Defexpo 2006

Nandai
BRFite

Post by Nandai »

A most fitting name I assume :D
George J

Post by George J »

Guys I see that you dont see info boards. If you look behind that OFB gun pic you can see the info board for the MBGL, thats more important than the pic itself.

That AMR sure looks interesting, I cant believe that OFB is capeable of designing something like that, maybe Nitin has an axe to grind with the innocent OFB. :twisted:
Logan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Logan »

I am curious as to the configuration of the INSAS carbines and the apparently small size of the magazines - is that really 5.56mm ?
Could they be talking of the INSAS Excalibur as the Carbine? It fits the role of a smaller weapon without compromising the firepower (M16/M4). The 9mm Carbine is easily distinguishable due to the magazine.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Top row - second from left looks like a 7.62 mm affair - the old Ishapore.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I have posted details on OFBs latest products in the R&D thread.
Yerna
BRFite

Post by Yerna »

shiv wrote:
Top row - second from left looks like a 7.62 mm affair - the old Ishapore.
I think its INSAS LMG
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

Yes Tank EX is now fitted with rubber pads and all T-72 coming for upgradation will converted to Tank EX. Also armour of Tank Ex is enhanced.

By the way some IA artillery uints have been put on stand by for SMERCH conversion.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

BDL Stall

Post by JaiS »

KONKURS-M INFOBOARD

MILAN ATGM

MILAN ATGM INFOBOARD

TRISHUL

TAL LWT INFOBOARD #1

TAL LWT INFOBOARD #2

JaiS
Forum Moderator

BEL STALL

Post by JaiS »

ALNS

BATTERY LEVEL RADAR INFOBOARD

BEL BATTLEFIELD SURVELLAINCE SYSTEMS

BEL DIFFERENT PRODUCTS-1

BEL DIFFERENT PRODUCTS-2

JaiS
Forum Moderator

BEL STALL contd.

Post by JaiS »

BFSR-SR TERMINAL

CDMA BASED MOBILE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM

COASTAL SURVELLAINCE SYSTEM

ESM SYSTEM FOR LIGHT AIRCRAFTS infoboard

ESM SYSTEM FOR LIGHT AIRCRAFTS

HUD

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

IMPROVED REPORTER RADAR INFOBOARD

INTEGRATED SECURE DIGITAL NETWORK

LONG RANGE SURVELLAINCE RADAR

MOBILE COMMUNICATION TERMINAL

RWR FOR FIGHTER AIRCRAFTS

JaiS
Forum Moderator

BEL STALL contd.

Post by JaiS »

SHILKA UPGRADE

SHIP BORNE SYSTEMS

SONAR

UNIT LEVEL SWITCH BOARD

VEHICLE TRACKING AND MESSAGING SYSTEM

VHF AND UHF REPEATER INFOBOARD

SHIPBORNE COMMAND AND CONTROL SYSTEM

BEL BATTERY LEVEL RADAR AND 3DCAR

Nitin, ran short of time, again. :(
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Sharma wrote:Yes Tank EX is now fitted with rubber pads and all T-72 coming for upgradation will converted to Tank EX. Also armour of Tank Ex is enhanced.

By the way some IA artillery uints have been put on stand by for SMERCH conversion.
Is this confirmed? Not raising doubts or anything, but the Russians are still angling for the T-72 upgrade program. As of now, Project Rhino is already highly delayed- we only have a max of some 250 odd local T-72 upgrades if they were completed. A year or so back, they had done 40.
So any idea of how many T-72s are going for Tank-ex? And when you say armour enhanced- is it enhanced relative to the T-72 (which is true) or that it was further upgraded?

Any recollection will help.

Cheers and thanks.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Jai, sorry to hear that, but you have done *sterling work* boss!! The infoboards are amazing, and they confirm many issues by themselves. Do hope though that you have even higher res pictures of some of the info boards- y'got us angling for more!:)
Great job!!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Surely for the work done less than a year ago at Aero India and a repeat performance at Defexpo - JaiS is contender number one for BR's Ati Visisht Jingo medal.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Or should that be Ati Vishisht Jingo Seva Medal. :)
And thanks to Sharma for his videos as well. Loads of effort there too.
ManuJ
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ManuJ »

Jai, great photos!

Would you happen to have higher-res photos of the HUD and RWR infoboards? And did you ask if a wider HUD is under development? Which RWR was on display - Roshini?
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Manu, a recent report spoke of a newer HUD for the IJT/ CAT etc. A wide angle HUD is deemed unnecessary since the LCA will anyway have a HMDS, initially the Elbit Dash.

Jai, do you have a higher res picture for the "SHIPBORNE systems" one (BEL) & the VHF/UHF repeater infoboard?
George J

Post by George J »

JCage wrote:Or should that be Ati Vishisht Jingo Seva Medal. :)
He already has a AVJM, the question is do you give him PVJM or AVJM with a bar.

I recommend awarding Sharmaji with JM (he has not come up with info too many boards, which is very important criteria for AVJM)
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Awesome photos Jai,
BTW, ESM for light aircrafts, is it developed by BEL or are they manf a licensed version? The LCD display looks cool. Way to go BEL :twisted:
-Zynda
Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

Thanks Sharma and JaiS, for all the pics and videos. Kudos !!!

PS: JaiS the pic of [TAL LWT INFOBOARD #2], made me feel like I tripped on something ... :wink:
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

errr.. the correct term is "Bar to the AVJM" .. He already has one from Aero India.. any second award will be in the form of a Bar to the existing award.. :D
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Zynda wrote:Awesome photos Jai,
BTW, ESM for light aircrafts, is it developed by BEL or are they manf a licensed version? The LCD display looks cool. Way to go BEL :twisted:
-Zynda
Thats the KITE system developed by DRDO, in cooperation with BEL, under Project Sangraha.
George J

Post by George J »

How come Zynda is considered a real sounding name now? Or the oligarch are sleeping on the job again.

I TOLD you make the forum guidelines a sticky with a title like "READ THIS BEFORE REGISTERING, POSTING OR THINKING ABOUT POSTING OR REGISTERING"...but nobody listens to me. :(

Jagan:
Did you get "super jingo" reply? Can we move ASAP on super jingo's recco?

BTW...we wanna give JaiS just one bar....for PVJM he still has to do a bit more grunt work.

I hope we can archive the Defexo stuff on BR directly....it will save us a lot of trouble when we are arguing about some inanse aspect of some arcane DRDO tech in about 3 months.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

George J, I can assure you Zynda is a proper & real sounding name :D Please do a google search to confirm the same. Sorry for hijacking the tread.
-Zynda
Harshad
BRFite

Post by Harshad »

What does the Zynda name mean?
Last Name: Zynda
Polish (Zynda): from a pet form of the Polish personal name Zyndram, a Polish form of the rare Germanic name Sindram, composed of the elements sind ‘journey’ + hrabn ‘raven’.
So you are a Pole.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

George J wrote:
He already has a AVJM, the question is do you give him PVJM or AVJM with a bar.

I recommend awarding Sharmaji with JM (he has not come up with info too many boards, which is very important criteria for AVJM)
Lets give him a AVJM with a bar. Save PVJM for future incase he decides to makes us drool over smooth, shiny flashy brochures from Aero India 07. Make sure we don't run out medal title for him.

JaiS, awesome buddy. Really well done.

Sharma ji great job done. Kudos for all the hard work. My best wishes to you for making progress to AVJM level.
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

JaiS and other lucky guys at DEFEX : The Trishul photo is rare, the photo you took is not with steady hands.

Is it possible to take another pass at the Trishul and take photo from 2 angles please?

Thanks
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Just a little note

I got tired of editing images and urls that were screwing up forum formatting.

I merely deleted the offending post/posts. If anyone finds his (or her) post missing - you know why.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

George J wrote:How come Zynda is considered a real sounding name now? Or the oligarch are sleeping on the job again.
George mone - my gut feeling and the lack of obvious agenda in the name or posts suggests to me that Zynda is OK.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Thanks guys, but you guys are giving me too much credit inspite of the fact that I have managed to screw up several photos.

Nitin, I looked at the images which you have pointed out and I can see that the text is not visible. Well, I do not have higher-res versions, probably Photoshop's zooming in feature can be of help.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

BEML OUTSIDE STALL

BEML POSTER

BEML BUMAR ARV WZT-3 INFOBOARD

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

BRAHMOS

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

VIEW OF SURVELLAINCE/ACQUISITION RADAR

BRAHMOS - FCS #1

BRAHMOS - FCS #2

BRAHMOS INFOBOARD

BRAHMOS POSTER

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

BRAHMOS INCLINED INSTALLATION

Image]

BRAHMOS VL INSTALLATION

BRAHMOS SUBMARINE INSTALLATION

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

BRAHMOS ON SUKHOI

JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

DEFEXPO INDIA 2006 CONCLUDES

February 03, 2006

Minister of State for Defence Production Rao Inderjit Singh gave away awards to the best exhibitors of DEFEXPO INDIA 2006 here today. The Best Exhibitor Award in the International Exhibitor category went jointly to the pavilions of Israel and M/s Lockheed Martin. The Runners up Award in this category went to M/s Armaris of France. In the Indian exhibitor’s category the best pavilion award went to Defence Research and Development Organisation and the Runners up prize to Larsen and Toubro Ltd. In the small scale exhibitor category, M/s Macmet India bagged the First Prize, while M/s Windlass Steelcraft was declared Runners up.

Speaking on the occasion Rao Inderjit Singh said that Defence Ministry is now in the process of finalizing the operational guidelines on offset policy for which the interaction at the DEFEXPO has been very useful. Congratulating the organisers of DEFEXPO, he said the growth figures clearly indicate that DEFEXPO has become a leading international event.

The four-day, Fourth International Land and Naval Systems Exhibition DEFEXPO INDIA 2006 concluded here today.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

I am surprised to see noone picked up the BLR infoboard! Range upgraded, TWS data given, for the current version. 8)
kantak
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kantak »

I distinctly remember 3 bhrahmos missiles being carried by the su model during the last DEF-EXPO.Why the change.

Great pics JaiS :D You have really brought the defence expo to our desktops!!!!!
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

The above does not require structural changes to the wings for increased strength; the IAF had expressed reservations about carrying the heavy Brahmos on wing stations.