Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Postby Mahendra » 10 Jun 2013 13:52

Good, now that he is gone he cannot do what Gandhi did to Sardar Patel

thanks for your contribution to the RJB movement Advaniji, now please lead a quiet retired life

Singha
BRF Oldie

Postby Singha » 10 Jun 2013 13:54

time for Nitish to show his cards - no more fence sitting and fuming. show cards and make clear whose side you ride on.

Comer
BRF Oldie

Postby Comer » 10 Jun 2013 13:55

On hindsight a few parivar guys on twitter who are tepid about Modi were abnormally quiet and smug. Now I realise that it's been in the works. Hope there is no season of long knives in the party.

Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Postby Mahendra » 10 Jun 2013 13:56

Manish Sharmaji, it is pointless to argue when random figures are pulled out of musharaff, 1000s were killed, he did nothing vaghera vaghera

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Postby kmkraoind » 10 Jun 2013 13:56

This reminds me of Gandhi-Bose duel. Though Bose has been elected by popular vote, Gandhi sulked and threatened to resign. Bose as a gentleman yielded to Gandhi's blackmail. He had been put, who knows India'a fate would be different than the current misery.

My sincere hope, NaMo will not do a Bose act and resign. At this juncture India needs him badly.

member_20317
BRF Oldie

Postby member_20317 » 10 Jun 2013 13:57

My wager is on this being good for everybody involved. I was apprehensive that LKA might go the absolute dark way and wait in the blind alley, scheming things. But this suggests he is clearly asking the hangers on around him to get real. This complete resignation suggests he has given up the damned option. Bravo I say. My apprehensions are proved little and mean but then I am happy for having been corrected.

I hope he takes up the rest of his public life in the right spirit instead of giving in to dejection.

Sri
BRFite

Postby Sri » 10 Jun 2013 13:59

Sad. The fall from grace could have been avoided. Almost a shakespearen tragedy or leaf out of Mario Puzo's classic? Don Vito was smart enough to understand the end of his own era but Michael took too long.

I have a feeling that LK's proxy men would have conveyed the message to RNS before the announcement was made for Modi. Something was amiss when SS left early.

BJP and country has taken a right turn at a crucial junction.

Folks for last few days in my humble opinion we have witnessed something truly momentous.

harbans
BRF Oldie

Postby harbans » 10 Jun 2013 14:01

My sources inside tell me this has been planned 4 months ago, all are on board. This is intended to make BJP much stronger. Just wait and watch.
Last edited by harbans on 10 Jun 2013 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Comer
BRF Oldie

Postby Comer » 10 Jun 2013 14:03

When was the last time a resignation is ever final in Indian politics. If I don't know better this is part of the scheming too. I would like to hear if there is any good coming out of this.
Edit;harbansji if it was planned and planned well why the sulk? Unless he was really indisposed.
Last edited by Comer on 10 Jun 2013 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 10 Jun 2013 14:04

SO basically, LKA will become to BJP what NTR became to TDP - a photo to be garlanded and praised ritually every now and then in public. Work goes on as usual otherwise.

Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Postby Vamsi.R » 10 Jun 2013 14:07

Hari Seldon wrote:SO basically, LKA will become to BJP what NTR became to TDP - a photo to be garlanded and praised ritually every now and then in public. Work goes on as usual otherwise.

hmm... lets hope there is none like harikrishna in the BJP

Atri
BRF Oldie

Postby Atri » 10 Jun 2013 14:09

And here comes the soosai by LKA.. Or does it? who will go with him?
Last edited by Atri on 10 Jun 2013 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Postby vina » 10 Jun 2013 14:10

Advani gone. Good . Now clean up the BJP, get it in shape, and make the Kangress sweat and clean up it's act.

A no holds barred BJP going for the Kangress throat on corruption and governance is good for the country in the long run. Dr Singh has run he most venal and corrupt govt in the history of this country and the BJP was playing it's B Team.

With Advani gone , now clean out the augean stables, get fresh blood in and get fighting fit.

member_20317
BRF Oldie

Postby member_20317 » 10 Jun 2013 14:11

Hari ji,

TDP ka ghar jamai cannot still stand on his own two feet. Poor choice of comparison.

Mara haathi bhi sawa lakh ka hota hai. :) LKA's importance will be attested to by NaMo himself. Just wait for next 2 days. NaMo is likely to seek his blessings to signal the end of final stretch of negotiations with the D3.

But yes LKA will be what ABV is to BJP. Anything the new guys do will get benchmarked to the old timers.

vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Postby vina » 10 Jun 2013 14:12

So Lalloo was right after all. Pradhan Mantri ban na, Advani Ji ki kundli mein nahin hai !

Comer
BRF Oldie

Postby Comer » 10 Jun 2013 14:14

My guess is the man won't go quietly. Now jd(ultrasecular) shiv sena will predicate their continuing on loh purush. He will make sure neither he nor Modi is the candidate. SS will be the secular face. Jai how onlee

harbans
BRF Oldie

Postby harbans » 10 Jun 2013 14:15

Saravanan ji, I didn't put the sarcasm filters...which I should have :mrgreen:

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 10 Jun 2013 14:16

Very keen on hearing sri sanku's take on this white swan event....

BTW, interesting to know that hge hasn't retired from politics, no sir. He's kept his LS seat (else woh Gandhinagar bypolls also BJP will easily win) and has kept the NDA chairmanship to create downstream khujli and nuisance value alive... Don;t count out the old goat just yet... thi is just the beginning of negotiations via leaked letters. Tomorrow we'll also see leaked auction bids of party posts for campies...

Atri
BRF Oldie

Postby Atri » 10 Jun 2013 14:18

He still is the chairman of NDA, though..

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 10 Jun 2013 14:18

RSS has spoken...from twitter

Firstpost ‏@firstpostin 48s
RSS says that Advani's resignation is unfortunate.

Meanwhile LKA camp active...

Raghunath AS ‏@asraghunath 4m
So Ananth Kumar is among the first one to reach LKA residence. No surprise this.
Last edited by Hari Seldon on 10 Jun 2013 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Postby abhijitm » 10 Jun 2013 14:18

Good riddance.

Comer
BRF Oldie

Postby Comer » 10 Jun 2013 14:20

harbans wrote:Saravanan ji, I didn't put the sarcasm filters...which I should have :mrgreen:

Ouch :(( sorry, stepped on IED with eyes open.!

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Postby Sanku » 10 Jun 2013 14:23

Atri wrote:And here comes the soosai by LKA.. Or does it? who will go with him?

Kudos Atri-ji. Very well done.

M Joshi
BRFite

Postby M Joshi » 10 Jun 2013 14:25

As suspected the eCONomist brigade is not too far behind pouring in their suggestions

Learning from its failure

Mr Modi openly hungers for the chance to be India’s leader. He has been dropping heavy hints for long enough
:rotfl:

That means, first, Mr Modi must overcome his divisive, polarising past—to make himself more of a Vajpayee-figure than an Advani-one. He needs to apologise for his part as chief minister when communal rioting in Gujarat, in 2002, left over 1,000 people, mostly Muslims, dead. To reassure a broad base of Indian voters, beyond his more hardline Hindu supporters, he needs to show that he would never tolerate—let alone facilitate—such a bloody event happening on his watch again.

So far he has lacked the courage to do so. His supporters prefer to carp that the ruling Congress party, notably the Gandhi dynasty, has never apologised for tolerating the massacre of Sikhs that happened across Delhi in 1984, after the assassination of Indira Gandhi. That may be true, but it misses the point that Mr Modi has to change how people see him on this issue, whereas Congress’s leaders are already accepted as secular-minded.
:roll:

Congress is secular onlee, doesn't matter how many were killed in the riots instigated by Congress partymen.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Postby Pratyush » 10 Jun 2013 14:26

Meanwhile form the mouth of Digvijay Singh.

BJP didn’t give Advani his due: Digvijaya Singh

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 10 Jun 2013 14:27

^^Imagine the econom-missed's anguish at knowing that Modi doesn't give a damn about what it thinks of him. Lol.

Meanwhile...

Upset at Modi's rise within BJP, Advani quits all party posts
Leaders of the National Democratic Alliance, the BJP-led alliance, are likely to be induced by Advani's decision to quit party posts. Janata Dal-United leader Sharad Yadav hinted that the party will have to rethink on its continuance in the NDA.
It remains to be seen how Advani camp leaders react.

from teetar..

>>Firstpost ‏@firstpostin 41s
Reports say that Rajnath Singh has rejected LK Advani's resignation.

member_20317
BRF Oldie

Postby member_20317 » 10 Jun 2013 14:29

^
Arre,

Sanjay Mitra reminded the DVS fellow on TV yesterday how the Kongis literally pulled the old man in a hurry from out of his office.

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Postby krishnan » 10 Jun 2013 14:32

14:13 'I no longer have a feeling that this is the same idealistic party': In a letter written to BJP president Rajnath Singh, LK Advani states the reasons why he is quitting from all posts in the party.

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Postby Hari Seldon » 10 Jun 2013 14:35

From rath yatra to wrath yatra... what a fall...

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Postby Pratyush » 10 Jun 2013 14:36

The threats are coming,

JD-U will come out with stand soon: Nitish on Modi

Who permitted this sikular example to open his mouth.

Modi’s elevation as BJP poll campaign chief unfortunate: Azam Khan

On the bright side, this has to be the most transparent change of guard in the history of Indian politics. With the opposition clearly brought out in the open and then defeated.

Lets hope that NaMo is able to survive until after the polls of 2014 and then become the PM.

abhik
BRF Oldie

Postby abhik » 10 Jun 2013 14:37

harbans wrote:My sources inside tell me this has been planned 4 months ago, all are on board. This is intended to make BJP much stronger. Just wait and watch.

:lol: Super-Chanakyagiri ki jai ho. I guess we just can't expect them just eat crow.

Atri
BRF Oldie

Postby Atri » 10 Jun 2013 14:38

Sanku wrote:
Atri wrote:And here comes the soosai by LKA.. Or does it? who will go with him?

Kudos Atri-ji. Very well done.

I am really feeling sad, Sanku ji.. Things people do for family!!

Kudos is to you. I have learnt and am learning quite a lot from you.. You have handled it beautifully here..

Supporting NM in louder voice is the only constructive thing which we can do, bandhujan.. The louder this voice, more difficult would it be for NM to stray from course. Instead of gloating and cursing about anybody else, NM should be supported for his vision of "Congress-Mukt Bhaarat", "Good governance", "Minimum government maximum governance" AND if one is ideologically incline, good ol' "Hindutva" (In this particular order of priority). This will force out others too. The oil-droplet is visible in the water.

Now is the time to start putting pressure not only on others, but also on NM. Espouse his thoughts, shout his values loud, propagate his words and ideas - make things crystalline. Thus, no matter what, some things will become non-compromisable. I have seen giants fall. Lets make sure this one (NM) lasts as long as he can in his pristine form.

All moments which force people to choose sides are good moments. In dharma-yuddha, there can be no fence-sitters...

member_20317
BRF Oldie

Postby member_20317 » 10 Jun 2013 14:42

A few more reactions

Sharad Yadav, JD(U) chief:
"I am saddened by Adavni's resignation. NDA alliance was cobbled together by Atal and Advani. It is not good for the health of the NDA."

Renuka Choudhary, Congress spokesperson:
"I'm not surprised. BJP is politically bankrupt, they have sidelined people responsible for building it."

Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena leader:
"Advani is BJP's Bhishma Pitamah. Should convince him to change decision,"

Kirti Azad, BJP leader:
"I am not sure why Advaniji has given his resignation. All I know is party has to take a call. The reason could be personal as well."

Mahesh Tapase, Maharashtra NCP spokesperson:
"The party with a difference is indeed a party with differences as is evident from Advani's resignation. The fate of NDA is sealed as BJP suffers NaMonia. The UPA will bounce back to power in 2014 Lok Sabha elections."

Nawab Malik, NCP Spokesperson:
"BJP leaders don't respect and honour their seniors. Advani has shown courage, others should follow. Advani seems to have resigned as Narendra Modi was elevated. "

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Postby Chandragupta » 10 Jun 2013 14:49

Lost all respect for the man. Good riddance. Hopefully, he will not pull himself lower by throwing mud at NaMo for 2002 etc.

member_20317
BRF Oldie

Postby member_20317 » 10 Jun 2013 14:50

For the records:

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/politics/full-text-of-lk-advanis-resignation-letter/article4800020.ece
Full Text of L.K. Advani's resignation letter:

Dear Shri Rajnath Singhji,

All my life I have found working for the Jana Sangh and the Bharatiya Janata Party a matter of great pride and endless satisfaction to myself.

For some time I have been finding it difficult to reconcile either with the current functioning of the party, or the direction in which it is going. I no longer have the feeling that this is the same idealistic party created by Dr Mookerji, Deen Dayalji, Nanaji and Vajpayeeji whose sole concern wants the country, and its people. Most leaders of ours are now concerned just with their personal agendas.

I have decided, therefore, to resign from the three main fora of the party, namely, the National Executive, the Parliamentary Board, and the Election Committee. This may be regarded as my resignation letter.

Yours Sincerely

LK Advani

(This article was published on June 10, 2013)

Tumba
BRFite -Trainee

Postby Tumba » 10 Jun 2013 14:52

Advani has become a useful idiot for all Anti-Modi lobby and playing anti India because of this. India needs Modi, BJP needs Modi most of all Indic civilization needs Modi. SAD this old man needs to rest in peace now. Rajnath should reply GTFO.

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Postby chaanakya » 10 Jun 2013 14:57

I tried checking blog of Sr Advaniji. However I am getting the following error

Error establishing a database connection

member_20317
BRF Oldie

Postby member_20317 » 10 Jun 2013 15:03

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 512839.cms

Modi was accused of running the Keshubhai Patel government from the backseat and even called the "super CM" in party circles. Complaints against Modi were stonewalled by Advani until Vaghela's dramatic "Khajuraho revolt" which led to the fall of the Keshubhai government in 1996.

As his detractors ganged up against him, the BJP top brass decided to send Modi out of Gujarat, to Assam. But Advani intervened and had the destination changed to Punjab-Haryana-Himachal Pradesh.

Keshubhai returned as CM after the 1998 elections but nature conspired against him. Droughts, the Kandla cyclone and Kutch earthquake shook the foundations of his government. When the BJP lost five successive assembly byelections, Advani pitch-forked his shishya to the CM's chair. In October 2001, Modi became the CM for the first time despite only being a strategist until then and never having contested an election.

Could be the huttdharmita displayed by LKA was a result of his own earlier success with this style. Prolly he thought as with NM so would he be successful with Ananth Kumar types. Past performance is not a guarantee for future results.

These guys lost 5 by elections before they got it right. Surprising.

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Postby Chandragupta » 10 Jun 2013 15:11

NaMo has publicly claimed that Advani is his guru. He said this in a programme hosted by Rajat Sharma. He said something like I can't be compared to Advani because he is my guru.

If NaMo is indeed his shishya, then why so much khujli with his ascent? Truly pathetic behavior.

panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Postby panduranghari » 10 Jun 2013 15:11

abhijitm wrote:
shaardula wrote: that columns of hindus and muslims marched through his state and slaughtered one another and all he can do say courts say i did all i can do is unacceptable.

In any indian state if a riot starts then it is like a wildfire. There is absolutely not enough police force, state or central, to control the spread. Best solution is to prevent it from happening. I am a first hand witness of 1992 mumbai riots. Nobody blamed Congress CM for 'not doing enough to stop'. Why single out Modi? If we want to set the trend of making the head of state responsible for every riot then many congress leaders should be axed.

I would go one step ahead and state implicit stand taken by divisive congress party to promote the mutual distrust and hatred among the people of desh to be the main catalyst of the sudden eruption of riot. Shardula is being ingenious when he is trying to portray his ideology is purer than the pure. Come down from the high ivory tower Saar.

Return to “BR Nostalgia Archive”