A trip down Bharat-Rakshak memory lane.....

Georgemj
BRFite -Trainee

Re: A trip down Bharat-Rakshak memory lane.....

Post by Georgemj »

Hi guys:
I am an old lurker at BR and Narayanan is right when he says that he is not "chetan". I do know for sure that he lurks in BR and he doesn't post. He sends you all his regards
Interesting times indeed..... (remember that :) )
Ved
BRFite

Post by Ved »

I first got to know BR in July 99, and it really has grown. The quality of thought is what I like. Well done, chaps!!
Peeyoosh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Peeyoosh »

Miss Salman, Badar, Ashok, mm and the N^3 avtar that was not trying to solve the worlds problems :) .

Wonder where those folks are. First came here during Kargil - its become pretty addictive.
member_201
BRFite

Post by member_201 »

MM is Mrityunjoy Mazumdar....our current Navy webmaster. I hope you and I are referring to the same person. Miss Jaime and Faheem as well.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Georgemj please give chetan our regards and we do miss him. I remember his views on seeking Israel's help in taking out the Kahuta and manny other stuff. I also rememeber his remark about the importance of 1990 and Sumdrung Chu. and if you want to contact me use the private e-mail icon.
Georgemj
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Georgemj »

Ramana:
i couldn't send u a pvt message..cause I am not a forum leader :) ..u got an email address where i can reach u? Actually u can send me an email at georgemj@hotmail

Georgemj
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Sure its ramana56@hotmail
Can you believe they already had so many of them!
Georgemj
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Georgemj »

Originally posted by ramana:
Sure its ramana56@hotmail
Can you believe they already had so many of them!
Ramana:
I sent u an email

Georgemj
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

George Please re-send. Thanks, ramana
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

Hi All,
MM is the much beloved and quoted Maz.Where is he these days?

Anyways,I cant watch Football here due to my cablewala's perfidy.
So,any of you..do you remember and have that famous writeup on the world reaction to Eyecandy Madhuri Dixit's nuptial announcement?

Cheers
Kapil
Badal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Badal »

wasnt there a guy name LNS too ? whatever happened to him ? or he changed his name ?

hum let me see what my number is after i post this msg ! lol i must keep a low profile one :)
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Originally posted by Kapil:
Anyways,I cant watch Football here due to my cablewala's perfidy.[/QB]
Can you say that again? :roll: :lol:
makkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by makkar »

Hi,

This is a great thread. I have been coming to BR for a very long time, I think June of 97. About 2 hrs. daily. Read a lot post very little. I still remember the days when one could wait 10 minutes for BR to load and then the times when it will go out and you could not log on for days. BR has developed into an extremely mature website and I am proud of it. We actualy printed the BR main page picture on the front cover of a monthly magazine printed by us (with permission from Rakesh). Lot of good times. BTW where is Sanjay Badri Maharaj.

Jai Bharat
Indian
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Indian »

Ah the good old days. I remember sitting in college library searching for IAF and came upon BR. It was a happy moment. I started e-mailing Mr. Rupak about having a forum where people could post their views. He replied and said it was in the works.

We had moments then, from secularism to nukes etc. I remember a post where a member inquired about Indian Special Forces, I replied and later a section was added to the BR site. Those were the days.

I correctly remember Shiv and I wrote about Indian nukes and a scientist replied to our posts stating that we weren't far from the truth. He also predicted that in coming months India would make a big bang which India did.

I hope if that thread could be found. I think of it and it sends chills down your spine. That was the first sign that BR is making a difference. I also remember how members would post different plans of tackling problems etc.

I miss that and I miss my original ID: Dgill45083 hahahahahahahah.

Anyway good luck a awesome job

Jai Bhavani

Deepan Gill
Indian
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Indian »

Mr. Harsha, something has gone wrong I never posted the following under my name?Posted by Deepan Gill on April 17, 1998 at 06:53:12:

In Reply to: Re: Where were you when war broke out ? posted by Gurdev on April 16, 1998 at 00:32:05:

: I remember all three wars. In 1962 I was a student at the Garrisson School (an army school) situated at the Jullundhar Cantonment a few miles out of the city itself. I was also a member of the NCC, which was compulsary. On saturdays all the students in the school took part in a drill and parade of honour for the motherland and its jawans. Most of us students spent time with the soldiers based at the Cantonement, taking part in their games and functions etc and were on extremely friendly terms with them. I remember helping dig trenches and air raid shelters. I also remember the ugly side when the same jawans returned from the war - some without limbs - there was hurt followed by anger and resolve to carry on fighting. In the 1965 war I was based in London. I went back when the war started - not as a soldier but as an Indian civilian to help in what ever way I could, raising funds etc.

: During the 1971 war I was also in London, married to a wonderful Indian girl who had spent the 1965 war touring the war torn areas with her father and a troupe of bollywood singers entertaining the jawans. 1971 was a very quick and short war, but when the dust finally settled I felt the politicians had slapped our jawans in the face. Treaties are for weak nations to sign.

: Above all this I remember during these three wars the spirit of National unity we all had. We were one nation. And nothing was going to threaten our existance. Maybe it takes a war to bring all the different ethnic groups of a nation together?

: Gentlemen forgive me if I sound like a warmonger, but my personal feeling is that ³We should stop worring about international pressures and sanctions and make ourselves powerful. Unless you secure your house and bar the doors, squatters will move in, and lets face it thy are already poised on our borders. Better to die an honourable death and destroy it all than concede an inch to the enemy². My only regret is that my son who is 16 years old cannot join the armed forces because he is visually impaired. Still he is a good mathematician and a computer boffin of sorts. I hope one day he will return to his homeland. Every little bit helps.

I WASNT EVEN BORN IN 1971? :rotfl:
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Originally posted by Rudra Singha:
gayatri srinivasan - probably BRs first full-time
lady member. Mudy is still around I think. cant
think of any other ladies who managed to stick
around.
Yousa be surprised to know, many more exist under funky handles.. One Housewifey is a full time BR reader for 8 hours a day while her man is making money/playing foosball :) .
Shirish
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Shirish »

Kapil email me for mazatollah
member_201
BRFite

Post by member_201 »

cy_baru, are you one of those men? :p
Cybaru
BRF Oldie

Post by Cybaru »

Originally posted by Rakesh Koshy:
cy_baru, are you one of those men? :rotfl:
Nyet! no such luck man.. Don't have a woman who can talk military and update me on the ongoings of BR/india/Pak when I come home.. Still pretty much single, so if you know anyone that fits the above shoes send em my way.
Indian
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Indian »

Mr. Koshy I sent you two pics of Mig-29s. One was the first assembled Mig-29 at HAL. The other was the same plane being readied for test flight which you have posted on your IAF page. Interestingly you have given credit to PRO. What is PRO? hahahahahahah

As for banning me, to this day, any other ID that I might have used, all my posts end with my name and my slogan "Jai Bhavani". I dont need to use backdoor I always enter through the front, afterall, thats what Jats do. :rotfl:

PS: If you would like to know, DSingh is my brother LOL!!!! Plz let Narayan know.
Deepan Gill

Jai Bhavani
Manas
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Manas »

Originally posted by JE Menon:
Shiv,

Come to think of it, hoo nose, N could be Chetan. Or, of course, I could be Chetan.

Merlin,

Am surviving. Will TRY to make it to Bangi this year as well. Maybe we could get together for another lunch, this time on me! What say Doc?
JEM Chetan was most probably RAW/ex-RAW. He used to make some teasing disclosures. Considering his upto the point business like posts (without any humor) it is unlikely it was Narayanan.

I won't forget Faheem's hilarious posts either..especially his reference to "tote Mushy" !. After Pervy Mushy's coup "tote Mushy" was placed under house arrest ! it was funny !

I still remember that way back when SBM was using your full name as his BR handle he had flaunted his "DMI" connections to rebut one of my points.