Aero India 2013

shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Aero India 2013

Post by shiv »

NRao wrote:Shiv's post seem to be missing the links to his pictures he took!!!
Sorry I messed up that post and it can't be edted now.

But all my pics are here and I will add some in due course
http://s1116.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... dia%202013
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Varoon Shekhar wrote:Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but Claude Arpi, who normally writes sensibly, and is sympathetic to India, made an awfully sweeping dismissal of DRDO in his rediff.com article. He said they were essentially good for building bio-toilets. After all that has been accomplished, including most recently with the Sagarika series, how can anyone sweepingly denounce DRDO?

Arpi in his feature on Aero-India is really plumbing for the Rafale, and calling for private sector involvement in defense development. But it's one thing to advocate private sector participation in armaments manufacture, quite another to be blind to the real achievements of a government/public sector organisation. Don't let your feelings/prejudices on the public vs private sector issue, get in the way of acknowledging facts and visible achievements(Agni 5, AAD, K-15 et al).
That is why one must take any and every analysis of India from foreigners with a sackful of salt.
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

And some from me.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

No,they do offer valuable insights into their objectives.If you read between the lines you often find what they want India to do in their own selfish interests.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Absolutely correct. We just need to know and be aware. The French, for instance, like to have people long term. True believers as it were. They understand that Indians, after a long time, simply accept and absorb, and even give equal (sometimes more) status/standing to someone who is not one of them. They are not the kind who will not utilise that exploit. We just need to be aware, observe.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

nash wrote:some newbie pics from me :)

http://s477.beta.photobucket.com/user/nash0503/library/?
What is this?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

klimov tvc rd33 engine?

btw is the honeywell F125 engine deal inked? it must get rolling asap to move in parallel with darin upg and convert all our jaguar fleet to be capable of operating over the himalayas into tactical targets in tibet and yunnan.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Someone was looking for my post about single crystal bade from DMRL

Single crystal turbine blade story.

The gentleman from DMRL was very friendly and informative

1.The image below shows the development of tech (in SDREland) from plain casting (labelled equaxed), to "dirtectionally solidified" to single crystal.

2. The image below is of examples of blades made by the three methods mentioned above

3. For single crystal blades to have a hollow honeycomb interior, a ceramic core is used around which the crystals are grown. The core is leached off later. The image below shows ceramic cores with the hollow part of a blade visible.

4. Here is a fully formed blade - the extra spiral bits needed for manufacture will be removed for finishing the blade.

5. From the HAL stall - a single crystal blade used in Al 31
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Philip wrote:No,they do offer valuable insights into their objectives.If you read between the lines you often find what they want India to do in their own selfish interests.
Philip. Nice to hear that from you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
neeraj
BRFite

Post by neeraj »

shiv wrote:Someone was looking for my post about single crystal bade from DMRL

Single crystal turbine blade story....
Thanks Shiv - so does HAL have tech to make SCB or is it just again screw driver technology. I am surprised SCB was not used in Kaveri.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

merlin, do you have a higher resolution on the lca ver comparison pic?
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

shiv wrote:
nash wrote:some newbie pics from me :)

http://s477.beta.photobucket.com/user/nash0503/library/?
What is this?
that 117S
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Shiv Sir: thanks very much for sharing the Single Crystal pictures from DMRL and HAL. Did you get a chance to ask them if we are ready to mass-produce this? And whether the temperature resistance of the homegrown SC blades meet the requirements of an engine if we were to build a F404/414 equivalent?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Prem Kumar wrote:Shiv Sir: thanks very much for sharing the Single Crystal pictures from DMRL and HAL. Did you get a chance to ask them if we are ready to mass-produce this? And whether the temperature resistance of the homegrown SC blades meet the requirements of an engine if we were to build a F404/414 equivalent?
The DMRL man said that their role is to develop the tech and hand it to anyone who needs it. He specifically named Kaveri. Later I was surprised to see a similar looking single crystal blade from HAL engines divn. I was unable to ask if this was via Russia or DMRL.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

shiv wrote:
Prem Kumar wrote:Shiv Sir: thanks very much for sharing the Single Crystal pictures from DMRL and HAL. Did you get a chance to ask them if we are ready to mass-produce this? And whether the temperature resistance of the homegrown SC blades meet the requirements of an engine if we were to build a F404/414 equivalent?
The DMRL man said that their role is to develop the tech and hand it to anyone who needs it. He specifically named Kaveri. Later I was surprised to see a similar looking single crystal blade from HAL engines divn. I was unable to ask if this was via Russia or DMRL.
Must be from the Russians, must be from HAL Koraput for the Al-31. AFAIK SCB from DMRL tech hasn't yet been manufacture by HAL Koraput although tech to setup the production facility to do so has been transferred.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

merlin wrote: That is why one must take any and every analysis of India from foreigners with a sackful of salt.
Claude Arpi is an Indian, french born, but I afaik, he now has a Indian passport, in any case he lives in India and has been living here for quite some time.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Exactly those were my thoughts

Displaying cores and some castings does not mean they have been adapted to manufacture in large scale and with acceptable quality.

The ceramic core is understandable, but why not ceramic coat itself?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

merlin wrote:And some from me.
Merlin, more please. :((
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

Hey guys, are there any pics of the HAL LUH, which was supposed to have a mockup in AI-13?
member_24612
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_24612 »

[quote="SagarAg"][/quote]

Neat shot SagarAg! Both the indigenous fighter and helicopter in a single frame! :)

Here's one more from me...

Indian Army HAL Rudra attack helicopter

IMO, the black colour looks awesome on this attack chopper. Wonder if the army will keep it black or paint it in the camouflage livery!

Vivek
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Karan M wrote:
merlin wrote:And some from me.
Merlin, more please. :((
Yes, plan is to add more over the weekend. Didn't get enough time to process the photos yet (dumb decision to shoot them in RAW).
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Vivek Manvi,

Went through your album, and would like to compliment your composition skills. I'm a complete amateur in this field, but from my limited experience, I know it requires foresight, patience & timing to compose a good image.
varunalh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by varunalh »

A few shots from me CLICKY

Varun
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

pentaiah wrote:
The ceramic core is understandable, but why not ceramic coat itself?
because it is not vibration friendly enough.
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

Hey Look! the Pilot seems to have an interesting graffiti on his helmet
Rafale Gallery: http://www.photoyogi.com/Airplanes/aero ... 420_fBJLGH

Now for what we all love!
SU 30 MKI Galleryhttp://www.photoyogi.com/Airplanes/aero ... 717_vW7NxS
Please note these are images from Day 1 Watch this space :-D lots more goodies will be added!
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^pyogi...

awesome... is it possible to get a pic or two to make them desktop background?
Boreas
BRFite

Post by Boreas »

varunalh wrote:A few shots from me CLICKY

Varun
nice work man.. downloaded few of them!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

RamaY wrote:^pyogi...

awesome... is it possible to get a pic or two to make them desktop background?
I am using one with watermark and all - the watermark serves as a reminder of why my desktop takes my breath away every morning when I boot up.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I have no problem with the watermark.. But pyogi made the right click disabled (very selfish people I say)

I currently have Rambha cruising over light blue ocean.. Got it here...
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

But pyogi made the right click disabled
That isn't really effective in stopping people from downloading the image. But the media abounds with photo-chors, so original photographers like pyogi have to at least try to stop them.
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

@shiv saar, Thank you :-)
@nachiket thank you for speaking my words

Hey guys what do you think of my watermark, i designed it with suggestions from fellow photographers some even from this forum.
One of the principles of the watermark is that it should be like a "bikini" :wink: which it is :-) and to give some one interested in higher resolution image to be able to contact me.
The placement is unobtrusive so please enjoy the image, leave a nice comment for me to cherish, I am thrilled by each of the views/reviews i get on my images :-)
I have a good number of images very high resolution, which can be printed into posters / hoardings!

The right click protection is no fool proof way of protecting images online am sure you geeks would agree. That said, I really cannot stop a determined image thief,
But yes, if it gets used for commercial value i *will* send a bill with a copyright notice.

Just for those who did not know, I am a full time photographer and i have hungry mouths to feed, the equipment that i use does not come cheap, even if its rented!

Cheers!
Praveen / Photoyogi
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

pyogi wrote: Hey guys what do you think of my watermark, i designed it with suggestions from fellow photographers some even from this forum.
One of the principles of the watermark is that it should be like a "bikini" :wink: which it is :-) and to give some one interested in higher resolution image to be able to contact me.
The placement is unobtrusive so please enjoy the image, leave a nice comment for me to cherish, I am thrilled by each of the views/reviews i get on my images :-)
I have a good number of images very high resolution, which can be printed into posters / hoardings!
i
Naah. Put your watermark right in the middle of the pic. You are being too kind to photochors.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Oh ,please no watermarks in the middle ! BR has so many great photos in archives, but not a single one is usable in any way due to big ugly 3-D watermarks.
I dislike bloggers like Aroor for similar reason. He'll put his watermark on images which aren't his. He is not even paying a single rupee for hosting the images either, but a majority of slides from seminars, pictures from websites, press releases etc are marked with his watermark.
If the quality of pictures is as good as those clicked by Photoyogi, Kedar, Manvi, Abhishek and some others, I'm sure that a lot of people (including yours truly) will be more than happy to pay for such images, posters, and other stuff with or without watermarks. If it's just for hobby, content creator is usually happy with an acknowledgement of source, a backlink etc. But please, don't spoil such stunning images with intrusive watermarks.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Jamwal-> In an ideal without certain chor guptas that would have been the case. but such behaviour has meant those watermarks are a nessecity.
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

My name is Rudra and am the Destroyer!

Click on the image to take you to the Rudra Gallery.
An impressive display from the HAL guys with this variant of the ALH

@jamwal --> I will retain the watermarks to be unobtrusive so that most of you can get to view these lovely birds the way its to be viewed.
It will get copied, I guess its their form of flattery :-?
If you folks do see my images being used do let me know so i can follow up with them.
PS i have my watermarks in place on the aircraft so it can be identified even when printed.

Cheers!
photoyogi
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Suggest the you place a watermark right in the middle. Those who are serious and willing to pay will hunt you down no matter what. The freeloaders are the ones spoiling the fun and are the true culprits.
Nick_S
BRFite

Post by Nick_S »

Very nice pics Pyogi. You should probably put a stylish type of watermark right in the middle. Too many photochors like Prasun Chorgupta.

PS: Which camera and lens are you using?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

pyogi wrote:
@jamwal --> I will retain the watermarks to be unobtrusive so that most of you can get to view these lovely birds the way its to be viewed.
It will get copied, I guess its their form of flattery :-?
If you folks do see my images being used do let me know so i can follow up with them.
PS i have my watermarks in place on the aircraft so it can be identified even when printed.

Cheers!
photoyogi
Thanks. The current watermarking scheme is just fine. If you plan on selling these in any format, please let us know.
Aditya_V wrote:Jamwal-> In an ideal without certain chor guptas that would have been the case. but such behaviour has meant those watermarks are a nessecity.
Tell me about it. Sengupta actually used a picture from my site for one of his 'breaking news'.
My point is that unless taken by professional photographers, these pictures are meant to be distributed for fans and jingos. You start putting big ugly watermarks for whatever reason and just spoil the experience. Just compare the number and quality of photographs related to Indian military to that of other countries. As one member wrote in this thread itself that some Indians in audience didn't even realise that the Tejas was Indian. People know more about F-16, Apache, Gripen than Indian weapon systems. You can't help change this mindset by taking some amazing pictures and then intentionally spoiling them.

People willing to pay just can't find the right sources every time. Not everyone has the time or resources. If it's hard to buy legally, people will just steal it.