AeroIndia 2011

Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Drishyamanji,
don't take me bad, but isn't porki itself racist and offensive??? I mean in the general context not in BRF...
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Shivji,
Would like your permission to share Tejas video you shot @ AI on my FB account. I wanna present Tejas's capabilities to a lot of my naysayers friends.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

No Tejas captured jumping over the moon?
Drishyaman
BRFite

Post by Drishyaman »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Drishyamanji,
don't take me bad, but isn't porki itself racist and offensive??? I mean in the general context not in BRF...
:mrgreen:
Yes,
Now someone will hang me ? If yes, I will still say porki porki porki :rotfl:
By the way, I was expecting a reply from you on Design your fighter thread :)
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Drishyamanji,
:D
Still working it out... posting from my mobile since i am travelling now.. will post soon...
manoba
BRFite

Post by manoba »

C-130J "Super" Hercules taxying, taking off, landing and all… demonstrating its amazing STOL capabilities ( 8) at the end when it comes to a grinding halt).

Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

^^^ Mano sir,
When did you go for the air show?? You are really lucky to have caught the Herc in action...
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

SaiK wrote:No Tejas captured jumping over the moon?
:-) How i wish too! I did wait but the moon wasnt fast enough.
I could try some photoshopping just for fun.
Sidhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sidhu »

I did hear that the Hercs have a increased risk of Tail touch while landing. Hence have a tougher time landing with high AoA
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Sidhu sahab, can't quite fathom that. For that tail to touch, one would have to be (by rough calculations) flying 30 degrees or more AoA!
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Kapil wrote:Guys,

I dont know if this has been mentioned before but the demo Tejas's were the PV versions and not the LSPs
The LSPs had a software issue just before the show and so were flown in the flypast and not for the demo profiles.
This also explains the paint-wear.

I am imagining the first batch Tejas in No 45 sqn livery at the next Aero India. 8)
Kapil, can you elaborate on what was this software issue?

Shiv talked about ADA trying to open LCA's envelop to 7 G before the show. Is it related to this development?
Sidhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sidhu »

Indranil,

I am not sure of the exact AoA at which the tail touch is an issue. I shal find out. What I do understand is that streatched versions have a greater issue (as the stretch is behind the MLG).
manoba
BRFite

Post by manoba »

Bala Vignesh wrote:^^^ Mano sir,
When did you go for the air show?? You are really lucky to have caught the Herc in action...
Vignesh, the Herc display was on pre-lunch 11th Feb.
Lucky... why? Was the Herc not performing on the other days?
pyogi wrote:
SaiK wrote:No Tejas captured jumping over the moon?
:-) How i wish too! I did wait but the moon wasnt fast enough.
I could try some photoshopping just for fun.
The French fieldwork and coordination were excellent. They always try to exploit the situation the most and the best (lately were joined by the Swedes).
I heard a Frenchwoman on ground saying something over the controls like:

Halo, Halo, Alejandro, le ciel est clair. La lune est par ici. Tu essaie de pénétrer ce machin là-haut...
Put**n, zut, c'est raté. Put**n. C'est du fromage.
Put**n. Mais qu'est que tu fous là-haut? Zut, encore foutu... or something like that. (**=ai)

Frankly, concentrating on such small petty things (moon, special cloud formation, surroundings, etc.) and exploiting the situation shows the maturity of the airmanship and the ground crew. It's after all an air show.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Sidhu wrote:Indranil,

I am not sure of the exact AoA at which the tail touch is an issue. I shal find out. What I do understand is that streatched versions have a greater issue (as the stretch is behind the MLG).
^^^ Thank you ... I would love to learn. I am going by basic geometry by joining a line from the MLG to the tail tip. To the naked eye it looks like 30 degrees.

However, I think what will touch first is not the tail tip but the underbelly where the bay door is hinged. At that point though the angle looks quite shallow (not more than 12-15 degree to the naked eye).

Sidhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sidhu »

[Indranil]However, I think what will touch first is not the tail tip but the underbelly where the bay door is hinged.[/Indranil]

That is what I wanted to convey Indranil. Thanks for putting it so succinctly for me.

Yes the stretched version has a higher risk of "underbelly" touch
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

i went to the show on the 12th and the herc did not fly that day... And i have not read an account till date which mentions the herc carrying out flight displays...
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

For all my friends who want the Tejas over the moon viola!
Tejas moon DSC0412 by photoyogi, on Flickr
Yes, its photoshopped, I am a purist photographer but the artist in me says ok to this one :-)
Hope you folks like it.
manoba
BRFite

Post by manoba »

Bala Vignesh wrote:i went to the show on the 12th and the herc did not fly that day... And i have not read an account till date which mentions the herc carrying out flight displays...
According to Lockheed Martin’s website there were flying displays.

And according to another forum member (not sure I can link the forum here) the same C-130J - 5304 USAF/AFRC was in the flightline on 9th Feb.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Good photo-shop works pyogi that comes with tons of your chapas. :twisted:
Aiel
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Aiel »

Bala Vignesh wrote:i went to the show on the 12th and the herc did not fly that day... And i have not read an account till date which mentions the herc carrying out flight displays...
The USAF C130 did fly at the show, but not during the show times. They were giving journos joy rides (I think one round per day).
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Ok... Must have been inside one of them hangars catching the stalls... Aero India is getting too big to be covered in darn day.. Need at least 2 days if we want to cover every aspect decently..
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

pyogi/KK

I want one of those awesome LCA pics for my desktop background. I want the best resolution PIC.

Is there anyway I can purchase them in soft copy version? (or Can we have a BRF pic made and purchased by donating to BRF?)

Thanks in advance.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

Lectures from the Flight Testing session

Lockheed Martin's C-130J aircraft re-engine programme: challenges & results [Aero India 2011]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3xkaqE3cS4

Integrating Western weapons & systems on Russian aircraft - IAF experience [Aero India 2011]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo4-L7tNdVM

Improving Minimum Control Speed [VMC] of aircrafts using Fly-By-Wire flight control system
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzsvjTnh5Ks

India's Naval Light Combat Aircraft [LCA-Navy] - unique features & flight testing, Capt. Maolankar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJjNXA9w3dg
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Zynda wrote:Shivji,
Would like your permission to share Tejas video you shot @ AI on my FB account. I wanna present Tejas's capabilities to a lot of my naysayers friends.
Go right ahead. Be my guest. And use my latest ungli-putting takleef causing video too if you wish - it is linked below. And don't forget to tell everyone that for Aero India it was only one of the prototypes flying using software restricted to 6 G onlee and they can imagine what's comin'

Lungi dance with ungli inside video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V4waXZLxSE
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Sid wrote: Shiv talked about ADA trying to open LCA's envelop to 7 G before the show. Is it related to this development?
The envelope has already been opened beyond that AFAIK. But each LCA has a little black box into which software is loaded. I am sure I saw the 7G software working in a thrilling display when I was on the golf course and made a post in this thread before aero India. The real display was less exciting and I heard in a later conversation with a little birdie that they were unable to ready that particular software package before aero India.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Lovely onlee

And wah wah - this is uniqueee onlee
Last edited by shiv on 23 Feb 2011 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

^^^ hume bula dete yaar hum use ready kar dete ... just kidding
Btw hakim ji brace up for the video speed up allegation by the bhikaris
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

suryag wrote:^^^ hume bula dete yaar hum use ready kar dete ... just kidding
Btw hakim ji brace up for the video speed up allegation by the bhikaris
Hardeharhar! Who cares? hack thoo. Every single clip is available on the net and they can do it themselves if they can develop skills beyond strapping on imported soosai vests
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

So, those figures, in the youtube vids, should improve? In favor of the LCA.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

After seeing the LCA - Moon pic i again remembver my question that i asked some days back and probably didn;t get an asnwer or missed it... posting the Q again to Gurus\Shiv Sir - What is that white stuff all over the LCA...?
Drishyaman
BRFite

Post by Drishyaman »

nits wrote:After seeing the LCA - Moon pic i again remembver my question that i asked some days back and probably didn;t get an asnwer or missed it... posting the Q again to Gurus\Shiv Sir - What is that white stuff all over the LCA...?
Paint peeled off.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

nits wrote:After seeing the LCA - Moon pic i again remembver my question that i asked some days back and probably didn;t get an asnwer or missed it... posting the Q again to Gurus\Shiv Sir - What is that white stuff all over the LCA...?
This question should be made sticky
vijaykumar said...

HI Dear friends, The white patches on LCA is not the paint peeling off. These patches are special strips to have the uniform conductivity of the aircraft. and these strips will be peeling of when the aircraft does low level and high speed sortie.After every such sortie these strips will be replaced. I just want to say as of today LCA has done 1500 plus flights and the aircraft's which are flying in aeroindia have gone through such low level & High speed trails 100's of 100 times as part of flight testing. so just think the performance & Capabilty of LCA . you just rewind and see 5 tejas aircrafts formation flight on inagural day.How the bottom surface of wing looks.it's so clean so before commenting some thing just think. And ofcourse the painting is nothing for HAL/ADA . which was not done due to priority of flight testing.
10:29 PM
from livefist
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

These patches are special strips to have the uniform conductivity of the aircraft.
Can anyone educate us regarding what that is supposed to mean? Uniform conductivity of what?
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

krishnan wrote: This question should be made sticky
vijaykumar said...

HI Dear friends, The white patches on LCA is not the paint peeling off. These patches are special strips to have the uniform conductivity of the aircraft. and these strips will be peeling of when the aircraft does low level and high speed sortie.After every such sortie these strips will be replaced. I just want to say as of today LCA has done 1500 plus flights and the aircraft's which are flying in aeroindia have gone through such low level & High speed trails 100's of 100 times as part of flight testing. so just think the performance & Capabilty of LCA . you just rewind and see 5 tejas aircrafts formation flight on inagural day.How the bottom surface of wing looks.it's so clean so before commenting some thing just think. And ofcourse the painting is nothing for HAL/ADA . which was not done due to priority of flight testing.
10:29 PM
Thanks for the explanation sir. Just curios to know - Do we have any other alternative for uniform conductivity of the aircraft apart from putting special strips? Also i have never seen such special strips on any other aircraft; is this effort temporary and is just needed for time being..? Kindly explain...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Gaur wrote:
These patches are special strips to have the uniform conductivity of the aircraft.
Can anyone educate us regarding what that is supposed to mean? Uniform conductivity of what?
Static build up IIRC. These strips were seen in early prototypes and the question had come up then and in fact the display aircraft at Aero India 2011 was PV5 and not one of the LSPs
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

shiv wrote: Go right ahead. Be my guest. And use my latest ungli-putting takleef causing video too if you wish - it is linked below. And don't forget to tell everyone that for Aero India it was only one of the prototypes flying using software restricted to 6 G onlee and they can imagine what's comin'
Shiv sir,
Request permission to carry out the above in my FB account too..
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Bala Vignesh wrote:
shiv wrote: Go right ahead. Be my guest. And use my latest ungli-putting takleef causing video too if you wish - it is linked below. And don't forget to tell everyone that for Aero India it was only one of the prototypes flying using software restricted to 6 G onlee and they can imagine what's comin'
Shiv sir,
Request permission to carry out the above in my FB account too..
No need to ask. Just go ahead and use as needed.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

shiv wrote: Static build up IIRC. These strips were seen in early prototypes and the question had come up then and in fact the display aircraft at Aero India 2011 was PV5 and not one of the LSPs
Thanks Sirji. So, the apparent peeling of paint was caused by instruments that measure the static build-up or was some kind of dissipating devices (like static wicks) were attached to those areas?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Gaur wrote:
shiv wrote: Static build up IIRC. These strips were seen in early prototypes and the question had come up then and in fact the display aircraft at Aero India 2011 was PV5 and not one of the LSPs
Thanks Sirji. So, the apparent peeling of paint was caused by instruments that measure the static build-up or was some kind of dissipating devices (like static wicks) were attached to those areas?
\\

No, they are sticker kind of things
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Sidhu wrote:.. the stretched version has a higher risk of "underbelly" touch
We have the stretched Super Hercules but there is little or no bottom-down/high AoA attitude at touchdown or takeoff because of the high lift and STOL characteristics. They takeoff and land in an almost horizontal attitude.