AeroIndia 2011

jai
BRFite

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by jai »

Sid wrote:
bijeet wrote:At Aero India, China, Iran blacked out, US No. 1 guest - IE

We should have at least invited China/Iran. Would be nice to see made-in-china-painted-in-pakistan JF-17s.

At the end of day we are "the" good guys, right :mrgreen:
Actually, might have been a good idea IMO. Invite the Chinese to display the JF 20, J 10's etc etc....would have woken up the sleeping beauties in MOD/GOI who sit on defense files...and given us a chance to take a closer look :wink:
ashmaharaj

Post by ashmaharaj »

Hi

I am Ashwin from Chennai. Can any one confirm if it is safe to do the online registration and just bring the Id to the venue and collect my entry pass. I am planning to visit on thursday and would be coming straight from the station to Yelahanka
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

ashmaharaj wrote:Hi

I am Ashwin from Chennai. Can any one confirm if it is safe to do the online registration and just bring the Id to the venue and collect my entry pass. I am planning to visit on thursday and would be coming straight from the station to Yelahanka
i dont think so.. you need to get the pass from SBI...
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

According to the helpline, they encourage to get the pass from SBI, but they said there will be a counter at the venue to pick up the card as well.

Question: What docs are needed if you get your friend to pick up the pass from the bank, after you book online?
Boreas
BRFite

Post by Boreas »

bijeet wrote:At Aero India, China, Iran blacked out, US No. 1 guest - IE
The organisers have implemented strict regulations for issuing At Aero India, China, Iran out, US is No 1 guest of tickets and passes for the show — marketed as ‘Asia’s premier air show’ — that will effectively bar any Chinese national from entering the premises.

This will put the country in the same category as Pakistan. Iran nationals, however, will be able to able to purchase tickets and attend the show.

Why Iran got blacklisted????

TSP and Panda is understandable. but Iran!! Last time I checked we had a friendly posture towards Iranians :!: :?:
khukri
BRFite

Post by khukri »

TSP and Panda is understandable. but Iran!! Last time I checked we had a friendly posture towards Iranians :!:
The answer is in the headline "The US is guest No. 1"
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

shiv wrote:
Marten wrote:Are you Gurus planning any meets at all?

There is a small possibility that I may be able to host an impromptu get together at my residence. No promises yet - I am still suffering from children's exams and engagements but Saturday evening, 12 Feb might be a good time. Will get back confirming this or saying no within the next 24 hours.

Ok I can offer my place between 5 PM and 10 PM on Saturday the 12th of Feb for a meet. Because a formal dinner and drinks causes many pricing complications - especially for non boozers, younger members and other hassles - I will not arrange dinner or liquor. Anyone who wants to drink is welcome to bring liquor. I will arrange glasses and some stuff to go with the booze and a place to sit and talk. This year I have not invited anyone special. It is usually difficult to get people because the usual mil-aviation types are always otherwise engaged with something or the other during Aero India. But I will see if I can call some interesting people.

Those interested can call me if you have my number, or email me on bennedose at hotmail dawt com and leave a message here. I hardly check that email id.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

I'm in for the meet of course. Sent you email at the id mentioned above.
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

Another U.S. major, always found Goodrich interesting.. ;-)

Goodrich to Showcase Advanced Aerospace, Defense Systems at Aero India 2011
Boreas
BRFite

Post by Boreas »

khukri wrote:TSP and Panda is understandable. but Iran!! Last time I checked we had a friendly posture towards Iranians :!:
The answer is in the headline "The US is guest No. 1"
This is insane.. Iran is a natural ally to counter Pakis, to safeguard our interests in OPEC, we have common interests in Afghanistan!! :roll:

First India voted against them in IAEA twice now this! All for Unkil who is keeping his eyes closed while TSP is stockpiling nukes.

Its surprising and shocking and stupid. What kind of foreign policy is that! Kicking old friends for new!

*Sorry OT (but still its insane)
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

it says :

>> Iran nationals, however, will be able to able to purchase tickets and attend the show.
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

I'm definitely planning to attend any BR meet. I've been having major computer issues, which is why I've been absent from this thread.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

lots of growling noises above HAL apt these days. the IJT is practising its routine every afternoon....some long horizontal circles and figure 8s and one vertical loop. not too aggressive and understandable given its pre-IOC status and not being designed for flashy moves but stable trainer.

from 2km away at certain angles, it just vanishes from eyesight to reappear again when sun shines on white paint . makes me think once Tejas is painted blue-grey camo it will be very hard to spot for manpad shooters.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

lots of growling noises above HAL apt these days. the IJT is practising its routine every afternoon....some long horizontal circles and figure 8s and one vertical loop. not too aggressive and understandable given its pre-IOC status and not being designed for flashy moves but stable traine
Yes. Yes. I saw the YellCeeYea do two circuits just a few mins ago coming in from south and turning right over HAL. Maybe it too is on a practice routine ?
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

This will be Boeing's biggest Aero India as yet.. Boeing Reveals Massive Presence at Aero India 2011
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

shiv wrote:

Those interested can call me if you have my number, or email me on bennedose at hotmail dawt com and leave a message here. I hardly check that email id.

count me in - will try and rope in our gora regulars- know one is defintely coming
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

UK sending high-level team to Aero India show

A Russian splash in Bangalore, sans MiG-35
Can the absence of Russia’s main hope to win this promising tender be explained by the pragmatism of cost cutting? Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG confirmed that. They say that MiG-35 passed all necessary tests, including armament tests, in India. Aviation experts from Delhi spent many weeks in Moscow and at the MiG facilities, familiarised themselves with the technology and manufacturing equipment and received all the documents required for them to make the right decision. Therefore, there is no point in spending more money to demonstrate its excellent flight and handling qualities yet again at the Bangalore exhibition. We would not be able to show anything fundamentally new.
karan_mc
BRFite

Post by karan_mc »

Aerobatic team Surya Kiran set to fly into sunset

Is it because IJT are not yet inducted in IAF or due to all the haywire which went in producing Bae Hawks AJT ?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

VinodTK wrote:..A Russian splash in Bangalore, sans MiG-35.. We would not be able to show anything fundamentally new.
interesting.. it is sad indeed, that they are not challenged by their super counter part "prospective offers".
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

is it possible to know.. what all are the events will be there on each and every day.....
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I believe each day 10-12.30 and 2.30-5 there will be flying shows. its not published yet if all shows will be held in all slots or just some a/c will fly in particular slots. for example tejas might fly once only a day either in morning or evening. on 1st day there will be only one flying show (2.30-5)

serious growling noises from HAL apt again - looks like practise is on.

TOI reports tickets for flying display / static lineup will be available onsite or in forum/garuda malls on production of ID for 400(weekday) and 500(weekend).
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Please ask about the last bomb run by the LCA which we discussed so much. Thanks ramana
Boreas
BRFite

Post by Boreas »

just saw a tejas roming above bellandur.. it took a vertical circle then turned left finished one and half horizontal circles.. and vanished in clouds..
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

^^
sir ji, do share you delightful moments with Tejas in pictures/videos.

Best season for DSLR owners in Bangalore.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

One of my spotter friend who lives in the approach path of rwy 14 Mumbai just reported 2 F-16s arriving.

He couldnt make out the Country or Block as he rushed to see what the loud noise was & the solah had just gone-by,
Either USAF or UAE ofcourse, have told him to be on the lookout for an accompanying KC135 which ideally should be behind it.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

They are here awfully early... The show is still a full 5 days away... Are they going to be doing any flying displays??
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Are they going to be doing any flying displays??
Duh! :wink:

In early for familiarization & practice before the Airshow days.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Many pranams Jolaparaji,
Forgive this mango abdul's poor memory... I had forgot about them taking part in the flying display...
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

Hi guys
see all of you on 10th feb at aero 2011
looking forard to it

by the way do i have to carry my passport for entry or pancard will do since have already the business pass
please some one confirm
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Pan Card or any Govt issued Photo ID will do.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

thanks -becasue they asked for address details during ticket purchase s0 just confirmed
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Shankar wrote:Hi guys
see all of you on 10th feb at aero 2011
looking forard to it

by the way do i have to carry my passport for entry or pancard will do since have already the business pass
please some one confirm
Carry the same one that you used for buying the ticket.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

krishna_j wrote:
shiv wrote: Those interested can call me if you have my number, or email me on bennedose at hotmail dawt com and leave a message here. I hardly check that email id.
count me in - will try and rope in our gora regulars- know one is defintely coming
Damn, might be at AI that day...will miss the meet!!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

sum wrote: Damn, might be at AI that day...will miss the meet!!
You live so nearby and the meet will be 5 PM to 10 PM. You can come.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Sure,will try to do so, Shiv-saar.
( if i have not fallen off after loitering in the sun for the whole day( plan to be there from 9 to 5) and standing in a mile long queue for a morsel of food/water :(( :(( )

Have mailed you at the garam-patr address mentioned in your earlier post....
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

sum wrote:Sure,will try to do so, Shiv-saar.
( if i have not fallen off after loitering in the sun for the whole day( plan to be there from 9 to 5) and standing in a mile long queue for a morsel of food/water :(( :(( )

True the show is a killer - literally.
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

shiv wrote:
sum wrote:Sure,will try to do so, Shiv-saar.

True the show is a killer - literally.
After attending so many of these you're well and truly, a lucky survivor! :mrgreen:
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

A quick question-
If I want buy the business ticket at SBI (pay cash at), do I need to register first at the site first (or is it only for those buying online) or can I go directly? Also any heads up on the Malleswaram branch?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

just back from a pickup at BIAL. the road to bial/yelehanka is a fairly hellacious stretch - full of traffic signals that turn red just as you approach. small signboards are placed showing the different entry gates for categories of visitors into the base. the highway wall has been raised to block any peeping toms and further ahead a huge earthen berm put up. there is also metro construction going on for a couple km that makes the road 2 lane each way.

goint to BIAL took 90 mins, coming back at 6.30pm took 2 hrs!!

some trucks carrying exhibition hall materials were parked along road.

coming back one thickset gora with a id badge was waiting on the roadside - perhaps his buddies had left him to finish up without any vehicle and left. he was probably waiting for a bus.