AeroIndia 2011

vasu_ray
BRFite

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by vasu_ray »

if anybody is interested, Would like to know about HAL's plans for FAA and European certification for Dhruv, they have been saying it for sometime now
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

All right, can we have a tentative list of who is in station for aero india on which day. And is interested in a meet. Leave a post here and also send me an e mail at DJVIGNESH in Gmail's domain... will try my best to arrange a meeting place...
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

rakall wrote:
Kartik wrote:K Prasad, am really hoping that if you go, you'd give the same type of excellent reports that you gave during AI-09.
I second that.. was wondering where you had disappeared K.Prasad..

You collected really good info.. I had planned to attend the seminar this year, but I cannot be in Bangalore during that time.. It will be really great for BR if K.Prasad can attend..

otherwise - can Kartik or Vina attend?

Katik, KPrasad, Vina - can you plz email me at band318 at gee mail dot com
Hello good sirs... I wont be able to make it to the seminar this time, unfortunately. For one, its way too expensive. But also, I'll be up north at that time, and will be back in the city just in time for AI11, which I intend to attend on the business days (preferably the last biz day) :-).

As for reasons for disappearance, its the usual issue of real life sometimes requiring loads more attention.

Will try to collect as much info this time.
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

k prasad wrote:
rakall wrote:

You collected really good info.. I had planned to attend the seminar this year, but I cannot be in Bangalore during that time.. It will be really great for BR if K.Prasad can attend..

Hello good sirs... I wont be able to make it to the seminar this time, unfortunately. For one, its way too expensive. But also, I'll be up north at that time, and will be back in the city just in time for AI11, which I intend to attend on the business days (preferably the last biz day) :-).

As for reasons for disappearance, its the usual issue of real life sometimes requiring loads more attention.

Will try to collect as much info this time.
hello KP - Please email me at the above email ID !!!! Or leave a note here with your email ID..
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

rakall wrote:

Rakall, I don't live in India, so unfortunately, cannot attend. Are you planning on attending ?
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

Kartik wrote:
rakall wrote:

Rakall, I don't live in India, so unfortunately, cannot attend. Are you planning on attending ?
Hi Kartik,

if I was in India, I would not miss it for anything.. However I will be travelling due to work for a few months which includes Feb11 - So I cannot make it.. Thats why I feel it is very important to have KPrasad attend.. if KPrasad contacts me I will talk to him and see what we can do..

even before Unnithan brought out K15, B05 designations in IndiaToday, it was KPrasad who published it first on BR after attending VKS's talk during AI09.. KP was excellent in making notes & publishing it on BR, so lets see what we can do after talking to him..
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

shukla
BRFite

Post by shukla »

VinayG
BRFite

Post by VinayG »

Smartest fighter likely at Aero India

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/smart ... a/741854/0
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

F-22 raptor at Aero India 2011!

Fact or fiction?
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

some body tell me .. what is the diff between
1:Business visitor and General visitor....
2:any one can take the business visitor ticket by paying 1000 rs .... or he/she need to produce some other ID
3:what are the advantages of Business ticket over general visitor ticket....
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

jimmy_moh wrote:some body tell me .. what is the diff between
2:any one can take the business visitor ticket by paying 1000 rs .... or he/she need to produce some other ID
Business visitor:

1. Pays way more than general visitor
2. Has access to AI on business days, i.e., 9-11th as well
3. Has access to hangers (exhibition areas) apart from ADVA
4. No id required, pay the moolah and buy the ticket
5. Business visitor is multiple entry with same ticket (multiple as in multiple days)
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

jimmy_moh wrote:some body tell me .. what is the diff between
:arrow: http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 0#p1007800
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Gagan wrote:F-22 raptor at Aero India 2011!

Fact or fiction?
my guess is fiction . They are just saying they might, and probably wont at the last minute.
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

sir can general visitor buy the business tickets ???

also are the tickets gonna sell online or at some place in banglore any tip where ???
( i am visited from somewhere else & i don't want the ticket buying queue to spoil the fun of aeroindia)

please help :!:
Shrinivas
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Shrinivas »

Hello Sir,

I bought a general visitor ticket (Rs.500/-)online today for the last day of the show, but I realised that I will need a business class ticket for sat & sun for my family. I checked on their website for cancellation. The money has been deducted from my acct & I got a receipt as well.

I want to cancel the ticket I have bought, please could you advice how do I go about getting this refunded and canceled? Can this be done at SBI? Please advice.

Thanks,
Shrinivas
--
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Have the banks which are selling the tickets been disclosed?

Can we register as business visitor and buy multiple tickets ( since a small group wants to visit the AI2011)?
sarkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarkar »

I made a payment of 500 for general visitor but haven't got any confirmation mail or sms..
after making the payment the recipt page was showing weird values like..
payment amount = 50000 .. :-/
will i get the entry pass on showing my identity proof..
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

sum wrote:Have the banks which are selling the tickets been disclosed?
Yes. the list of SBI outlets where passes will be issued is on the main page of the official AI-11 website. They'll starting issuing from tomorrow(ie 27th).
sum wrote:Can we register as business visitor and buy multiple tickets ( since a small group wants to visit the AI2011)?
Yes. But, you'll need to bring identity proofs of your friends for whom you will be buying the passes.
vipins
BRFite

Post by vipins »

HAL AeroIndia 2011 poster at BIAL

Click for high resolution pic
parikh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by parikh »

For business visitor https://www.aeroindia.in/BusinessVisito ... gPage.aspx point 11. says

<quote>11. Ticket Cost per person per day : </quote>

Can the aero india regulars re confirm if one days pass can be used for the next day.
While buying online there was no mention on any date of visit etc.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Yes. But, you'll need to bring identity proofs of your friends for whom you will be buying the passes.
Thanks a ton for the info
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The website of AI is a complete disgrace, and we call ourselves an IT powerhouse!!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Dileep wrote:The website of AI is a complete disgrace, and we call ourselves an IT powerhouse!!
Actually Dileep I think we attend Aero India because we love aircraft. But this goes unrecognized by the government apparatus that does not give a rats ass for enthusiasts. You need to see the arrogance and untouchable distance maintained by the snooty government babu in charge of Aero India - a person who has an office in one of the hangars during the show.

Fortunately it has not yet reached the Tirupati level where temple guards push you past the deity with shouts of "jaragandi" or sunk to the depths of the Lalbagh flower show here baton wielding guards whistle inside your ear if you should look at a flower for more than 2 milliseconds. But iit may well get there.

A lot of the competence that emerges from India is not conscious and deliberate, but a function of probability. The probability of getting an Einstein like brain or Sachin Tendulkar like player is greater from among 500 million people than among say 10 million.

That website has been giving me security warnings and that is why I did not want to risk doing anything online. It is a total disgrace.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Well, we used to quip that development at Kochi happen 'despite government'.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

they have created a site to webcast the seminars

http://aeroindialive.nic.in/
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

shiv wrote:A lot of the competence that emerges from India is not conscious and deliberate, but a function of probability. The probability of getting an Einstein like brain or Sachin Tendulkar like player is greater from among 500 million people than among say 10 million.
Image .... basically "luck".
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Can some one help me with how does one go about booking online for AeroIndia as Business Visitor for Weekdays.

Their website would not allow me to specify the days on which I would like to make a visit.

So is 1500 Rs ticket is valid for all weekdays or do i need to buy 2 tickets without specifying the days for 2 weekdays visit.

I fear getting ripped by GOI of my money without getting any thing in return in worst case :D
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Today I went to the Koramangala branch of SBI. Unsurprisingly they don't have a clue on AI 2011 tickets. Claim they were not informed. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing :-D
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Weekdays is for all days (not sure if it includes weekends), and weekends is for Saturday and Sunday only.
Marten my concern was when you book it online it does not give you the option to specify the days you would want to visit , so you just have to enter your personal identification details and the next option is to pay Rs 1500 , so this ticket is valid for one day all all weekdays , it does not specify the day , so if I want to visit 2 days of the event do i need to pay it twice and get two tickets ?
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Austin wrote: Marten my concern was when you book it online it does not give you the option to specify the days you would want to visit , so you just have to enter your personal identification details and the next option is to pay Rs 1500 , so this ticket is valid for one day all all weekdays , it does not specify the day , so if I want to visit 2 days of the event do i need to pay it twice and get two tickets ?
Yes. The ticket is valid for all weekdays but you can visit only on one day, as the pass mentions per person/per day. If you want to visit on 2 days then you'll have to buy two passes.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Ok some news here:
http://twitter.com/AdrennaPR
Proud to reveal Adrenna's association with Red Bull's Flying Bulls, coming to India for the 1st time ever..Bangalore Aero Show: 9-13 Feb!!
I googled on it & DNA Confirms the news ✈ http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/repor ... ia_1499934

So does their website ✈ Image
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Arms majors to show off wares in Bangalore
As many as 380 foreign companies are all set to display their wares during Aero-India 2011 at Bangalore, which kicks off on February 9. "It represents a 25% jump in foreign participation from the last Aero-India in 2009. Moreover, there will be 29 exhibiting countries, 70 visiting countries and eight countries with their own pavilions," said a defence ministry official.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

The website mentions only 9-12th as business visitor days. Will the weekends ticket for business visitor be valid for 13th ( Sunday) ? :-?
ranjithnath
BRFite

Post by ranjithnath »

so LCA MK2 model will be on display!! :D
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

guys i just booked my ticket through on line........ it created lot of confusion for me
1:after payment it shows booked amount as 50000... WTH is this
2:we supposed get the ticket from SBI right.. so what i need to show to SBI to avail the ticket...
3:and on the event day.. am planning to visit on 13th feb.. which are the thing i neeed to produce... only ticket and the ID card will be enough right.....
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

hain ji... :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tejas Formation Flights during the Inaugural Day (09th Feb 2011 Fore Noon)

Tejas Flight displays every day,

During the Forenoon (1030-1100 hours) & During the Afternoon (1430 – 1500 hours)
some pents will be wet across LoC

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

jimmy, I believe you can take the ID and the secret number to the counter to get the pass. The banks are selling the passes only. They will not issue passes for your online purchase.

At least that is what I understand, but I am very well anticipating to see a babu/pandu barking that one must go back to the city, find a bank and get the passes in order to get in, given the utter stupidity and incompetence that rules the web site.