Republic Day 2006

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

http://www.eudem.vub.ac.be/organisation ... p?org_id=9

the Hydrema was prolly purchased after losing so many soldiers to mines in parakram ? I have never seen or heard of it in India before.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Karam wrote:
Aditya G wrote:Delhi Police?

Saudi King's personal army guards??
It says Delhi Police above - and Delhi police they are...
kantak
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kantak »

What is the Hyderma all about.Is it another Mine protected vehicle like the Caspir ?
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

RDay recording

since Shiv has barred sharing of "recorded" material on BR - I will not be posting the links on BR. :x

But I can inform those who are interested that somebody has posted rapidshare links on "forum.keypusblishing.co.uk" in the "IAF news & discussions" thread in military aviation... :D

thats not too much hardwork to get there.. is it? a coupla extra clicks.
Last edited by rakall on 27 Jan 2006 11:35, edited 2 times in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

see my link - its a mine clearing vehicle armed with protected cabin and a roller flail with chains attached. can handle 10kg anti tank mines also.

a fleet of such vehicles would have saved a couple of hundred jawans & civilians their lives and limbs post parakram. small mines are nasty things they tend to "move" under the soil due to rain.

we also need mines with radio control on/off activation switch which we didnt have.

a bunch of fuses made by blowblast also malfunctioned.
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

Some key displays:
---------------------

IA:
----

Arjun
Agni 1, 2
AN/TPQ FFR
Tungushka
Armoured Recce Vehicle
BRDM-2 (Striker)
Carrier mortar tracked
BMP2

IAF:
----

prithvi
Indra MkII
Pinaka & pinaka loader
BLT
amphibious floating bridge & ferry system
Brahmos

and Delhi Metro :D
kantak
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kantak »

Rampy wrote:
kantak wrote:Yo guys the parade is about to begin .So turn on doordarshan right now!

guys I have logged in DD channel, but I am not able to find the link and nor is the republicday.nic is showing anything except the presidents speech

can someone tell the link pls for the parade live
:oops:
Sorry Rampy was referring to the tv broadcast not a webcast.
:oops: By the way NDTV.COM did carry a short webcast.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Kufr!
Don't you know that the Delhi Metro is zimbly a Chankian Maskirovka...... it's our 72000 psi Khazba-i-Zamin-i-Bomb-i-Shelter. We were onlee giving the subtle message to the fountainhead of Jihad Inc. and TSP's sugardaddy.
:P
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

rakall wrote:Some key displays:
---------------------

IA:
----

Arjun
Agni 1, 2
AN/TPQ FFR
Tungushka
Armoured Recce Vehicle
BRDM-2 (Striker)
Carrier mortar tracked
BMP2

IAF:
----

prithvi
Indra MkII
Pinaka & pinaka loader
BLT
amphibious floating bridge & ferry system
Brahmos

IAF march past was led by Sqn.Ldr. Nachiketa !!!

vonkabra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vonkabra »

Jagan wrote:http://www.pib.nic.in/release/phsmall.asp?phid=7172
The Armoured Engineering Recce Vehicle gliding down the Rajpath during the Republic Day Parade - 2006, in New Delhi on January 26, 2006.
Amazing! The Indian Government actually put some pictures up right after the parade! Wish the armed forces would take the lead and start putting uploading upcoming details on their websites. DOnt know if it's just me but I'm tired of seeing a photo in a local newspaper about some military event which happened yesterday (of which event the press or the IA/IAF?IN never release details before).

IMHO Republic Day 2006 coverage was much better than before - less shots of the President/PM/Leader of Oppo/assorted onlookers etc and more of the parade (ofcourse they did manage to screw up the Sukhoi flypast).

Still, anybody know why the Navy contingent was restricted to a single float of the Scorpene (which hasnt even entered service)? No floats of the Talwar, the Delhi or any of the other IN vessels?
Karam
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Karam »

Jagan wrote:
Karam wrote: It says Delhi Police above - and Delhi police they are...
`

Doesnt' SAY Delhi Police! Aditya asked if they are. And they ARN't...
Raju

Post by Raju »

Karam wrote:
Jagan wrote:`

Those same guys were around last year too. They are Delhi Police Commandos.
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

RepublicDay parade part2 & 3 uploaded.

Part1 - 37MB - 22mins
from arrival of presidents body guards to begining of Regiments march past.

part2 - 59MB - 35mins
March past continues, IAF & DRDO tableaux's and begining of state display's. I let some part of the state displays stay to add the "flavor of culture". End of this clip is the DelhiMetro tableaux

Part3 - 18MB - 12min
"jaanbaaz" motorcylce disaply.. IAF flypast to "back to Delhi studio"
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Where?
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

JCage wrote:Where?

Please read my previous post..

since Shiv has barred sharing of "recorded" material on BR - I will not be posting the links on BR.

But I can inform those who are interested that somebody has posted rapidshare links on "forum.keypusblishing.co.uk" in the "IAF news & discussions" thread in military aviation...
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

OMG, lot of controversy reg those cops!! They should be Delhi Police, but confusion is because of their black berets and shiny black AKs. They might be A-7s, but some black colored AKs were also imported from Eastern Europe sometime back....

Heres a pic from 2004 R-day;

Whats the "Recce Troop Vehicle" all about? The same was displayed at this years Army Day with the title "Baaz 505", which means its another product from 505th ABW..
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5967 ... 060001.htm
Republic Day celebrated in Ethiopia
Indo-Asian News Service
Addis Ababa, January 27, 2006
http://www.newindpress.com/
Largest turnout in decade for Jammu R-Day parade
Friday January 27 2006 00:00 IST

IANS

JAMMU: Thousands of people in this winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday attended the Republic Day function at Maulana Azad Memorial stadium, which witnessed the largest turnout for the event in over a decade.

For the first time in the some 11 years, the stadium overflowed with people carrying the national tricolour. More than 10,000 children participated in the march past and cultural programmes, much to the delight of the audience of over 50,000.

This was in marked contrast to the scenes witnessed at the venue in 1995, when a series of blasts left nine people dead and 100 wounded, while the then governor, Gen. K.V. Krishna Rao, had a narrow escape. After the attack, many people stopped attending the ceremonial parade.

On Thursday, those who could not make it to the stadium because of the rush watched the parade live on the local TV channel Take One, which took the lead in beaming the event.

"I felt great," said Shivani Gupta, a leading beautician. "All the colours and especially the flags looked so beautiful!"

Gupta took along her two children to watch the parade. "What is there to fear?" she asked.

"The security arrangements were so perfect that I did not face any difficulty. The real beauty is in our country and the celebration of national events like Republic Day and Independence Day," said Gupta.

The bright sunshine, occasionally covered by light clouds, added colour to the flowers showered by air force helicopters as Governor Lt. Gen. S.K. Sinha hoisted the national tricolour.

Sinha acknowledged in his 25-minute speech that the "…huge presence of the people was reflective of the improving security situation" in Kashmir. He complimented Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad for having created such an atmosphere.

The governor also asserted that the de-militarisation of Kashmir "…was not possible without the de-terrorisation of the state".

Devinder Singh Rana, managing director of Take One channel which broadcast the Republic Day parade live for the first time in Jammu and Kashmir, said: "The idea behind broadcasting it live was to keep the people informed of our country's history and prestige, and how we are different from our neighbouring countries, where democracy is non-existent."

More comforting for the authorities was the fact that there were no untoward incidents.

"All the terrorist attempts were effectively foiled," said state police chief Gopal Sharma.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Karam wrote:
Jagan wrote:`

Well let me confirm to you that they are Delhi Police - and in specific Delhi Police' Commando wing.
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

‘Young And Resurgent India ‘ - A Film by Bharat Bala

India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF) is a trust started by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry. Government of India. This is now being managed by the confederation of Indian Industry under a public - private partnership.

A recent initiative of IBEF has been the release of our first ‘Brand India’ film titled ‘Young & Resurgent India’ produced by Bharat Bala productions. The film has been completely shot in India and shows the growth and dynamism that is sweeping the country.

Click here

Unfortunately they only have one clip up, but its all you'd expect from Bharat Bala. :)
Anabhaya
BRFite

Post by Anabhaya »

Thanks Vasu.
Been looking for that video for some time.

Still looking for a downloadable file, put it on phone and brag to all. 8)
Sudhir
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sudhir »

Awesome video - i guess this is what they are showing at Davos this year.... 8)
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Resurgent India

Post by prahaar »

Amazing video.....
My favourite : local trains + metros = speed + vitality ... 8)

Awesome stuff...
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Sudhir
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sudhir »

Please check out:

http://www.ibef.org/
Sridhar
BRFite

Post by Sridhar »

Tilak
BRFite

Post by Tilak »

Priyank
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Priyank »

It is interesting to note the formation insignia on some of the equipment on display in the republic day parade:

(1) AERV - 33rd Armoured Division.
(2) Network Operation Center - Army HQ.
(3) Carrier Mortar Tracked - 4th Independent Armoured Brigade.
(4) Recce Troop Vehicle - 1st Armoured Division.
(5) Hydrema Demining Vehicle - 1 Corps.
(6) Tunguska - 31st Armoured Division.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Some details on the Hydrema Mine Clearance Veihcle from the Danish manufacturer :

Link

A TOI report on the testing of the Hydrema by the Indian Army:

Army tests classified military equipment
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Thanks for the Rday clip. hopefully Beating Retreat follows
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

Surya,

Here you go (sneak preview onlee)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0562144618
yogindra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by yogindra »

I think I saw 2004 date on that video when I was almost ready to pay money for high quality.
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

Karam wrote:
Aditya G wrote:Delhi Police?
Saudi King's personal army guards??
These DP commandos were on duty also on Sunday during Beating Retreat.
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

yogindra wrote:I think I saw 2004 date on that video when I was almost ready to pay money for high quality.
Goyy, you are right! Sorry Surya. :(
vishal
BRFite

Post by vishal »

Here is a brief write-up of the (visible) security arrangements on 29th Jan for the 'Beating Retreat' ceremony.

Only vehicles with valid passes were allowed to make it to the car park. Once the cars were parked, they had their bonnets, boots & undersides inspected after which a blue sticker was affixed to the windscreen. The vehicle passes came enclosed along with the invitations.

The exit from the car park to a path leading to the seating area was through a metal detector (only 2 out of 4 were working and this led to long queues forming). No cameras, phones, pens etc were allowed. Marine Commandos armed with AK-47 assault rifles kept a watchful eye on the people passing through the metal detectors. Several NSG operatives were seen walking around but none of them was armed and one of them even had a French beard. After getting through the first metal detector, we were made to go through a second and this was followed by a frisking. One person frisked the upper body and after that a second person attended to the lower body.

Delhi Police commandos were out in force wearing light brown fatigues, bullet-proof jackets (no side protection) and carrying AK-47s with black furniture. The DP regulars were armed with INSAS rifles. I scanned all the rooftops but couldn’t make out any sniper posts. Also present was an NSG bomb-squad with 2 black Labradors.

The Delhi Police had parked a ‘Mobile Communications’ van but I couldn’t see what was inside. The curtain covering the entrance from the stairs was half drawn.

I brought along the brochure/agenda a souvenir. The ceremony was awesome!
Nav
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nav »

rakall wrote:RDay recording

since Shiv has barred sharing of "recorded" material on BR - I will not be posting the links on BR. :x

But I can inform those who are interested that somebody has posted rapidshare links on "forum.keypusblishing.co.uk" in the "IAF news & discussions" thread in military aviation... :D

thats not too much hardwork to get there.. is it? a coupla extra clicks.
Thank you Sir. You made mY week. :D