Aerosem-2008

K Mehta
BRFite

Aerosem-2008

Post by K Mehta »

The aero-cluster of DRDO labs in Bangalore is organizing an exhibition of their products as a part of celebration of the golden jubilee of DRDO .
Venue: Aeronautical Development Establishment,
80 ft Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore
Entry through: Indira Gate, Opp: Chinmaya mission hospital
Exhibition Timings
31st Oct: 2pm-6pm
1st and 2nd Nov: 9am-6pm.
Entry is FREE
The advertisement appeared in Newspapers in Bangalore
The photo in the advertisement showed Nishant and Rustom UAVs and Lakshya
LCA, Siva pod, Aerostat radar, Kaveri engine, AEWC, LCA simulator etc.
Request to admins to keep this thread for the coming days till the exhibition is over, if possible sticky it.
Request to folks in Bangalore to take their best cams and flock to this exhibition. We can arrange a mini meet. I am planning to go early on Saturday.
I have scanned the ad, if someone can put it up, i will mail them now.
sombhat
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Aerosem-2008

Post by sombhat »

First glimpses of Rustom, eagerly awaiting :P
vavinash
BRFite

Post by vavinash »

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Will try and be there Sat morning.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

Has anybody attended the exhibition today?
Anybody else interested in attending?

shiv,
sent a mail to you on hotmail.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

Photos from the exhibition
Nishant UAV
Lakshya PTA
Rustom MALE UAV RC Model
Rustom MALE UAV
I havent taken more photos but i have talked with a few people, will post all of it soon.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

To other folks in B'lore, the exhibition is still there tomorrow. Lovely chance for you to take a photo with Rustom UAV.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Had a fairly good time, but spent 30 minutes ranting with the forum organiser regarding photography restrictions - after which they seem to have allowed cellphone photography.

Did a pisko analysis of DRDO which I will post - and got one brochure of Indian AWACS which I will scan and put up.

Interestingly there was an Indian Paveway type guidance kit on display "Sudarshan".

Also theer seem to be several UAVs planed - Med altitude long range and HALE as well .

Mysteriously all were named Rustom - including the fullscale Rutan- design one in the photo - which was also Rustom.

Someone please take pictures of all the Rustoms and the Sudarshan/LGB model.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Thanks for the pics kmehta
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Mysteriously all were named Rustom - including the fullscale Rutan- design one in the photo - which was also Rustom.
Will help a lot in maintaining the usual Yindoo-maya when in testing phase!!! :twisted:
Will always hear about Rustom flight tested just like currently only the Lakshya seems to be always flight tested in ITR...

Thanks a ton for the yeoman service, K Mehta ji.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

K Mehta wrote:Photos from the exhibition
Nishant UAV
The two guys (caretakers?), each sitting under the shadow of one wing, will have to move every five minutes to maintain status quo. I am sure they are not hourly employees.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

anupmisra wrote: The two guys (caretakers?), each sitting under the shadow of one wing, will have to move every five minutes to maintain status quo. I am sure they are not hourly employees.
They are the guys who explain stuff, whom you ask questions to. I am not finding the right word here.

Shiv saar,
I dont think they allowed photography after your "interaction", I think it was allowed inside but people were told outside that its not allowed inside. All you needed to do was act like kishen-kanhaiya and say yes yes outside, switch off your mobiles etc and come in and do whatever you pleased, nobody was asking questions inside.
sum wrote: Will help a lot in maintaining the usual Yindoo-maya when in testing phase!!! :twisted:
Will always hear about Rustom flight tested just like currently only the Lakshya seems to be always flight tested in ITR...

Thanks a ton for the yeoman service, K Mehta ji.
Anytime sumji,
I was confused too and asked questions, the answers confused me more. I dont think it is maya but another DRDO screw up in the making.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

Exhibits displayed:
Nishant UAV
Rustom UAV RC model 1
Rustom UAV RC model 2 (Nice Black coloured one, i forgot to photograph :( )
Rustom UAV
Lakshya PTA
Bhima 1000 Aircraft Weapon Loader
Siva and Tusker Pods
Sudarshan LGB
AEWC Radar components and the antenna unit
ADRDE Pilot system (parachute and other systems)
Parts of Kaveri engine and a 1/3 scale model of kaveri engine with a cutaway.
PTAE-7 engine
Nishant payloads
Naval-LCA arrester hook
DARE avionics for various aircrafts
Tarang RWR and its various sub-systems
Ground systems for Nishant UAV and AEWC

Stuff to watch at the exhibition:
Videos of Rustom’s models’ test flight and of Rustom’s low speed taxi trials
Videos of LCA
Videos on AEWC
Demonstrations inside the ground segments of the UAV and the AEWC.
I am not remembering everyone of them, maybe shivji can enlighten us.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

Things I learnt there include
LCA has completed more than 930 hours of testing, Naval LCA to use EJ200 (Info from the demonstrator)
It has been tested to 1.6 mach and 6g (Info from the Infoboard)
The Rustom UAV prototype’s low speed trials were done on Sept 22 and high speed ones will be done in a couple of weeks followed by flight trials “soon”.
The confusion I mentioned was that I was told that the prototype is the final version of the UAV according to the demonstrator near the Rustom prototype, while it is not the final version according to the demonstrator on the ADE stall and one of the models displayed were going to be the final version. The demonstrator at the stall said that this was a single engine system which did not have the endurance or payload that would meet the SQRs and a twin engine system was needed. The control laws, software testing and other tests were being done on the current model. The models displayed at the stall were all twin engine ones and looked similar to heron or predator. If that is the case, then I find it a bit strange that why they have come this far if this is not going to be the final model.
Let’s hope I am wrong here.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

The exhibition looked like a picnic for DRDO people with the crowd mostly consisting of DRDO people and their families, who wanted their kids to know the kind of stuff they work on. It was in a way a good thing, because lot of people who weren’t volunteers used to walk up and start explaining stuff to their kids, where I used to butt in and ask more about them. A lot of them were taking photos with these different systems and this gave me the chance to use the camera I had brought.
I found a few demonstrators very eager to explain like the ones at Kaveri engine, Sudarshan LGB, ADE stall, the IAF guy at the parachute mannequin, Tarang RWR etc, who went into the nitty gritty of stuff, explained and answered well. The demonstrations inside the ground segments were unique and quite educational. The Bhima-1000 was a hit with kids who were thinking they were riding a car or a tank. It had a horn which worked and that was being used a lot by them.
The Rustom prototype is huge, I havent seen any UAV this big.
The Sudarshan LGB parts looked good except the dumb bomb.
There were a lot of Lady scientists and engineers as demonstrators and seemed to know their stuff well, hats off to them.
The DRDO seems to have quite nice videos of their products but need to put it up on the net to improve their PR. There are lot of people who can now take up some of the crude test videos and make lovely fan-videos of them. DRDO should give these guys a chance by providing them with these raw materials.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Indian AEW 1

Indian AEW 2

Indian AEW 3
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

Shivji,
there was one GTRE brochure too, did you manage to get one?
I have a couple of friends going tomorrow. I have a few requests for hem already, lets see what the new day brings for us.
rad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rad »

The Rustom UAV looks similar to Burt rutan`s LONG EZ microlight a/c without the canopy and the pilot.!!
vavinash
BRFite

Post by vavinash »

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

thanks a lot k mehta and shiv ji.
The Rustom prototype is huge, I havent seen any UAV this big.
which one ? is it in the pics ?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rad wrote:The Rustom UAV looks similar to Burt rutan`s LONG EZ microlight a/c without the canopy and the pilot.!!
Reminds me of a joke in college in which it was said that if you shouted "Venkatesh" near the hostel - 15 people would stick their heads out.

Which Rustom?

The "Rustom" parked outside consisted of two small models of Rutan's design which have been flight tested and a full size model - about 20 feet in length which has undergone taxi trials. This Rustom was stated to have a planned endurance of 12 hours. This is the one

But the Rustom models in the hall (which are planned) were different. They were not based on Rutan's design. One had a front fuselage bulge like the Israeli Heron, but had 2 different versions - one with twin wing mounted engines and a similar one with a Saras-type rear fuselage mounted twin engines. A third Rustom had a twin tailboom like the Nishant.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

^^^
Shiv saar,

Given the sheer variations and size of the various "Rustom" UAVs is it safe to assume that this thing will have a decent payload capability :?:
Also does this mean we can expect in the near future armed "Rustoms" ala Reapers with Helinag and stuff :twisted: :?:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

This was the first exhibition of this sort held by the DRDO - or so it was claimed.

I drove my car up to the gate but was told to find parking "elsewhere". I say this because I deliberately want to point out the blinkered innocence ("Koopamanduka" - "frog in a well" attitude) followed by many in government circles. Bangalore has one Pakistan worth of car sales in a a year and lack of parking for the public in an exhibition area is a serious minus point. The same "frog in well" koopamunduka attitude is shown by my own friends and relatives in Bangalore when they send out an invitation to a housewarming ceremony. they have a map on the back that shows how to get to their spanking new home from the "21B bus stop". Apart from their own cook and driver - nobody else will travel on that bus and nobody knows what 21 B does. But there you are - people living in the past.

You call the public for an exhibition and expect students and young educated techie types to come. they are not going to come in bus 21 B.

After I found parking I tried top go in with a camera and was asked to leave my camera and cellphone outside. I was one of the early visitors - hardly a dozen people had gone in by then and people were already being turned away for carrying cellphones in a city in which everyone = from plumbers assitant to CEO has at least one phone.

I had such a rant at the gate that a senior security officer was summoned after which he said that he would personally keep my camera in his locker but I could take my cellphoe in and instructed the guard not to bother about cellphones with cameras Thsi officer was very polite - but so was I. I was having a polite rant. :shock: He asked me to speak to the exhibition director.

I sought out the organisers and had a long rant. (They were all polite) I told them that
a) On the one hand the DRDO is exhibiting things like DRDO made Paveway type LGB guidance kits and futuristic UAVs.
b) On the other hand DRDO has a bad name in the press.

So I asked, if you guys are doing so much good work why the hell don't you allow cameras in allow people to take photos and spread the word?

Initially I got some of the most absurd replies to this from some of the senior people present:

1) The press are against us so if we allow cameras in they will only give us bad publicity
2) Spies are everywhere and they will send information to enemy nations
3) Bomb blasts have occured in Assam so cameras are insecure.

Naturally - being the oiseaule that I am I did not stop arguing and accept these silly answers.

Once again I informed them of a "koopamanduka" atitude being displayed by people with regard to thsie things. I gave the example of Aero India - which has pretty much the same things displayed, where cameras are allowed. I also pointed out how the Su 30 has been photographed inside out and the pictures are available as a book.

The DRDO people seem to be unaware that they have some friends and some people who are willing to be sympathetic and offer praise where praise is due. Their attitudes appear to be comatose and they seem to have completely missed the internet revolution in which the World Wide Web is used to disseminate information and bypass the traditional press.

Having pushed them into a piskological corner I started getting some more realistic explanations of why they acted like blind men.

I was told that security policies would make lower downs scapegoats if certain rules were transgressed - in other words the blindness is from the top down. Delhi's blindness and koopamanuka-ness is transmitted to all government orgs.

Secondly, it appears that the DRDO has been stung so sooo badly by press attacks that they are now afraid of the press. Instead of going all out to win a press war - they have gone into wound licking mode saying 'We don;t need publicity". This is a seriously bad attitude for the DRDO because it can be taken as an admission that they are ALL worthless nicompoops - which they are not. And with their complete ignorance of how the internet can be used - "blinkered" (koopamandka) is the only word that can express the feeling that I got.

Finally I was once again given a glimpse of a weird attitude that I have previously come across from DRDO types. This is the attitude of a person who has been critcised so badly, and he is so completely clueless about defending himself that he starts reasoning that the criticism is good because it allows his to "secretly" develop things while everyone thinks he is stupid and that he can suddenly come out and show his brilliance.

This, sadly is the attitude of a defeated person.I have seen more than one DRDO person saying this and it means that the press has successfully bashed the morale of the DRDO into the ground. This is sad because many young and middle level people are sincere and have worked hard to develop thousands of sub systems. The lack of vision in not allowing cameras prevetnts the wider world from finding out what those sub-systems are, while the fear of the press makes the DRDO think that they do not need publicity, what's worse is that they feel they have no friends and that any publicity will be bad.

In other words India has in this day and age taken thousands of young enginers, made them work and created an untouchable underclass out of them making them feel apologetic and hounded for working for the DRDO.

If this is not crass leadership and a callous public and press - I don't know what it is. In my view - it is just plain wrong. India cannot afford to do this to its own people.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Anand Barve wrote:^^^

Given the sheer variations and size of the various "Rustom" UAVs is it safe to assume that this thing will have a decent payload capability :?:
We must live in hope. The payload of the Rutan Rustom on display outside was quoted as 75 kg. I thought this was low - but I was too busy having a rant about other things to pay attention. I also thought I heard the range as 250 km - but for a thing to fly 12 hours AND have a range of 250 km - it must fly at less than 25 kmph. I was told that both wings had fuel tanks and that the cockpit had been replaced by more fuel tank.

Something does not gel and either my rant filled mind was not paying attention or there are some serious goof-ups in the figures being quoted. We will have to wait for others to reconfirm.

Having said all that I entered a little mobile electronic display filled vehicle with a strange label (can't recall - this is where a camera would have helped.) It turned out that this was a testing vehicle that was filled with systems to test the functions of various systems on a UAV. So what we seem to be looking at are not complete UAV systems but experimental UAVs with systems that need to be tested and validated.

Lots of nifty software was being displayed in various stalls for image/information retrieval and manipulation. I am no good at the tech details but I did ask whether they were Windows based or not. I discovered that some were Windows based and others were Linux based. I guess I cannot reach any specific conclusions about standardization, security and reliability from these disparate observations - although I am tempted to ask questions.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

shiv wrote:This was the first exhibition of this sort held by the DRDO - or so it was claimed.
Shiv ji,
I think the govt is to blame more for the bad publicity that DRDO has recieved. Given that us being a democracy the babus dont have full control over the press that can be a good and a bad thing as displayed in this case.
DRDO is about R&D not every thing is going to be an outstanding success, however with every step that they take they learn more and more about the next steps to be taken.
IMHO the babus have criticised DRDO for their failures but they (DRDO) are never applauded the way they should be for their successes, the yindu press just acts as a catalyst in this case and makes the babus comments even more public and negative. The guys at DRDO get paid a "LOT" less than private industries, a good friend of mine who is an aeronautical engineer who graduated from nashik and was working for DRDO has now gone in the private industry and is getting paid more than twice the salary hes was getting.
India is currently developing the critical technologies (LCA, ATV, etc) that the goras have been doing for a long time, it is going to take a bit of time before it is perfected, but the talent that DRDO has is immense and if the govt gets fully behind the DRDO I think it would be quite safe to assume that they will tackle this challenges and provide some very impressive results over and top of what they are already doing.

On the topic of op-systems and softwares I think the Linux would be a better system as it would be more stable, customisable to one's needs IMHO.
Also given its size 75kg and 250km range sounds very low, I would also hope that they thing should be able to carry a fair bit more than that.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Anand Barve wrote:
DRDO is about R&D not every thing is going to be an outstanding success, however with every step that they take they learn more and more about the next steps to be taken.
IMHO the babus have criticised DRDO for their failures but they (DRDO) are never applauded the way they should be for their successes, the yindu press just acts as a catalyst in this case and makes the babus comments even more public and negative. The guys at DRDO get paid a "LOT" less than private industries, a good friend of mine who is an aeronautical engineer who graduated from nashik and was working for DRDO has now gone in the private industry and is getting paid more than twice the salary hes was getting.
Anand you are dead right. Unfortunately it requires an education to understand the things you say, but t requires no education to be critical.

A multitude of factors are coming together to actually make DRDO people feel small - for no fault of their own. This really needs some serious introspection on our part and on the part of the powers that be in government.

The government, and many in the armed forces play a role in being scathingly critical of our own. There is a difference between constructive criticism and scathing contempt. Constructive criticism allows for credit when it is due. Contempt is a state of mind. Indians have been contemptuous of their own - and heading the list have been the government - many of whom are uneducated or half educated.

This is plain wrong. The training and ability to do research is the pinnacle of any education process. You get your school pass first, and then your degree and then your postgraduate degree and only after that you get a PhD that demands research work. When the lower downs in the education order cannot understand the needs and problems faced by the educated in a research field you have the foundation of a third class nation. That is what Indians seem to want.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

hearing all this it seems rustom is Indian for UAV ! :mrgreen:
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Nothing on the MMR and Astra in the exhibition?
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Shiv saar,
The rustom seems quite familiar to the dominator uav that the yehudis displayed in aero india 05

http://www.acig.org/artman/uploads/dominator.jpg

www.israeli-weapons.com/.../dominator_2.jpg
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

75 kg payload may be when max amount of fuel is carried.

250km range is due to direct radio link range.

shiv wrote:
Anand Barve wrote:^^^

We must live in hope. The payload of the Rutan Rustom on display outside was quoted as 75 kg. I thought this was low - but I was too busy having a rant about other things to pay attention. I also thought I heard the range as 250 km - but for a thing to fly 12 hours AND have a range of 250 km - it must fly at less than 25 kmph. I was told that both wings had fuel tanks and that the cockpit had been replaced by more fuel tank.

Something does not gel and either my rant filled mind was not paying attention or there are some serious goof-ups in the figures being quoted. We will have to wait for others to reconfirm.

Having said all that I entered a little mobile electronic display filled vehicle with a strange label (can't recall - this is where a camera would have helped.) It turned out that this was a testing vehicle that was filled with systems to test the functions of various systems on a UAV. So what we seem to be looking at are not complete UAV systems but experimental UAVs with systems that need to be tested and validated.

Lots of nifty software was being displayed in various stalls for image/information retrieval and manipulation. I am no good at the tech details but I did ask whether they were Windows based or not. I discovered that some were Windows based and others were Linux based. I guess I cannot reach any specific conclusions about standardization, security and reliability from these disparate observations - although I am tempted to ask questions.
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

shiv wrote:
rad wrote:The Rustom UAV looks similar to Burt rutan`s LONG EZ microlight a/c without the canopy and the pilot.!!
Reminds me of a joke in college in which it was said that if you shouted "Venkatesh" near the hostel - 15 people would stick their heads out.

Which Rustom?

The "Rustom" parked outside consisted of two small models of Rutan's design which have been flight tested and a full size model - about 20 feet in length which has undergone taxi trials. This Rustom was stated to have a planned endurance of 12 hours. This is the one

But the Rustom models in the hall (which are planned) were different. They were not based on Rutan's design. One had a front fuselage bulge like the Israeli Heron, but had 2 different versions - one with twin wing mounted engines and a similar one with a Saras-type rear fuselage mounted twin engines. A third Rustom had a twin tailboom like the Nishant.
Any chance of Pics even from Cell phones?

Massive efforts on for UAV it seems. There was an old report posted on BRF (can't locate link now) which said that Navy wants two engined prop UAVs. May be effort in that direction. Testing / designing 3 different HALEs is interesting.

I think that lot of Israeli help is being kept quietLike the missile SAMHO or CLGM just fell out of the sky. SUNDARSHAN also looks a lot like Griffin-3. But why then count the trees till we have the mangoes. Up for DRDO.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Nothing wrong in having many "Rustoms" as long as they work, just like the title "Rustom-e-hind". Its a tradition in India. There were (are?) many Rustom-e-hind title holders, including, I think, Dara Singh. I beieve the porkis have one too. :D
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

Their are atleast 2 versions of single engine Rutan style Rustom with MTOW of 600kg and 750kg. Now it seems that their are another 3 versions of two engined new designs of UAVs. Adding 2 versions of Nishant, it means that DRDO is working on atleast 7 prop UAVs apart from NURAV, PTA etc
Vikram_S
BRFite

Post by Vikram_S »

there is only one Rustam.

burt rutan design aircraft is testbed for mAle technologies. it will be demonstrated to the user and then the final rustom design will be made clear (using concurrent engineering, it is possible to incorporate change on final version in parallel). but the actual rustom (2x engines) will have aerodynamic cleared by first prototype (1X engine) while the mustache UAV is used to perfect technology. there r no 7-10 uavs. only 3-4 designs. improved version of nishant, HALE, MALE and other lighter weight one.
Vikram_S
BRFite

Post by Vikram_S »

Raj Malhotra wrote:I think that lot of Israeli help is being kept quietLike the missile SAMHO or CLGM just fell out of the sky. SUNDARSHAN also looks a lot like Griffin-3. But why then count the trees till we have the mangoes. Up for DRDO.
thedre is no istaeli help for samho or sudarshan. both are local designs. sudarshan is still in tests and will take time to final. if you see bharatdynamics had mentioned sudarshanm project 2 years back only. from isreal for uav, we will buy system like SAR radar and very long range thermal imager. this is also possible to be replaced by own designs in future.
Vikram_S
BRFite

Post by Vikram_S »

K Mehta wrote:Shivji,
I have a couple of friends going tomorrow. I have a few requests for hem already, lets see what the new day brings for us.
sir, do uhave anything on aerostat radar, DARe avionics, ground systems of aewc and uav
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

The point I was trying to make that DRDO is working on wide range of platforms and Off course, they will select the best one. :)

Vikram_S wrote:there is only one Rustam.

burt rutan design aircraft is testbed for mAle technologies. it will be demonstrated to the user and then the final rustom design will be made clear (using concurrent engineering, it is possible to incorporate change on final version in parallel). but the actual rustom (2x engines) will have aerodynamic cleared by first prototype (1X engine) while the mustache UAV is used to perfect technology. there r no 7-10 uavs. only 3-4 designs. improved version of nishant, HALE, MALE and other lighter weight one.
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

Frankly I don't care, till DRDO gets the things working.
Vikram_S wrote:
Raj Malhotra wrote:I think that lot of Israeli help is being kept quietLike the missile SAMHO or CLGM just fell out of the sky. SUNDARSHAN also looks a lot like Griffin-3. But why then count the trees till we have the mangoes. Up for DRDO.
thedre is no istaeli help for samho or sudarshan. both are local designs. sudarshan is still in tests and will take time to final. if you see bharatdynamics had mentioned sudarshanm project 2 years back only. from isreal for uav, we will buy system like SAR radar and very long range thermal imager. this is also possible to be replaced by own designs in future.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vikram_S wrote:there is only one Rustam.

Ah this makes things a little clearer. I do hope they buck up and get going - but I suspect that not a lot can happen till that UAV testing area near Bellary or wherever is commissioned - I can hardly imagine that they will test UAVs out of HAL airport in Bangalore.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

K Mehta wrote:Shivji,
Sadly - this brochure business seemed to me to be a bit like weddings in my family. The traditional wedding function is typically mid morning at which time people pour in to bless the couple and cross them off their "available" lists. But only family members are marked out for gifts - i.e. family members get some gift or the other - typically a sari for women.

In Aerosem as well as Aero India few brochures are made for the public to take away. Brochures are hoarded and handed with great ceremony to visitors from other governmental departments and from the services - i.e just like my family weddings - only family qualify for the goodies.

On the one hand DRDO complains of poor publicity and tries to keep away the emdia. But doesn't anyone have the sense or foresight to spend a little bit on a brochure that a school or college type can understand or relate to?

I will scan another brochure and put it up. I am afraid I haven't read it as yet - so boring do I find the info in that brochure. Maybe I am stupid - but I am no more stupid than an average citizen and it it bores me it is likely to bore the average senior school child. Surely our greatest scientific minds who are making all this fancy stuff, and who invite schoolchildren in busloads to such an exhibition can design a brochure that is readable and informative rather than complaining of poor publicity, keeping cameras/media away and sharing boring brochures with other members of their own PSU family?

It's not as though there are incapable people. It is possible to make attractive readable material - as anyone who looks at a modern CBSE textbook will attest. Heck I'm only asking for an informative brochure. An exhibition means publicity and sharing information. Sharing information means providing that information in an understandable and memorable format. Do you make a public exhibition for PSU heads or for the public. Why call the public if only PSU heads need to get the most out of the exhibition

< end rant >