Aero India 2003 - News & Reports

John
BRF Oldie

Re: Aero India 2003 - News & Reports

Post by John »

Any idea what the armored truck in the right of top most picture you posted is?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/64818205/64822207ZfMJIY
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Some really super photos Abhaey - I mean the composition. A good photgrapher has a good camera and sees oportunities. A great photographer sees opportunities and composes his photos well.

Note to Jagan/Rakesh

Album 1

Abhaey's Jaguar picture is one of the better ones I have seen

The same Prithvi is on display at all shows - but againg Abhaey's pic with sun in background is very pretty.

Some extremely good cockpit pics - LCA?

Album 2

Mi 35 pics good

Super Dhruv photo
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

Originally posted by Aditya Mandrekar:
Manne, which email ID did you send to? Didnt receive any mail. if it was Yahoo, must've gone out through Bulk, so send it again, I'll look through the folder before emptying it next time ;)
Aditya, I sent it to your "the other" account. You know which one I am talking about. Or mail me with your current mail ID on mannechi @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces) and we can take this further. I had mentioned a special offer in my mail ;)
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Abhaey

Great pics - Can we use a few of them for the Aero India Updates?

Cheers

jagan
Abhaey
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Abhaey »

Thank you Shiv Ji. The cockpit photos are of the LCA, yes.

With pleasure Jagan. The Webshots quality is poor, so please single out the photos that you would like, and I'll scan and send you high resolution versions of the same.

Abhaey
Aditya_M
BRFite

Post by Aditya_M »

ok, I just realised (yes, a little late :p ) that Yahoo doesnt allow full size viewing. THe enxt time I'm in college, I'll move them to webshots. grrr...

Manne, will mail you...
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Abhaey, I need a total of 11 pictures of yours.

Album 1

Row One Column One (Bottom)
Row Four Column One (Both Top and Bottom)
Row Four Column three (Both Top and Bottom)
Row Eight Column Two (Prithvi)
Row Eight Column Three (Bottom)
Row Nine Column Three (Both Top and Bottom)

Album 2
R1C2 (top)
R3C1 (bottom)

Can you make the scans be around 800 px width? Email them to me at jagan@amar-jawan.org
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Forum member Vishak was with me a few minutes ago. He says he saw both LCA TD1 and 2 flying together about 2 weeks ago with 2 Jag chase planes.

Vishak has put up some aero India pics of his own

You can see them at:

<a href="http://www.anuraagphoto.com/PTIManager? ... ">Vishak's aero India pix</a>
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

:roll:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal2/1101-1200/Gal1125_AeroIndia2003_Shekar/032.jpg

This Dumb bomb with attached LG kit is labelled as a "Matra missile"
Sanjay
BRFite

Post by Sanjay »

Guys,

Let me ask something - the BEL pavilion had a Skyshield AAA defence system on display.

Has India ordered this thing or not ?
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

yeah it was kinda weird reportedly BEL built those skyshield systems it seems. The fire control radar in skyshield is already being manufactured by BEL as shikari for the navy to provide FC for the super rapido it was also supposed to be used by the trishul missile. The question it is the navy or the army intrested in license producting 35 mm gun or was it just shown for publicity.

Here is nice url on the ahead ammo used by skyshield
http://www.oerlikoncontraves.it/Difesa/eng/AHEAD_System.htm
Bhairav
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Bhairav »

Awesome photos Abhaey!
One question: How come the IAF is purchasing multiple laser-designators for their use? I mean, so far they have obtained the Litening, Atlis and Russian designators also, haven't they? Will that make them incompatible with the various LGBs and LGMs or are they all interoperable?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

My aero India VCD is ready

Actually I think it's really good - here's an endorsement I got on email from Vishak who was the first person to see it:
Excellent work. You are really really good with the
camera. It was an outstanding treat to watch AI-2003
CD. Great...really great. But there is one thing I
couldn't find, where are those cute Russian chicks you
filmed?
Anyone want to take the responsibility for making multiple copies and shipping it to whoever wants it? I will give it away free but I wouldn't mind if someone makes a little out of it and GIVES IT TO BR!!

I have a BR version in 3 parts: the Indoor displays, the outdoor displays and the flying displays.

I also have an RD parade VCD 2003 - of the military bits

Post by Guest »

I have a BR version in 3 parts: the Indoor displays, the outdoor displays and the flying displays.

I would love to have both, and pay any decent price for it. :)
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

shiv,

As mentioned before, I am quite willing to take on the responsibility. You have to tell me how the money can be sent back to BR. Mail me on mannechi @ yahoo.com (remove spaces).
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Originally posted by shiv:
Anyone want to take the responsibility for making multiple copies and shipping it to whoever wants it? I will give it away free but I wouldn't mind if someone makes a little out of it and GIVES IT TO BR!!

I think you should set a price however small it may be. BR should be able to look at what the needs are and do accordingly. If you don't mind mailing me stuff, I don't mind passing it around too.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Frontline article on Aero India 2003.
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

Shiv:

I will get in touch with Rakesh, Rupak and a few others privately by email, to see what can be done from our end. However, this should not stop others from doing their bit to help out as well, to whatever extent they can. Perhaps we need a few "distribution centers" to handle the demand. For example, a couple of centers for N.America, a couple more for Europe, etc.

Anyone:

How should I go about reproducing a VCD? I run Windows 2000, and I have Roxio EasyCD 5.2. Is this a simple enough problem to solve (like reproducing a music CD, for example)?
AshishN
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AshishN »

Count me in as one of the people who will pay for the VCDs..
George J

Post by George J »

Originally posted by Mohan Raju:
How should I go about reproducing a VCD? I run Windows 2000, and I have Roxio EasyCD 5.2. Is this a simple enough problem to solve (like reproducing a music CD, for example)?
Assuming that already in VCD format (not individual MPEG's), I reckon all you have to to is say copy/back up CD.

Can the whole 'VCD Package' be hosted by BR? If so it can be downloaded as such and simply burnt onto a CD to make a VCD. Or would that be too much of a bandwidth issue if at all fesable.
Sridhar
BRFite

Post by Sridhar »

I am more than willing to pay a modest sum for the VCD. The logistics/money transfers could be handled similar to the way the big boss handled the Aakash Yoddha VCD, could it not?
Sribabu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sribabu »

Originally posted by Mohan Raju:
Yes, you just use the copy CD option. Just like you want make a copy of whole CD, not the individual parts.

Shivji,

I am also interested in a copy. I hope Seetal can handle the distribution as he has already done it for AY.

Sri
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Originally posted by George J:
Can the whole 'VCD Package' be hosted by BR? If so it can be downloaded as such and simply burnt onto a CD to make a VCD. Or would that be too much of a bandwidth issue if at all fesable.
I can host it, while i have some bandwidth.
Can run a ftp server, so that only a few people per city get access to it and then they can copy it and pass it around.
George J

Post by George J »

Originally posted by cy_baru:
I can host it, while i have some bandwidth.
Can run a ftp server, so that only a few people per city get access to it and then they can copy it and pass it around.
I got cable at home, if you allow me to download it (or anyone with a faster conn. in chicago) then i can burn it to VCD and make it available at to anyone who wants it it BR chicago area.

The Cost will be: Packing in one of those non-bendable envelops + postage + BR Charge + George's Satyagraha fund*

*mandatory non-refundable payment.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Just a quick note to say that I have read your responses. Thanks.

Manne and Mohan Raju - I am waiting for a reply from some admins on this issue

GeorgeJ and others - I don't think I will be able to upload 1+ GB of data.

In any case both are in VCD format, and I have deleted the original mpegs from my HDD - though reconversion to mpeg is a minor issue.
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

Okay, people, I just did a quick check. Duplicating a VCD works fine as suggested by a couple of people above, using a simple data CD blank.

The mechanics are now clear. I will contact a few key people for further instructions.

Thanks a million billion to the crew who attended the MOFAM (Mother of All Meets) and produced this work of art. Especially Shiv.
George J

Post by George J »

Originally posted by shiv:
GeorgeJ and others - I don't think I will be able to upload 1+ GB of data.
Wow you have enough material to put out at least a two volume version???

Do you:
1) have commentary on the visuals
2) background music
3) or just visuals with the background of usual chatter of an exhibition.

The reason I am asking is coz it would be sheer monotonous to watch 2-3 hours of visual with no commentary or appropriate background music.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Originally posted by George J:

Do you:
1) have commentary on the visuals
2) background music
3) or just visuals with the background of usual chatter of an exhibition.
Actually it is an "interactive" CD using SmartCD Technology of GoMoothra Infosoft, Bangalore

You are given a menu choice that includes watching the original CD itself, or sport or ***** (hard/soft/user defined) or well known serials - mostly of the Indian variety. The CDs double up as music CDs with a choice of Rock/Rap/Jazz/light Indian classical/hindi and the CD covers carry a selection of books - that can be read with a lens.

The CDs themselves can serve as coasters when not in use for entertainment.

Just for youinformation - but I thought these features were routine and banal abroad - so I didn't bother mentioning them in my first post. Sorry.
Amarko
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Amarko »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
George J

Post by George J »

>>>Hmm so thats how the word 'ossieule' came to be. Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. Ask a genuine question (about the contents)...ossieules still give you stupid answer. Point to ponder.
Nikhil Shah
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nikhil Shah »

Shiv:

:D :D

I have tears in my eyes!
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

He He HE :D :D Tears here too!!
Aditya_M
BRFite

Post by Aditya_M »

I'll get my oval-shaped grey coloured camera loaded with a 14 frame black and white roll and take whotos of the CD without using the flash :D ;)
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Speaking of which,there was no friskin',no checkin',no nothinn' on the trade days.You could probably run around most of the base with a gun if you wanted to.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Originally posted by Harry:
Speaking of which,there was no friskin',no checkin',no nothinn' on the trade days.You could probably run around most of the base with a gun if you wanted to.
That was on the first 2 days and they made a big fuss about video cameras.

By day 3 all cameras were allowed but there was much feeling and frisking. Weird stuff. I asked the firskers why and they did a rolleyes and said "don't know"
Rupak
Webmaster BR

Post by Rupak »

Originally posted by Harry:
Security was very tight on the opening day.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Boss, the good doc had MOFAM on his hands, plus AEI 2003, plus running around preparing cds/movies/ god alone knows bloody what else. Probably, the chap didn't have time to fix the background music.

In such circumstances, i.e. when we're lucky enough to have a spot rep and some photos and now a VCD, as the Japanese might say: "Please to shut up and pay the f*ck up" - like I do :) .
Abhaey
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Abhaey »

Jagan,

I've been away for a few days. Will get the photos to you by the end of the week.

Abhaey
Abhaey
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Abhaey »

Here are some more photos from my trip to India.

India Album 1

India Album 2