Mumbai Airshow Pics

Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

Yippee,
Have salvaged the video after 2 days of recurring swimming in head cleaners etc.So,the clips will be up in a day or two.Pics will be up later tonight.

Good pictures everyone.I hope similar attendance and dedication at Gateway of India for navy week

Guys,newbies,traitors(Mandrake) how about a Mumbai BR Meet this saturday evening?

Harry,JT 073 was from Dragons.Hope that helps.

Cheerio,
Kapil
Aditya_M
BRFite

Post by Aditya_M »

hey gimme a break, I was just being an opportunist! And *I* was the one who was standing in the sun, not you!

However, Saturday evening is a good idea. :)

My pics are off to Jagan's inbox. there be only one or two decent ones (747 + MKI & SKAT's Heart, mebbe a coupla Dhruv close ups...)

Navy Week, I will be there.

Someone asked for camera gear -

Canon EOS 888 with 38-76 mm Zoom wonly
Canon Powershot A200 without optical zoom :(
oh and a Rollei C35 from 1971 (or was it 1871? :D ) which isnt really used any more :)

btw anyone else noticed the flame coming out from one of the Dhruv's smoke pods? is that normal?
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

rishi,

Will buy you a beer.
George J

Post by George J »

Harry,
KAB 500 KR...seeker head and seeker module? Whats the difference? Seeker module targets and hands off to seeker head and the images from the seeker head is transmitted during the glide path back to the module (datalink) or directly to the MFD??
Rustom

Post by Rustom »

Jagan I just want to confirm that you got the videos. Did you?

Dammit I cant make it this saturday. :cry: :( I am off to alibaug for a few days as my diwali break has already started. Thats the best thing about HR college. :lol:

Hey when is Navy week & what can we expect to see? Will there be a navy airshow?
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

KAB 500 KR...seeker head and seeker module? Whats the difference? Seeker module targets and hands off to seeker head and the images from the seeker head is transmitted during the glide path back to the module (datalink) or directly to the MFD??
It's passive TV - the pilot targets via the picture in the MFD. Not sure if automatic edge detection and correction are used.

To see what the what the whole body and tail unit look like, see my picture of HAL's Su-30MKI model at AFM's 'True weapons on Su-30MKI (or something)', thread.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Manne wrote:rishi,

Will buy you a beer.
:D 8)

Chilled RC will do fine!
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

Can we have a list of all a/c, SAM and radars in the static display?
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

rishi wrote:Chilled RC will do fine!
Sure. When is Jagan coming to town next ?

BTW, folks, there is a "Know Your Army" thingy on - at Veer Savarkar memorial, Shivaji Park. I saw the board - and a few smart army chaps there - on my way to office this morning. Spread the word and swarm the place. It would make a good setting for a BR meet.
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Kapil wrote: Good pictures everyone.I hope similar attendance and dedication at Gateway of India for navy week
Thats in december 2nd week right ?
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Re: Regarding Airshow and pictures

Post by Cybaru »

mkarn wrote: Kenko 420-800mm Telezoom Lens
Holy cow ... You better be on a tripod or it aint no good...
too much shake .. and if you are going to track those flying machines, I suggest a good ballhead with sidekick long lens shade...
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

I've several pictures of the show.

Rakesh saar, check your hotmail. Please upload to this thread.

cheers,
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Many thanks to everybody for the cool stuff, excellent efforts people.
Rustom, welcome to BR. Rishi, I promise you an Insignia if I find you during AeroIndia-2005, give my salutations to AkshatG.

Regarding KAB-500Kr, some information retrieved from a Russian site.

Bomb consists of the corps, television homing device, the device of electrical arming, the unit of control system, warhead, the turbogenerator-source of power supply, fuse, steering drive, the unit of onboard automation. The television gyrostabilized homing device with the correlation algorithm of information processing about the target includes optical-electronic unit, established on the three-stage gyro stabilized platform, and the electronic component of information processing, located in the united corps. The forward section of the head is closed with spherical transparent fairing. Head provides the guidance of bomb to the target with the illumination in the terrain 50-100000 lux and the contrast of reference points 0.2 . Bomb suspension on the aircraft is accomplished with the aid of the multi-purpose stores rack of a series BDZ- U.
Translation is not top quality.
Rustom

Post by Rustom »

I thought I would bring this up.
I want to know where all you bombay boys viewed the airshow from.
Kunal K you look like you got some great spots without the suns glare at all.
I think that Ashish has the prize winners. Especially that shot of the Flanker belly. Where were you? It looks like you were on, or right next to the AI Bldg & using one hell of a lens. Please can you share your point with us.
I was opposite the Air India bldg, right next to the flyover & on a terrace right next to marine plaza.
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

The advantage of having a show like this in Mumbai is the amount of enthusiuastic ,talented photographers it has thrown up..Other cities,Chennai excluded get their displays inside Fauji areas..this one was right out there.

heres a set of pics which popped up in the mail courtesy Amit Kulkarni who was on top of Nirmal at NP.

Yes,he does need to name his SKAT manouveres right but nifty pics :)

http://amitkulkarni.info/pics/mumbai-air-show-2004/
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

This is what we're missing -

The 2 SA-3 Pechora mobile launchers
The various radars
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Other pictures.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Temp/MumbaiAir/Aditya/
Morepictures added to digants collection

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Temp/MumbaiAir/Digant/

Harry

There are no pechora mobile launchers. They are only the transporters . Check out air4.jpeg and others in Digants Directory

They did display the OSA-AK Mobile launcher
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Temp/Mumb ... /air12.jpg

Jagan
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

8)
Aditya--
Sagle Yaan-Avdhe Unch aani Avdhe Laamb!

Tsk tsk-- too much distraction!
I hope you got suitable responses during the SKAT heart :-o
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Rustom,

If you are reading this. I never got the file, MSN disconnected in between. If you can write a CD maybe you can give it to Kapil during one of the BR Meets.

Jagan
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

http://amitkulkarni.info/pics/mumbai-ai ... 004-06.jpg

this pic shows the bird threat that the IAF faces operating from quite a few of our crowded bases. can see a bird in the same frame as the Su-30s and Il-78.
Aditya_M
BRFite

Post by Aditya_M »

two things, Kaps -

1) 2.0 Megapixel with 4X Digizoom.

2) Said "Distraction" was taking pics with my EOS which shall be presented today evening.

:D
pranavhp
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pranavhp »

Could someone use IRC or yousendit.com and upload videos, please?
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

MUMBAI, i have a problem here.....

my friend has got 71 snaps of the static display on his camera phone

Samsung x-600

problem is, theres no option for sending the pics directly into the comp.... NO provision for a data-cable/ USB connection..... :(

Also my friend said that hes having problems in sending the Pics(to another cell) via MMS... he was talkin something about some problem in the GPRS settings....

someone.... anyone..... any ideas ???? :idea: :?: Pl......... :(
Himanshu
BRFite

Post by Himanshu »

Ask him to talk to the Service Provider for the GPRS settings.. I guess.. he can mail the pics to an email account once the GPRS settings are fixed..
Paul_M
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Paul_M »

hello

in this picture we can see only the tv kit which can be fitted to 500 or 1500 kg bomb
http://wilddog26.tripod.com/airshow/index.album?i=40

Click the picture for a larger image

for more infos about KAB series bomb:
http://www.military.cz/russia/air/weapo ... ab/kab.htm

can one translate please !!

why india has not acquired the laser guided version of KAB bomb???
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

FENCER, your username has been changed to Paul_M
Rustom

Post by Rustom »

Jagan Posted: 22 Oct 2004 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rustom,

If you are reading this. I never got the file, MSN disconnected in between. If you can write a CD maybe you can give it to Kapil during one of the BR Meets.

Jagan
DAM!!!
Actually I dont have a writer.
Can I try & send the zip to you again. I think that someone in my house must have cut it off not knowing what was happening.
Otherwise, is there anyone on msn who can please add me. I need a hoster for a 20 MB zip file containing 30 small videos, 10 minutes total.
Anyone.....Please.
karthik.k
BRFite -Trainee

Post by karthik.k »

Rustom,
Couldn't you just upload it using FTP ? I can provide the necessary disk/bandwidth. Jagan could then download it thro FTP/HTTP. If you guys agree I will mail Rustom with the necessary info.

/kk
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

Rustom wrote: DAM!!!
Actually I dont have a writer.
Can I try & send the zip to you again. I think that someone in my house must have cut it off not knowing what was happening.
Otherwise, is there anyone on msn who can please add me. I need a hoster for a 20 MB zip file containing 30 small videos, 10 minutes total.
Anyone.....Please.
Rustom.... i can help you with the writer bit....

drop me a mail at : niravjj @ hotmail . com
:)

EDIT : i can also help, if required , with the downloading uploading thing....
BROADBAND rules :D
Karnik
BRFite -Trainee

Reply to Paul_M qtn on KAB-500L

Post by Karnik »

Paul_M,

I asked at the display if we had KAB_500L answer was NO. Reason ?? Shrugged shoulders...But here is the reason....To Launch a KAb-500L or any LGB for that matter u need to fly steady, no yanking and banking...which cant be assured over enemy airspace and definitely not above a high value target...but for a the tv guided KAB500 , after its dropped...the Pilot can fly home and the WSO can "Fly" is bomb to the target...at the same time....They had a very catchy phrase for this kind of stuff with he FH-77B "Maro aur Bhago"...If you want to see / experience what I am talking about try Falcon 4 SP4 or Free Falcon 3 simulations...if you are in Bombay.... I can show it to you on my PC
Rustom

Post by Rustom »

Hey I am a die hard Falconeer.
Karnik you go by Fantumfan at the Free Falcon forum right.
I am WildDog from F4HQ. I think I have spoken to you earlier about Falcon.
Its really the best simm around.
My new Radeon 9800 Pro is being installed today so I am going to get FF3 straight away.
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

8)
Rustom,
My number is 9821568122 and mail is kapil AT warbirdsofindia.com

Get int ouch and tell me what stuff has to be uploaded.I am Mumbai based and readying my own package to upload so let me know.

Manish,

You have to show so many people so many things ;)We took account at the BR Meet on saturday :-o
Rustom

Post by Rustom »

Hey Kapil thanks so much for the offer.

Actually, just last night I got to Nirav on msn & sent him the vids. The transfer was successful & he is going to upload them.
After he does that, all the vids will be available for public viewing.

Thanks Kapil & cant wait for the next BR meet. :)
George J

Re: Reply to Paul_M qtn on KAB-500L

Post by George J »

Karnik Manish wrote:Paul_M,

I asked at the display if we had KAB_500L answer was NO. Reason ?? Shrugged shoulders...But here is the reason....
Lets be very clear on this point: we 'may' not have the KAB-500/1500 L but that does not mean we dont have LGB. We have the Matra BGL/SAMP/Paveway-Atlis for the M2K and the Jag and the 27(?). And we have the Paveway-Litening on M2K, Jag and -27. Now only the IAF know why it chooose these over the KAB-L series.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

The simplest reason in the world! Cost!

Its easier to put LGB kits on iron bombs than buy dedicated LGB's. ;)
Ved
BRFite

Re: Reply to Paul_M qtn on KAB-500L

Post by Ved »

But here is the reason....To Launch a KAb-500L or any LGB for that matter u need to fly steady, no yanking and banking..
Correct; but so is the case (in fact, more so, if anything) with any typeof wepon like dumb bombs. In fact, with dumb bombs, the time available is even less, so one has to get it right the 1st time

.which cant be assured over enemy airspace and definitely not above a high value target...
Not the case. There is no other way of doing it. That is why it is easiest to hit an attacking bomber on the final run-in, when he has to hold the aircraft rock steady, no matter what the opposing fire is.... takes some concentration!
Karnik
BRFite -Trainee

Hi All

Post by Karnik »

Ved,

SAM & AAA Systems these days are so good thats its not a good idea to go near the target to put your eggsstaraight from the boys in business and ...look at the world wide trend...Apache, Scalp, JSOW, AGM-130, Kh-59M (which will be on the Su-30MKI), Kh-31A (50miles range i think...). I also asked the Su boy if they would use these birds for CAS type of missions and he was kind of vague saying they were doing only air to air right now...but that cant be entirely true (what was the KAB-500 TV guidance unit doing there...) In the ground role Su's will almost certainly be used for long range stike missions against High value targets...the IAF wont waste the tax payers money on mud moving and tank busting with the Su's

Kapil,

When do you guys want to visit my place in Virar ??? we can keep it on a Sunday....You had a BR meet ???

Rustom....

Yeah i do post on FreeFalcon....Congrats on the Radeon....we need to meet ASAP.....drop me an email....

Manish
Ved
BRFite

Re: Hi All

Post by Ved »

Karnik Manish wrote:Ved,

SAM & AAA Systems these days are so good thats its not a good idea to go near the target to put your eggsstaraight from the boys in business
I agree, its a lousy idea - but there's no way out, you HAVE to keep her steady!

Karnik Manish wrote:I also asked the Su boy if they would use these birds for CAS type of missions and he was kind of vague .......the IAF wont waste the tax payers money on mud moving and tank busting with the Su's
In total agreement there, I never meant that we would use Su's for CAS. I dont get the point here. I only meant that whether its a PGM or a dumb bomb, you have to keep her steady a few seconds short of release. Not just steady, but in stable flight.
Paul_M
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Paul_M »

I'm not sure but maybe the chinese will use their SU-30mkk for CAS missions with the new LGB-250 (KAB 250L)........

http://www.offnews.info/inteligencia_se ... russia.htm

kh-25,kh-29L/T/TE are confirmed for the MKI ???

which laser designation pod will use MKI for KH 25ML/KH29L missiles???
Karnik
BRFite -Trainee

Designating Pod...

Post by Karnik »

Paul_M,

The russians use the Kinzhal pod....but i have not read anywhere that the Su can carry it...but Igues we would use the Litening..we are masters at Systems Integration.....Also u dont always need a 500kkg bomb to it a target...sometimes you need a small bomb to minimise collateral damage...that is why americans and israelis use the GBU-12 LGB which is a 250lb Mk82 bomb with LGB kit....

Ved,

I disagree with your Steady flight theory....The Weapons I mentioned are launched miles away from the target...target is acquired on radar or thru INS or GPS co-ordinates...weapon is launched and if its got an optical seeker the terminal phase is handled by the WSO...Also have read something about Israeli B'Nai tactics where a designator is trailed by a launcher both at low level...Launcher launches and then designator pops up to designate target awith laser to guide launchers LGB onto target....

DO YOU TWO GUYS MAKE IT TO THE BR MEETS...IT WOULD BE A LIVELY EVENT....