Aero India 2015

deejay
Forum Moderator

Re: Aero India 2015

Post by deejay »

Prasad wrote:So how does one get tickets? From that link in the opening post?
General Visitors:
Well you go to the linked page and at the bottom of the first page there is a link for General Visitor Registration. Read the contents to understand the importance of Unique number and Photo ID that you need to carry. You need to click on the link for General Visitor Registration and follow the process as listed.

This will give you access to Air Display Viewing Area only. (Charges: Rs. 600/-)

There are two more categories with different levels of access:

> Business visitors Exhibition Area (Valid for all areas excluding chalets) : Rs. 2500/-
> Visitors Exhibition Area (valid for all area excluding chalets & ADVA) – on weekend : Rs. 2500/-
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Entry to visitors exhibition area is only on 21 & 22. I was telling my cousin to go on Thursday to beat the crowds. So now he has to do the trek on 2 days. What does one do on the other days then? Watch the airshow and go home? Sounds odd.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

http://www.aeroindiaseminar.in/cms.php?cms=45

Speakers List
List of Approved Papers for Aero India International Seminar-2015

Sl No Speakers Name Company Topic Country
1 AVM Hora ASTE Flight Testing Changing Perspectives India
2 Aristos (Ari) Dimitriou Raytheon Transformational concepts in information sharing : Building on the Success of the first enterprise scale solutions USA
3 M Peter Arun & Accosiates CEMILAC Airworthiness certification of Tejas-LCA for initial operation clearance (IOC) and challenges for final operation clearance (FOC) India
4 M. Brandfass Airbus Defence & Space MFRFS- Multifunctional RF Systems, objectives, operational benefits and functionalities Germany
5 CABS India
6 Marc Anderson Tellumat Terrestrial Communications link options for unmanned Aerial Systems SA
7 Paul Stein Rolls Royce System Engineering for the evolving scenarios UK
8 CABS India
9 Mahadesh Kumar & Ravishankar Mariayyah Dassault Systems Multidisciplinary design optimization (MDO) of a typical low aspect ratio wing using light India
10 Dr. Bala Bharadvaj Boeing A perspective on the future of Aerospace USA
11 Admiral D M Sudan Navy Naval Aviation- Roadmap for development India
12 Prashantsingh B HAL Basic trainers : the Changing global scenario and Indian perspective India :lol:
13 Nitzan Barkay IAI Cyber Early Warning and commonality of Cyber Warfare and Electronic Warfare Isreal
14 Dr. Gerhard Bantle & Dr. Uwe Wacker Airbus Defence & Space An Integration framework as backbone of netcentric c4ISR Systems Germany
15 Dr. Theo Hengstermann & Dr. Nils Robbe Optimare Optimized Operational Airborne Oil Spill Remote sensing ; the quantitave approach Germany
16 P M Sounderrajan & Associates DARE A feasibility study on fighter aircraft characterization methodology India
17 ArunKumar C & Rakesh Kumar IIT, Kanpur DSMC Study of hypersonic rarefield flow over a blunt body with nose spike India
18 Wg Cdr K Sreedhar ASTE Innovative application CFD tools to evolve safe egress mechanism in prototype transpost aircraft India
19 Conrad Banks Rolls Royce Propelling Futuristic Vehicles UK
20 Dr. Riti Singth Cranefield University Distributed Propulsion and future of aerospace propulsion UK
21 Gp Capt S K Jain IAF Futuristic Aero Engine vision of an Electric Aero Engine India
22 Prof G Jagadeesh IISc Aero Reserch on hpersonics
24 Christian Dufour & Dr. Ravinder Venugopal Opal RT Technologies Powering efficiency : electric systems for aircraft USA
25 AVM S J Nandodkar, VM, VSM ACAS (Ops) Manned (Fighter & Helicopter) & unmanned vehicles (UAVs, UCAVs etc) India
26 APVS Prasad ADE Indian UAVs current and future trends India

27 Huw Williams IHS Unmanned Systems Isreal
28 Ravi Krishna & Vipin Kumar ADRDE Development of unmanned autonomus powered parachute system India
29 Fernado Ciria Bailo Airbus Defence & Space Technologies for the survellance & reconnaissance adopted for manned and unmanned assets by Airbus Germany
30 Shyam Chetty & Associates NAL Recent initiatives in computational flight dynamics and control at CSIR-NAL India

31 Andreas Schacht & Dietmar Geiger Airbus Defence & Space Open architecture platforms for avionics applications : Challenges in safety-critical systems & possible solutions Germany
32 Dr. V Kala ADE Flight control system development for aircrafts at ADE India
33 Abdul Rashid Tajar & associates HAL Improvement in Helicopter performance and handling qualities by optimized wing design for an attack helicopter- way forward for compound helicopter India

34 Uri Shemir Elbit Systems Innovations in enhanced vision systems (EVS) for commercial aviation Isreal
35 Thomas Braun & Associates Eurojet The EJ200- Optimized design, manufacturing, integration and product support technologies Germany
36 Dr. Santosh Hemachandra IISc Aero Combustion & stability India
37 A I Vatagin Klimov Thrust vectoring nozzle Russia
38 Benudhar Sahoo RCMA, Odisha Certification of Single Crystal Turbine Blade using Indigenous Ceramic Core aided by Platinum Pins in a Fighter Aircraft Engine India
39 Cmde J Maolankar NFTC Ship suitability- The nedd to understand the broad impact of operation of aircraft from ships on aircraft design and testing India
40 Nemichandra HAL Progressive integration of UAVs into Indian Airspace and growth of industry India

41 Martin Kress & Marcel Mampel Airbus Defence & Space Pilot assistance for helicopter operations in DVE (Degraded Visual Environments) Germany
42 Dr. Ananda C M NAL Advanced avionics systems, technologies and solution- An insight into architecture and its certification India
43 Jean Vin Legrand SAGEM High grade navigation trends France
44 V M Gusev & V G Markov CIAM Role and position of tests in the process of development and creation of advanced aircraft engines SA
45 Sreemathi M S BEL Airborne products: Quality requirements and challenges in manufacturing India
46 Wg Cdr Rajesh Verma IAF Maintenace challenges for military aviation India
47 Kanchan Biswas NAL Harmonization of mailitary & civil aircraft certification procedurea & changes necessary to energise aviation industry in India India
48 Cpt Ansuman Chauhan Navy Naval aviation maintenanace support -oppertunities for industry India
49 Gp Capt V S Chauhan & Team HAL Aerospace vision:20150 continued airworthiness and contemporary customisation on transport class of aircraft with TARDC as a technology enabler
50 Kiran Jacob & Anubhav Mathodia Dassault Systems System performance & dynamics simulation for aircraft landing gear India
51 Rajesh Ayilliath Kuttieri & associates HAL Neural partial differentiation for parameter estimation of flexible aircraft dynamics India
52 Vikas Bharadwaj ADRDE Aerostat flight dynamics measurement India

53 Dr. S L Chernyshev TsAGI Metal or Coposites of what will be the future Rusia
54 Dr.S Gopalakrishnan IISc Aero Micro and smart systems applications in aerospace and defence India
55 Iddo Kressel IAI High speed in flight structural health monitoring system for high altitude long endurance unmanned air vehicle Isreal
56 Boris Morozov Sukhoi Application of prepregs type KMKU & KMKS in aviation technology products Russia
57 P R Kiran & Associates HAL Experimental studies on delamination of composite components using macro fiber composite patches India
58 Dr. A Shanmugham MIT, Chennai An investigation into structural integrity of over speed low pressure bladed turbine disc of a high thrust military class turbo fan engine using non linear ultrasonic (NLU) technique India
59 Prajwal Shivprakash DLR e.V Design Space exploration of solar high altitude long endurance airplane using open source tools Germany
60 Kiran Divekar & Chinmaya Hardas Dassault Systems Manufacturing transformation with digital manufacturing techniques India
61 Rakesh Kumar & A K Ghosh Chandigarh University application of neural based method for aerodynamic modeling using flight data at low and high angle of attack India
62 Anil Kumar LDRA Object verification techniques for aerospace software India
63 Dr. Raj Dutt APIC Corp Photonics for Aerospace applications USA
64 Yuri I Bely And Anatoly Sinami NIIP Active Radar Russia
65 Kumaraswamy N & Associates BEL Futuristic Aerial surveillance systems: Integration of payloads and implementation of data communication for aerostat based surveillance system India

66 Jack W Obanin Lockheed Martin Advanced developemnt in air mobility and maritime reconnaissance USA
67 Abhishek Singh HAL Weapon algorithm for low speed trainer aircraft India
68 Gargi Meharu & Associates HAL Hardware inloop simulation (HILS) testing for dynamic evaluation of indigenous air data computer India
varunalh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by varunalh »

Folks, the aeroindia website has been updated with the following information

1. Tickets will be sold through select AXIS bank from 2nd Feb https://www.aeroindia.in/BranchName.pdf
2. 5 Aerobatic teams will perform on all days
. IAF Sarang
. Flying Bulls
. Aero Super Batics
.other two - unknown
3. Those who have bought it online can collect the tickets from the above banks from 2nd Feb onwards
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

The Wingwalkers and markjeffries.
member_28899
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28899 »

Do they have some conditions for registering as a business visitor or anyone can register merely by paying 2500.
member_22605
BRFite

Post by member_22605 »

No 57 is yours truly ;)
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

^^^ Whats going on with the paint scheme on TD3, and what will be on the floor/flight line for LUH?
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Once the registration is done and payment done online, what is the next step?
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

raghuk wrote:No 57 is yours truly ;)
The one on delamination of composite materials? Can you please post the transcript online after your talk for some of us who won't be able to attend?
Thanks
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

raghuk wrote:No 57 is yours truly ;)
Congratulations.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

any data (some diagrams) to show which 80% of mk2 will be composites?
maz
Webmaster BR

Post by maz »

guys, do not forget to take pix of the wall posters in the stalls and post here. please.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Looks like I will be down there for the airshow as well.

Pliss to let me know if the BRF gang is planning to meet up at the airshow. I would love to meet everyone who's down there. :)

-Vivek
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

hope you guys can arrange a remote presence robot that we can sign up on line to see around. :)
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

uddu wrote:Once the registration is done and payment done online, what is the next step?
I think it is to collect the ticket by presenting the acknowledgement and the appropriate ID. I hope that it can be done at the entrance on the day of the visit for those who are coming from outstation.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

So here's the up-to-date list as confirmed to me by the participants & the show organizers as of now: http://vishal.jolapara.in/2015/01/26/aero-india-2015/
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

^^ "sky jump by US spl forces"?
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

tushar_m wrote:Can anyone suggest a Point & shoot camera to use in Aero India.(newbie can't go for DSLR directly)

I have seen sony/cannon/nikon with 42-60x zoom & MP in the range 16-20.
What actually i need to keep in mind while purchasing the camera for events like this .Shutter speed ????

Thanks in advance
Hello Tushar,

Honestly, go for a dSLR!
If not, then rent a Canon 60D or 70D (will allow a decent burst rate & Auto Focus Speed) with a 100-400mm lens - you're sorted.
Only thing is, shooting at high focal lengths requires a lot of practice - an inch of movement of the camera will swing your viewfinder target by a few metres at the longer end.
My first time at Aero India with a 400mm:
Day 1 - missed even every moderately fast flying a/c
Day 2 - start nailing 40-50% of the a/c you're able to track through the viewfinder
Day 3 - 60-70% and it goes on.........

You have almost no chance of getting decent shots with a high-zoom PnS, sorry but its true.

Best of luck Image
deekav wrote:Do they have some conditions for registering as a business visitor or anyone can register merely by paying 2500.
the latter
Shreeman wrote:^^ "sky jump by US spl forces"?
Sarkari press release :oops:

As you will see there in the Special Attractions, they've mentioned the Breitling Wingwalkers by their parent co name - "Aero Super Batics Limited"
they've mentioned the Yakovlevs again by their parent co name - "Airborne Services Limited"

People seeing the ad will be wondering, Who the Hell is that Airborne Services Limited, so you'll naturally Google, here's the result https://www.google.co.in/search?q=Airbo ... es+Limited No relevant info on the first page

Its like saying, "i'm taking an InterGlobe Enterprises (IndiGo) flight from Mumbai to Bangalore" or a "Tailwinds Limited (Jet Airways) flight to Delhi" :roll:

The IAF (from what i've heard) (had)has a mothballed M2K Display team. Heck we have many awesome airplanes that make a lot of noise (which the crowds love) that the VayuSena can show-off. A flyby atleast if not a full-on display by MiG 21s & 27s at a distance - for everyone's safety :idea:

A PROPER display by VayuSena Mirage 2000s, MiG 29s, Jaguars, Mi35s & NauSena MiG 29Ks (+ the usual Su30 & Tejas displays) - would'nt people come from far & wide and pay good money to see all that.

A touch-&-go by the Tu142 will be just Image but, i guess wowing and inspiring the current & next generation dosen't seem to be a priority of the MoD - sad shit.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

SSridhar wrote:
uddu wrote:Once the registration is done and payment done online, what is the next step?
I think it is to collect the ticket by presenting the acknowledgement and the appropriate ID. I hope that it can be done at the entrance on the day of the visit for those who are coming from outstation.
Got it
https://www.aeroindia.in/FAQsAeroIndia2015.pdf
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

It seems like the Ruskies aren't sending any birds to AI-15. Europe will be represented by Rafale. Nothing significant from Yanks. I actually think some participation by SE Asian countries would be great...may be ask Malaysians to bring in their 29s or Singapore F-16. Of course the Chinese are always welcome to bring in their famed J-10...a chance to get in some close up view of the workman ship.

So the only exciting attraction from my POV will be Tejas display (hopefully we'll get to see expanded envelope), may be matured Mk.2, AMCA design configurations (hoping for a full-scale mock up of Mk.2) and LCH TD-3 prototype. Su & Rafale demos are fantastic but have seen them in the last 2 AI.

I might just attend the airshow from ADVA and skip the expensive businees ticket. I am sure some of the regulars will collect juicy info about indigenous products from DRDO folks :)

Vishal, Mirage Aerobatic Team was excellent. Saw them back in AI 2001 and they definitely enthralled the crowd. I think that was their last AI. With absence of Surya Kirans, IAF's aerobatic roster (Fast jets) does kinda look empty.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

varunalh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by varunalh »

Folks,

Update on the ticket process.

I had booked a business ticket through online.
Went to the Sahakarnagar Branch today to collect the tickets.
A dedicated kiosk was setup.

Process for collecting the booked ticket.
1. Present the registration confirmation you got when you booked the ticket
2. Present the ID card used during the registration
3. Collect the Ticket.

Now all this should take is about 1 to 2 mins. However the kiosk is connected to the central server via a airtel 3g/4g dongle.
When I went to collect, the server itself was down. I was informed that it had be down since morning and a gentleman had to wait for close to an hour prior to me to get the ticket.
To my luck, the server cam back online and I got the ticket in about 5mins.

The person manning the booth said it is easier for people to get the ticket at kiosk as there is no need for net connectivity/server running for ticket to be issued at the kiosk itself.
Payment is only through debit/credit cards for buying the ticket at the kiosk.

The kiosk is going to be operational throughout the banking hours of that particular branch.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Have recieved khabar of a last minute आमन्त्रण to Ameer Khan Pandhra, Solah & Prithviraj
I am awaiting confirmation on their आगमन :idea:
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

PM has no plans to fly any jets during Aero India: MoD
Bengaluru, Feb 07: The Ministry of Defence (MoD) on Saturday denied reports that Prime Minister Narednra Modi is likely to fly a Rafale jet during the forthcoming Aero India 2015.

MoD officially clarified that the "news item in a section of the media that ‘PM may fly in a Rafale,' is baseless.

"It is clarified that there is no plan for the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to fly in any fighter jet. The news item is incorrect, misconceived and is not based on facts," MoD spokesperson Sitanshu Kar said.

He said the the conduct of Aero India, a premier aero-show of Asia, has no linkage with any of the acquisition plans pursued by the MoD.

"Aero India will witness the participation of most of the original defence equipment manufactures from across the globe. As such, the event held biennially, provides defence manufacturers to showcase their products and innovations taking in the field," he said.

MoD woke up to ‘breaking news'

Sources in MoD told OneIndia that the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) was embarrassed by the news item. "The clarification explains the seriousness of the matter. It was a serious error," an MoD official said refusing to give more details, said.

Fight from Saturday morning, the news item was received with ‘amusement' among defence circles. Online defence enthusiasts too got active with many wondering why Modi ‘chose Rafale' in instead of Sukhoi, the frontline Indian fighter.

While the MoD is yet to make an official statement, it is likely that Modi will be attending the 10th edition of Aero India.

Defence Journalists' plea reaches Parrikar

The Press Club of Bangalore (PCB) has officially written to Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar requesting him for a live video link of the scheduled Aero India 2015 Curtain-Raiser Press Conference in New Delhi.

In support of aerospace and defence journalists and other media houses in Bengaluru, who will be covering the Aero India 2015, the PCB sent a letter recently to Parrikar asking for a live feed of February 9 press meet scheduled to be held at DRDO Bhawan.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Online defence enthusiasts too got active with many wondering why Modi ‘chose Rafale' in instead of Sukhoi, the frontline Indian fighter.
Wonder who these are, considering this is the first time we hear about this on BRF? :P
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

First photo of the first ✈ arrival @ VOYK:
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Once upon a time i used to drool over A400M, Janes used to run countless ads in JDW .

But soon white people ran out of money and ... Just what happened to it??
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

While the number of aircraft participating in static and air displays is tentatively 72, scintillating and enthralling displays by Indian Air Force Sarang Team, air display teams from Sweden, UK, Czech Republic and open sky jump by USA Special Forces are among the major attractions at Aero India-2015.
Among the foreign military aircraft that will be seen at the airshow include F-15C Eagle, Lockheed F-16C, Boeing KC-135, Boeing C-17 A Globemaster III, Boeing P-8A Posedon, Rafale Dassault and Emb-145 I.
The foreign civil aircraft participation includes PC-12 NG, Falcon 2000, Phenom 100E, Boeing B 75, Boeing A 75, Viking, Catwalk, WASP, RRJ 95, EMB 505, Bell 407 GX Helicopter, King Air 350 ER, 19-seater Turbo Prop AI Industry, Z Lin Z 50 LX, Oma Sud Sky Car, Falcon 7 X and Dornier 228-New Gen.
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

Sid wrote:Once upon a time i used to drool over A400M, Janes used to run countless ads in JDW .

But soon white people ran out of money and ... Just what happened to it??
Cost overruns, delays in production: Germany has only managed to get 2 A-400Ms due to slow assembly of fuselage.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

The three Rafales that landed today ✈
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

Thanks Vishal Jolapara for this beautiful pic & the advice on Camera
vipins
BRFite

Post by vipins »

Can we buy tickets directly at the venue or there is some max limit to the number of visitors on a day?
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Modi must fly in a Tejas. :)
KiranM
BRFite

Post by KiranM »

Any jingoes visiting? Interested in a get together?
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

I am banking on your guys to get information regarding the following

Aero India 2015: HAL to Showcase LCH, LCA, LUH & Rudra; Visitors Can Experience Hawk Cockpit, Martian Surface

HAL’s focus would be to showcase itself as a single window solution provider for its platforms across rotary and fixed wing business segments. In this aero-show HAL would also project itself as the Company actively pursuing development and production of UAVs through collaborations with Defence Laboratories, academia, and its own design.

HAL is in the process of transforming itself as a technology company and some of the salient technologies that would be on display include 25 KN engines suited for 5 ton class that would suited for future jets, glimpses of digital manufacturing of LUH, 3D printing technology, automatic flight control systems, smart radios and upgraded avionics for various platforms. In addition, HAL will be having several business meets with its key partners and other interested parties from different parts of the world.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

that 5 tonne thing is AURA ?