Aero India 2007 - Photo Thread

Omar
BRFite

Post by Omar »

The ladies album
Best album hands down! MiG girls are the best.
rajjesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rajjesh »

Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

Hi all,

The show looks great. I am here in frozen Iowa. By the way, one of the photos shows former Boss of the Blue Angels, Russ Bartlett, USN, trying to show case the hornets. Got to give it to the Americans, really trying to enter the Indian market. Anyways, all you friends in Bangalore, take more photos, videos. Makes us here in frozen Iowa feel better.

http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=4238
(guy on the right in navy whites)

Anant
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Added 2 new albums, one for some brochures and another of some weird close ups - some of which can be used as a basis for BR jingos favorite discussion regarding "finish"

http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=3088

In the brochures album I would like to call your attention to one - called "jeet.pdf" - info about an organization set up by the bereaved mother of a MiG 21 pilot, Read the brochure and donate if you think the cause is worthy

http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=4473

*added later* - pleaase let me know if any of the pdfs - esp this jeet one is unreadable. I optimized them for filesize - to get it below the 2 MB limit for the gallery.
Last edited by shiv on 11 Feb 2007 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Bharat Rakshak Team at AeroIndia,

Thank you very much for all the excellent photos and information. Much appreciated.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

shiv,

those pics are excellent especially dhruv and MKI. Also your brochure section is awesome. AKASH SAM thing was very informative. Astra was equally amazing. I hope there are others coming especially from BEL's stall.

kudos to everyone who has worked hard to achieve this. thanks from sumeet.
Indrajit
BRFite

Post by Indrajit »

Can see Gen.Malik in the pic,second from right.
Indrajit
BRFite

Post by Indrajit »

Acharya wrote:Image

Air Chief Marshal S P Tyagi with Air Chiefs from different countries pose for a photographer before the programme "International Aerospace Power Seminar and Aero India 2007", in New Delhi.
Photo by: PTI
Can see Gen.Malik in the pic,second from right.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

More Photos from Kapil
http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... &g2_page=2

Lot of distracting 'people' photos, but they will all get shifted somewhere else.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Hello guys I think you all missed to take a picture of Sea launched version of Brahmos on a frigate

Destroyer
http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... itemId=185

Corvette
http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=4760

and submarine
http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=4752
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

bala
BRFite

Post by bala »

Thanks to everyone who took pictures. I don't know about others, but IMHO, I think the king of menace is the SU-30MKI and the one equipped with center mount Brahmos conjures up things that can be done to a Musharraf. Next come the Mig-29/35. The F-18 have some menace value. Not too impressed with either the gripen or f-16, India's LCA would beat them. The cadre from the Army and Airforce look pro and fit ready to take on any challange. I am proud of them. Last but not least the MiG ladies rule.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

shiv wrote: *added later* - pleaase let me know if any of the pdfs - esp this jeet one is unreadable. I optimized them for filesize - to get it below the 2 MB limit for the gallery.
Unreadable.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Thanks guys.Excellent job. So much good stuff.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

New album (planes) and new pics in "etc" album
http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... temId=3088
subram
BRFite -Trainee

Post by subram »

My guess about the sensor package on the LCH, being mounted above the chin is that, it probably is better suited for targeting at places above the altitude of the helicopter (kargil scenario - enemy being at higher altitudes).

Another interesting point from the pictures (which are amazing btw) is the chiselled tail of the LCH, which look a bit like comache !! :wink:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Aditya_M
BRFite

Post by Aditya_M »

Some of the pics I took are at this link

All of the above pics are with the crapcam - aka Sony's 3.2 MP Cybershot. My pics from Day Four were taken on MN Kumar's camera, which is far better so he'll have to upload them. I have covered the ADA and BEL stalls VERY extensively in those.
Last edited by Aditya_M on 12 Feb 2007 07:40, edited 1 time in total.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

aditya thanks a lot.

u are the man.. ADA and BEL. hope you covered info boards as well. thanks again.
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Added a few new pics under "Reports"

http://aeroindia.org/taxonomy/term/9

Will eventually get to sorting this into selective specific galleries on ACIG.
pauldevis
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pauldevis »

Everyone who walked around in the sun and took pictures and videos and asked Questions, a very big Thank You from me. :)

There are so many pictures and videos, don't know where to start :)
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Yep a big THANK YOU from me too to every body :)

It was a herculian effort to make this happen , Running under the sun , waiting for the right moment , speaking with the right people , getting the right info and upload all the stuff after a long hard day work , persistant day after day.

How could life had been for we armchair fellas without youl
Last edited by Austin on 12 Feb 2007 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Yes , a big Thank You to all the people for the pics and info.
Kunal
BRFite -Trainee

contributions

Post by Kunal »

Please do a count off the top of ur heads and let everyone know how much you all have contributed monetarily. It'll be nice if the greater br community can chip in towards a rolling br fund. There is a contribution link up somewhr, but it'll be awesome if you put up a target ala wikipedia.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

:lol:
shetty
BRFite

Post by shetty »

It is stating the obvious, but thanks to all the people who spent time and gave us invaluable insight to the Aero 2007 with the regular updates on the photographs and information. It was thrilling to say the least :D
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

JE Menon wrote::lol:
JEM

You shoulda seen the HAL hoardings on way to Yelahanka - "Sizzling Sukhoi", "Terrific Tejas" etc for every type they manufactured.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

2 videos added in videos section
http://media.bharat-rakshak.com/aero/ma ... _itemId=79

1) Akash intercept from Akash publicity CD
2) Brahmos video (ext link to Rapidshar)

Note that he entire Akash CD is downloadable as a 33MB ISO image that u can burn on a CD

available at: http://rapidshare.com/files/16110408/akash.iso
mandrake
BRFite

Post by mandrake »

LCA cockpit simulator which as per told to me by a DRDO guy being one gen ahead of Gripen.

[img=http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8937/image002nd8.th.jpg]
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

edited
Last edited by Sumeet on 13 Feb 2007 03:17, edited 1 time in total.
SRay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SRay »

joey wrote:LCA cockpit simulator which as per told to me by a DRDO guy being one gen ahead of Gripen.
did he tell you what makes this simulator one generation ahead of gripen's?
mandrake
BRFite

Post by mandrake »

SRay wrote:
joey wrote:LCA cockpit simulator which as per told to me by a DRDO guy being one gen ahead of Gripen.
did he tell you what makes this simulator one generation ahead of gripen's?
noppers.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

subram wrote:My guess about the sensor package on the LCH, being mounted above the chin is that, it probably is better suited for targeting at places above the altitude of the helicopter (kargil scenario - enemy being at higher altitudes).

Another interesting point from the pictures (which are amazing btw) is the chiselled tail of the LCH, which look a bit like comache !! :wink:

One of the tactics employed by combat helos is to hide behind a hill with just the nose with the sensors just above the hill. This way they can track/target and fire guided missiles at the enemy targets while remaining hidden and protected by the hill.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

srai wrote:
One of the tactics employed by combat helos is to hide behind a hill with just the nose with the sensors just above the hill. This way they can track/target and fire guided missiles at the enemy targets while remaining hidden and protected by the hill.
Not just hills - even trees and gentle slopes can be used for cover. After all a difference in elevation of as little as 15 meters over a distance of 3000 meters is all that is needed.

I believe that was one of the reasons for putting a sensor on top of the rotor - but with the added advantage of a 360 degree view. But then again - it cannot look directly down and presumably it is considered unnecessary and unsafe to hover right above a target.

The LCH people said that the folks who had sensors on top of the rotor had visited the stall and they had exchanged views. One of the problems of putting a sensor above the rotor is vibration.
Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

I have a feeling that the FLIR ball on the LCH will be replaced with a much larger unit.
If the IAF/IA want the LCH to be able to discern targets at 5km - 7km (as DRDO is claiming for the Nag), they are going to need larger apertures for the TV and IR CCDs. That FLIR ball might just be a place holder for now.

For the Nag, instead of the MMW version being the next priority, I would like to see the Nag turn into something like Brimstone. Where a Jag or Mig-27 can carry 8-16 of them for armor/soft target plinking purposes. More accurate than a LGB, the platform can carry a lot more of them, and capable of engaging moving and stationary targets.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vick wrote:I have a feeling that the FLIR ball on the LCH will be replaced with a much larger unit.
If the IAF/IA want the LCH to be able to discern targets at 5km - 7km (as DRDO is claiming for the Nag), they are going to need larger apertures for the TV and IR CCDs. That FLIR ball might just be a place holder for now. engaging moving and stationary targets.
This changing of 3 Km to 5-7 Km is a modern day version of moving goalposts by the Indian armed forces.

They were quite happy with a goal of 3 Km - but now other vendors are moving ahead and the armed forces are telling BDL - "Hey who said 3 Km is good,We need 7."

One answer to this problem would be for the Indian developer to say "You need 3km?. We will give you 5"

But wait - isn't that what happened with the LCA?

So what happens is that they will first have to develop the 3 Km one, get cursed for being behind times and then move on to 5 and seven. In the mean time th Armend forces will place a huge order for an "interim, stop-gap" measure of 126 "5-7 Km" systems for which RFPs will be delayed until 15 Km anti-tank missiles are developed abroad.

You can't win.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

A question to experts...

Shouldn't this FLIR ball be made to protrude right at the center of the nose, there by allowing it an increased angle of orientation in the gimbal, depending on the need of the moment?