Brochures @ Aero India - 2005

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

George J wrote:Jai S:
I hereby (unilaterally) award you the "Ati Vishist Jingo Medal". For your excellent work in documenting and dissemenating the above information.

You may hereby add the suffix AVJM after your name.
:oops:

Thanks for the "medal", I can only hope that a recepient is not served any crow delicacies after getting the "medal".
The rest of you holding on to brouchures....are demoted and sent to AFM gulag to be tormented by Star49.
:eek: :shock: :lol:
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

DEAL - Jam Resistant Datalink for Nishant - Front

DEAL - Jam Resistant Datalink for Nishant - Back

Elbit Systems

EADS/CASA - CN-235

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Brochure from DARE.

DARE brochure-cover

DARE - Core Avionics Processors and software

DARE - Test and Evaluation Facility for Airborne EW System - Page 1

DARE - Test and Evaluation Facility for Airborne EW System - Page 2

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Jai S: Do I have to rename your user id to Jai S, AVJM?
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

DARE continued.

Mission Avionics

Mission Avionics - #2

Defensive Avionics

Defensive Avionics - #2

Core Avionics Processors and Software - #2 ( in addition to previous post)

DARE - Various products

Rakesh boss, thanks. Nope.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Jai,

buddy admire your humility. Also tell me how many more brochure's are there with you. Man i cannot control my excitement.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Sumeet wrote:Jai,

Also tell me how many more brochure's are there with you
Enough to keep you in anticipation for a while. :P
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Videshi maal for today.

Chernyshev MMB - Brochure Cover

Chernyshev MMB Plant - RD-33 - Front

Chernyshev MMB Plant - RD-33 - Back

Russia's DAN Aerial Target System - Front

Russia's DAN Aerial Target System - Back

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

BEL - Target Designator Sight - Front

BEL - Target Designator Sight - Back

Bombardier

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

BEL - SuperVision-2000 Radar - Front

BEL - SuperVision-2000 Radar - Back

BEL - STARS Radio : LVP-283 - Front

BEL - STARS Radio : LVP-283 - Back
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

BEL - VHF Transreceiver CNR AFV - LVM 280 - Front

BEL - VHF Transreceiver CNR AFV - LVM 280 - Back

BEL - V/UHF AM/FM Transreceiver - LUP 327 - Front

BEL - V/UHF AM/FM Transreceiver - LUP 327 - Front

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

BEL - Low Probability of Intercept Radar - Front

BEL - Low Probability of Intercept Radar - Back

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Could someone please explain to me what the hell a "low probability intercept radar " is?
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

shiv wrote:Could someone please explain to me what the hell a "low probability intercept radar " is?
http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk/Eu ... nsors.html
Solid state array= Active scanned array.
LPI
One the benefits to using a solid-state radar is the ability to control the energy emitted by the array, so called energy or signature management. For example by hopping between a number of frequencies in quick succession (so called Fast Frequency Hoping, FFH) the Power Spectral Density (PSD) is lowered. By lowering the PSD it becomes possible to (nearly) hide the emissions in background noise making it extremely difficult (but not impossible) to detect. This is termed Low Probability of Detection, or LPD. These techniques also reduce the likelihood of the signal being monitored or spoofed, this is termed Low Probability of Exploitation (LPE). These two capabilities combine to give Low Probability of Interception, or LPI.

Other LPI techniques that may be exploited with a solid-state active array include the ability to trade the peak power output against resolution, automatically reduce the peak power to a minimum for a given target and range and preventing the transmission of microwave energy towards a known threat. Of course though all these techniques will trade something to achieve LPI.
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

shiv wrote:Could someone please explain to me what the hell a "low probability intercept radar " is?
Most of us are familiar how radio receivers work. AM/FM types of modulation and electronics that is used to demodulate the signal. Interestingly FM allows Bandwidth to be traded to achieve better Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) I.e. even though the RF signal strength is low(compared to AM) the detector is able to resolve the signal from the wideband FM modulated signal.

Now switch to modern communication: like the digital cellphone one uses today (compared to those bulky analog cell phones 12 years ago) or the WiFi network modem (802.11B/G) in new laptops . These devices do not use analogue detectors at all, but use techniques like Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) techniques that spread the digital data stream using a Direct Sequence Spreading code. The Spreading code of logic "1" and "0" is orthogonal psudo-random sequence. Thus for a 1Megbit datastream applying 128bit psudo-random code (also called chips) on DSSS the bandwidth now becomes 128Mbit (chips). Using a digital signal processing one can reconstruct the Digital 1 from 0 even in extremely noisy situation because a digital receiver that knows the psudo-random code sequence used to spread the signal in the first place can detect if the data was 1 or 0 even if it received say 30 error bits in the 128 bit frame. because there is enough distinction between the "1" psudo-random possible sequence versus the "0" psudo-random code. This is called Processing-Gain or Spreading Gain. I.e. The receiver can do digital processing to obtain additional gain over and above what the analogue radio detector can provide (typically by using Analog to Digital Converter-ADC).

Thus DSSS technique allows the data signal to be radiated by flattening the signal over wide spectrum. Bigger the spreading code sequence the large is spread, so much so that it can be flattened to be close to ambient noise floor. Only the receiver that knows the spreading code can re-construct the signal back. The additional processing gain comes at the cost of digital processing required to synchronize with spreading frame and eliminating the noisy bits. This allows lower power transmission. That is the reasons why modern digital phones battery lasts so long (compared to old analog cell phones) and the radiated power is only few milliwatts even though the base station is many kilometers away.

Western military were first to use DSSS, for it offered security and since RF bandwidth is cheap (at least for military) it allowed very low transmitted power and it was so widely spread that all that enemy sees is noise floor that sometimes rises. Thus a very Low Probability of Intercept. (LPI)

The same concept when applied to Radar gives wideband LPI. In the case of BEL radar the datasheet says its processing gain (Rx Gain) is 72dB. That is fantastic and tells me that its spreading code is ~15 megabit long. As you can see it mentions various Bandwidth (56Mhz to 1.6MHz) (This is product of data-rate and number of bits in the Spreading-code. In Radar application DataRate = PRF).

BTW the GPS signal that gives us such fantastic timing resolution that we know our earth co-ordinates accurately, the signal on earth is so low that it is well below the RF noise floor. The GPS C/A uses 1023 chips for its spreading code (transmitted every 1 millisecond). Only the magic of DSSS processing gain that the digital processor is able to accurately extract the timing edge from GPS broadcast signal from 24,000Km above. For Military accuracy the GPS spreading code is many Gigabytes thus its security is virtually impossible to break.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

BEL - HF Transreceiver - LHP-299 - Front

BEL - HF Transreceiver - LHP-299 - Back

BEL - HF Transreceiver - LHP-229A - Front

BEL - HF Transreceiver - LHP-229A - Back

JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Jai anything on Samyukta or the ACCS?

Also please check your gmail id.