Bharat Rakshak Celebrates 25 Years!

VickyAvinash
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Bharat Rakshak Celebrates 25 Years!

Post by VickyAvinash »

Nandakumar ji, I don't have any background in defence sector and don't dare to dilute discussions without the capability of enriching further. Hence, happy to be lurker and learn. Thanks for encouragement though.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

I remember having a BRF meeting in Toronto with Rakesh, JEM, etc. wonderful time.
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

Happy Birthday BRF. I don't remember when I started visiting the website exactly but it was through a casual search on Indian special forces that led me to the site. Must be early 2000s. Since then BRF has provided me immense learning and knowledge. Visit BRF everyday and must thank the forum admins and contributors here for the awesome site.

to next 25 years and more!
Sidd
BRFite

Post by Sidd »

Congratulations!. It is so amazing to see that the site is still going strong after 25 years. I used to lurk around in the late 90s and then formally created an account in 2002. I Attended a few BRF meetings in the Boston area too. Even though I do not check the forum as frequently as I used to, it is so heartening to see the next generation is as enthusiastic about India's defiance as we were in the dial up internet era. Here is wishing another 25 solid years to Bharat Rakshak.
chandrabhan
BRFite

Post by chandrabhan »

Wow... My journey with BRF has been since 2006 (lurking till 2007-08).Continue to ignite minds.. more democracy :)
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

Belated birthday wishes to BRF, been a lurker in the mid to late 2000's mostly on the defense related discussions and finally took the plunge recently to join.
BRF was and still is the go to section for military and strategic news and discussions. Some of the posts from old timers about the orbat,equipment and the opeartional aspect of the armed forces and many an anecdotes about "incidents on LOC" are truly sticky ones to be read by anyone and everyone before they make arguments for/against any platform and the forces.
BRF has opened many an eyes and the mind from the normal trashy deracinated/secular programming to think on strategic lines for the country and the dharma. Wish we do more to take these thoughts main stream, where the local channels are putting on trashy messages to corrupt the young minds.
Barath
BRFite

Post by Barath »

Silver Jubilee wishes for BRF.

May the next 25 years show evolution to greater strength. Wonder what the technology will be @50.

That said the strength of the site is about the community and culture. And BRF has changed substantially since its early days

So here is to the culture keepers and the culture makers for the next 25.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

May BRF grow from strength to strength. Long may its people prosper and take our beloved country forward.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Congratulations and best wishes to BR community.

Oddly I came to BRF, when after a discussion, one of my 'opposition' suggested that I should look up Bharat Rakshak and that I'd like it.
Turned out I did like it!
neeraj
BRFite

Post by neeraj »

Congratulations. I joined 2 decades+ back. Enjoyed every day of BRF.
brat
BRFite

Post by brat »

Congratulations on the Silver Jubilee.
vcsekhar
BRFite

Post by vcsekhar »

Congratulations to the whole BRF team to have kept it going strong for 25 years.
I remember finding the site in 2000-2001 time frame when i was searching for information on the LCA and have been following it since then, although I have lost my original account as it was linked to the email of the company where i was working at the time.
This is a fantastic resource and I love coming here regularly to update myself on the current state of the indian defense forces.
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

Many many congratulations to the entire BRF team- been here since early 2000s (don't remember exactly how I came across the site). Had enrolled but the crash wiped out my standing ( :(( :(( :mrgreen: ), so climbing back the ranks now

Wonderful site... kudos to the entire team.... and to the old posters N3/ ulaanbatori, Singha/ GD/ et al, brihaspati, Shiv, Atri... have learned a lot and miss their posts with all the humour and knowledge... my best wishes to them wherever they are

Just out of curiosity, what is the genesis of the site? how and by whom did it start?
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Happy Birthday Dear BRaves , BRFites
Joined BR quite soon after it was formed by a UNION of web masters such as Jagan , Rupak and many others who had formed niche websites with respect various forces and topics such as 65 air war. Lost my handle and was resurrected again.

I enjoy the insightful knowledge of Indranil and the pragmatic as well as encouraging summaries of the good admiral Rakesh.
I have followed many others closely and enjoyed the way this BR is the crem de la crem of defence conversations, no social media platform can cause the focus of so many highly intelligent and well balanced minds here.

May our tribe continue to grow.
Our forums need an upgrade as well as a membership system that can be used to invite more involved people from the various sectors.

Happy Birthday
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Adrija wrote:Many many congratulations to the entire BRF team- been here since early 2000s (don't remember exactly how I came across the site). Had enrolled but the crash wiped out my standing ( :(( :(( :mrgreen: ), so climbing back the ranks now

Wonderful site... kudos to the entire team.... and to the old posters N3/ ulaanbatori, Singha/ GD/ et al, brihaspati, Shiv, Atri... have learned a lot and miss their posts with all the humour and knowledge... my best wishes to them wherever they are

Just out of curiosity, what is the genesis of the site? how and by whom did it start?
Hi Adrija

Please read the first post by Rakesh. BR was an amalgamation of many rich but niche Indian Defence Websites during the heady days of Web 1.0 . The very staticky web of the late 90s.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

I joined in 2002, have had nothing to add, but lots to learn.

A lot of people need to be thanked for keeping this place up and running.
And then there were super posters too, I recall RayC (Brigadier SK Raychaudhuri), didn't see his name being recalled.

My all time favourite was ArunS. For some reason Haridas doesn't post the same way his ArunS avatar did.
VivekAhujas scenarios just sounded edge of the seat, nail biting realistic. Where is he?

And then there were notable trolls as well - PhoonkSundari BjCutie

By the way, Who pays for this site? How come no one ever asked for crowdfunding it, given how much we all love this place.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

AdityaM wrote:By the way, Who pays for this site?
Seetal R Patel
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Rakesh wrote:
AdityaM wrote:By the way, Who pays for this site?
Seetal R Patel
All I can say is: He's a Jolly Good Fellow!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

AdityaM wrote:
Rakesh wrote: Seetal R Patel
All I can say is: He's a Jolly Good Fellow!
Amen to that. He has been doing it for the past 25 years uninterrupted. Never asked for donations from anyone.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

Rakesh wrote:
AdityaM wrote: All I can say is: He's a Jolly Good Fellow!
Amen to that. He has been doing it for the past 25 years uninterrupted. Never asked for donations from anyone.
My sadar pranam to Seetal-ji for his invaluable support to BR all these years.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

My Salute to him for his invaluable support and contribution.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Happy Silver Anniversary to BRF!!!

Miss our departed friends like B. Harry, Brig RayC, B. Raman, Kosla Vepa.
They are all looking at us from the heavens!
Vande Mataram
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Seetal ji ko koti koti pranam!

Rakesh ji,
If any funding needed for current or future plans, please set up a crowd funding page, I for one and many others I'm sure will be happy to contribute as guru dakshina.
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

Congratulations! I remember going to net cafes in the late 90's to browse BR. Lurked for many years and joined after Nov 2008.
Jai Hind!
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Beloved BR has hit The Silver Jubilee :) Many congratulations all around :D I used to visit the site regularly when it was still in the old format. I vividly recollect visiting BR forum when ABV ordered nuclear tests in May 1998. Anybody here remember Faheem? That's how old is this board :lol: So many things have changed since but BR is still around :mrgreen: I hope it stays that way. For a long time to come 8)

So many posters, imparting so much gyan on any & all topics related India, Indian military, politics, economy, sports, entertainment, whatnot etc. Keep the flame glowing! May Dharma prevail!!
Jaspreet
BRFite

Post by Jaspreet »

SBajwa wrote:> I remember having a BRF meeting in Toronto with Rakesh, JEM, etc. wonderful time.
I do too. That was the first meet we organized. I don't remember JEM being there.

Let's have another one.
Jaspreet
BRFite

Post by Jaspreet »

Cyrano wrote:If any funding needed for current or future plans, please set up a crowd funding page, I for one and many others I'm sure will be happy to contribute as guru dakshina.
Seconded
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: Bharat Rakshak Celebrates 25 Year

Post by Vayutuvan »

I read an extract from brf posted on soc.culture.india on Usenet. It was posted by a user called Jai Maharaj who was quite prolific on Usenet India related threads. I found the extracts of such a high quality compared to all the trash on Usenet that I came to BRF. that was in early 2001. It was great journey. I like the esprit de corp of BRF (not withstanding occasional tiffs with posters and warnings from the admins, who do a wonderful job in keeping the forum on track) and the camaraderie I find here.

all the posters here think out of the box which I like a lot.

I miss some folks in math dhaga. the name kasturi comes to mind.

congrats to everybody.
Abhi_G
BRFite

Post by Abhi_G »

Started lurking in 2003, joined in 2008.

Miss posts from Brihaspati, SSridhar, Surinder, Atri, RajeshA, Shiv and so many others. Will it be possible to bring back a few of them?
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

AdityaM wrote:I joined in 2002, have had nothing to add, but lots to learn.

A lot of people need to be thanked for keeping this place up and running.
And then there were super posters too, I recall RayC (Brigadier SK Raychaudhuri), didn't see his name being recalled.

My all time favourite was ArunS. For some reason Haridas doesn't post the same way his ArunS avatar did.
VivekAhujas scenarios just sounded edge of the seat, nail biting realistic. Where is he?

And then there were notable trolls as well - PhoonkSundari BjCutie

By the way, Who pays for this site? How come no one ever asked for crowdfunding it, given how much we all love this place.
Namaskaram
Thanks for remembering the old days @AdityaM ji.

Commitment comes from responsibility, like Boston Tea Party, no taxation without representation.

And when one moves up the chain of interest, older interests peter away. Reality demands priority, also no one wants to keep hitting wall, wise one benefit from all pointers, others ask for proof from woke media publication.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Haridas ji,
BRF is a dynamic place, people change, thinking changes and the world has surely changed. Your thoughts will still help us get an insightful perspective and learn something. Please do post as much as your time permits.
Pranaams !
Kersi
BRFite

Post by Kersi »

Haridas wrote:
Mr Haridas alias Mr ArunS alias Mr Vishwakarma alias XYZWV

We look forward to see more of you posts

Kersi
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Kersi wrote:
Haridas wrote:
Mr Haridas alias Mr ArunS alias Mr Vishwakarma alias XYZWV

We look forward to see more of you posts

Kersi
Completely agree.
Mr Haridas.... we need more posts from you over here sir.
Haridas
BRFite

Post by Haridas »

@Cyrano ji, @Kersi ji, @Khalsa ji : will try when time permits.

BTW I am only rustic Ganga belt villager so I feel offended by Britshit "Mr" title (that is IMO only fit for robbers and criminals; La Australians, their parents and yankee siblings).

Shriman would be indic enough prefix (of course only if you think i am worthy of it).

Oh BTW for a month in 2008 i put my thoughts as ordinary member (i.e not wearing Webmaster hat of Arun_S) as "KaliCharan" :twisted: but then I was told by high priest forum mods that i can't have two concurrent BRF handles :roll:
Kersi
BRFite

Post by Kersi »

Haridas wrote:@Cyrano ji, @Kersi ji, @Khalsa ji : will try when time permits.

BTW I am only rustic Ganga belt villager so I feel offended by Britshit "Mr" title (that is IMO only fit for robbers and criminals; La Australians, their parents and yankee siblings).

Shriman would be indic enough prefix (of course only if you think i am worthy of it).

Oh BTW for a month in 2008 i put my thoughts as ordinary member (i.e not wearing Webmaster hat of Arun_S) as "KaliCharan" :twisted: but then I was told by high priest forum mods that i can't have two concurrent BRF handles :roll:
Dhanyavad Shri Arunji
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

Happy Birthday to dear Bharat Rakshak Forum ...!

During 2001-2, I used to visit a forum called, 'Proton River', from there, I learned about this forum and started lurking BRF in early 2003.
Since then, its a never-ending process.
Though I am mostly in lurking mode - I learn a lot here, particularly on defense, Pakistan and generally on overall related topics.
Its a reservoir of great learning. Contributors here, often, have an insight which puts their viewpoint ahead of the curve.
I miss many learned posters nowadays, like Hakim saheb, Brihaspati, RajeshA and Vivek Ahuja etc.
May the tribe continue to grow ...all the very best wishes!