Aero India 2019

Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Aero India 2019

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Moderator Note: All news and updates on Aero India 2019 to be posted in here. Thank You Bala-ji for the wonderful logo below and for kicking off Aero India 2019 on BRF. This logo must be the new & official Aero India logo going forward. Hindustan Ki Jai Ho! - Rakesh

---------------------------

Now that is a beautiful logo for Aero India!!

chetak
BRF Oldie

Aero India 2019

Post by chetak »

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Re: Aero India 2019

Post by Rakesh »

Website Launched for Aero India 2019 ---> https://aeroindia.gov.in/Aero-India
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

A Youtube video reporting that a light business jet model GLJ-3X1 will be on display at the Aero Show. It is being developed by Bangalore based Genser Aeropsace. If true then this is a well kept secret as there was no previous news about it. Model looks very TFTA and the specs are: 7+2 seater with twin turbofan engines having cruise speed of 840 kmph and a range of 4100 km.

Promoter Team is EX HAL/NAL and Airforce personnel. Website address is: http://www.genser.com/index.php
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

Vips wrote:A Youtube video reporting that a light business jet model GLJ-3X1 will be on display at the Aero Show. It is being developed by Bangalore based Genser Aeropsace. If true then this is a well kept secret as there was no previous news about it. Model looks very TFTA and the specs are: 7+2 seater with twin turbofan engines having cruise speed of 840 kmph and a range of 4100 km.

Promoter Team is EX HAL/NAL and Airforce personnel. Website address is: http://www.genser.com/index.php

From the site:

The design and development work has been progressing at Genser Aerospace, under a unique collaborative model of aerofi for development of such high technology, high investment, high risk, long gestation aerospace products. Among the stages of (i)Conceptual Design, (ii) Preliminary Design, (iii)Detailed Design & Mock Up, (iv) Prototyping, Testing, Certification and (v) Production; first two stages have been completed and further stages are in full swing.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

I highly doubt commercial feasibility of such project. Small biz jet is rather low volume segment.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

This is what I had hoped for Saras to morph into. Except I was thinking of commuter jet.

Jay I read somewhere that the total demand expected of such planes is roughly about 8,000 planes world wide.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

^^Worldwide, yes. India, no. We don't also have infra to support large scale usage of many biz jets in near future. All our big Airports are already cramped for slots. And hardly anyone would want them for tier-1/2 cities. Any ab initio project from India will find it rather difficult to compete outside India against well established commercial OEMs in this segment.

I feel small private companies have better chances if they try to innovate in new areas rather than being me too types, copying tried and tested models. IMO in India we need minimum D0-228/Saras class prop airplanes which can be used to connect cities in areas which cannot host jet aircrafts for various restrictions like altitude and do not have scale to fill 200 seater planes regularly. Too small planes like this won't offer economy on such routes I feel.

Just my opinion. Its hard to survive in India in A&D. Its good to see people being ambitious but at the same time it would be sad to see them perish due to lack of support and all efforts/money being wasted ultimately.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

It seems like in Feb 2nd week, Abu Dhabi Air show will be happening as well. Many international companies have requested AI folks to post pone our show by a few days to a week so that they can better plan logistics of attending two shows...also since in terms of commercial value/market, Abu Dhabi far exceeds AI (which onlee serves India) and hence the above request onlee. Also, similar request have been put forth by some desi companies as well although in a much more mellower tone...since for desi companies, India is the primary market.

Jay, I doubt Genser can pull their Bizjet thing off...they have a very small team and I am sure it would have known if they are hiring in numbers (like I mentioned in another thread...even the half or quarter the numbers) required to pull off such a venture. BTW, there is a small start up called General Aeronautics...they are developing much more grounded & less ambitious products and I know personally that one of their product is an advanced stage of WT/loading tests.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Zynda wrote:
Jay, I doubt Genser can pull their Bizjet thing off....
I was trying to be nice by not mentioning this. :D Any company which could pull such feat would have come on my Radar too, much earlier. I have heard name of this company previously in some general context. Well, I have seen far more ridiculous pet projects in past by delusional folks, this one is still within the realm of reality. :mrgreen:

I hope they prove me wrong.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

+1. But, it is doable.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Looks like the Saudi-Ukranian JV An-132 is coming to the show this year.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Looks like the Saudi-Ukranian JV An-132 is coming to the show this year.
Always thought this was a lost opportunity consudering the numbers and the years we had operated the An-32.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/ ... 700113.cms
On display from HAL

According to the organisers, the Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH MK IV), Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), Light Utility Helicopter (LUH), HAWK-I and the basic trainer aircraft, Hindustan Turbo Trainer (HTT-40) will be on display during the air show. The LCH, LUH and the HTT-40 is awaiting certification and is yet to be inducted into the Indian Air Force.
Surprised no Tejas. But a nice lineup nonetheless.
What IAF is shopping for

During the 2019 edition, the aircraft expected to participate in the show would be from the six companies who have responded to the IAF’s Request for Information (RFI) for 110 multi-role fighter jets. These include Boeing (F/A-18 Super Hornet), SAAB Aviation’s (Gripen), Eurofighter Typhoon, Lockheed Martin (F-16 Fighting Falcon) and Russia’s Mig-35, who have responded to the RFI.
Here we go again. Might get news on possible frontrunners. Please no Gripen or Fulcrum.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Tejas will be part of the show...either flown by ADA Test Pilots or IAF ones. I really hope MiG-35 will be at AI as well...even though it likely won't be selected. Would love to see its display close-up. AI-19 may be like redeux of AI-11 when all contestants of MMRCA 1.0 flew and it was awesome.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

A-400 & the big Antonov will be nice. Just dreading the parking space problem and the view clutter they'll cause.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

No way either turn up except as support aircraft.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Prasad wrote:A-400 & the big Antonov will be nice. Just dreading the parking space problem and the view clutter they'll cause.

The big Antonov is in India! On a job for the IAF at Chandigarh.

Probably too far off in future to stay for the Bangalore aeroshow in Feb. lol.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/chandig ... 890712.cms

prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

The Antonovv fleet including Mirya have repeatedly come to India to deliver large cargoe. they have come many times to India
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

I have seen it in Bangalore a few times too. ISRO often uses its services. The 124 is such a beautiful aircraft in spite of its size.
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

http://mhrd.gov.in/updates
http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/m ... o_2019.pdf
Concept Note and Invitation for participation in “Student Pavilion” in Aero India - 2019
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

I hope guys are registering for the Aero India Webinar. One is "Growth of Indian Airborne Surveillance Systems" on 19th by S.Christopher and the other on "Regional Transport Aircraft in India" by Jitendra Jadhav, Director NAL on 20th.

Registration URL
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

http://jan-sampark.nic.in/campaigns/201 ... index.html

There’s a webinar being hosted today at 3pm IST by Dept. of Defence Production.

Topic : Growth of Indian Airborne Surveillance Systems
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Link of the presentation.

33:47 has the image of the A330 AWACS antenna.

souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

If anybody has a link to the RTA webinar happened today, please share it. I missed the webinar and a google and youtube search returned zilch.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

chola wrote:https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/ ... 700113.cms
On display from HAL

According to the organisers, the Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH MK IV), Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), Light Utility Helicopter (LUH), HAWK-I and the basic trainer aircraft, Hindustan Turbo Trainer (HTT-40) will be on display during the air show. The LCH, LUH and the HTT-40 is awaiting certification and is yet to be inducted into the Indian Air Force.
Surprised no Tejas. But a nice lineup nonetheless.
Hello mate :)

Tejas will be there - as always, 100%
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

prasannasimha wrote:The Antonovv fleet including Mirya have repeatedly come to India to deliver large cargoe. they have come many times to India
The Antonov 124 'Ruslan' is a frequent visitor to India.

The Antonov 225 'Mriya' has ONLY come to India once. It was transporting a 117 ton generator for an Australian mining company from Prague and took 3 tech-stops along the way.
Prague > Turkmenbashi (Turkmenistan) > Hyderabad > Kuala Lumpur > Perth.

Yours truly was there from its touchdown till departure:

Image Image

Highly doubt Yelahanka will allow such a large aircraft to take-up so precious space for the length of the show.

During the previous shows, I have always seen the Rafale support aircraft: Boeing C-135FR Stratotanker parked at BIAL. They also flew in an A400M prior to the start of the 2015 show with support equipment & the aircraft came back after the show ended to take the equipment back.

The only time i've seen a large aircraft (other than the USAF C-17, which is parked at the very end near the ATC) parked on the flightline was the RuAF IL76 during the 2013 show when the Russian Knights arrived on the second-last day of the show, by when many business jets had already left thereby opening-up space:

edit: my bad. The 2009 show had these on the flightline:

Support aircrafts for the MiG-35, F-16, Luftwaffe Eurofighter, & the USN F-18SH respectively:
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

^ Mirya had also visited before with a cargo for Reliance
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

prasannasimha wrote:^ Mirya had also visited before with a cargo for Reliance
I believe you're referring to the 6 engined Antonov An-225 'Mriya' ?
And no, the time I shot it in 2016 is the one and only time its ever come to India
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

Some help needed regarding AI-2019 process, I booked the general visitor ticket , make the payment and I got the receipt.

So, that receipt will be entry ticket or will I get entry ticket there at Air base.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

nash the process of getting ticket is quite cumbersome and has not changed since years , Till last year you take that receipt for visitor during business days and then go to a ground that is bang opp Yelahanka , out there you will get your pass then a bus carries you to yelehanka and drops you at a place where you then go thorough security screening which is generally a long queue and sometimes your relevant data are not there in the system and security can deny you entrance , Rinse repeat the next day.

May be some one who had better expereince or better way to get this done can share their experience.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Aero India webinar on 2nd Jan 2019 on "NLCA FCS".
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Here is a link listing all planned webinars. Looks like it will also be updated for the youtube videos.

https://aeroindia.gov.in/WebinarProgram

Someone was asking for the video for RTA webinar..? here is the like from above page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUd4MxCs0SU&t=7s
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Austin wrote:nash the process of getting ticket is quite cumbersome and has not changed since years , Till last year you take that receipt for visitor during business days and then go to a ground that is bang opp Yelahanka , out there you will get your pass then a bus carries you to yelehanka and drops you at a place where you then go thorough security screening which is generally a long queue and sometimes your relevant data are not there in the system and security can deny you entrance , Rinse repeat the next day.

May be some one who had better expereince or better way to get this done can share their experience.
How much are the tickets?
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Business Visitor 2750/- for 20-22Feb
General Visitor 1800/- for 23-24 Feb Exhibition visit included.
Airshow ticket 600/- All days
souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

JayS wrote: Someone was asking for the video for RTA webinar..? here is the like from above page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUd4MxCs0SU&t=7s
aahh.. Thanks JayS sahab.. been looking for it..
souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

Webinar on LCA Navy CLAW --- 02/01/2019
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

France outstrips US, Russia; has largest contingent of companies participating in Aero India 2019
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/ ... 355084.cms
kaushik m
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kaushik m »

I want to take my kids for Aero India flying display on 23&24. This will be my first visit as well. Please help me in selecting the type of ticket so that we could see the static display also. Do they have a schedule of which aircraft will be flying on those two days.