Aero India 2015

VishalJ
BRFite

Aero India 2015

Post by VishalJ »

Online Registration for General Visitors | Business Visitors

Pls hash-tag your Social Media posts about the event ⇒ #AeroIndia
And also pls tag your Flickr photos with "Aero India" ⇒ Aero India

I hope there's enough to entertain people in this 10th Edition of the show as so far there's really not much chatter on whats gonna display this year, lets wish no news = good news Image

Jai Hind Image
Last edited by VishalJ on 16 Nov 2014 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
PratikDas
BRFite

Re: Aero India 2015

Post by PratikDas »

Two amazing photos, Vishal ji. Couldn't ask for a better kickoff. Cheers.
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

Folks, I plan to be there in Bangalore this Feb - as I understand, the air show will be there every day and open for general public but the stalls will be open only on the last day (Sunday) for the aam junta - is that a fair understanding?
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

I hope we get to see the F-35 this time.
karan_mc
BRFite

Post by karan_mc »

In 2011 , i was General Visitor but i could see every one wondering around and was able to check out all stalls other then Aircraft display area , but was surprised that another guy who i came in contact in Aero India managed to sneak in when a VVIP was heading to aircraft display area and was able to click some images .

So Guys is the situation same still ? I am planning for it but i am confused should i pay 2500 and be disappointed seeing people paying 600 given access to Stalls ? i Know i was given access in 2011 , what was the situation in 2013 ?

Any one from Goa planning ?
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

abhik wrote:I hope we get to see the F-35 this time.
Not going to happen unless something really radical happens between now and then. F-35's international debut will most likely be @ FIA2016
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

Those attending, please find out as much as possible on the FOC status of the LCA.

Here is a very basic list:
  • What has been completed vs what remains? (Guns, BVR, AAR, Supersonic tanks, AoA/STR/ITR, +/-g, Spin/Wake)
  • What are all the qualified weapons? Why no Russian bombs/PGMs so far?
  • What is the production status? Is there a possibility of more Mk.1 orders? How many more, or why not? How many trainers on order?
  • How long before the first LCA squadron fully operational?
  • When will STOBAR NLCA tests in Goa begin?
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

brar_w wrote:Not going to happen unless something really radical happens between now and then. F-35's international debut will most likely be @ FIA2016
I think he was referring to a static display a la Singapore.
brar_w
BRF Oldie

Post by brar_w »

Viv S wrote:
brar_w wrote:Not going to happen unless something really radical happens between now and then. F-35's international debut will most likely be @ FIA2016
I think he was referring to a static display a la Singapore.
That would be a mockup. If they do decide to go to that length, they'll probably also send the cockpit demonstrator

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Possibly C-17, C-130. Maybe Shin Maywa. Chinook? LCH with any luck. Hawk. Would love to see Saras again but not much hope. Rustom 1 at least? Navy MiG 29?
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Hello folks,

This is going to be my first AI and I am very excited. Can the members who have been before guide on when is the best time to go (weekend/weekday?)?? I think weekday will see less rush, but I am afraid, the main displays might be kept on weekend. Confused.. :?:

Also, can the general visitors see the aircrafts from close?? Oe do we need some special pass or something??
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

PratikDas wrote:Two amazing photos, Vishal ji. Couldn't ask for a better kickoff. Cheers.
Thank You Pratik Image
saumitra_j wrote:as I understand, the air show will be there every day and open for general public but the stalls will be open only on the last day (Sunday) for the aam junta - is that a fair understanding?
There are 2 Daily Air Display routines:

1. Morning Display 10am - 12:30pm (1 hour break for lunch)
2. Afternoon Display 1:30pm ish - 3:30pm ish

What's the difference between the two? Nothing! The same a/c that did the same display in the morning will do the same display yet again in the afternoon.
So if you didn't get a kadak top-side banking shot of Katrina in the morning display, don't worry - you'll know exactly where & at what angle she's gonna be in the sky 3~4 hours later :wink:

Image Image

Only thing, the sun-angle is a little awkward as the day keep progressing towards afternoon so for better photos, morning is halal.

The Stalls (Business visitors Exhibition Area) will be open from Day 1 of the Show till Day 5 but, you need the Biz Pass to get in there.

ADVA is the closest spot there is to the taxiway & runway Site Map
nileshjr wrote:Q1. This is going to be my first AI and I am very excited. Can the members who have been before guide on when is the best time to go (weekend/weekday?)??
I think weekday will see less rush,
Q2. but I am afraid, the main displays might be kept on weekend. Confused.. :?:

Q3. Also, can the general visitors see the aircrafts from close?? Oe do we need some special pass or something??
1. Take 2 days off work :wink: Enjoy the show on Thursday & Friday (best days to visit the show), spend the weekend with your family, win-win 8) :D
Refer this, http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 4#p1384364

2. Pls refer my ans to saumitra_j above ^

3. You can see the static display a/c from the Static Viewing Area access to this part IMO is only for the Biz Pass holders (don't sweat about it, the static display isn't all that great):
Sample Photo
Image Image

This is the ADVA:

Here are the kinda shots you can get from there: Pls ismail for the Pilot's camera ▼ :wink:

Image Image

*WARNING* here you will encounter a lot of Rajnikanths & feisty Mamta Bannerjees jostling for the best positions, heck 2 ammas in saris (with their gajras swinging around like wind sock) will be balancing themselves on 1 flimsy plastic chair so you better be there early, grab your spot & Mind It :mrgreen: If at this time you felt thirsty or wanted to take a leak - you're screwed :lol:
member_23367
BRFite

Post by member_23367 »

Superb Shots Vishal.

Will a 18-200mm Lens be sufficient to capture some decent flight Shots?
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Flight Shots = ? You mean ground to air?
I have a 100-400 & due to our Hindustani display regulations the a/c are quite high-up.
It'll be a little difficult to get proper shots of aerial displays with 200mm.
You may wanna rent a 100-400 if you shoot Canon or a 80-400 if you shoot Nikon, you'll enjoy hunting.

200mm will perfectly suffice for almost all ground stuff @ AI however as the Sun keeps ascending thereby causing the ground temperature to increase you may not get any decent shots at even 70mm onwards due to Heat Haze :oops:

So, best time to shoot is early, by 10:30ish & then by about 5pm'ish in the evening.
If not anything else, you may want to stick around for THE Gajraj which gives daily darshan to the faithful bhakts who stay till 6pm.
It'll come in hot, go to the end of the runway & turnoff, Engines-On while VayuSainiks do some upload & downloads from its belly. And in a matter of about ~15mins you'll hear the Solovievs sangeet billowing 8) a minute or two later you will see that King Elephant taxing past you to gallop back Swargwards.
I can say that's worth waiting for ;)
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Marten, Vishal..

Thanks for the info. Its my first AI. Chhutti to banata hi he...I will take leave in weekdays. Planning to visit at least twice..full day, morning to evening.. :mrgreen:

Last time I saw an air show, it was 2005ish in Pune on IAF day. I hope my company puts up some stall oe something and give some passes to us. :mrgreen:
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Why the heck is that fence so tall? Also, agree on the time to shoot. Earlier the better. Sideways sun is better than direct above. And if youre really mental, carry two bodies, one with a looong lens and one with a shorter lens (<100mm) with a wide one in the bag for static displays. Carry a hat and sunscreen too.

Excellent again vishal. How did you get past the fence nonsense? :)
rudradeep
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rudradeep »

Prasad wrote:Why the heck is that fence so tall?

Excellent again vishal. How did you get past the fence nonsense? :)
I think you are talking about the two gates painted in blue. If you look carefully beside them, the fence itself is not too tall.

Vishal, Thanks for the excellent information on AI. Also, how does one get access to the ADVA. Is it through the regular pass or is there some kind of a different pass for this section?
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

@ Prasad: Image :wink:
rudradeep wrote:Vishal, Thanks for the excellent information on AI. Also, how does one get access to the ADVA. Is it through the regular pass or is there some kind of a different pass for this section?
AVDA = General Visitors
member_28899
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28899 »

When i am trying to register as business / general visitor i am getting the link for the payment for one day only i.e Rs-2500 or Rs-600. How we can register for all 5 days of the event. or i have to make payment for 4 to 5 times separately. Also there is no option for the day of visit.
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

@Vishal - Thanks Sir, I have bought a business visitor pass as well - hopefully I will be able to get access and some interesting information from the stalls. I will take your advice and come to AI on Thursday and Friday instead.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

@deekav: *IMO* the Biz Visitor Pass is a 1 time use coupon valid for the Biz Days - use on either days

@saumitra_j: Image
srai wrote:Those attending, please find out as much as possible on the FOC status of the LCA.

Here is a very basic list:
  • What has been completed vs what remains? (Guns, BVR, AAR, Supersonic tanks, AoA/STR/ITR, +/-g, Spin/Wake)
  • What are all the qualified weapons? Why no Russian bombs/PGMs so far?
  • What is the production status? Is there a possibility of more Mk.1 orders? How many more, or why not? How many trainers on order?
  • How long before the first LCA squadron fully operational?
  • When will STOBAR NLCA tests in Goa begin?
Sorry i missed on this srai, can you guys pls prepare a detailed Questionnaire & the People/Company you want those Ans from?

I will *try* to get these guys on Video/YouTube/Google Hangout for you all.

So if you can prepare an Excel Sheet/Word Doc with Sub Sections like this ▼ & put it on a Cloud so all of you could add to it.
Aero India 2015 Questions.doc
Questions for:

HAL:
  • Q1......
  • Q2......
  • Q3......
Dassault:
  • Q1......
  • Q2......
  • Q3......
Boeing:
  • Q1......
  • Q2......
  • Q3......
Vishal Jolapara wrote:
SamG wrote:Superb Shots Vishal.

Will a 18-200mm Lens be sufficient to capture some decent flight Shots?
Flight Shots = ? You mean ground to air?
I have a 100-400 & due to our Hindustani display regulations the a/c are quite high-up.
It'll be a little difficult to get proper shots of aerial displays with 200mm.
You may wanna rent a 100-400 if you shoot Canon or a 80-400 if you shoot Nikon, you'll enjoy hunting.

200mm will perfectly suffice for almost all ground stuff @ AI however as the Sun keeps ascending thereby causing the ground temperature to increase you may not get any decent shots at even 70mm onwards due to Heat Haze :oops:

So, best time to shoot is early, by 10:30ish & then by about 5pm'ish in the evening.
If not anything else, you may want to stick around for THE Gajraj which gives daily darshan to the faithful bhakts who stay till 6pm.
It'll come in hot, go to the end of the runway & turnoff, Engines-On while VayuSainiks do some upload & downloads from its belly. And in a matter of about ~15mins you'll hear the Solovievs sangeet billowing 8) a minute or two later you will see that King Elephant taxing past you to gallop back Swargwards.
I can say that's worth waiting for ;)

400mm Uncropped ▲ Go to the image & click 'Show EXIF' (next to the remarks)
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

There is every indication you guys will have more fun at AI15, again, more's the pity!
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

‘Make in India’ the buzzword for Aero India - The Hindu
‘Make in India will be the refrain when Aero India, the biennial, and predominantly military air show and exhibition, returns to Bengaluru in mid-February 2015. The earlier editions were marked by the high sales pitches of global manufacturers keen on selling expensive military aircraft and hardware here: the country is counted among the world’s largest defence spenders.

The management of the 10th edition reverts fully to the Ministry of Defence’s arm, Defence Exhibition Organisation (DEO) -
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

I've been at every air show from the very first.The first one was a trail-blazer,with the Sea Harrier performing its usual gymnasticvs.The Russians sent their two newest helos,the Alligator and Mi-28.Though it was small,and the first few follow on shows as well,in those days it was a dream.You could walk upto and around the aircraft on display.Walking underneath the fuselage of an SU-30 is an unforgettable experience.Later on the barricades arrived and the character changed,the crowds became too big to handle.One didn't have to park 10 miles away either if you hadn't a pass.At those early shows the BR get-together with legends from the services was the exceptional bonus.We had Adm.Dawson former CNS,cosmonaut Rakesh Sharma and his colleagues then test pilots for the LCA ,AM Inamdar who was then CO of Eastern Command at our soirees,to name but a few. Shiv usually did the honours in arranging the soirees.This show too I hope to have a friend,another AM former CO of a command with us. Let's hope we can arrange something interesting this year too.Over to you Shiv!
vonkabra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vonkabra »

The first AI I attended was in 2007 and got to see the MiG-29OVT doing the Cobra. Not to mention a fly past by the Tu-142M. Since then infrastructure (food court and rest rooms) has improved to some extent, but overall the show has become much more crowded and unfriendlier (not to mention the parking issues and the ticket price escalation). In the earlier editions the people manning the booths (from industry or armed fores) were quite communicative about their products or equipment, but now most booths seem to have some uninterested or ignorant types manning the front desk and a special booth for VIPs at the back for any serious discussion. Had to happen given the size of the crowd attending the show now, but sad all the same.

On the plus side, the number of military periodicals being distributed for free has gone up by quite a number.
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

Can anyone suggest a Point & shoot camera to use in Aero India.(newbie can't go for DSLR directly)

I have seen sony/cannon/nikon with 42-60x zoom & MP in the range 16-20.
What actually i need to keep in mind while purchasing the camera for events like this .Shutter speed ????

Thanks in advance
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Happy New year everyone,hope to see as many of you at Aero-India. Cheers!
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

Those attending please find out more about these new Indian PGM efforts:
  • Astra BVR Mk.2
  • Akash Mk.2
  • Sudarshan LGB
  • 1,000 kg class Guided Glide Bomb 100 km
  • NGARM
  • Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW)
  • RCI's Lightweight PGM
  • LFRJ CM
  • Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QR-SAM)
  • ABM - AD-1, AD-2, PDV
New info on existing ones as well:
  • Astra BVR Mk.1
  • BrahMos-M, BrahMos-I variants
  • Barak-8 MRSAM
  • Helina ATGM - variants planned
  • Nirbhay - variants planned
  • MBRL - Pinaka Mk.2/3 & Prahaar
Anything else?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

LUH -- look it over well like you are buying a second hand car and thoroughly bug whoever wants to answer any questions.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Make in India too! Airbus plans major presence at Aero India 2015
From commercial and military aircraft to helicopters and radars, Airbus Group will present a wide range of cutting-edge products and technologies at the 10th edition of Aero India from 18 - 22 February 2015 at the Air Force Station Yelahanka, Bengaluru.

The focus of Airbus Group’s participation in the show would be to highlight its strong footprint in India and commitment to the Indian Government’s ‘Make in India’ campaign. “We have been used to partnerships in India as is shown by our long standing collaborations with several Indian public and private companies as well as R&D organizations and academic institutions. We are enthusiastic about the ‘Make in India’ campaign and are ready to leverage our existing local partnerships and invest in new ones to make the most of it. Aero India offers the perfect setting to discuss our plans to make in India with various stakeholders. We look forward to our participation in the show,” said Yves Guillaume, President – India, Airbus Group.
:
:
:
:
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Folks, just got my tickets for Bangalore to be at the AI 2015. Will be interested to know if BRFites plan to meet during AI?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

BRF used to have a stall at Aero-India.Has anyone taken the cueb this time? Kapil what gives? kersi,will you be there again? Shiv,pl. give me a call/mail.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Not this time Phillip
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Philip wrote:I've been at every air show from the very first.The first one was a trail-blazer,with the Sea Harrier performing its usual gymnasticvs.The Russians sent their two newest helos,the Alligator and Mi-28.Though it was small,and the first few follow on shows as well,in those days it was a dream.You could walk upto and around the aircraft on display.Walking underneath the fuselage of an SU-30 is an unforgettable experience.Later on the barricades arrived and the character changed,the crowds became too big to handle.One didn't have to park 10 miles away either if you hadn't a pass.At those early shows the BR get-together with legends from the services was the exceptional bonus.We had Adm.Dawson former CNS,cosmonaut Rakesh Sharma and his colleagues then test pilots for the LCA ,AM Inamdar who was then CO of Eastern Command at our soirees,to name but a few. Shiv usually did the honours in arranging the soirees.This show too I hope to have a friend,another AM former CO of a command with us. Let's hope we can arrange something interesting this year too.Over to you Shiv!
Philip I have a problem this year. There is a conference that I must attend and I will be returning just before Aero India starts and I will have family over at home from the US in addition to that couple from the UK whom you have met. So Aero India looks a bit iffy as things stand - I might simply have to go half day and watch the flying displays from the public gallery. Will email you - I am leaving town on the 13th
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Big Upgrade: Indian PM To Inaugurate Aero India 2015
http://www.livefistdefence.com/2015/01/ ... urate.html
In what will be a significantly upgraded profile for India's big aerospace show, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to inaugurate Aero India 2015 on February 18. The biennial show is traditionally kicked off by the incumbent Defence Minister. This time, Prime Minister Modi is said to be interested in getting his 'Make in India' message more play at the show, and will send out the message in his inaugural speech.

Over the last few weeks, the PM hasn't let it rest. He's brought up the 'Make in India' message during meetings with the Russian defence minister, U.S. President and virtually anyone else looking to sell India stuff. Several decisions taken by his new government reflect the drive too -- most prominently the scrapping of a near-complete light helicopter competition. Vendors and firms have been quick to reconfigure and course-correct their own campaigns so they fit easier with the new government's too-loud-to-miss call for local investment. It'll be most interesting to see what firms doing and looking to do aerospace business in India think of the drive. More here soon.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

tushar_m wrote:Can anyone suggest a Point & shoot camera to use in Aero India.(newbie can't go for DSLR directly)

What actually i need to keep in mind while purchasing the camera for events like this .Shutter speed ????

Thanks in advance

Check photography thread. Keep in mind that long zoom is useless without tripod or very stable hands.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

jamwal wrote:
tushar_m wrote:Can anyone suggest a Point & shoot camera to use in Aero India.(newbie can't go for DSLR directly)

Thanks in advance

Check photography thread. Keep in mind that long zoom is useless without tripod or very stable hands.
...and megapixels are useless without sensor size
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

So how does one get tickets? From that link in the opening post?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Please to consider starting the usual :

18th: Morning/Afternoon
19th: ...

Have Canon Rebel 786D, interested in submarines will take bichhar of .. Will eat samosa at, ... Know VJ, and Phillip, and ...
Am free 29:00-34:00. Etc.

Self -- Never made it, nor likely will.