• Over 5,000 business visitors per day

• More than 35 overseas delegations

• Technical Presentations

• Press Conferences by Exhibitors

• Defenterprise – a focused business fair for SME in the defence sector
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Will BR be trying for Media Accreditation for Defexpo 06 ?
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

There will be extensive Brahmos participation so find a good guy and ask,

1. About how the land based version of the Brahmos differs from the Ship based version?

-In guidance
-In warhead
-In flight profile

2. About how much heatsinking the Brahmos uses to overcome heat while flying supersonic in the boundary layer. Also, on how they deal with form drag in the boundary layer?

3. About the materials used in the airframe and how exactly it acheives "Low RCS"?

4. If a hi-hi-diving flight profile is possible and with what range increase? If it really has a greater range than advertised?

5. If the missile "pops up" from a low level flight to search for the target?

6. At what range the missile drops to sea skimming height? Does it drop to sea skimming height as soon as the primary target is detected? What kind of range does the seeker have? Is it LPI?

7. The state of IIR guidance etc

8. If they are venturing into the KS-172 project?
gopalk
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gopalk »

wow i'm salivating just thinking about this...I ca'nt wait till the 31st!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

glanced once, but Boeing never came into my eye scanner. LM has a big slot in hall 12/13. interestingly itally has a whole hall.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

to be fair some of the stuff Harry wants is sure to be classified even in amrika bahadur. do we really know what tricks the SLAM-ER uses or the materials used in the JASSM engine ?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

About how much heatsinking the Brahmos uses to overcome heat while flying supersonic in the boundary layer. Also, on how they deal with form drag in the boundary layer?

3. About the materials used in the airframe and how exactly it acheives "Low RCS"?

4. If a hi-hi-diving flight profile is possible and with what range increase? If it really has a greater range than advertised?

6. At what range the missile drops to sea skimming height? Does it drop to sea skimming height as soon as the primary target is detected? What kind of range does the seeker have? Is it LPI?

Harry Mate , Do you really expect them to answers most of those question you had asked .

I asked Dr Pillai at AE2005 on Range issue , he just diverted from the topic and started speaking about Kinetic Energy :)
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

Actually the best way to get answer for these questions is to wear a T-shirt saying "Shoot me! I am a Spy"

Harry wrote:There will be extensive Brahmos participation so find a good guy and ask,

1. About how the land based version of the Brahmos differs from the Ship based version?

-In guidance
-In warhead
-In flight profile

2. About how much heatsinking the Brahmos uses to overcome heat while flying supersonic in the boundary layer. Also, on how they deal with form drag in the boundary layer?

Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

Last DefExpo, didn't a paki defense attache manage to sneak in as a reporter and ask some specific questions? :lol:

Oh, for those who can go, keep a look out for the P17, P15A, and the mack daddy IAC models. And most importantly, take some good shots of them.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Defexpo 2006is 40% bigger over 04

Defexpo 2006 is emerging as one of the fastest growing defence events in Asia. The 2006 event has over 400 exhibitors booking space as at the first week January 06 as against 300 exhibitors for the 2004 event.

According to Wg. Cdr. R K Dhingra, Joint Director, Defence Exhibitions Organisation, “the show is sold out, barring a few stalls in some of the additional halls we have had to hire this time. We are trying our best to accommodate the last minute requests for booking we are receiving”.

As against 6 halls for the 2004 show in the sprawling Pragti Maidan exhibition ground in Delhi, the 2006 event has over 9 halls to accommodate the rush of exhibitors who are expected from 27 countries.

The big names of the global defence industry such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, BAE Systems, Bell, GE, Land Rover, Finnmechannica, Rosoboronexport and several others have booked large spaces to display their products and systems, Wg Cdr Dhingra said.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

I will be attending DEF EXPO 2006 probably on 1st and 2nd Feb. I would like to meet the BR Delhi persons. A BR meet in Delhi would be great. Unfortunately I have lost the tel nos. of my old pals Raj Malhotra and Manoj. Could u pl give me yr contact details on kersikdotiwalla@redifmail.com.

Hoping to see you all at DEF EXPO 2006

Kersi
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Thales Group

Thales will be present at the 2006 Defexpo land and naval systems exhibition, to be held January 31 - February 3 in New Delhi, India. This will be the fourth Defexpo event, a major government/industry initiative aimed at bringing manufacturers, decision-makers and end-users together on a common platform.

Thales will be showcasing its land, naval and aerospace defence capability throughout the exhibition. Particular emphasis will be placed on C4ISR solutions (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance), naval combat management systems, and various land forces equipment - from tactical communications hardware to cutting-edge infrared imaging technology.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Defexpo India 2006

4th Biennial Naval and Land Systems Exposition

Defence equipment and services related to Land and Naval systems including Weapons, Platforms, Communication System, Combat Vehicles, Simulators and Shipbuilding/Repair.

This is the biggest defence based international exhibition in India

The Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence, Government of India is priviledged to announce hosting of Defexpo India 2006, the fourth biennial Land and Naval Systems exhibition at the Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from 31 Jan to 03 Feb 06. International seminars on contemporary issues related to defence production and technologies on land and naval systems will also be held at New Delhi to coincide with the exposition.

Defexpo India has already carved a niche for itself as one of the leading land and naval systems exhibition in the region, with three editions successfully realized between 1999 and 2004. The defence sector in India is rapidly growing with giant strides in indigenous manufacture of weaponry, machinery and sophisticated land and naval equipments. The export and import potential of India’s defence technology and products is expanding every year, making India an attractive market as well as an investment destination for joint ventures.

Defexpo India 2006, spread over 25000 sqm with more than 350 exhibitors from 25 countries promises to provide an enriching and fulfilling experience to the defence manufacturer, the businessman and professional visitors.

Static Data of previous expo event:

Exhibitor’s quantity - 350

Exhibitor’s geography - Belarus, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands, UK, Ukraine, USA, Yugoslavia

Visitor’s quantity - 20000 Business Visitors

Equipped space - 20000 sq. m.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Seminars during Defexpo 2006

3rd India - UK Defence Industry Seminar

30 January 2006, Ball Room, Hotel Oberoi, New Delhi

3rd India - Defence Industry Summit

1 - 2 February 2006, Hall No. 8, Conference Hall, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi

2nd India - US Defence Industry Symposium

3 February 2006, Hall No. 8, Conference Hall, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Harry wrote:There will be extensive Brahmos participation so find a good guy and ask,

-In guidance
-In warhead
-In flight profile

With some luck BR's BrahMos page will come online before 26 Jan and will try to answer some of the questions you raise.

The BrahMos update will also have a unique and stunning solid rendering model of BrahMos.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Rheinmetall Defence

Between 31st January and 3rd February 2006, the Rheinmetall Defence subsidiaries Oerlikon Contraves and Rheinmetall Defence Electronics will be represented at the Defexpo India in New Delhi.

You will find more details on the exhibition highlights about two weeks before the Defexpo India starts.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

DefExpo India 2006 from January 31

Briefing mediapersons here today about the forthcoming DefExpo, Mr Singh said 29 countries had so far confirmed participation with the United States and Israel seeking major display areas. Closely following among the foreign participants were the UK, Russia, France and Italy.

All the Indian Defence Public Sector Undertakings, Ordnance Factory Board and the Defence Research & Development Organisation are taking part in the event where special emphasis has been accorded to participation by the Indian industry -- Indian companies have been extended a more than 60 per cent discount on space rental which goes up to 70 per cent in the case of small scale industries, said Secretary Singh.

Also scheduled for the event is the Defence Industry Summit with focus on issues like the New Defence Procurement Policy, Joint Ventures and Technology Tieups, and the Offset Policy.

For the first time, DefExpo India Special Lectures are also planned featuring special talks by eminent scientists in the field of defence research and development to achieve better interaction between the industry, Research & Development and the end-users.
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Raj Malhotra wrote:Actually the best way to get answer for these questions is to wear a T-shirt saying "Shoot me! I am a Spy"
Rubbish. If (one of) the same people who represented Brahmos at AI, is there, these questions will be answered. Preferably not the one who said that the P-15A was a Rajput.

And the Pakistani defence attache was Gp Capt Ashfaq Arain. A really nice guy and was'nt pretending to be a reporter. Just wore a suit instead of uniform. Of course, there was supposed to be an idiot Army attache as well, pretending to be a reporter.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

I suppose its ok to have one or two RATS incognito at the Defexpo. They may quicky realize what it feels like when one gets run over by a freight train.
Himanshu
BRFite

Post by Himanshu »

I think that we might see some interesting Vehicles from makers as TATA, M&M and Ashok Leyland as they are working on something like Hummvee for the IA requirement of around 4000 such vehicles..
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Are cameras allowed? And any chance of a BR@Delhi meet for Delhi based jingos?
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Hi Raj, How r you. I hope U r thre for DEF EXPO 2006. I will be there on 31st Jan and 1st Feb. I hope to meet you. Please send me yr and manoj's cell nos. on kersikdotiwalla@redifmail.com

regards
Kersi

[quote="Raj Malhotra"]Actually the best way to get answer for these questions is to wear a T-shirt saying "Shoot me! I am a Spy"
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

sroy wrote:Are cameras allowed? And any chance of a BR@Delhi meet for Delhi based jingos?
YES. You can take as many pics as you can. My experience is that u need at least 1 roll (36 pics per day), But with a digital camera u can run amuck

See you at DEF EXPO 2006

Kersi
Neeraj B
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Neeraj B »

Tooo bad, I am reaching India(Delhi) on Feb 5th.

But I am sure our esteemed BRFites will take loads and loads and loads of pics..
Mandeep
BRFite

Post by Mandeep »

I'm gonna be there for the Defexpo. Would any BRites like to meet up ? My phone number's 093161-35343
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

hi

I also intend to hang out there a bit. My email is druks@rediffmail dot com
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Hi Few Questions on DefExpo 2006

1 ) Do I need to register or is it entry for every body . Any ticket or pass required
2 ) What about Hotels or Lodges near by Pragati Maidan

Thanks
Austin
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

dont forget to take pics!
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

A request for all those in the knowing , Do I need to register to get access to DefExpo any help and suggestion are welcome
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Raj Malhotra wrote:hi

I also intend to hang out there a bit. My email is druks@rediffmail dot com
Could you please take good photo of wall images in the BrahMos section?

Also could you please take closeup photos of the Akash and Rajendra system information boards/diagrams? My images from AeroIndia05 were spoilt by the bright spot light. So please check out for uniform lighting perspective.
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

Kersi D wrote:Hi Raj, How r you. I hope U r thre for DEF EXPO 2006. I will be there on 31st Jan and 1st Feb. I hope to meet you. Please send me yr and manoj's cell nos. on kersikdotiwalla@redifmail.com

regards
Kersi

Raj Malhotra wrote:Actually the best way to get answer for these questions is to wear a T-shirt saying "Shoot me! I am a Spy"

I sent you an email but it seems to have bounced
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Any news on the IA - bread and butter programs to those going, Arjun- its FCS trials, Tank -ex and similar stuff.

There should be quite a bit on SAMYUKTA as well.

Pls take photographs of the information boards.
ravi_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ravi_s »

hello,

we used to have a BR-meet for the def expo...hope we can meet again this time. count me in too

Ravi
rajat_p
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rajat_p »

last time entry for general public was allowed only on the last day...will it be the same this time?? any idea
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Raj Malhotra wrote:
Kersi D wrote:Hi Raj, How r you. I hope U r thre for DEF EXPO 2006. I will be there on 31st Jan and 1st Feb. I hope to meet you. Please send me yr and manoj's cell nos. on kersikdotiwalla@redifmail.com
regards
Kersi
I sent you an email but it seems to have bounced
YES. Check the spelling. It is kersikdotiwalla@rediffmail.com. Two ffs !!!

Anyway I have sent u an e mail. Pl reply.
Kersi
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

There will probably be models of new generation IN ships:

* P-15A
* P-17
* P-28
* ADS

Please take pictures of these from various angles.
Ananth
BRFite

Post by Ananth »

srai wrote: [...]
Please take pictures of these from various angles.
And dont miss the important part: Photos of the spec/data accompanying the product or the plain old brouchers, which can be digitized later.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

I have been closely following this post as I will be visiting DEF EXPO 2006. This is my third consective DEF EXPO. I have an answer to all those wanting to know a lot of things like the type of bolts and nuts used in the 4th wing pylon of the 26th SU 30 MKI !!! It is not easy to get these answers.

Contrary to our basic thinking, DRDO and OFB often give the MAXIMUM information. So do the companies from the West. But try to get the information out of Russians or Israelis. The Russians (like the Japanese) suddenly forget English language, as and when it suits them. The Israelis simply say that they cannot answer the question. But the Israelis are always ready to answer the questions of persons in uniform !

My one little problem is that I take my own sweet time to write and post pics on BRF. And when I do so our ever alert and eager admin remove my post sayng that there is a lot of repetition and/or it is too late. I strongly suggest that a new thread must be started for all the posts of DEF EXPO. This tread must be stopped on say 31st Jan and a new thread must be started, post 31st Jan.

Believe me what you can learn in DEF EXPO is amazing. But you have to ask probing questions and read between the lines i.e. listen between the words and sentences. And you should be prepared to be thrown out of that company booth. But you must return when the fellow (or felli) who threw you out is gone and somebody else is in his/her place !! Don't forget arms bazar is dog-eat-dog business. You ask no quarters, you give no quarters. There have been innumerable bits of information which I have gathered at DEF EXPOs (and also at AERO INDIAs) which I feel is too sensitive to be posted on an open forum. Every member must be discrte about what he posts.

See you at DEF EXPO
Kersi
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

There have been innumerable bits of information which I have gathered at DEF EXPOs (and also at AERO INDIAs) which I feel is too sensitive to be posted on an open forum. Every member must be discrte about what he posts.
Kersi , How about a Dinner Meeting and some Chit Chat :D