhibition side.
Yes, the view is actually better from the static display area, but was asking in case we could join other rakshaks in the ADVA area.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Watch: HAL displays supersonic fighter trainer aircraft HLFT-42 at Aero India 2023.

Info about LIFT and IMRH.

IMRH prototype to be ready 4 years after funds are sanctioned. Will take minimum 8 years to be ready for induction in service. There is a separate version planned for Navy called the Deck based multi role helicopter.
vikramb
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vikramb »

I went yesterday to Aero India 2023 in Bangalore. The aircraft line up was really impressive! People were lining up to get into the cockpit of the Gripen. Indigenous items were highlighted especially the iDEX initiative.