Aero India 2015

member_28640
BRFite

Re: Aero India 2015

Post by member_28640 »

Planes scrape each other in Midflight :eek:
BENGALURU: Two planes scraped each other today during a stunts display at the Aero India airshow in Bengaluru. The planes from the Flying Bulls team landed safely, though one was heavily damaged. (See Pics)

A woman pilot, Radka Machov, is the leader of the four-member team from the Czech Republic.

The acrobatic fliers performed in Bangalore two years ago as well.

The aircraft were part of the aerobatic displays that are usually a highlight of the aviation exhibition and air show, which is held once every years and will be open to the public over the weekend.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the star guest at the opening ceremony yesterday and vowed in his speech to end India's status as the world's top defence importers.

The exhibition is organized by the Defence Ministry. Manufacturers from across the world meet potential buyers.
Posted in Full.
Please visit here for multimedia
SidSom
BRFite

Post by SidSom »

Just wanted to confirm with others - if I buy the Business Visitor ticket online and take a print out of the confirmation mail along with my ID, can I get the ticket at the show gates itself? Has anyone tried this out as yet?
Karthik

Yes, Go to Gate 5 parking. There is a booth there where they will look at your online registration number and issue your ticket.
In fact you dont even need to have an online booking. Just walk in with you debit/credit card and for 2565 you will get a ticket on the spot (best if you have a Govt issued photo ID). Gate 5 is the parking on the right side of the road (when you travel from Hebbal to Yelahanka), you need to cross the Air base main gate, take the immediate service road, U turn under the fly over and first gate to your left. best time is to reach by 9:00 AM at the booth
SidSom
BRFite

Post by SidSom »

another very interesting thing I saw today was the foldable wings concept on ALH. For the Navy ofcourse. Livefist says this is "borrowed" from the LUH. Anyway this sounds like good news for the navy.
SidSom
BRFite

Post by SidSom »

http://imgur.com/862fXlQ,nlsnkq2#1
http://imgur.com/862fXlQ,nlsnkq2#0

Finally the Model and the Info board of HTFE
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Any of you catch a glimpse of PM Modi?
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Hello folks. Posting after two hectic days. Too busy to even see the airshow fully well.

A lot of companies are doing critical things, like turbine blades, high speed gears etc. A lot of avionics too are being done by the pvt sector. I also found that there is severe competition in some fields where my KB wants to be. But glad to note that pretty much no one are into our key area, which is light traveling through thin strands of glass.

Asked the LRDE guy about the AESA radar. Got the slipperiest babu answer. "It is in development onlee saar".

The French and Israelis are running around like fish after the fresh rains to find offset partners. We did snag a few leads ourselves. Even BEL and HAL have come to us. Hiring ex brass as marketing front end helps ;)

Tomorrow also is expected to be busy as well. I wanted to ask each of those pvt companies who display interesting stuff (one company has an active radar seeker displayed) or details, but it is very difficult to leave your stall when lots of action is happening.

BTW, all jingoes are welcome to our stall near the entrance of Hall A. We are opposite to Trident Infosol. We hand our pen drives onlee :)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Proud of you Dileep Saar, serving the country's defence sector directly.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Dileep wrote:Hello folks. Posting after two hectic days. Too busy to even see the airshow fully well.

A lot of companies are doing critical things, like turbine blades, high speed gears etc. A lot of avionics too are being done by the pvt sector. I also found that there is severe competition in some fields where my KB wants to be. But glad to note that pretty much no one are into our key area, which is light traveling through thin strands of glass.

Asked the LRDE guy about the AESA radar. Got the slipperiest babu answer. "It is in development onlee saar".

The French and Israelis are running around like fish after the fresh rains to find offset partners. We did snag a few leads ourselves. Even BEL and HAL have come to us. Hiring ex brass as marketing front end helps ;)

Tomorrow also is expected to be busy as well. I wanted to ask each of those pvt companies who display interesting stuff (one company has an active radar seeker displayed) or details, but it is very difficult to leave your stall when lots of action is happening.

BTW, all jingoes are welcome to our stall near the entrance of Hall A. We are opposite to Trident Infosol. We hand our pen drives onlee :)
All very coherent, Dileep.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Saurav Jha ‏@SJha1618 1m1 minute ago Bengaluru, Karnataka

Kaveri design as it stands today can reach 76 KN thrust levels while in flight. 70-71 KN has been achieved on the test bench in Bangalore.
Saurav Jha ‏@SJha1618 4m4 minutes ago Bengaluru, Karnataka

All stakeholders understand that aero-engines is where India has to now invest. major moves underway.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

raghuk wrote:No 57 is yours truly ;)
Could not find a video copy of your presentation on Aero India Seminar site. Any chances of you posting the presentation online?
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Dileep wrote: A lot of companies are doing critical things, like turbine blades, high speed gears etc.
Good going Sir. Are these companies involved in design or just manufacturing of these critical items?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

Sorry for blowing up these images, couldn't resist ==>

and

and

Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

You have no idea how jealous you make some of us Rahul :) great work.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

rahuldevnath ki jai ho! fantastic pics. could you also share your camera details. thx
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Hi SidSom any more infoboard or stall pics? Especially DRDO labs - LRDE, RCI, DRDL, DARE etc and the PSUs (BEL, HAL) and private firms (VEM, Alpha, Astra, Datapatterns, Trident)...basically any interesting stuff?

Dileep, I presume you must have been visited the Data Patterns stall for the active seeker?
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

@Prasad - Thank you very much :) I guess we the people armed with lenses have a responsibility towards society! :mrgreen:

@SaiK - I use a humble combination of Nikond D90 with the Tamron SP 150-600

@Kapil - I wish you were here! Its not much fun this time.

Forgot to mention these ===>

and this

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Anybody going to ISRO stall (is it even there?) - any news on ISRO's rockets beyond GSLV MkIII?

Shiv saar, thanks for the video -

first time I have seen LCA doing so many verticals and sustained turns. There was a maneouvre around 3:55-3:59. What is it called? Is that new?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I thought that was just an inside loop followed by a slow turn with a roll.
maz
Webmaster BR

Post by maz »

please post pix of the posters boards, infor boards and models of the toys on display.
maz
Webmaster BR

Post by maz »

have questions, need answers

What is new engine for the do 228 upgrade? Same as Ruag NG?

how many Do 228 does IAF, IN and CG currently operate?

What engine will the HS748 upgrade test bed get?

Please get pix of the info boards of LUH, BEL products, DRDO, HAL, Tata, L&T, etc + desi vendors

What is the Uttam radar for the LCA Mk 2 ? Is it using Elta or Thales or some other hardware?

Details of Super Su 30 upgrades?

Who is bidding for the NUH for navy and RSH for army? Any idea about timelines?

IAF Akash sqn numbers?

What is happening with the IAI HAL Chetak NRUAV? Is it dead? will a new VTOL UAV be selected instead?

Any plans to build more EMB 145i AEW&C birds. Has to be.

What is happening with the ICG helicopter projects? EC 725 and what other platform? ask helo vendors.

Is there anything on Kamov 28 upgrades ? Please ask the italians (selex) , Russians and Israelis (Elbit I think)

Are Seaking upgrades for the navy effectively dead in the face of S70B??

What is to be fitted on the IN S-70B helos?

Will the army order 37-39 Apaches too?

Any progress on Grumman E-2D for IAC2?

Have all 45 MIG 29Ks been delivered to the navy?

detials on AMCA will be great. pix of poster boards and engines.

What new UAVS will the armed forces get?

info on new desi engine and uav projects

gather official magazines and various show dailies and post on BR please.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

wing of the damaged Red Bull aerobatics plane

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

@dpidrdo
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Maz,

Uttam AESA radar is the Fire Control Radar for the Tejas Mk-2. Intent is to also use it for Jaguar & MiG-29 K upgrades. LCA Mk2 config states a public ie non classified, range of 100 km class against a small fighter sized target (India uses 2Sq Mtr as reference) & it can engage upto 6 targets simultaneously with active missiles. Of course, since its sized for the LCA, larger fighters can receive larger, more powerful radars as well. The power & cooling has weight penalties.
The TWS data is not mentioned (yet). No Thales or Elta HW. The radar is from LRDE (DRDO) & uses Tx/Rx modules provided by Astra Microwave which they developed along with LRDE. Rest - Exciter/Receiver data etc is not mentioned, but judging by last HW design for the MMR, is likely a UREP design (Unified Exciter Receiver Processor). The antenna array uses liquid cooling. A test article has been developed already and is being tested, refined.
And that's about the data we have at this point.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

>>What is happening with the IAI HAL Chetak NRUAV? Is it dead? will a new VTOL UAV be selected instead?

Pretty much dead. There is a new DRDO program for this, for which DRDO is scouting out partners like LM, Boeing etc.

>>Please get pix of the info boards of LUH, BEL products, DRDO, HAL, Tata, L&T, etc + desi vendors

Yes seems lackluster enthu from BR crowd this year. Had to happen one day.
Anyways, BEL external display from what I could make out via pics was what we'd already know.. DRDO designs - WLR, Rohini, Aslesha/Bharani & BEL/IAI's upgraded Schilka
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Watch this!

[youtube]?v=19ma7uahop8[/youtube]
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Conspicuous by its absence was another bird,the Sitara IJT.2 shows ago it crashed at the air show. There has been little in the media/reports about the IJT progress.Perhaps someone can nobble the boffins/HAL/IAF about this.

The LUH looked larger than most LUHs which are around,more of an All-3 replacement rather than a lightweight bird for Himalyan duties.Entry to the mockup/helo in the outside display was restricted,perhaps becos of arriving militaty VIPs.

At the DRDO pavilion,there was a most interesting display.A dark black object built entirely out of Kevlar/composites around 4.0m+ long,the 100km glide bomb recently tested. Scant info,but it was there for all to see. WQhen I asked at another display of ordnance where it was ,I was pointed in its direction.The angular shaping indicates that it is intended to also be a "stealth bomb".The weapon has a large swivelling wing mounted atop around 2- 2.4m atop.

Our desi AESA radar was also on display,a mockup.1m rcs range 100-150+km,Talking to the boffin in charge,it has yet to be tested aboard the LCA.The CABS AEW radar has a lower rcs detection capability at least out to 200km.A Russian AESA radar mock-up was also on display as well as a model of the CABS one,atop the EMB platform. Beriev have taken charge of two new IL-76-90 platforms for AWACS system integration for the RuAF. The same bird will be used for the extra Phalcons we are acquiring.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Karan M wrote:Watch this!

?v=19ma7uahop8
top notch quality video
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

The "bird watchers" (under command a "Master Bird Watcher") seems to be freaking out on the Amateur Radio band. 144.435Mhz (which in HAM band) seems to be where they operate upon ;) :roll:.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

maz wrote:have questions, need answers

IAF Akash sqn numbers?

I think clarity around IA Akash Regiment also needs to be asked.
  • How many Akash batteries per Akash regiment?
  • Total regiment ordered up till now vs planned orders?
  • Tracked vs Road-mobile Vehicle variation orders? If both are being ordered, how many regiments of each type on order and planned?
member_28840
BRFite

Post by member_28840 »

Philip wrote: At the DRDO pavilion,there was a most interesting display.A dark black object built entirely out of Kevlar/composites around 4.0m+ long,the 100km glide bomb recently tested. Scant info,but it was there for all to see. WQhen I asked at another display of ordnance where it was ,I was pointed in its direction.The angular shaping indicates that it is intended to also be a "stealth bomb".The weapon has a large swivelling wing mounted atop around 2- 2.4m atop.
Did anyone manage to get a picture of this? It sounds very interesting, composite casing with stealth shaping can make for some interesting uses.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

I got pic of the glide bomb. Will post tonight.

Talked to the director drdl. Akash can kill if the radar can track, which is 0.1 m2 rcs
Sagrawal
BRFite

Post by Sagrawal »

Is there any layout map for AI 15? I couldn't find one on official website. My pass say entry from gate 5, so need to find out where it is.
krish.pf
BRFite

Post by krish.pf »

Hi all,

I need some info on the online booking for general visitors.

While booking online, it says -
6. Your payment will take a minimum of one working day to reach the DEO account. You should take this into consider while making your payment.
How long does it take for the payment to get processed? What will happen if one books today? Is the coming Saturday and Sunday working days for DEO?
Is there an option to get tickets only for the ADVA 600Rs ticket, directly at the venue, tomorrow or on sunday?

Much thanks to anyone with info,
Regards
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

dileep, with RAM coatings?
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

^^ SaiK, if RAM coated glide bomb has RCS which falls in the specified RCS range then Akash can engage it.

But is this RCS number available in public domain? Isn't this too much detail to be revealed for a major system.
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar_T »

Krish - You can buy directly at the venue but 21st and 22nd Feb being Saturday and Sunday so there will be crowd, hence I suggest you to register online. Simply register for ADVA Rs600/- registration, carry the confirmation payment page which also shows you your unique registration & get the pass/ticket at the venue gate in 5-10 minutes. This confirmation not only comes after paying through credit card (take a photo from your mobile) but also comes to your email and mobile (sms). You do not need to take print out, showing the sms/email is sufficient. Do carry the identity card provided during registration. There are many desk-counters at the venue and I am told in weekdays, any counter had max of 8-10 people in queue. The desk was efficient and fast in issuing the tickets/passes - No worries. You can carry as many water bottles as you like (no snacks). Am sure you will carry umbrella, hat and sunglasses. Car parking no issue.

Am going there tomorrow, will reach by 8:30AM. My aim is to start with a heavy breakfast and enjoy the morning show, leave the venue by 12. Above is based on my friend experience who visited yesterday. He arrived at the venue by 9AM when the show was expected to start but the flying display according to him started at 9:30AM. This is all I can share. Last time when I visited, 2 years ago, food stalls were a mess by afternoon (I also recall ice-cream vendors were a hit & water bottles were being sold at exponential prices though they should have been selling stuff at authorized rates). People were stepping on each other fighting to be in queue etc for buying meals in different stalls. It was manageable but there was scope of improvement. So, if you are with kids, you may want to get the food earlier before long queues pile up. Hoping, arrangements are even better this year.

Fellow members can add/correct suggestions/tips from their experience in the last 3 days.
Krish.pf - Hi all,

I need some info on the online booking for general visitors. While booking online, it says -
Quote:
6. Your payment will take a minimum of one working day to reach the DEO account. You should take this into consider while making your payment.

How long does it take for the payment to get processed? What will happen if one books today? Is the coming Saturday and Sunday working days for DEO?
Is there an option to get tickets only for the ADVA 600Rs ticket, directly at the venue, tomorrow or on sunday? Much thanks to anyone with info, Regards
member_28840
BRFite

Post by member_28840 »

Dileep wrote:I got pic of the glide bomb. Will post tonight.

Talked to the director drdl. Akash can kill if the radar can track, which is 0.1 m2 rcs
thank you Dileep. Looking forward to seeing the picture.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Just got back to the room. The KB in all its wisdom, made us say at the guest house near electronic city!!! My colleague heading the defense BU treated ourselves to an excellent Italian dinner at Chianti, for all the hard work we pulled off together.

The datapattern seeker is for.... BRAHMOS!!! it is getting to trials soon. They also are doing X band AESA work independently.

Had a photo op today with the great guy who flies LCH. He dropped in to our stall to say hi to one of our ex brass colleagues.

Avalon Tech chennai makes metal parts for Rolls Royce jet engine (don't know the model) and all kinds of advanced stuff. Have some photus to share. Some are directly outsourced by US majors.

Saw single crystal blades at HAL. Have photus.

Got a lot of infoboards. Too tired to download/watermark/post. Will have to do it later.
ravip
BRFite

Post by ravip »

Dileep wrote:Just got back to the room. The KB in all its wisdom, made us say at the guest house near electronic city!!! My colleague heading the defense BU treated ourselves to an excellent Italian dinner at Chianti, for all the hard work we pulled off together.

The datapattern seeker is for.... BRAHMOS!!! it is getting to trials soon. They also are doing X band AESA work independently.

Had a photo op today with the great guy who flies LCH. He dropped in to our stall to say hi to one of our ex brass colleagues.

Avalon Tech chennai makes metal parts for Rolls Royce jet engine (don't know the model) and all kinds of advanced stuff. Have some photus to share. Some are directly outsourced by US majors.

Saw single crystal blades at HAL. Have photus.

Got a lot of infoboards. Too tired to download/watermark/post. Will have to do it later.

upload the gilde bomb photus soon...waiting for it since evening.