AeroIndia 2011

Kapil
Webmaster BR

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by Kapil »

Hello namesake 8)

No BR Stall this year...lots of issues behind that Victor. Don't cancel your visit. But I will be lurking and taking pics and strolling instead of running.
Gosh-it will be like my first Aero India..the 2001 one..

Yes,lets have a BR Meet

Will post more later

cheers

Kapil
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Awwww... Was hoping to visit the BR stall and meet the people and buy some stuff...
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

Can we please quickly decide on the details of the BR meet? A couple friends and I are planning to come to Aero India for 1-2 days, and we would like to attend the meet.

We need to make the arrangements as soon as possible. Please post the day and time in this thread; the details of the venue can be shared over email. Thanks for your help.
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

bump

If we are going to have a BR meet at this year's Aero India, can we please decide on it soon? A number of people need to make travel plans ... Thanks. :)
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

Hi Kapil,

I hope to be there over the weekend - hope you have the BR meet then!

-s
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

Hello after a REALLY REALLY Long time (way too many reasons for that, but anyway)

Based on last time's experience, I'd like to suggest anyone wanting loads of info from the sources to try and attend the Aero Seminar. Experts would be able to gather loads just by reading between the lines. And theres troves of info available about the trends and such. And given the heating up with the MMRCA bid, expect a load of fireworks from the Khans and the Frenchies.

Its a bit pricey though (7500 Rs registration for the seminar), so while I will try and attend it again, can't promise (weekday commitments might also bang their foot in the way).

Re the BRF meet... if it could be in a less expensive place, that might incentivize attendance. I for one might find it difficult to attend if the cost is like 1000 Rs or something :-).

P.S.... if There isnt a BRF stall, we'll need to figure out an official meeting place for enthusiasts. :-)
prabhug
BRFite

Post by prabhug »

I am in for BR meet
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

K Prasad,

Thanks for the info. Hmm ... I'm not sure what you're referring to by the "aero seminar." There are a number of technical sessions (that look fascinating), but they're free of charge. There is a charge of 5,000 Rs. for the seminars relating to procurement procedure (offsets, etc.). To my mind, that's reasonable ... It's companies which can afford 5,000 Rs. that would be interested in the details of offsets, etc.

https://www.aeroindia.in/TechnicalSessions.aspx

Could you clarify?

Also, could you post your email address? Thanks.
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

Admins, given the importance of Aero India, could we make this thread a sticky for the next month? Thanks.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

k prasad wrote:Its a bit pricey though (7500 Rs registration for the seminar), so while I will try and attend it again, can't promise (weekday commitments might also bang their foot in the way).
The last date for registration for the seminar was 31st December. Then again, it's way too pricey at Rs. 7500.
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

KrishG, thanks for the info. FYI, it looks like the deadline has been extended to Jan. 15th.

http://www.aeroindiaseminar.com/AeroInd ... ation.aspx

A 7,500 Rs. registration fee is quite a bit, though.
shukla
BRFite

Post by shukla »

Fancy flying the Gripen guys?

Answer questions and fly an advanced fighter jet
Sify News
A Swedish defence firm has brought to Indian combat aircraft lovers an opportunity to fly one of the world's most advanced multi-role fighter jet after answering some questions posted on the company's website. The winner will be flown in SAAB's most advanced multi-role fighter aircraft, the Gripen, during the Feb 9-13 Aero India air show in Bangalore.

All a contestant needs to do is simply answer a set of questions or fly any flight simulation of the Gripen at www.gripentopgun.com, a company statement said. 'The Gripen Top Guns contest has an amateur and professional level challenge to test the knowledge of aircraft buffs while providing an opportunity to enter their best flying effort on the Gripen and take a shot at flying the real Gripen,' the statement said.

'The Gripen game entries will be judged by top Swedish and Indian pilots to select a few who will get a shot at flying the real Gripen aircraft simulator. Out of the five chosen simulator pilots, one will get to fly the real thing: the JAS 39 Gripen.' To top it, for those not really interested in the technical end but love the look and feel of the aircraft, the Gripen Top Guns contest opens a Model Hunt in which 12 participants will make it to the first ever Gripen India calendar. Three Gripen aircraft will be arriving in Bangalore for the air show.

'We believe that more the people of India get to see and understand the complex technologies that make flying and guarding the skies both simple and effective, the more will be the appreciation of the history of Swedish aircraft technology and Swedish technologies,' Edvard de la Motte, campaign director, Gripen International India said in the statement.

Apart from the grand prize of a flight in the Gripen, the contest has a host of prizes for those who get it right and win in the draw of lots, including Gripen fighter pilot flying suits, Gripen aviator glasses, Gripen exclusive calendars signed by Swedish test pilots as well as Gripen goodies, including Gripen key tags, badges, stickers and pens.
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

Kapil wrote:Hello namesake 8)

No BR Stall this year...lots of issues behind that Victor. Don't cancel your visit. But I will be lurking and taking pics and strolling instead of running.
Gosh-it will be like my first Aero India..the 2001 one..

Yes,lets have a BR Meet

Will post more later

cheers

Kapil
looks like AI is really losing its sheen - no Kedar . no Jagan , no Kersi and now no BR stall ( Kapil's trademark)- for the regulars its a real let down - not sure if our Gora regulars are planning to come down

Anshul had organised the BR last meet and we had a great slide show from Kedar , Simon (Phil) et al - hopefully that tradition will continue
shukla
BRFite

Post by shukla »

EF @ AeroIndia - Shiv Aroor

shukla
BRFite

Post by shukla »

Rafales Coming To Aero India
- Shiv Aroor
Two Rafales will make their first public Indian appearance at Aero India 2011 next month at the IAF's Yelahanka air force base.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Just went through the hassle of buying a pass for AI from the web site.

After taking the card info, they gave me a heart attack by showing the amount as 100000 on the receipt. The receipt do not have the unique id they asked to present at the counter to get the pass. It was sent in an email, the whole content of which was:
Thank you for registering as Business Visitor at Aero India 2011
Your Unique Registration ID is- AISUCKRIPOFF04/420
For any further query contact marketing@aeroindia.in
that's it!!!
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

But the amount debited to the account is the actual price of the ticket, right???
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Well, till I got the SMS alert of being debited Image 1000.00, I was kind of palpitating.

I did try to get an Oss Pass (ഓസ് പാസ്: Freeload Pass) via my bro. No luck.

The tix is for weekend, so 12th Saturday is the day. Planning to take the bus to arrive in the morning, spend the day and return by bus late evening. I know it is too short, but that's all I can afford to do.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

You are sooooo screwed. Saturdays and Sundays are so jam packed its not funny. Best to cough up the dough and get a business pass and go on a weekday.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

It is a bijness pass onlee. There is logistics problem for a weekday visit, so had to compromise.

AI Tix booked. Bus tix booked. Bath&Breakfast arranged. Transportation arranged (thanx, Marten)

All set onlee!!

Anyone going around the same day?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Me too planning to come on the same day...
Waiting to get the official confirmation that i will not be getting any tickets from my dad's office(an Equipment Depot) to go ahead and book...
Just hope its not too late..
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Dear all,
Please note that gates open 1 hour ahead of the opening times.

I am planning to be there on:
- 11.Feb.2011 (Friday) at 0830 HRS .
Ideally I would like to start at 7.00 AM and reach the place well in advance.
Is anyone else planning to be there on the same date / time ( with whom I can hitchhike )?
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Neela wrote:Dear all,

Is anyone else planning to be there on the same date / time ( with whom I can hitchhike )?
I might be visiting on the same day. I'll send you an email when I'm fully certain.
ashmaharaj

Post by ashmaharaj »

Hi All

I am planning to visit on thursday the 10 th. Just made the transportation arrangements from Chennai.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Mods..
Request that this thread be made into a sticky or an announcement considering that the event is just around the corner and there's going to be a lot of posts to co-ordinate visits and meets.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Made it a sticky.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Thanks, ramanagaru...
Kailash
BRFite

Post by Kailash »

IITians to give academic edge to air show
This is just the tonic IITs and Aero India needed. The 2011 edition of Aero India will have students and faculty from at least five IITs presenting their ideas on cutting-edge concepts in aerospace and aircraft development.

IIT-Kanpur is expected to participate given that it has a strong aerospace department. Students may make presentations on aerofoils and delta-wing and build a model of aircraft wing. Those of IIT Mumbai are expected to look at presentations on miniature aerial vehicles, composites and propulsion related to power and engines.

Propulsion is a hot-and-happening area as engine development in the country requires urgent intellectual input. IIT Delhi and IIT Chennai have plans to make presentations on aerospace.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

KrishG wrote:
Neela wrote:Dear all,

I might be visiting on the same day. I'll send you an email when I'm fully certain.
KrishG,
are you in Bangalore?
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Neela wrote: KrishG,
are you in Bangalore?
Yes!
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

k prasad wrote:Hello after a REALLY REALLY Long time (way too many reasons for that, but anyway)

Based on last time's experience, I'd like to suggest anyone wanting loads of info from the sources to try and attend the Aero Seminar. Experts would be able to gather loads just by reading between the lines. And theres troves of info available about the trends and such. And given the heating up with the MMRCA bid, expect a load of fireworks from the Khans and the Frenchies.

Its a bit pricey though (7500 Rs registration for the seminar), so while I will try and attend it again, can't promise (weekday commitments might also bang their foot in the way).

Re the BRF meet... if it could be in a less expensive place, that might incentivize attendance. I for one might find it difficult to attend if the cost is like 1000 Rs or something :-).

P.S.... if There isnt a BRF stall, we'll need to figure out an official meeting place for enthusiasts. :-)
K Prasad, am really hoping that if you go, you'd give the same type of excellent reports that you gave during AI-09.
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

Guys, please get as much info on the Tejas Mk2 and AMCA as possible. These will be two very high profile projects in the coming years.
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

Sounds like i will be coming to aero india 2011.
what is the status of the br meet
adarshp
BRFite -Trainee

Post by adarshp »

Unfortunately I will not be there. Can I please ask anyone going to please enquire about the status of the current Kaveri K9 engine that passed tests recently, if there is stall by GTRE. Can we know what the achieved dry and wet thrust numbers are? Also, is there any continued work on the indigenous core?

Thanks in Advance.
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

Kartik wrote:
k prasad wrote:Hello after a REALLY REALLY Long time (way too many reasons for that, but anyway)

K Prasad, am really hoping that if you go, you'd give the same type of excellent reports that you gave during AI-09.

I second that.. was wondering where you had disappeared K.Prasad..

You collected really good info.. I had planned to attend the seminar this year, but I cannot be in Bangalore during that time.. It will be really great for BR if K.Prasad can attend..

otherwise - can Kartik or Vina attend?

Katik, KPrasad, Vina - can you plz email me at band318 at gee mail dot com
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Would be berry interesting to know what our IITs would present on composites and propulsion.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Scene hots up for Aero India 2011
The highlight of BEL’s outdoor display will be the entire range of sub-systems that constitute Akash, the indigenous guided missile air defence weapon system. Another major system is Weapon Locating Radar, the state-of-the-art passive, phased array radar which has undergone successful user trials. Both these systems have been designed by the DRDO.
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

so who's organising BR Blr meet this time

Shiv has been the magnanimous host for many a previous AI meet which he graciously hosted in his house and last time it was Anshul , self and a few others who planned and ( Anshul) who hosted the show in a hotel in KMA - any takers this time ?
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

Could we decide on a time for the BR meet? I'm planning to attend the exhibition on Thursday and Friday, but it looks like most people are only able to come on Saturday. So, then, do we meet for lunch or dinner on Saturday? Right now, I don't plan to buy an AeroIndia ticket for Saturday, but I'll stay in Bangalore so I can attend the meet.

I'll echo Krishna_J's question: who's organizing the meet?

Mods, please do make this thread a sticky: it doesn't seem to be a sticky, currently.

If the meet takes place at a restaurant, I would kindly request an inexpensive one. Some friends of mine are interested in coming, and they are students. Thanks.