AeroIndia 2011

VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by VinodTK »

Boeing to Showcase Breadth of Capability at Aero India 2011
Boeing’s exhibit in Hall E will feature large-scale models, interactive displays, a P-8I mobile console, and an F/A-18E/F Super Hornet simulator with a next-generation cockpit. Other defense capabilities to be highlighted include the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, AH-64D Apache, CH-47F Chinook, Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C), ScanEagle, and weapons. The company also will feature commercial airplanes such as the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, 777, 747-8 passenger and freighter series, and best-selling Next-Generation 737.

During the show’s twice-daily flying demonstrations, Boeing will present the capabilities of its advanced, combat-proven, multirole F/A-18E/F Super Hornet strike fighter – with a full weapons payload – and conduct customer orientation flights. Visitors also will see the C-17 Globemaster III military transport and, making its international debut, a representation of the Super Hornet International Roadmap, which will be on static display February 9.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Tarmak007 aka Ananth Krishan's blog sayz The Mighty Chinese will take part in our humble air show.

Man they sure are gate crashers.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

shiv wrote:Well the SDRE YellSeeYay had a treat for me on the golf course this afternoon. I saw the whole display - takeoff and a steep climb with two rolls and a turn at the top of the climb, a tight turn putting it back in line with the runway for an inverted flight. I loved it. So far this is the best I have seen from the LCA.

The group playing with me (who misidentified a group of 4 Jags as MiG 21) all stooped to watch the display as I had done and one of them even said "awesome its dancing like a kite". I told them it is our own SDRE LCA.
Hopefully, someone will have good spot to take the full LCA flight performance - from takeoff to landing.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

srai wrote:
Hopefully, someone will have good spot to take the full LCA flight performance - from takeoff to landing.
I will do my best. Prior experience tells me that the people with business passes are not in the best place for videos. The mango public in the ADVA (Air Display Viewing Area) get a better view - at least that what it was like in previous years and some of my best videos are from that area. Hopefully a lot of other fellow SDREs will also do some serious video work.

Am going prepared to return with aching legs and a crick in my neck.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5sP7XwykNSM/T ... 0/ome4.jpg

I see two Rafales in the front, and I can't figure out the rest behind them. anyone?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

SaiK wrote:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5sP7XwykNSM/T ... 0/ome4.jpg

I see two Rafales in the front, and I can't figure out the rest behind them. anyone?
Two Rafales, two F-16s to their left, 2 (or maybe 1) F-18, followed by 2 Typhoons and an MKI.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

After the Rafales, there seem to be 2 Solah's followed by 2 Super Keeda and the Typhoons with our MKI at the fag end...
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Shahid Kapur to fly F-16 IN at AeroIndia 2011
He will be the first actor till date to fly an F-16 at Aero India 2011

Shahid Kapur will be the first actor in the world to fly the F-16 IN Super Viper fighter plane. Till today no actor has got a chance to sit in one of the fastest flying planes in the world. Shahid will participate in the Aero India 2011 in Bangalore where he will fly the plane on February 11.

A source reveals that he has been preparing for this for the last few months. "He's gone through rigorous training for the last one month and will continue to do so till his flying date. Apart from the training, there are a number of medical tests that need to be approved before he can actually sit in the cockpit.

The experience will help Shahid prepare better for his role of an Air-Force pilot in his next film Mausam.

Most of these tests are related to flying at a very high velocity and making sure the person doesn't suffer from motion sickness. Till now he's passed most of the medical tests and there are a couple more which will happen in the coming days."

Before he gets into the cockpit he will run a flight simulation test which will be like flying the actual flight in the same conditions. Shahid will fly the plane at the Indian Air Force Station Yelahanka, as a part of the show which goes on air from February 9 to 13.

Other than Shahid, Ratan Tata has been the only other Indian to have got permission to fly the F16. Tata flew a 20 mins sortie in a twin seat F-16 at the 2007 Aero India Show.

Incidentally, Shahid plays an Air Force pilot in his father Pankaj Kapoor's directorial debut Mausam opposite Sonam Kapoor. As a part of his role, he's getting acquainted with the various aspects of fighter planes and also meeting air-force personnel to get in depth knowledge.

Sheetal Talwar producer of Mausam confirms. "Yes Shahid would be flying F 16. Shahid would get the opportunity to feel the thrills, major adrenaline rush that a pilot goes through during course of duty."
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

busy morning at HAL.

4 Jags with drop tanks landed, followed shortly by 2 more. then one an32, dornier, dornier, an32, dornier.

then the menacing black shape of LCH practising its routine. one part is a steep nose pointing nearly vertical dive followed by a left turn level.
Last edited by Singha on 05 Feb 2011 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Sid wrote:Tarmak007 aka Ananth Krishan's blog sayz The Mighty Chinese will take part in our humble air show.

Man they sure are gate crashers.
Here comes the details - Click
A military source has confirmed to Aviation Week that a delegation of Chinese journalists and businesspeople will be present during the five-day Aero India show opening Feb. 9 in Bengaluru. China, Pakistan and Iran were not among the initial roster of invitees. “China has accepted India’s invitation,” the source says.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Newbee Q - Guys - At AeroIndia so many aircrafts and new tech; all this becomes a fav spot for Spies and agencies... how do we deal with such things or i am too overreacting...
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Folks,
I bought a business pass at SBI Jay 2nd block branch. No credit accepted and long line. Whole process took almost 2hrs. Anyway, I was wondering if we could compile list of questions that could be asked about various products.

Is navy displaying its 29K at the airshow?

Regards,
-Z
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Saw a Hawk doing some low level flying in the morning!!
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Marten wrote: What a morning. Jags shook up the house!
Yep.. Jags are really on the role. Runs in the morning and the in the evening.

Ok. Can I get the list of people who are planning to visit AI on Friday (11th Feb). It will be easier to meet-up there that way.
Drishyaman
BRFite

Post by Drishyaman »

Any news on Rustom 1 and Rustom H ? Is any one of them going to fly in Aero India ?
Boreas
BRFite

Post by Boreas »

Marten wrote:Singha saar, saw the three Sarangs now. What a morning. Jags shook up the house!

Something else is rumbling... either that's another flight landing or a neighborhood tractor with a tweaked exhaust. ;)
they would have brushed up my roof if flying any lower :mrgreen:
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

B_Ambuj wrote:Any news on Rustom 1 and Rustom H ? Is any one of them going to fly in Aero India ?
I doubt it. And I doubt if the LCH flies at AI09 . Both of them have not been certified and after the Saras crash investigation report, the DGCA will be doubly careful.
But I do not think there is any harm in LCH flies basic maneouvres far away from the crowd .
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

KrishG wrote:

Ok. Can I get the list of people who are planning to visit AI on Friday (11th Feb). It will be easier to meet-up there that way.
Krish,
Will email when I get the tickets arranged . I am planning to visit on the 11th as well.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

For the videos, I imagine our BRFites will occupy vantage positions and capture a single flight from different angles, and collating it later to have a beautiful tapestry and as usual expect to see some brutally honest incisive reporting on the lines of Prasad/Kmehta/Rockall garus did last time.

Shiv garu you could possibly visit the golf course prior to AI11 and capture practice videos ?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

suryag wrote: Shiv garu you could possibly visit the golf course prior to AI11 and capture practice videos ?
Not too much going on outside HAL.

Still, I need to kick myself. The best time to get videos from outside Yelahanka (from the road :mrgreen: ) is on the 9th - the first day which is always the most useless day for mango man. And I went and booked all my week's appointments for the 9th anticipating that I would not go on the 9th. Will surely miss the 5 AC LCA
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

usually there's a full dress rehearsal on the sunday before the Aero india begins. For the families of the armed forces personnel stationed in bangalore. Hopefully someone living close to yelhanka can just check this out and see how the flying display is lined up.
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

=== Aero India BR Meetup ==

Everyone, I'm not able to follow details of the BR Meetup.

Do we need a separate thread for that?

I'll be in Bangalore 8th, 9th and 10th. Would love to catchup and interact with BRfites.

- Sri
ashmaharaj

Post by ashmaharaj »

Hi All

I am planning to visit on the 10th.However I need to buy the tickets. Would love to meet others visiting on the same day
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

To be very honest - I am hoping not to meet anyone on the day/s I visit for the simple reason that there is so much to see, do and ask that there is absolutely no time for socialization.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

KrishG wrote:

Yeah I'm going on Friday, unless my boss threatens to kick me out for taking off on that day.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

shiv wrote:
srai wrote:
I will do my best. Prior experience tells me that the people with business passes are not in the best place for videos. The mango public in the ADVA (Air Display Viewing Area) get a better view - at least that what it was like in previous years and some of my best videos are from that area. Hopefully a lot of other fellow SDREs will also do some serious video work.

Am going prepared to return with aching legs and a crick in my neck.
ADVA is indeed better for videos and photos of flying displays, the business area is better for static displays. Of course if you are in the ADVA you don't get to visit the exhibition area. AI has gotten so big now that anyway one day is not enough to do it justice.

I think doing both videos and stills will be a problem as you can't do justice to both.
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

I am planning to visit on the 11 and 12.I too would like to meet you guys.How do I contact anybody?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: IJT at Aero India 2011

Post by shiv »

Anyone with any issues about the SDRE finish of this aircraft?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zUe7sq7m3h0/T ... 0/IJT1.jpg
vishnu.nv
BRFite

Post by vishnu.nv »

WOW... IJT is looking awesome!!!!! Still they could have selected some other Color combo!!! :)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

sweet...puts a bmw/acura finish to shame.
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

First Pics from the Aero India
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Great pics!!

BTW what gives.

This Aviation Week pre Aero India report says "India is already buying the Su-35" - at exactly 4 min 59 sec :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7V94ciuOQ4
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^@2.00 the super hornets survived couple of crow hits! :mrgreen:
Bihanga
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Bihanga »

Perhaps we may get some really good customers for Dhurv as well as IJT.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Beauties! - Thats the IJT LSP ? S3851?
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

The first two IJT were S3474 and S3466. So this looks like the 3rd one.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

fantastic, I was wondering about that, not being able to recall the numbers. that said, what procedure are they following, looks quite random to me. 3466, 3474 and 3851 ?
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

Dileep,
I just sent you an email about Aero India. Thanks.