Aero India 2013

Hiten
BRFite

Re: Aero India 2013

Post by Hiten »

talks from the 'Technology Innovation' session

Critical Lessons Learnt From The Design And Development Of India's Light Combat Aircraft [LCA] Tejas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IetllK9z65s
w.r.t. the LCA programme, the IAF displays a very "Us" [IAF] Vs "Them" [ADA+HAL] attitude. For a country which run a single such programme, of national significance, such outlook is unhelpful, to say the least

Meanwhile for the JSF programme is going from strength to strength keeping up with the ever increasing demands of the end-user
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02 ... jet-specs/

Designing the Flight control laws of the LCA Tejas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hD9v5Lg9Xc
He speaks of hands-off take-off for the LCA Navy. Wouldn't it be the 1st operational ski jump aircraft that has declared proposal for incorporating this feature?

Basic Challenges Of Aviation Science In The 21st Century
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAnBT_XWKqI

Erosion Resistant Coatings For Aerospace Applications
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3H1dO1-nVI
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

@NRao , sir the freeloaders are going to be everywhere!

@Nick_S I used a Nikon D800E body along with a Nikon 70-200 and a Nikon 500 f/4 I also carried a 1.4 TC which was on the 70-200 most of the time.
Some pictures were taken with the 500+1.4 TC. All images were taken handheld.
I hope my gear does not take away all the credit ;-) i did push the button and twiddle with the settings often.

@jamwal thank you again, yes am open to talking to induviduals / publications who might want to use my pictures that is my revenue stream.
at the risk of getting banned for commercial post I would like take this thread offline :-) feel free to contact me.

Since several of you, have my / other photographers interest in mind, and want me/us to watermark in the center...
Let me ask you a question, Does it mean i can put up bigger images and put a prominent watermark in the center??
My answer - that's worse!

Todays Image manipulation programs can, with some effort remove what looks like a difficult watermark!
So i took this call, most of my images that can bee seen publicly may be about 1024 px on the longer side @72 DPI.

I dont mind individuals downloading my image by hook or crook and using them for *no* commercial gain.
However if some one wants to use it for print he must scale up the image to 300 DPI which will loose out on quality.
So the newspapers / mags who do this stuff. am sure may not be all that great I would care less about them.

Thank you for all the warmth you guys have shown

Regards
Praveen/photoyogi
maz
Webmaster BR

Post by maz »

Nice pix people! Well done!

Can we expect to see more brochure scans and info board pix?

Thanks
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Some Indian Beauties

James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

maz wrote:Nice pix people! Well done!

Can we expect to see more brochure scans and info board pix?

Thanks
A few, very few, updated here
Drishyaman
BRFite

Post by Drishyaman »

James B wrote:Some Indian Beauties
Beautiful pics James B. Thank you for sharing the same.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Wodnerful videos and pics of the tejas
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

pandyan wrote: Very good video of LCA @ AI2013. Watch the low speed flyby starting around 4:20.

I have to applaud the person who shot the video; covered the entire display with a handheld camera/no place for tripod/standing behind so many people.
Beautiful. Thanks for posting. Taken from the ADVA.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Hiten wrote:talks from the 'Technology Innovation' session

Critical Lessons Learnt From The Design And Development Of India's Light Combat Aircraft [LCA] Tejas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IetllK9z65s
w.r.t. the LCA programme, the IAF displays a very "Us" [IAF] Vs "Them" [ADA+HAL] attitude. For a country which run a single such programme, of national significance, such outlook is unhelpful, to say the least
:( :x :cry: :(( :(( :((
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

Here is a slide show of the Russian Knights
http://www.photoyogi.com/photos/swfpopu ... Key=k3xnN8
View Full screen :-)
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

For my friends out here... putting up a nice hi-res image that you could use as a wallpaper

Cheers!
Praveen/Photoyogi
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Was there a Finmeccanica Stall in the Aero India show? What did the brochures say?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

FM is a a giant,globally integrated,employs 70,000+.
Products include aircraft,Typhoon 37% holding (!),ATR42/72,M-346 AJT,C-27J Spartan,etc.,etc.,Sukhoi Superjet too,

Products for India-recent times:
AW-101 VVIP helo,RAN 40L long range radar for the IN,MICA AAM,Signalling and Controls for the Calcutta Metro,Oto Melara naval guns,WASS light/heavy weight torpedoes,anti-T countermeasures,
MBDA missiles-whole range.

It has a finger in almost every EU defence pie and so ,if going strictly by the Saint's book,we ban the whole lot,EU defence companies might as well pack up and leave the whole bonanza for the Russians,Yanquis ,Israelis and others yet to be found out.
member_24612
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_24612 »

Brilliant shot Photoyogi!

Here's one more way to intimidate your enemy... :lol:

Click on the image below for the high-resolution photo!

Cheers,
Vivek
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

A poster named Twinblade posted this video on Keypub forums. This was the video that I was alluding to..it was being shown in the LCA display area, and features Cmde Maolankar flying the Tejas with a camera in the cockpit and under the fuselage. The Tejas just seems languid and easy to fly..and it shows that the pilot has quite a good view even in the rear sectors.

Youtube video link
member_24612
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_24612 »

Kartik wrote:.it was being shown in the LCA display area, and features Cmde Maolankar flying the Tejas with a camera in the cockpit and under the fuselage. The Tejas just seems languid and easy to fly..and it shows that the pilot has quite a good view even in the rear sectors.
Lovely video! Cmde Maolankar looks so much at ease, flying the aircraft. No shudders, jerks or rapid body movements!

I could relate to the flight path taken by the Tejas after take-off and returning for a low fly past over the runway as I was there watching all the action from the static display area! :)

Vivek
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

A poster named Twinblade posted this video on Keypub forums
That place is filled to the brim with Pakis and Chinese Drones and frankly some rank morons.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Kartik wrote:A poster named Twinblade posted this video on Keypub forums. This was the video that I was alluding to..it was being shown in the LCA display area, and features Cmde Maolankar flying the Tejas with a camera in the cockpit and under the fuselage. The Tejas just seems languid and easy to fly..and it shows that the pilot has quite a good view even in the rear sectors.

Youtube video link
The behaviour of the exhaust nozzle is interesting. It stays open throughout the second segment of the video. In the third, low res segment it appears closed but open briefly for one second during approach and then closes. It opens again just before the chute is deployed and stays open.

Seems to be linked to the throttle but does not give any indication of when afterburner was used.
member_20453
BRFite

Post by member_20453 »

Awesome camera and awesome Pics Pyogi. Those body and glass is pricey but well worth the results, fantastic specially in the hands of a pro :)
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

talks from the 'Futuristic Air Power Scenerio' session

Prototype To Production - Hindustan Aeronautics Limited [HAL] Perspective
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1RVkKDi_f8

Boeing Commercial To Military Derivative Applications
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObaIYp_y2zs

Brief Description Of The Swedish Air Force
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SrymGjtGE

Lt. General [Retd] Dr. VJ Sundaram, Indian Army, Sharing His Thoughts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BASMdYjvEk0
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

Thank you for your comments on the Rudra .. I got a couple of mails reg that particular image, I must admit am humbled!

Heres to all the Tejas fans, heres some thing of interest :-)
Tejas is not an easy bird as you are aware, its small, lighting fast and the maneuvers are very quick, to get a good angle has been a challenge :-)

Click on the URL for a slide show
http://www.photoyogi.com/photos/swfpopu ... Key=zz4LT7

Cheers!
Praveen/Photoyogi
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Thanks PhotoYogi for the hi-res Rudra image above. That has got to be one of the clearest and best images of an Indian made flying machine.
I am always partial to helicopters that are painted completely black. No pinstripes, no childish stickers (roaring tiger, shark etc). It should be simple, aggressive and conveys business, for a military machine.

HAL has come through in this case (for me). LAH TD1 was almost there. But the roaring tiger makes it childish, IMHO.

Thanks HAL!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

pyogi wrote:Thank you for your comments on the Rudra .. I got a couple of mails reg that particular image, I must admit am humbled!

Tejas is not an easy bird as you are aware, its small, lighting fast and the maneuvers are very quick, to get a good angle has been a challenge :-)

Cheers!
Praveen/Photoyogi
These are some of the best images I have seen and one is my desktop image. Thanks and may a million houris massage your aching shoulders for lugging that equipment around for giving us eye candy
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Swami Chitrapraveena Photoyogananda, great pix. I liked the Tejas take-off at dawn, with the landing gear still deployed.
Vivekman: good picture of the ALH in digital camouflage...makes my head spin each time I see digital camo. It hides in plain sight.
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

SriKumar wrote:Swami Chitrapraveena Photoyogananda, great pix. I liked the Tejas take-off at dawn, with the landing gear still deployed.
OMG! this must be the funniest one yet! sirji... i accept your (rather long) nickname but am happy to be Praveen/Photoyogi

Photo = latin word for light
Yogi = any person (worker) who is does his "work" (yoga)
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

shiv wrote: These are some of the best images I have seen and one is my desktop image. Thanks and may a million houris massage your aching shoulders for lugging that equipment around for giving us eye candy
Thank you Shiv sir :-) the massage part of it is very much required, the Camera and Lens combo weighs about 5 Kg and tracking an aircraft more than 45 seconds was really quite difficult.
Glad to see the results well received among us.

Cheers!
Praveen/Photoyogi
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

rgsrini wrote:Thanks PhotoYogi for the hi-res Rudra image above. That has got to be one of the clearest and best images of an Indian made flying machine.
I am always partial to helicopters that are painted completely black. No pinstripes, no childish stickers (roaring tiger, shark etc). It should be simple, aggressive and conveys business, for a military machine.

HAL has come through in this case (for me). LAH TD1 was almost there. But the roaring tiger makes it childish, IMHO.

Thanks HAL!
Yes rightly pointed out - its looks like a mean killer machine!!!
The original file on my PC is a 200+ MB Tiff file suitable for a huge poster or an elegant cover shot of a magazine ;-)
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

pyogi wrote: Thank you Shiv sir :-) the massage part of it is very much required, the Camera and Lens combo weighs about 5 Kg and tracking an aircraft more than 45 seconds was really quite difficult.
It is an endurance test even with a lightweight camera - and the February sunshine in Bangalore does not help.
And Aero India gives no one a place to sit.

I think Aero India is being run like 1960s trains. Hard wooden boards for berths and jump off and eat at station before trains leaves or get left behind.

A little bit more sophistication is required. There should be some umbrellas and a few chairs/benches for shade. It is people who visit aero India and many pay Rs 2000 per day. They are not beggars or slaves. I have seen some of the most fraudulent pretentious crap being posted by the organ-risers of Aero India like "Lounge suits only". Stupid government babu mentality idiocy needs to go. We are a nation of young people with great potential and this officious tripe vomited out at every Aero India needs to be replaced with a realization of the fact that aviation depends on the public and taxpayer and they too have a role and must be allowed to see.

And this typical Indian tourism dept crap having caste system of Rs 2000 Hotel Ashok meals for firangis - imagining they are all loaded and some crap or nothing dished out for desis.
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

pyogi wrote:Thank you for your comments on the Rudra .. I got a couple of mails reg that particular image, I must admit am humbled!

Cheers!
Praveen/Photoyogi
These pictures are mind blowing.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

I looked at all your photos pyogi. Awesome and clearly a couple of steps up from your AI 2011 photos.

Thanks very much for sharing them here for our viewing pleasure.
MN Kumar
BRFite

Post by MN Kumar »

LCA cockpit video during AeroIndia 2013

[youtube]1eThatTQcSU#![/youtube]
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photo:

Shri AK Anthony arrives to deliver a speech & Inaugurate Aero India 2013 in his aerial Ambassador instead of what ideally should have been the AW101 ► http://www.airliners.net/photo/2229096/L/
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

merlin wrote:I looked at all your photos pyogi. Awesome and clearly a couple of steps up from your AI 2011 photos.

Thanks very much for sharing them here for our viewing pleasure.
Thanks for your comments on the gallery as well, Merlin :-)
The Equipment values has gone up 5.5x from what i used in 2011.
Tho its kinda OT, the cost of achieving the the extra 10-20% in image quality the investments go up very steeply :-)
Unfortunately this barrier is often the limiting factor for most enthusiasts.
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

Here is a treat for aviation enthusiasts
Watch a frame by frame slide show of the sukhoi SU27 landing
http://www.photoyogi.com/photos/swfpopu ... Key=MdcczG
Cheers!
Praveen/Photoyogi
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photos:

¤ Opening Ceremony Fly-By ¤

VayuSena Mi17 Carrying the Flag of Aero India 2013 ► http://www.airliners.net/photo/2229659/L/

Mi17s Carrying the Flag of Hindustan & the Sena ► http://www.airliners.net/photo/2229660/L/
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Breathtakingly amazing photos. Hats off to all the wonderful men, and their clicking machines.
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

Sukhoi 30 MKI again a high res image for you..