Mumbai Airshow Pics

JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Hi,

I think you are missing Ved's point. To launch a PGM you have to fly in a certain manner, irrespective of where you launch the PGM from, ie at which range. Ved is right in that steady flight is essential at the moment you launch the PGM.
Also LGB's can still bring one into SAM range, ditto for EO Munitions. The only true fire and forget autonomous munitions are JDAM's with INS integrated and GPS for terminal phase. And the Brahmos when we get it- Air launched version (INS+ radar for terminal phase). The KH59MK's (INS and EO for terminal phase ) will also be useful but are too expensive to chuck around. In essence, despite having PGM's there is an all important transition phase, for the launch window, when the pilot has to keep the a/c rock steady, irrespective of whats being thrown at him.. and thats what Ved's been referring to.
Last edited by JCage on 26 Oct 2004 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
Karnik
BRFite -Trainee

Hi JCage

Post by Karnik »

I probably did miss his point...from what little I know from the real life wilrd...There is a certain waypoint called the IP point which is previous to the target or Launch waypoint...Once at the IP thie jocks do a straight run to the next waypoint to launch...and yes no yanking and banking here...BTW regarding cost of a KH-59... I'd like to quote the Jag pilot....I asked him...you carry only ONE SeaEagle and he said ...Dont think in terms of a SeaEagle... think in terms of a One Frigate or a destroyer....
I think One Kh-59 is very small a price to pay....if it takes out a Command Post , a major Rail / Road Bridge or something equally imp.
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

Manish,
Do you make it to BR Meets?:)
We would love to have Nitin here but he prefers leaving from the eastern seaboard:)

Paul aint in india.

Hey Nitin,nice to see you in a dumb airshow thread with us mortals:)

Kapil
Raman
BRFite

Post by Raman »

Just in case others don't know:
IP == Initial Point (or Ingress Point)
A waypoint a few miles away from the target where the strikers
orient themselves to the target and begin the attack run.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Kapil wrote:Manish,
Do you make it to BR Meets?:)
We would love to have Nitin here but he prefers leaving from the eastern seaboard:)

Paul aint in india.

Hey Nitin,nice to see you in a dumb airshow thread with us mortals:)

Kapil
Hi Kapil,

Given a chance I'd trade in my life for a series of ne'er ending airshows! Who wouldnt!
Ved
BRFite

Re: Hi JCage

Post by Ved »

Karnik Manish wrote:There is a certain waypoint called the IP point which is previous to the target or Launch waypoint...Once at the IP thie jocks do a straight run to the next waypoint to launch...and yes no yanking and banking here....
Yes,the Initial Point (IP) is typically 25-40 kms short of the target, from where the aircraft settles down for the weapon run and concentrates on target acquisition and delivery - no jinking here, even if a hostile aircraft is spotted in the rear quarters, unless he's an imminent threat. In multidirectional strikes, the entire lot split up at the pre-IP.
Rustom

Post by Rustom »

I was just wondering..when will pics of the airshow be put up in the gallerys on br.com??
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Rustom wrote:I was just wondering..when will pics of the airshow be put up in the gallerys on br.com??
Rustom,

November 5th is the date for next updates. The BR Mumbai shots will go online then.

Jagan
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

My friend clicked these. Let me know if BR wants anything and I will ask him.

http://www.geocities.com/samir_patil
appu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by appu »

This is a Mig-29 IMHO. Su30 tailplanes are cropped deltas.
Rustom

Post by Rustom »

That is deffinately a Mig-29.
There are no cannards (MK1's did not take part) & there is no tailcone either.

hi

Post by Guest »

Hi i m kb daga.This is my first post to this forum.I hav send the pics of mumbai static display which is posted by the of my bro digant dagha i hav pics n videos of airshow too but they r not that gud due to excessive glare.Anyways i m glad i m part of this forum n wil hav gud time with u guys.
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

Jagan,

Will write to him with your list and copy you on that.
SaurabhL
BRFite -Trainee

Excellent Pics

Post by SaurabhL »

Excellent pics from the fellow mumbaikars. Good work guyz, keep it up.

Best Regards,

Saurabh S.Lele
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Your username has been changed to SaurabhL. Any questions or concerns just email me. Thank You.
Amitabh
BRFite

Post by Amitabh »

And the "SAM 3" is a OSA-AK [SA-8] while the "AN-72" is an Avro 748.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

appu wrote:
This is a Mig-29 IMHO. Su30 tailplanes are cropped deltas.
These ARE MiG 29s - but how on earth was this photo taken and reproduced?????

Look at the colors, magnification, graininess, lack of background features, all visible aircraft not fully seen. Strange stuff.
Aditya_M
BRFite

Post by Aditya_M »

Low DPI scan of image from a newspaper. Lack of background colours is prolly the sunlight giving significant glare. Also probably high speed film (low level fast moving yet still photo), hence more grain.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Aditya_M wrote:Low DPI scan of image from a newspaper. Lack of background colours is prolly the sunlight giving significant glare. Also probably high speed film (low level fast moving yet still photo), hence more grain.
Perhaps. But it's not a straight scan. If you enlarge the picture you will see evidence of photoshopping which is clearest near the inboard leading edge of the port tailplane of the lead MiG 29 . as well as along leading and trailing edges of wings. The sky has been "removed". It may have been blue judging from the color seen near the incomplete plane at bottom right.
Shalav
BRFite

Post by Shalav »

If you read the exif info embedded in the picture you can see that it is taken with a Noritsu Koki Qss-32_33 model camera.

I cannot find literature for it anywhere but there are plenty of sites out there which display pictures of its product.

If this is a digital camera I am guessing a low resolution sensor which results in the large amount of noise and jpeg artifacting as seen in the photo. The blue area on the edges is just the result of chromatic abrasion.

You can see the same effects in the CGchetak3.jpg photo which was also taken by the same camera. The top set was taken with an Olympus!

I'm guessing the last 2 are probably camera phone piccies?!
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

After you guys come to the final conclusion I will confirm it with Samir.
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

Cant see the pics :-?
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

vdutta wrote:Cant see the pics :-?
thats coz they are not "pics".....

once you click on any link.... a new window will appear : ezshare.de.....

wait for about 25-30 seconds..... then the download link will appear.... click on it, and the download begins....... :)

and btw, most of the videos are about 2 MBs.....
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

Thanks for the info.
superb videos :eek:
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Airshow vids..... all of em :D

http://www.sc-v.com/videos

Sandeep - administrator- www.protonriver.com/forums (hosting)