Pls tag your Aero India tweets with the hash-tag ⇒ #AeroIndia
And also pls tag your Flickr photos with "Aero India" ⇒ Aero India
for all to follow

Here's hoping for a great show Image
nash
BRFite

Re: Aero India 2013

Post by nash »

great.. Only 2 months left....This time i will not this opportunity.
anand_sankar
BRFite

Post by anand_sankar »

The last Aero India I covered was 2007. Have missed 09 and '11 due to other assignments. Same case with 2013, I'm at the Kumbh Mela, dunno whether I'm happy or sad. :-?
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

Hey guys,

Can we fix up a meet of BRFites at Aero India. Like a time and place we could meet?

It would be great to meet you all, who are there.

Cheers
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Dileep ji dont forget the camera this time :mrgreen:
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

rajanb wrote:Hey guys,

Can we fix up a meet of BRFites at Aero India. Like a time and place we could meet?

It would be great to meet you all, who are there.

Cheers
Would love a BLR BR meet,
pls fix-up a date & venue so that i can plan my BOM-BLR-BOM tickets accordingly Image
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Brando
BRFite

Post by Brando »

The entry charge is "INR 400 and $15" ??

What does that mean ? Why not just mention the total ??
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

man this GATE exam is on 10th FEB ...........damn

i was waiting for this for almost 2 years ................. :cry: :cry: :cry:
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

Having been in every AI since 1999 - Sadly in recent times AI is losing its sheen - many of the BR expat regulars have been skipping this in recent times

Most of the desi regulars were also missing last time -but as long as Shiv is in town a meetup is never an issue - hopefully we will see Phil again

The meet we had in 2007 which Anshul had organised was the best - a meetup in a hotel in Koramangala with a projector and sessions from Phil /Simon's photos , Kedar and Sanjay's superb photos and yarrns :D
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

I guess this time there will be no SKAT at AI-13! Website doesn't provide any details about participants (planes, countries) etc. Does any one on the inside know if there will be any aerobatic team (from India or else where) this time?

Due to on-going light transport aircraft tender, hopefully we can expect C-27J Spartan & C-295.

This person would be happy if either Russian Knights and/or Strizhi teams are invited in lieu of SKAT :D

Hopefully, MiG-29UPG will be displayed and if possible an aerial demonstration. Would love to get close up views of MiG-29K. Rafale definitely would be a visual treat. LCA envelope would be expanded compared to last time.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Yes,BR regular attendence has dwindled in recent times.Kersi spoke to me last evening,unlikely he will be there.Hope to be present,but have relatives from abroad also coming to town.Will check with Shiv what we can do for a meeting.We nee a good venue.I have some "starred" pals who hopefully could be roped in for an evening.Let's keep fingers crossed.
karan_mc
BRFite

Post by karan_mc »

I had visited 2011 AeroIndia , and it was fab , i knew it will be last time i will see all MMRCA contestant at one time and excitement to see Tejas MK-II models so had to a kill far away relative for leave :lol: :lol: , but this time i will not go due to other works , but i think there will be less buzz this time , i don't think there will be some thing new this time other then a Mock up of Tejas MK-II .
Nick_S
BRFite

Post by Nick_S »

Zynda wrote: This person would be happy if either Russian Knights and/or Strizhi teams are invited in lieu of SKAT :D
Are the Russian Knights switching over to the Su-30SM ?
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Nick_S wrote: Are the Russian Knights switching over to the Su-30SM ?
Per this article, Russian Knights will receive both Su-30SM and Su-35C aircrafts.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

I am in.. Praying with all my might to get access on the first day of the show with my gear.. Will be visiting twice for sure.. Probably a third, if the show is good..
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Zynda wrote:I guess this time there will be no SKAT at AI-13!
That is Correct Image
Zynda wrote:Website doesn't provide any details about participants (planes, countries) etc.
I'm yet to come across 1 sarkari website that provides any accurate info, the AI website was the same for last year - clueless.
Had to find-out everything from panwalahs :wink:
Zynda wrote:Does any one on the inside know if there will be any aerobatic team (from India or else where) this time?
Remains to be seen if Image comes.
They were here for the 2011 edition & i can tell you NO OTHER a/c demo - not even SKAT or Sarang evoked as many gasps & applause as theirs.
Their 2013 schedule isn't updated on their site yet but they may just come.
Zynda wrote:- This person would be happy if either Russian Knights and/or Strizhi teams are invited in lieu of SKAT :D
- Hopefully, MiG-29UPG will be displayed and if possible an aerial demonstration. Would love to get close up views of MiG-29K.
- Rafale definitely would be a visual treat.
+1 Image

I'm gonna try coming but not with many expectations, hoping that by some miracle Boeing manages to get VayuSena's Prithviraj ready intime for the show - unlikely but what the heck.
IN's P8i should come - again, don't know if it would or not

As for the fighter demos - the scenario looks pretty bleak: Gripen, Eurofighter, Solah, SH, Rambha, Katrina & Tejas
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Vishal Jolapara wrote: As for the fighter demos - the scenario looks pretty bleak: Gripen, Eurofighter, Solah, SH, Rambha, Katrina & Tejas
2001 was my first Aero India. There was a flying demo of MiG-27, Jaguar and Tornado from RAF. Perhaps Shiv can give a more accurate list since he usually documents AI events.

In 2003, I think the Mirage Aerobatic Team performed and they were awesome. Sadly the team died. I remember watching M2Ks practicing their moves above the skies of BLR (& my place) few weeks before AI. Had no clue they were practicing for demonstrations. LOL. Great times they were!

2005, there were a couple of F-15E Strike Eagles on the tarmac which had flown all the way from Alaska. One of the pilots was an Indian American too (there was a small article about him on the papers during that time). If I remember correctly, Rambha made her first AI debut during the same year.

2011 was the best AI as far as I am concerned.

Hopefully there will be surprises like year 2005...nations which have good relations with India would send in a couple of aircrafts as a sign of goodwill and not for sales pitch unlike last AI. One can only hope.

Vishal, perhaps this is a little bit early, but any of your panwalahs know about the roster for AI-13?
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

This should be my first. Could anyone tell me which day is better to go? Will buy the ticket accordingly. Weekday is not an issue for me. Is it safe to take little kids?
karan_mc
BRFite

Post by karan_mc »

This Time they should bring P8I and EMB-145 AWACS and Naval LCA, Surya Kiran have been dismantled so is Sagar Pawan , so Sarang Team will have to chip-in
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

saravana wrote:This should be my first. Could anyone tell me which day is better to go? Will buy the ticket accordingly. Weekday is not an issue for me. Is it safe to take little kids?
Well, it depends on what you want to do. If you wanna do more than just watching parked aircrafts on tarmac and flight demonstration, business days are best. You get a chance to see latest defense exhibits from various countries/corporations; interact with them and ask questions.

Avoid Wednesday (opening day) as there would be some high profile VIPs >> enhanced security, restricted movements possibly etc.

Sat & Sun is for everyone. Usually more crowded. AI website mentions that visitors below age of 16 are not allowed during business days.

There used (or still is) to be free section outside the airbase but near the part of runway where aircrafts line up for take-off. I have been there once and its not too bad. Certainly can't appreciate Sarang where most of the action is centered around show center :), but for fighter aircrafts it don't make a difference.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

We'll certainly hear & hopefully see more about LCH this time.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Will be there for sure. Have attended all except the first two (first one was actually inter avia or something not aero India) so don't want to miss out on seeing the beauties. How does one go about getting a press pass for tarmac access?
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Thanks Zynda. Most likely have to make two trips, one alone and one with family on weekend. It will be great if there are BRF guys going as a group.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Zynda wrote:Vishal, perhaps this is a little bit early, but any of your panwalahs know about the roster for AI-13?
Unlike other airshows of the world which publish and advertise their roster, Aero India's Suffix is > Image so even the panwallah(s) may not know for sure until last moment :-?
Anyways, will pass along the mava if i come across any :wink:
saravana wrote:This should be my first. Could anyone tell me which day is better to go? Will buy the ticket accordingly. Weekday is not an issue for me.
Weekdays Only! Please avoid Saturday & Sunday - all Bangalore roads leading to VOYK will be royally Trafukked-up, the crowd will be insane (in more ways than 1), thy shall not elaborate more
saravana wrote:Is it safe to take little kids?
Depends on how old the kids are, if you can hold them in your lap then cool else, they may have their feet trampled often if you're going on a Sat or Sunday, then they'll cry & howl louder than the Su30's burners
'Kids' will enjoy this > Image < you will not :D
Nothing 'Unsafe' otherwise - apart from the shortage of Sanitation, Food, Affordable Food, etc......

Bring along water or liquids to keep the sugar up in your system as it'll be complete Loot-Faat at the 1 single 'Food Court' which'll be selling Railway Station food at Multiplex Prices Image
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

:lol: Thanks Sir! Decided to go on a weekday.
Nick_S
BRFite

Post by Nick_S »

Thanksz Zynda.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

merlin wrote:Will be there for sure. Have attended all except the first two (first one was actually inter avia or something not aero India) so don't want to miss out on seeing the beauties. How does one go about getting a press pass for tarmac access?
It was Avia India 1993

If anyone is taking kids - esp little ones, go only to the Air Display Viewing area which is outside the main static display area. They will get to see the flying displays. Kids will not be allowed in the exhibition halls at all or even near the static displays on weekdays/Business days
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

^ Shiv u reffering to ADVA yea?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:^ Shiv u reffering to ADVA yea?
Yes ADVA is the "Air Display Viewing Area" which has changed over the years from a rough field where people were herded like cattle to a more civilized set up with water, snacks and chairs. Good place for amateur photographers looking for flying displays.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

^ That's a nice place to shoot from.
Although you'll have to quarrel to secure your place at the front of the fence but, its right next to the taxiway & beyond that is the runway.
Whoever's looking to get good photos, this is the place.

My IL76 shot posted above was taken from here @ 74mm focal length - so u can imagine how close you are to the action
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Interesting. So the problem is that from the ADVA you cannot enter the static display area and vice versa. Looks like you need at least two days to do the air show justice. One day for ADVA and shooting the flying display and the aircraft parked before/after their flying display. And one day for the static display side along with justice done to one hanger completely (stalls).
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I am no longer in Bangalore otherwise I could have hosted the meet just like last time. Will find any place. Can come to Bangalore gurus.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

sombhat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sombhat »

The Flying Bulls are coming. Its been updated on their website now.
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

Me shall be definitely trying to come to AI13. But not sure about extent of scoping and grilling that i can do in case i'm coming with the better half in tow :-P.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

sombhat wrote:The Flying Bulls are coming. Its been updated on their website now.
That i see but i don't get what they mean by exhibition :-?
http://www.flyingbulls.cz/start_e.html
AIRSHOWS 2013

6.-10.2.2013 >> Aero India Bangalore (exhibition) :?:
25.5.2013 >> Pila Airshow (Poland)
18.-19.5.2013 >> Ostrow Wielkopolski Michalkow (Poland)
1.-2.6.2013 >> Airshow Pardubice (CZ)
May 2013 >> Airshow Jaroměř (CZ)
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Ok so i got a brief message from the Chaiwallah which reads:
Vishal, no F16, MiG 35 or Typoon.
There will be Apache √ Chinook √ & C-17 √
Chinook(s) came in 2007, 2009, 2011
Prithviraj did Awesome Flight Displays in both AI 2007 & 2009, Static 2011
Apache - First time at AI (hopefully should perform as Amirkhans = Kings of PR Image)
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Some very interesting topics here:
http://aeroindiaseminar.com/index.php/e ... al-program

Hope they stream on the net
Monday, 04February 2013

Dr MN Burov
NPO Saturn
Main Direction of Development of Small-sized Gas-turbine Engnes for UAV

Mr Srikumar
Outstanding Scientist,
ADE, DRDO
Indian unmanned aerial systems roadmap 2012

Mr Kornev A Vladimirovich
Su-30 Design Bureau
Use of supercomputer technologies in actual task solution for creating of the new generation of aircraft complexes

Mr Shyam Chetty
Director, NAL
Certifiable Control Laws for High Performance FBW Aircraft

Air Cmde KA Muthana, VSM
NFTC, ADA
Critical Lessons learnt from the D & D of LCA

Dr Sergey L. Chernyshev
Executive Director, TsAGI
Basic Challenges of Aviation Science in the XXI Century

Maj Gen PK Bharali, VSM
Addl Dir Gen, Army Aviation
Weapon Integration and System Integration on Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv

Wg Cdr (Retd) Unni Krishna Pillai,
CTP Rotary Wing, HAL.
”Lessons learnt from the indigenous development of ALH”

Cdr KPS Kumar, NPO
“Shipborne Helicopters – Design and Integration Challenges”

Mr G Chandramouli
Scientist G Proj Dir, AKASH, DRDL , RDO
Challenges in design, development, system integration, testing, evaluation and production of Surface to Air Tactical Missile system – Akash

Mr. Diego Mendonça Fonseca

EMB145 AEW&C India: From a Regional Platform to an AEW&C Aircraft

Ms Suma Varurghese, CABS,DRDO
Indian AEW&C programme yields an operational military surveillance system, AEW&C INDIA, together with crucial state-of-the-art technologies for the system.

Gp Capt Nand Kumar Nair,
OC, Test Engg Sqn. ASTE
A new test technique for flight evaluation of infra red flares

Cmde Maolankar
NFTC, ADA
Fighter Operations from Aircraft Carrier

Air Cmde V Pande
PD (Engg Support), AHQ
Maintenance issues in indigenously inducted systems

Tuesday

Mr Anil Kumar, CMD, BEL
Aerospace Products – Industry Challenges in Design to Deployment and Beyond

Mr Suvarna Raju, Director (D & D), HAL
Prototype to Production

Dr A Sivathanu Pillai
CEO & Managing Dir, Brahmos Aerospace
“Futuristic BVR Missiles

Dr Kalghatgi
Director (R & D), BEL
Networking aspects of Airborne communications – Motivations, Challenges and Solutions

Mr PS Subramanyam,
Director (CA) & PGD ADA
Future trends in design methodology for fighter aircraft

Mr Pritam Bhavnani,
President, Honeywell International Pvt Ltd, India
Developing Indian Capability in Aerospace Technology

Wg Cdr K Sendhil Kumar, DARE, DRDO
Futuristic Engineering Flight Simulator For
Pilot Vehicle Interface (Pvi) R&D

M Shivkumar, A Kalpana,, et al, BEL
Real time middleware in Avionics

Dr. Mathews P, Samuel, CEMILAC, DRDO
Operational Envelope Verification Tests for Aeroengines

Dr Ramesh Sundaram, NAL
Manufacturing and Certification of Composite Structures – Issues and Challenges

Dr T Jayakumar
Director, Metallurgy & Materials Group, IGCAR
Advanced Non Destructive Evalution and Failure Analysis Towards Enchanced Structural Intergrity and Life Extension of Arial Platforms
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Best Aero India Samachar i've gotten so far:
Zynda wrote:This person would be happy if either Russian Knights and/or Strizhi teams are invited in lieu of SKAT :D
Zynda, your wish has come true Image

I was just told about it & confirmed the news:
http://admin.strizhi.info/

"Swifts" and "Russian Knights": Performances in 2013
Published 01/15/2013 author Strizhi.ru

Famous aerobatic team "Russian Knights" and "Swifts" and in the new year will be performing around the world!

In 2013, more than 20 performances scheduled aerobatic team "Russian Knights" and "Swifts" at various air festivals, exhibitions and shows.
7 of them are supposed to be held outside of Russia.

Russian aces demonstrate their flying skills at exhibitions "Lima-2013" in Malaysia, "Paris Airshow" in French in Le Bourget, "Airshow China" in Beijing and the "Dubai Airshow" in the United Arab Emirates.
In February, they will perform at the international air show "Aero India - 2013" in Bangalore.

Editorial: clarify the factual information about the mentioned in this press release airshow.

Aero India
06 February 2013
Yelahanka Air Base
Bengaluru, India

LIMA'13 - Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition 26 - 30 March 2013 in Langkawi.

Paris Air Show 2013
17 June 2013
Le Bourget exhibition centre, Paris

Airshow China
13 November 2013
China International Aviation Exhibition Center
Zhuhai, China (Mainland) (not Beijing and Zhuhai)

Dubai Air Show 2013
17 November 2013
Dubai International Airport
Dubai, United Arab Emirates