AeroIndia 2011

shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by shiv »

krishnan wrote: No, they are sticker kind of things

Metal coated sticky tape of some sort. Although I think that tape was actually painted over and the paint has peeled over the tape.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Something about this whole static build-up story doesn't make any sense. I believe the livefist poster is making things up for echandee.

This is my original post about the peeling paint.

If I wanted to dissipate static buildup on a composite frame then would I apply the metal tape to the metal areas of the plane? No!

Static buildup would be best dissipated with the metal tape applied in a grid or radial pattern for uniform coverage, not in the pattern of the metal alloy exoskeleton holding the composite panels in place.

Why is it ok for the tape to peel off mid-flight? If I needed the tape for a take-off (low-altitude), I'd need it for the landing too.

I don't think the LCA is so weak that it needs pieces of tape applied to it like Band-aid after every sortie. This, to me, is as funny as our friends across the border running around with buckets of green paint.
pragnya
BRFite

Post by pragnya »

LCA clicked 'almost' at the same moment -

by Rahul Devanth -

by Andreas Zeitler -

posted for both comparison and kicks!!! two stunning pictures. :P

humble thanks to both.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

This is the best "Flying Bulls" video I have found so far..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIaFHA83fVM
chiragAS
BRFite

Post by chiragAS »

had not gone with any proper gear. relied on my phone.
unfortunately kids at home deleted most of them. including the front pic of our neighbour.
photos that survived included the side view photo (of no use though) but if anyone present on second day might have seen him.

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/dsc00930i.jpg/
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Hmmmm , taking notes i see...
maz
Webmaster BR

Post by maz »

Guys, did you guys collect brochures and magazines of DRDO stuff? If so, please start posting those. Thanks
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I have some more material to upload to the BR gallery but I cannot get it. The server is consistently taking too long to respond.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

plenty of brochures etc but how do i upload them - photograph and then post
please some one tell me how to post photographs or better still give me an e mail id where i can send
also have some good videos and photos how do i upload
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Nice to see you posting again.
You can post photos on Flicker, Picasa or Blogspot. Or you can mail tem to me and I can do that. But mail it before 3pm or it'll have to wait till Monday.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

shankar sir,
You can visit the media section in BR and post the images there in the AI'11 gallery, that's the best place for photos.
As for the brochures, it would be better to scan it and post it again in the BR gallery.
The videos can be linked via youtube.
The BR gallery.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

thanks Bala
let me try
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

Bala i have the photos on desk top
can u tell step by step how to upload from there
tka :-)
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Shankar wrote:Bala i have the photos on desk top
I am not bala. Nevertheless..

Go to the album. Look for "login" sin at top right corner and login with BRF name and login id.

When the page reloads after login enter the Aero India 2011 album. Search for a drop down menu at bottom left of page that says "Album Actions" and select create new album and call it Shankar or Shankarovsky or whatever

Enter your album and look for the drop down menu and select "add item" and that gives you a menu to browse your own comp and select photos to upload. If you have many items to upload ask for "more upload boxes".

The user interface is not all that intuitive - but it works if you take the time to look at every corner and word of text on a page.
manoba
BRFite

Post by manoba »

Rafale-M (Is it Rafale-M? Please correct me if I'm wrong) performing touch and go on Yelahanka airbase "deck".

Not much luck with Janamejaya. Just some crouching and take off. No acrobatics.

While taxying, it looks absolutely like a panther 8) crouching and about to jump upon it's prey.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

shiv wrote:
Shankar wrote:Bala i have the photos on desk top
I am not bala. Nevertheless..

Go to the album. Look for "login" sin at top right corner and login with BRF name and login id.

When the page reloads after login enter the Aero India 2011 album. Search for a drop down menu at bottom left of page that says "Album Actions" and select create new album and call it Shankar or Shankarovsky or whatever

Enter your album and look for the drop down menu and select "add item" and that gives you a menu to browse your own comp and select photos to upload. If you have many items to upload ask for "more upload boxes".

The user interface is not all that intuitive - but it works if you take the time to look at every corner and word of text on a page.
There is no action called create New Album even after you log in
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Merlin sir,
After you log in, you are in your album.. At the bottom of the page you'll find a list box with Album action.. from here you can add items to your album..
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Yes, but that would be the 2009 album, it would be a little strange to have the 2011 album inside the 2009 album would it not?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Oops!! Sorry sir, even I don't know what to do in such a scenario..
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

merlin wrote:
There is no action called create New Album even after you log in
Well - typing from memory I may have goofed things up in the description. :oops: I think you need to create your album as a sub album after you enter the aero india 2011 album.

Merlin why don't you go to album actions and move your aero India 2011 sub album to the main BR aero India 2011 album. Failing that you might be able to create a second album in the correct folder and move your photos there and later delete the album that was wrongly created in the 2009 album.

Sorry - but I may have created the confusion.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

I think you people are confusing things, i just tried and created 3 top level albumbs, search for "krishnan" there. The problem is with the software, the gallery software is a bit complicated

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/media/Aer ... /krishnan/

Login -> Click "You Album" -> Scroll down and select "Add Album" from second drop down menu
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Krishnan is right. You can create directories only if you have the rights - and typically all users can do so only in the "Users" Sub Album. you cannot create it at the Aero india 2011 level (except for frequent contributors like Rahul or Kedar). Users who accumulate a good number of pictures will find their album moved to the root AeroIndia2011 at some time. Sorry this restriction of preventing users from displaying in the root is to sort of screen the images before they get displayed in the front page.
akimalik
BRFite

Post by akimalik »

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

wooden blade?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

See the pilot's helmet at this angle? Shows the kind of visibility the pilot has
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

The Astra carried in a flight test on the MKI linked off Shiv Aroor's site looks nothing like this - it looks like the old "usual" shape

Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

thanks Shiv -trying now with euro typhoon video to start with :-)
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

shiv wrote:The Astra carried in a flight test on the MKI linked off Shiv Aroor's site looks nothing like this - it looks like the old "usual" shape

Because that would have been the Astra Mk1, the image above shows Astra Mk2 with a claimed 100+ km head on range. Someone from DRDO took my office visiting card and promised to email me all details of Astra Mk1 and Mk2 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I smell a raaw aigint's hand here.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Gallery Updated

Added Brochures section
First one is Tejas booklet that I got on second day at the ADA stall
jaladipc
BRFite

Post by jaladipc »

shiv wrote:The Astra carried in a flight test on the MKI linked off Shiv Aroor's site looks nothing like this - it looks like the old "usual" shape

it says ASTRA MARK II on it.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Gallery Updated

Tejas Drop Tank (2 Pages)
Tejas Pamphlet (6 Pages)
Tejas Airforce Mk2 (4 Pages)
LCA Navy Mk-2 (2 Pages)

Added to Brochures section
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Gallery Updated

AMCA (2 Pages)

More to come in the following week
GTRE Booklet ( ~16 Pages), GE Pamphlets, ADRDE Booklet, ...

will try to scan and upload the GTRE Booklet today itself
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Thanks kakarat. The brochures were a bit under represented this time..

especially liked the LcA one.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Gallery Updated

GTRE Booklet (16 Pages)

Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

lectures from the Weapons & Missiles section

Georg Mader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzm5vbt4UlQ

Dr. Gollakota
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgMY2Wt6VaI

Jean Vincent Legrand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kje2DfKLjN0

Please correct me if wrong, but this session had only 3 lectures being broadcasted - the MEMS sensor technology for precision guidance application lecture is not available
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

OT - Photogs might want to take part in this - Eurofighter Calendar competition -
http://www.eurofighter.com/eurofighter- ... ition.html
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Some bad news from AI-11:
Bribe-for-display taint to Aero India 2011
Within days of its successful hosting here, Aero India 2011 has been tainted by allegations that an Indian Air Force (IAF) officer accepted bribes in large sums of money, including in euros, from foreign exhibitors for giving some of them favourable positions in the ''static display area.''

A Court of Inquiry (CoI) has been ordered against Wing Commander Thakur on the basis of a report of Assistant Provost Marshall (Bangalore), Wing Commander Vijay Kumar.

This report was sent to Air Headquarters in New Delhi a few days after February 12, the day Wg Cdr Thakur was allegedly caught red-handed accepting Rs 20,000 in marked currency notes from a decoy which the Department of Defence Productions and Supplies had employed to lay the trap. Thakur, previously a fighter pilot, had later moved to flying IAF transport aircraft.

The CoI is being presided over by Group Captain Daniel Victor. The trap was set up after allegations surfaced that Wg Cdr Thakur was seen accepting money on the first two days of Aero India from foreign exhibitors. According to preliminary investigations, he is suspected to have collected three lakh euros. IAF officers, like Wg Cdr Thakur, were decision makers to position exhibits in the static display area and they had leverage to favour some exhibitors over others.

Wg Cdr Kumar’s report has raised questions of not just the involvement of other senior IAF officers in the bribes-for-favourable-placements case, but also suspects that previous Aero India shows in Bangalore may also have been tainted with under-the-table dealings.

Senior Ministry of Defence (MoD) officials disclosed to Deccan Herald that soon after he was trapped, Wg Cdr Thakur first called up a Bangalore-based superior officer whose name is being withheld for legal reasons.

Honey traps used

It is reliably learnt that three weeks before the five-day Aero India show, which began in Yelahanka near here on February 9, Wg Cdr Thakur was counter-intelligence officer at the Yelahanka air base and was shifted to oversee the arrangements at the static display area along with another officer.

What has shocked the IAF community in Bangalore and the MoD is allegations that European women were employed to “soften up” officers who were involved with making arrangements for Aero India 2011.

A photograph of an Air Marshall in the company of a European woman believed to be a commercial sex worker has been found and which, along with a separate report, has been sent to the MoD in South Block, New Delhi.

While the CoI will probe Wg Thakur’s case, parallel investigations by the IAF, the MoD and the Intelligence Bureau (IB) will likely inquire into suspicions that senior officers might have links with foreign aircraft manufacturers.

The IB station in Bangalore is understood to have sent a detailed report to the Defence ministry and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Only word which comes to mind is utter disgust.. :x :x

Cant even imagine how the big deals like MRCA etc are compromised if "small fry" like AI see 3-4 lakh euros and European call girls changing hands!!!
Last edited by sum on 06 Mar 2011 09:56, edited 2 times in total.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

^^^
Only sentence that comes to my mind,
"Three legged cheetah".
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Uploaded a new LCH image ✈ http://vishal.jolapara.in/2011/02/10/lch/