AeroIndia 2011

Neela
BRF Oldie

AeroIndia 2011

Post by Neela »

Asia's premier air show begins in 3 months time.

Dates: 9-13th February, 2011.

Official site: https://aeroindia.in/Main.aspx

First bits of news already started to creep in.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by Neela »

X-post
shukla wrote:Lockheed Martin to display F-35 joint strike fighter at Aero India 2011
Defenseworld
The F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, the latest fighter plane from Lockheed Martin which is designed to become the mainstay of the U.S. as well several allies air force and navy, is likely to be displayed at the Aero India 2011 show in Bangalore. Lockheed Martin is pitching the aircraft’s B or C versions for India’s potential tender for carrier-based fighters to replace the Sea Harrier and equip the indigenous aircraft carrier currently under construction at the Cochin Shipyard and scheduled to be launched in 2014.

Orville Prins, Lockeed Martin’s Vice President, Business Development for India said in New Delhi that the F-35 is the next generation fighter to suit multiple roles for the U.S. and its allies. Lockheed Martin is seeking U.S. government approvals to offer the aircraft to India. “We are trying to bring the F35 to the Aero India show so that Indian Navy can have a feel of the aircraft. We don’t know yet if the F35 will take part in the flying displays”.

India had floated a request for information (RFI) earlier this year to seek a carrier based fighter plane. The RFI will be followed by an RFP as soon as the precise requirements are finalized, which could be in mid-2011. Thereafter the acquisition process will begin..
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

Let's organise a BR meet to co-incide with Aero India @ Bangalore.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

sri sir,
I assume it is a tradition to have a brf meet on the eve of aero india's.
On a side note it seems the aero india is a gift to me from the MoD. It always ends either on or after my birthday.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Bala Vignesh wrote:sri sir,
On a side note it seems the aero india is a gift to me from the MoD. It always ends either on or after my birthday.
Damn Good.

So we don't have to worry who is going to foot the solid/liquid bills !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Count me in

Kersi

PS.
We always have a BR Meet during the AE not necessary at the eve of AE.
Anyway no eves come to BR Meets. :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

I hope we do not have BR Meet at the same hotel at Koramangla, during AE 2009. I landed up with loose motions. :(( :(( Please change the venue.

And now I remember that one of our members injured his hand as he bumped in to stealth glass.

K
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

aero india 2011 :)

hope to see a lots of things in it

but the visitor form is not available ???
i am new to aero india can some one tell me abt it ???
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

Bala Vignesh wrote:sri sir,
Sign me up for this Bala sir!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

tushar_m wrote: but the visitor form is not available ???
You have to write to ministry of defence to obtain the form - usually the fee to be sent by bank draft is Rs 500. Fill in the form in triplicate and have your address proof signed by a notary or gazetted officer. Medical check up and AIDS/Swine flu vaccination certificate required.

... :wink:

Only joking. 5 days of planes planes planes
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

shiv wrote:
You have to write to ministry of defence to obtain the form - usually the fee to be sent by bank draft is Rs 500. Fill in the form in triplicate and have your address proof signed by a notary or gazetted officer. Medical check up and AIDS/Swine flu vaccination certificate required.
5 days of planes planes planes

AND 5 days of walking, walking, walking, and walking, walking, walking...... I am already tired.

Shiv
It's high time we have another Mother of All BR Meets. God I still remember the old meets when the room was full of IAF, ex IAF, HAL, ex HAL, test pilots, AVMs and a sort of who's who. :D :)

Trust you will do your magic this year.

And do not forget to call me. One of the previous years, (was it 2007 ?) you timed in superbly, just the day before I came to Bangalore. :evil: :twisted: :(( :shock: :((

Kersi
Juggi G
BRFite
Location: Martyr Bhagat Singh Nagar District, Doaba, Punjab, Bharat. De Ghuma ke :)

Post by Juggi G »

F-35 Cockpit Simulator Coming To AeroIndia 2011
Lockheed-Martin will for the first time bring an F-35 cockpit simulator to AeroIndia 2011 next February outside Bangalore. Lots of implications, especially at this time! There was a report out there that they wanted to bring the F-35B/C to AeroIndia. Heh. So yeah, it's the cockpit sim, the one picture above.
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

LOL.. Shiv at his best..
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Kersi D wrote: Damn Good.

So we don't have to worry who is going to foot the solid/liquid bills !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Count me in

Kersi
Sir, Don't mind arranging the liquid needs of my fellow BRFites but i can't promise the same for solid stuff.
Kersi D wrote: PS.
We always have a BR Meet during the AE not necessary at the eve of AE.
Anyway no eves come to BR Meets. :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
Meant to say 'During' but came out as 'eve'.. My bad..
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

LM categorically denies the reports of the F-35's debuting at Aero India 2011.

Lockheed Martin Denies F-35 Presence at Aero India 2011

"No, unfortunately that report was not correct. The F-35 will not be at Aero India in 2011."

-- Lockheed Martin F-35 Communications
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

shiv wrote:

shiv sir thankyou thankyou thankyou

so i guess no registration ???
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

tushar_m wrote:
so i guess no registration ???

I suppose you have already received your national UID smart card? Driver's licence is not essential. Passport is essential for foreign travel.

A tattoo on your bum saying "I love aeroplanes" is optional...

But for Aero India you'll have to buy tickets. :D
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Are the locations where the tickets will be sold and prices for the same released yet???
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Are the locations where the tickets will be sold and prices for the same released yet???
I think it's going to be similar to previous years ie tickets will be available at select SBI branches in Bangalore. An identity proof is required to buy the passes. Costs could be hiked this time. Last time around I bought a pass as a business day visitor for Rs. 1500.
sarkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarkar »

Is the ticket valid for all 5 days or we have to buy it daily?
My wallet will get brahmosed by 1500/day ticket. :P
Couldn't find any information on their website.

I will be visiting Aero India for the first time.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

sarkar wrote:Is the ticket valid for all 5 days or we have to buy it daily?
My wallet will get brahmosed by 1500/day ticket. :P
Couldn't find any information on their website.

I will be visiting Aero India for the first time.
The Rs 1500 or whatever business pass is valid for all 5 days. Janata ticket for last 2 days onree. Children below 12 or some such age will not be allowed into the Exhibition halls. In fact Children may not be allowed in at all on business days.

Tickets are often not made available till the last week before the event. In 2009 ticket distribution was poor (SBI) . It was better in 2007 (Canara Bank).
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

A little known fact was that last time (2009) tickets were also available at certain Cafe Coffee Day outlets (but poorly advertised). I ran around 2 SBIs and didn't get a ticket, but finally managed it at CCD.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

very typical govt style ticket distribution. when even olympic tkts with heads of state attending are probably sold online these days , they are still using stone age techniques. banks have limited hrs, most close to public around 2pm (if the staff are not on long leave)...and SBI wont be opening before 10 probably.

far better they stop clowning around and open dedicated counters at some prominent places all over bangalore like malls. this will also ensure the lay public get to know of it and buy in evening after work, than just HAL/DRDO staff who likely get it via departmental admins.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Need to figure out how to get press passes so you can shoot from the flight lines, chances of much better pictures from there (much closer at any rate)
Arturo Guzman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Arturo Guzman »

Folks am new to BR and planning to visit aero india for the first time. am currently working in dubai and planning to visit bangalore in feb... any suggestions other than buying tickets... ? any gnyan i can download ?
Last edited by Gerard on 12 Nov 2010 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: username changed to conform with forum guidelines
Ravishankar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ravishankar »

merlin wrote:Need to figure out how to get press passes so you can shoot from the flight lines, chances of much better pictures from there (much closer at any rate)
Hey Merlin, incase you figure out what passes are req and how to get them then please enlighten us as well. Last AI we were frustrated as we could not get any takeoff or landing shots.
VishnuCK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VishnuCK »

May be some one has already thought about this in the past and even now but why don't they have a separate area like a photo pit (an area marked and fenced from the regular crowd ) where they allow may be a 100 photographers beginners to pro's :wink: a day who are allowed to take pictures from the pit the entire day from the start to the end of the show. Such photo pit tickets could be at an additional cost from what they usually charge for regular visitors. While at Unkil land last year at the FortWorth Alliance airshow (held every November in FortWorth Texas) they introduced this concept of a photo pit where beginners to pros could occupy this pit at an additional ticketed price and needless to say i was at seventh heaven with no one to distract and no calls from back home with my cell phone shut off. It was an awesome experience turning 360 degrees holding the camera in hand and trying to capture the amazing maneuvers which i would cherish my whole life. Perhaps is it really wishful thinking to expect some thing of that sort at our motherland or is this something that could be proposed by someone who has the right links to see if it could be made possible from this year on since we still have close to two months for the show.
Juggi G
BRFite
Location: Martyr Bhagat Singh Nagar District, Doaba, Punjab, Bharat. De Ghuma ke :)

Post by Juggi G »

KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Is any kind of invitation or permission required to attend the seminars ?
sarkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarkar »

@VishnuCK
Exactly.. there should be a special place for photographers..
VishnuCK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VishnuCK »

Juggi G wrote:LandFill Poses Risk to Aero India 2011
Daily News & Analysis

Very sad, hope this doesn't really become a show stopper for the breathtaking aerobatics that are lined up for the show. :evil:
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

like most indian institutions, the BBMP will swing into action at the last minute and try and salvage the situation. Atleast that's the hope i am cherishing.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

VishnuCK wrote:May be some one has already thought about this in the past and even now but why don't they have a separate area like a photo pit (an area marked and fenced from the regular crowd ) where they allow may be a 100 photographers beginners to pro's :wink: a day who are allowed to take pictures from the pit the entire day from the start to the end of the show. Such photo pit tickets could be at an additional cost from what they usually charge for regular visitors. While at Unkil land last year at the FortWorth Alliance airshow (held every November in FortWorth Texas) they introduced this concept of a photo pit where beginners to pros could occupy this pit at an additional ticketed price and needless to say i was at seventh heaven with no one to distract and no calls from back home with my cell phone shut off. It was an awesome experience turning 360 degrees holding the camera in hand and trying to capture the amazing maneuvers which i would cherish my whole life. Perhaps is it really wishful thinking to expect some thing of that sort at our motherland or is this something that could be proposed by someone who has the right links to see if it could be made possible from this year on since we still have close to two months for the show.
Funnily enough this post mirrors a post that I made before the 2009 show. India as a nation is still not aware and sophisticated enough to recognise and acknowledge the role of enthusiasts in media and publicity and eventual volunteer recruitment so we are all continuously starved and pour into Aero India for the grains that we get.

In 2008 (before the 2009 show) I had generated the following image of Yelahanka taken by my uncle Shri Googal. The best place for visualizing landing (but not take off) is the "public viewing area" on the western edge of the airfield - far away from the main display area. That is marked on the image as "Public for flying display only". You cannot enter the main exhibition area from the public display area but you can see the start of the take off run and landing approach. Unfortunately some displays are best from the gallery for VIPs. Most jingos other than those who have media passes have to make do with the public area or the exhibition area marked on the image as "Show visitors photo area" near the exhibition halls.

VishnuCK
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VishnuCK »

shiv wrote: Funnily enough this post mirrors a post that I made before the 2009 show. India as a nation is still not aware and sophisticated enough to recognize and acknowledge the role of enthusiasts in media and publicity and eventual volunteer recruitment so we are all continuously starved and pour into Aero India for the grains that we get.
Very aptly described Sir. Slight OT but True we as a nation are starved for almost everything and that's clearly visible the very moment one steps out of his home be it in the traffic,the malls, the theaters or even a barber's shop. We have more people who think that anything and everything could be gotten by greasing palms and it would'nt be surprising that an area marked and fenced for Photo enthusiasts who pay more than the regular ticketing price to their utter dismay may realize that the fence has been totally dismantled by the mob and unruly crowd. It would be the case of the camel trying to get some shade in its owners tent and everyone knows what happens next :(
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Just realized that the chances of seeing a aerial display of LCH are slim. NAL was severely critized for using the Saras in AI09 in the crash report.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

can some one please book my ticket for the show on 10th - any of you boss and let me know where i can send the money -looking forward to meet u guys on that day at BR stall
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Shankar sir,
the tickets are not out yet.. will let you know once we get the info from our paanwaala, chaiwaalas, ityadi...
shukla
BRFite

Post by shukla »

Vying to make it into the Indian Air Force
DNA
As reported earlier, the US aviation company, Lockheed Martin, will be bringing the F-35 cockpit demonstrator to Aero India 2011 for the first time. Also to make a presence during the five-day air show would be the US Air Force’s WC-130 (Weather Bird). A Lockheed official said that the US Air Force is working to bring the WC-130 (Weather Bird), which has a specialised configuration for weather data mapping. The WC-130 a high-wing, medium-range aircraft is flown by the Air Force Reserve Command for weather reconnaissance missions. The aircraft, a modified version of the C-130, can stay aloft nearly 15 hours and can covers 3,500 miles at a stretch. “Lockheed Martin’s two F-16s (Block 60) aircraft and the US Air Force’s two F-16s will be displayed,” said an official.

Boeing is also planning to bring a wide range of aircraft, which include the F/A-18 Super Hornet, one of the contenders for the multi-medium role combat aircraft deal. With India expected to spend about US$112 billion on capital acquisition by the year 2016, the US is hoping to cash in.
ranjith.hs
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ranjith.hs »

hi...

can you please tel me the branches.. the tickets were available last time in 2009 or 2007
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Folks,

Found this:

http://www.udayton.edu/news/articles/20 ... cience.php
In conjuction with his appointment, Ballal is scheduled to deliver the keynote address on gas turbine technology at the Aero India 2011 Air Show in Bangalore
In November, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) announced it will present Ballal with its highest international award in gas turbine technology. Ballal will be the recipient of the 2011 ASME R. Tom Sawyer Award, which goes to "an individual who has made a lifetime of scholarly contributions to advancing gas turbine technology, the gas turbine industry and the ASME's International Gas Turbine Institute."