Aero India 2007 - Info Thread

Ananth
BRFite

Aero India 2007 - Info Thread

Post by Ananth »

There are two threads related to AI 2007, the countdown thread and the pics threads started by Jagan. I went through 3/4 threads with questions from BRF members to AI attendees. These questions being spread all over the place are getting lost. I am starting this thread as a centralized point, for all questions to AI attendees. It will also help AI attendees as a centralized point to answer any questions.
Last edited by Ananth on 05 Feb 2007 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

1. Status of 3D-car and rajendra for naval applications.

2. Radar on LCA.

3. Status on the UAV joint development with Israel. there were 4 agreements signed but there has been no further news on it.
Ananth
BRFite

Post by Ananth »

Can AI attendees ask those GTRE folks the exact status of Kaveri? The components of Kaveri that are failing. Also what is the progress delta compared to AI 2005, i.e. what did they achieve during these 2 years since 2005.

What is the exact motivation behind RFPs sent to global engine manufacturers? What specific areas of engine does GTRE looking forward to collaborate on?
Ananth
BRFite

Post by Ananth »

X-posting Raj Malhotra's question from countdown thread:
Hi, Can some lucky guys reaching Aero India check out OFB & DRDR stall also. Note DRDO stall on small arms will be different from OFB stall on small arms.

Here are my requests:-

Pls collect all the brouchures and post them on the forum by scanning.

Take lot of pictures, we can also see them scanned here Very Happy

Ask about the bullpub INSAS, at DRDO stall

Ask about a speculated sniper version of INSAS, does it exist? and in which caliber 5.56 or 7.62?

Ask about the ammo of INSAS carbine, what is it 5.56 X28, what is the bullet weight etc, a photograph would be interesting

What in the status of Under barrel grenade launcher and its ammo?
Ananth
BRFite

Post by Ananth »

Please ask DRDL/RCI/ASL folks coming to AI 2007, whether they were able to exactly diagnose problem with Agni-III. We had the oppurtunity to track ISRO's diagnostic process for the failed GSLV, since ISRO is civilian org and was releasing all its failure review meeting reports via news orgs.

We might only know if they have succeeded in finding the solution only when DRDO executes a successful test of Agni. Still with Arun_S attending AI, we should be able to get some insights into the status of Agni w/o compromising on confidentiality aspect.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ananth, The problem was tracked down and the next launch should be with the fix to it.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Thank you for starting this thread Ananth. I have renamed it, hope you don't mind.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

DRDO-s radar development

Low level lightweight radar

Current status of Rajendra, whether it has achieved improved target tracking numbers and future plans

LCA MMR and future plans

Any plans for AESA long range radars for IAF, IN and strategic purposes

Details on locally making Long range tracking radars for ABM system

Details on whether ISRO/ DRDO have indigenised the remaining actuators for the LCA
Abhiman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Abhiman »

hi. I may kindly request members attending Aero-India 2007 to inquire about induction plans for SIVA targeting pod, as recently its development was mentioned in speech by Dr. Natarajan.
Thanks.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Abhiman wrote:hi. I may kindly request members attending Aero-India 2007 to inquire about induction plans for SIVA targeting pod, as recently its development was mentioned in speech by Dr. Natarajan.
Thanks.
SIVA is not a targeting pod. Its a multi-purpose pod.
jasmeet
BRFite -Trainee

Post by jasmeet »

I was just wondering can any one do a reporting on AI07 on daily basis main attractions etc for ppl like us who cant visit the show
maitya
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by maitya »

Okay, some *probable* questions for GTRE and MIDHANI folks ... of course, FWIW only!!

For GTRE
-----------
1) What is the *approx* dry thurst, dry SFC and TET achieved by the core (kabini) at 0.9m back in '00 - the one that got successfully tested at high altitude test facility of Central Institute of Aviation Motors in '00?

2) Why did the LP fan for Kaveri progressed from 3-blade to 5-blade fan design? What was the weight penalty and what is the BPR increase due to it?

3) For the current series of Kaveri, are the turbine or the compressor developed using std bolted/screwed concept of attaching blades to the disk or from DS blisks?

4) What exactly are we looking at gaining collaborating with Snecma et all?

For MIDHANI
---------------
Mr. Devasis Chowdhary, MD of MIDHANI has stated in 2005 that a development project (jointly with DRDO) was started to develop SC blades - What is the status of it? Is the lic manfacturing of AL-31FP turbine blades done in India - if so how much of that has helped in this project?

There're quite a bit of info-nuggets hidden in the Kaveri thread (and the archived ones) - pls inform yourself before you go asking these questions. :P
maitya
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by maitya »

JCage wrote: LCA MMR and future plans
JC, I think it's more pertinent to ask what modes of AA got validated while on what modes of AG it's found wanting? And is there any work going on the PSP that LRDE developed but had integration issues with the Radar?

Of course, somebody WILL clarify the radar that's currently integrated with PV-3 ... my bets are on a variant of 2052!! :twisted: :twisted:
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Well ask each & every detail about the MMR! The more details the better, who are we to complain. 8)

If the current radar is a 2052, that raises another bunch of questions and problems.. :oops: :)
KSandy
BRFite -Trainee

Post by KSandy »

If any kind of questions can be stated here then my few to be added.

1. Status of Saras.
2. For the missile section, check any development or anything new regarding 'Kali' and 'Durga'
3. Latest specifications on A2G Brahmos and Submarine version.
4. Current status of the home made aircraft carrier.
5. Whats the status of IAF plans to increase sqdn strength to more then 45 or so.
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

If someone is around Yelahanka - please give a heads-up on camera's -- can they be carried!!

one or two enquiries seem to indicate it is Okay to carry cameras - confirmation required..

looks like SARANG display is on.. Sarangs were seen practising in Yelahanka today.
Drevin
BRFite

Post by Drevin »

yep sarang will continue 8)
most importantly try to find out if snecma will jv with gtre for kaveri completion at the snecma stall 8)
I am sure folk near the shakti stall will have an idea about this.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

rakall wrote:If someone is around Yelahanka - please give a heads-up on camera's -- can they be carried!!

one or two enquiries seem to indicate it is Okay to carry cameras - confirmation required..

looks like SARANG display is on.. Sarangs were seen practising in Yelahanka today.
rakall,

cameras CAN be carried. No one is stopping anyone.
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

Jagan wrote:
rakall wrote:If someone is around Yelahanka - please give a heads-up on camera's -- can they be carried!!

rakall,

cameras CAN be carried. No one is stopping anyone.
Thanks Jagan
Ajay M
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ajay M »

please do watch out for any small scale models of pak-fa present around sukhoi stall ,if they have brought it with them
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Status of IJT, Astra, Nag, Trishul and Akash.
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Vishnu Som flew the F-16. I hope he posts his experiences here. Ratan Tata will fly it on the 8th.
AshishN
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AshishN »

Damn! How many people have flown F16, F18 and MiG29!!! 8)
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

and that too all top notch variants of these legendary machines. Awaiting to see which version of F-16 he will fly.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Tickets in the denominations of Rs 200, Rs 300 and Rs 750 are available at Garuda Mall, Forum Mall and Canara Bank. The Rs 200 and Rs 300 tickets will give access to flying displays only.

http://deccanherald.com/deccanherald/fe ... 200727.asp
Vick
BRFite

Post by Vick »

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

There will be a Jag Darin II cockpit mockup in one of the pavillions. Find it and photograph the cockpit interior.
satnam
BRFite -Trainee

Post by satnam »

1.Guys can somebody get more info on HAL Combat Attack Trainer (CAT) status.
2. Info regarding Pinaka Rockets upgrade

Thanx
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

satnam wrote:1.Guys can somebody get more info on HAL Combat Attack Trainer (CAT) status.
Design studies done, but project not officially launched or funded for full scale engineering development by GOI. The LCA could be a rival, so lets see how that works out.
The article already has all the details. This is NOT the Pinaka or a Pinaka upgrade, its a follow on to the Pinaka, IOW a completely new system with much greater (100 Km) range. The Pinaka is currently on order (2 regiments) and acc. to reports, two more regiments are to be raised in the following five year plan, and then 2 more in the next.
hermes
BRFite -Trainee

entry to the air show

Post by hermes »

To all the BRFites,
I am in Blore now and have the ticket too. "Business visitor" version. But written on the stub of the ticket is a line that I cannot understand.I would be very grateful if any of you could help me with this.

The line says"Not valid if complete Business Visitor permit is not produced."
What does it mean? What documents do I need?
Where do I go to register myself as a business visitor?
Hoping to see all you guys at the BR stall!
Hermes
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

When IGMDP was started Trishul had an anti radar ASM role per WOF. Any progress on that?
rakall
BRFite

Re: entry to the air show

Post by rakall »

hermes wrote:
The line says"Not valid if complete Business Visitor permit is not produced."
What does it mean? What documents do I need?
Where do I go to register myself as a business visitor?

Doesnt mean anything.. it means you have to show the full ticket at the entry gate and not the part of it torn near the perforation..

Dont worry.. keep your full ticket safe and go.. you dont have to register or anything like that..
hermes
BRFite -Trainee

Post by hermes »

Thank You Rakall,
I have brought my PAN card, photograhs and all Identifications necessary as a precaution. Do I need to write anything on the ticket or I should write in front of them?
Hermes
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

Got lucky with an unexpected free ticket around mid-day.. so anyway decided to go today also.. more of a recce mission for my next 2day visits..

HAL stall had a (not so good looking) full scale model of LCH - expected to make firts flight 2008-end +vely.. ACM Tyagi was engaged in a long discussion with Mr.Baweja on what seemed to be aroud the MRTA. RM was given a breifing by Mr.Baweja about MRTA, Darin II jags. Most HAL people were busy with the VVIP visits , so nobody to talk to.

SHornet, Gripen had decent flying displays.. PV3 in a sexy grey camo had a very good flying display too. Su was the outstanding though..

Only tidbit of importance i pickedup today was at the Hawk stall.. Apparently IAF had specifically asked for arms carriage requirement on the Hawk and the concerned work is underway.. Hawk AJT will be able to carry an "IAF specified range" of AA & AG weaponry. Looks like mostly NATO though..

towards the end TD2 was doing some endless display (~15mins) without particularly sticking to the display area.. just seemed as though he was just having fun or showboating..
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Location of BR stall:
Drop in at the BR stall in Hall I (as in India) - Booth 3.12

Just had a talk with fellow BR Admins. Lots of folks visited and had their pics taken.

William Cohen among them. More info from the admins themselves.
Sree
BRFite

Post by Sree »

ramana wrote:

Just had a talk with fellow BR Admins. Lots of folks visited and had their pics taken.

William Cohen? Former US Secretary of Defense? Who let him in, to hob-nob with the likes of BR Admins??

Seriously, guys, Wow!!!!
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Sree wrote:
ramana wrote:

William Cohen? Former US Secretary of Defense? Who let him in, to hob-nob with the likes of BR Admins??

Seriously, guys, Wow!!!!
William Cohen was probably trying to improve the vibes on BR about Amreekan Maal for India. :wink:
Raju

Post by Raju »

Goddamit, Vishnu Shom..that lucky dawg..now has a sortie in a MiG-35.

Apparently the first non-Russian to do so.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

William Cohen was probably trying to improve the vibes on BR about Amreekan Maal for India.
Hope he does not read all the posts in BR :D Anyone remember a positive post about him?