AeroIndia 2011

adityeah
BRFite -Trainee

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by adityeah »

they made me wait at the Aero India registration counter for the pass. time spend on getting my pass:- 2 hours 35 mins and 12 seconds only
It is so sad that big organizations like DRDO and CII can't manage a public event. I shudder to think what is going to be my fate tomorrow. In any case, I think the ideal thing should be to leave by 7-7:30 AM.

ashmaharaj, Yes, I am going to be there tomorrow morning.
ashmaharaj

Post by ashmaharaj »

aditya drop me a mail at ashmaharaj27in@gmail.com. I am coming down down from chennai.Probably we can go together from bangalore
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

Last edited by SriSri on 09 Feb 2011 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
sarkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarkar »

i registered for normal visitor.. but never received any unique id in email.. hvn't saved the receipt page also.. :(
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

sarkar wrote:i registered for normal visitor.. but never received any unique id in email.. hvn't saved the receipt page also.. :(
you should have saved the page.. i dont thing we will get any mail.....
Drishyaman
BRFite

Post by Drishyaman »

Guys from Bangaluru... You must have had a great day today. But where are the Photographs ? Only SriSri has uploaded as of now.
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

@Drishyaman, I'm not especially skilled with the camera so I am as well waiting for better photos to be posted by the experts!

If anyone's having troubles with the Picasa URL, here's a dedicated URL which I know will work 100% - http://www.india-defence.com/reports-5004
jayasimha
BRFite

Post by jayasimha »

- I was eagerly waiting and watching the "national channels" for any footage or coverage of the flying display air show. It was relay disappointing just to see few clips and interview of some foreign suppliers. The coverage given is not worth for “India's biggest air show " , “ largest ever being held in South Asia “ , “ with 675 exhibitors, 380 from 29 countries and 295 domestic firms “

- sponsor will gain a lot if there is a live coverage of the flying display.

- TV channels can bring in experts in the field of aviation as their commentators and highlight all that are displayed.
joyous
BRFite -Trainee

Post by joyous »

Hi,

I've bought the Rs. 500 General visitor tickets for this Saturday/Sunday for the airshow. However, i want to go for tomorrow (Thursday) since the crowds are low and it would be a nice break. I have been going to the airshow since it's second iteration and don't want to miss this one.

Also, taking some friends along who can't make this weekend and feel guilty about buying wrong ticket. The guy at the ADE SBI branch said this ticket ticket is valid for Weekend also since it is a 500 ticket and he had a makeshift printout sating that the same. Is this true? Can i go tomorrow with this ticket? Please help guys. The airtel number on the Contact us page of the aeroindia website is also switched off.

Also, promise to be regular on this forum :)

Thanks!!!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

jayasimha wrote:- I was eagerly waiting and watching the "national channels" for any footage or coverage of the flying display air show. It was relay disappointing just to see few clips and interview of some foreign suppliers. The coverage given is not worth for “India's biggest air show " , “ largest ever being held in South Asia “ , “ with 675 exhibitors, 380 from 29 countries and 295 domestic firms “

- sponsor will gain a lot if there is a live coverage of the flying display.

- TV channels can bring in experts in the field of aviation as their commentators and highlight all that are displayed.
Absolutely correct Jayasimha. I have watched so many "specials" in the UK about the Farnborough Air show and the Paris Air show. With hundreds of TV channels I am amazed that not one of them has the interest to go and cover this show. And airshows have been on in Bangalore every 2 years since 1993! 18 years and not a single event has been covered on TV. is that stupid or is that stupid? I tell ya - these guys will cover complete crap - I find 25 TV channel vans outside the chief minister's residence near the race course when all he does is shed a few tears and says there's a conspiracy against him. But an event like this? Nothing. :shock: We are a nation of ignorant buffoons.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

photos of black magic lemons smeared with sindoor and pricked with pins apparently are more important to the nation.
Shrinivas
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Shrinivas »

Hello All,

Please note: all those who have only received one liner with the unique registration code(ppl who have bought tickets online). I had bought the Rs. 500/- ticket for sunday on 27th Jan & I received the email from Aero India only 2day. It has the unique id and few details on the passes. I quoe the email below:

Stage wise process of getting tickets:

1. After receiving unique id, take a print out and visit listed State Bank of India and other ticket sale counters (www.aeroindia.in ). Tickets can also be collected from the ticket sale counters outside the Yelahanka base.

2. Show your identity proof and collect RFID enabled tickets. It takes some time. So kindly be patient.

3. One ticket is valid for one full day for one person. If you want to visit aero show on the subsequent day, entire process would have to be followed once again. Tickets are non-transferable.

4. Business visitors will have to park their cars in the P-9 parking (entry from Gate No. 8 and 9). Plz follow signage. Shuttle buses are available till the entry gate from the parking area.

5. Cameras are allowed. Please don’t carry baggage.

6. Food courts are there inside the venue.

7. As of now, there is no provision of reimbursement or readjustments of the amount paid.

8. On Saturday business visitor’s ticket is @ Rs 1,000/- per head. On Sunday there is no business visitor ticket as exhibition area will be open to the general visitor.

9. On the day of your visit, please carry the ticket and identity proof. Venue of the air show is Air Force Station Yelahanka on National Highway 7.

Hope this helps!!! And, I too have the same query as @Joyous above: Can I go in the weekdays instead of the weekends with this general visitor ticket??? Please advice.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

for people like me who live far away from bangalore, kerala! it is sad that inspite of our having such a large number of tv news channels. i cannot find any coverage of aero india. however they can cover stories which hardly anybody watches. just hope that some channel will present some capsule on the magnificient machines.
anik
BRFite -Trainee

Post by anik »

Newbie question .... admission policy states Business Visitors must be in business formals/national dress ... is that actually implemented on ground or we can ignore that one :wink: ..... (planning to go on Saturday on a business visitor pass)
adityeah
BRFite -Trainee

Post by adityeah »

Hope this helps!!!
Oh it sure does relieves some nerves around here. thank you so much.
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

Picture update :-) for Day One Aeroindia2011
http://tinyurl.com/4adqmxt
This is a link to my Flickr set

Guys sorry if the watermark spoils the view, its not funny when your picture appears in media without even photo credit.
BR admins, Am ok sharing hi res images with the BR watermark.

Cheers!
Praveen / Photoyogi
P Chitkara
BRFite

Post by P Chitkara »

Lack of decent coverage by the media shows their priority and a perception that this event is not hot enough to sell. A pity - it is a reflection on our strategic culture, rather the lack of it and national focus as well.

Hopefully this will change as more and more indigenous products come online and generate interest in public.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

pyogi

no need to apologise

beautiful pictures

and thanks for the skydivers shot and the cockpit closeup of the LCH and the motorcycle\firefighter :)

Thanks again
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

They are busy covering bebo and deepika and all
Shrinivas
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Shrinivas »

@pyogi: Thank You soooo much!!! Superb pics.. Wow :eek: !! which one do you use SLR or DSLR?? :roll:
RonyKJ
BRFite

Post by RonyKJ »

@yogi, amazing pics, such sharp focus and good zoom
I would like to know what telephoto lens you used, did you use shutter priority, if so, what shutter speed
did you use
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

anik wrote:Newbie question .... admission policy states Business Visitors must be in business formals/national dress ... is that actually implemented on ground or we can ignore that one :wink: ..... (planning to go on Saturday on a business visitor pass)
You could perhaps try getting in wearing a lungi at half-mast. It'll come in handy for lungi-dances. :rotfl:
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

pyogi-saar, those are 8) 8) 8)
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Pyogi...pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing :) Might be OT for this thread, but can you share your camera & lens equipments details with us? You may reply at Camera & Photography thread in General forums if you wish.
Last edited by Zynda on 09 Feb 2011 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

in pyogi photos there is a gent with a 1 foot long white beard tending to a parked F-18.
vijyeta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vijyeta »

Nice shot of the 'fire-brigade' Bullets... !
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

Zynda wrote:Pyogi...pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing :) Might be OT for this thread, but can you share your camera & lens equipments details with us? You may reply at Camera & Photography thread in General forums if you wish.
Hi All, Thank you for your appreciation, Had a pleasant surprise when i met Kedar at the show today and as usual he had a Bazooka size lens am waiting for his pictures.

@surya thanks for understanding

@Shrinivas, @RonyKJ, @Zynda
I Use a Nikon D90 with 80-200 and for this show i used 80-400
I shoot Program or Shutter priority anything above 1/640 for moving aircrafts, for the Tejas have shot @ 1/1250 of a second.
The 80-400 is a tricky lens you need to understand it to make it work for you. In this case I borrowed the lens yest for the show.
Lets continue the photography discussion on the appropriate thread before we perk up the ears of the mods.
Thank you!
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Please take some pics of the AMCA model's planform (top down and bottom up).
viktor
BRFite -Trainee

Post by viktor »

Some of my pictures. Not as good as others but still for everyone.

https://picasaweb.google.com/vkansagra/ ... directlink
akimalik
BRFite

Post by akimalik »

Just a small request from my end...
since this might be one of the last displays of the Surya Kirans, could someone capture some "Desktop-grade" pics of those "Extraordinary Men and their Wonderful Flying machines" :-).
I see quite a few beautiful pics, but missing out on the resolution.
TIA
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

pyogi, srisri and others visiting AI11, please take lots of photographs of the interior displays, especially the display boards with info on them. They have proved to be valuable resources over the years!
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

viktor

neat pictures
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Shot of the LCH (High Res)http://www.airliners.net/photo/1863549/L/
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Is anyone asking questions like last time ?
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

akimalik wrote:Just a small request from my end...
since this might be one of the last displays of the Surya Kirans, could someone capture some "Desktop-grade" pics of those "Extraordinary Men and their Wonderful Flying machines" :-).
TIA
Not exactly a good shot. but this should do for now... (no water marks)
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/media/Aer ... 1.jpg.html

Note: Choose size (1680x1050)
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

yaar no one has lca videos ?i am eagerly waiting, tarmak also has no updates :(
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

rahuldevnath wrote:
akimalik wrote:Just a small request from my end...
TIA
Not exactly a good shot. but this should do for now... (no water marks)
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/media/Aer ... 1.jpg.html

Note: Choose size (1680x1050)
Great shot rahul! Thanks for sharing. Are you sure you want to really remove watermarks on such a beautiful snap? maybe you can share the image without watermark privately to those who request it?
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

putnanja wrote: Great shot rahul! Thanks for sharing. Are you sure you want to really remove watermarks on such a beautiful snap? maybe you can share the image without watermark privately to those who request it?
Well, at the end if it has to be lifted off, it will be. Unlike LCH or LCA, Surya Kiran, is after all much more photographed. I would be glad, if it can make my fellow BR Members happy, an easy option to download. :) Cheers!
Ganesh_S
BRFite

Post by Ganesh_S »

Ganesh_S
BRFite

Post by Ganesh_S »

good morning !! That was dazzling for sure. Indeed very agile. Good job ADA & HAL.