Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by muraliravi »

Sushupti wrote:बिहार में मोदी बनाना चाहते हैं भाजपा की सरकार

http://visfot.com/index.php/news/specia ... -1306.html
This is how the game needs to be played. Maybe he is talking to Chhedi Paswan. But BJP also needs to hold on to its own MLA's tight enough. Even if he can get 10 MLA's to his side, Niku's game is up.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

So one more enthusiastic deshbhakt has been banned. Now disha et al, I would ask you to moderate your language. Once in a while someone uses adjectives like CON-gis etc. But when your entire posts are laden by so much hatred, you don't really look like someone looking for a better alternative. This thread is really a new low.
Yes, a lot of Indians want change. But is this how you guys want to attract the fence sitters?
I have had people say they'd vote for Rahul Gandhi just because "at least he looks good and educated". For people who want a better India, want to endorse a better alternative, you guys sound way too hate filled.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Have you been to Indian consulate anywhere in US? Go there and ask some desi looking people (and not ABCD) applying for tourist visas to India about how they got US visa. Several of them would have got it on "asylum" category - and technically if they are caught trying to go back to India, they will lose their "asylum" category. Does US publish that number - asylum seekers from India? Same for Aus. or Europe (Norwegian countries). This are the guys who are useful jokers. They came to US to escape crushing poverty and a better standard of life. That is why NaMo is dangerous., that spigot with useful jokers will be easily turned off.
A lot of Americans think that we came here to the US because we are persecuted back in India. I have been asked this so many times and I can tell that people actually are waiting for me to tell them some sad story about how the dreaded caste system was used against me and how things are now great in the US with freedom and liberty. But every time I tell them plainly that I came here because that was the thing to do back then, there was no persecution and if anything, my caste was the one doing the persecuting :twisted: . I came here for an education and to make money, plain and simple. I had all the freedom and liberty back in India.
They don't like to hear this and quickly change the topic. There was a Christian Indian fellow from Mumbai who worked with me and would go on and on about how India sucked, riots, poverty, slums, caste system (he loved this topic). All the goras would crowd around him to listen to the juicy scoop.
Last edited by KJo on 15 Jun 2013 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

I heard once from a motivational speaker that those who want to set an example against hate should do so by presenting themselves in such a manner which they want everyone to emulate. participation is the key though. if that is lacking, it becomes hard to lecture others on hate. it has stuck with me since then. a kind of reminder to me that one must participate first before one can hope to change what one perceives as hate.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

KJoishy wrote:There was a Christian Indian fellow from Mumbai who worked with me and would go on and on about how India sucked, riots, poverty, slums, caste system (he loved this topic). All the goras would crowd around him to listen to the juicy scoop.

enlightened criticism. a legacy of christian progressive reformation.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Kjoishy sahab you may get banned!! India is all what your friend says. Be a Dhimmi and you will be fine. They will make you head of state as well.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

disha wrote:^^ Nobody has taken Dr. Swett to task on what the "grave concerns relating to human rights" are!And Mr. Farr should not be on the chair in first place., having promulgated the strategic nuclear policy of US.
Lantos and Farr both part of establishment. Tom Lantos took lot of money from Desis and then tuned trayor on them when ICUNA was discussed. One IA actually challenged him for Congress seat and now his daughter trying to carry on his anti indian legacy and take revenge .
Last edited by Prem on 14 Jun 2013 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

fanne wrote:Kjoishy sahab you may get banned!! India is all what your friend says. Be a Dhimmi and you will be fine. They will make you head of state as well.
Head Of "Pakistan ? :lol:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks what is the point if using foul language. The forum is not for people to froth.
So dont use foul language.

Kjoishy I have also seen that behavior from locals.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

KJoishy wrote: They don't like to hear this and quickly change the topic. There was a Christian Indian fellow from Mumbai who worked with me and would go on and on about how India sucked, riots, poverty, slums, caste system (he loved this topic). All the goras would crowd around him to listen to the juicy scoop.
india ink innytimes is mainly poverty p0rn and stuff.

How come nyt does not report regular indian news in it?

indian newspapers are full of politics and cricket.

but the indian section of a usa paper is only focusing attention on poverty human rights and justice etc BS?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

archan wrote:So one more enthusiastic deshbhakt has been banned. Now disha et al, I would ask you to moderate your language. Once in a while someone uses adjectives like CON-gis etc. But when your entire posts are laden by so much hatred, you don't really look like someone looking for a better alternative. This thread is really a new low.
Yes, a lot of Indians want change. But is this how you guys want to attract the fence sitters?
I have had people say they'd vote for Rahul Gandhi just because "at least he looks good and educated". For people who want a better India, want to endorse a better alternative, you guys sound way too hate filled.
In real world., I have been called a "sanghi"., "chaddiwalla"., "hindu terrorist" (add to that nazi, fascist, genocidal maniac) when I had not even called congis as CON-gis (and neither am I a sanghi or a chaddiwala). Next time you wonder where this hate comes you know how it happens.

Further for people who have experienced emergency 1977., "Congress mukt Bharat" is a dream. For all the people who say they will vote for Rahul Gandhi., let them feel free so if he "looks good and educated" (wonder why nobody says he is educated and smart or delivers his vision etc!)., they deserve the lost decades.

And sir., why are you assuming I am looking for a "better" alternative? For me any alternative to congress is "better". Period. I would have Mamta or JJ or CBN or Yeddi or Mulayam or Nitish over any chosen Congress psycopant and *better* over congress.

If you are looking for a debate minus the "slur" word., please state that. I will abide by it. But please do not go about beating the bush into "how we can attract fence sitters" and "how others will vote for RG because he is good looking" etc., those may be valid points., but the same people voted in a government after 26/11 or if they did not go and vote at all, then there is no loss.

And sir, for you and the folks you represent who vote for good looking handsome and seemingly educated candidates what do you have to say about the pernicious corruption in India?

And do you know sir, that Modi topped university exam and is also a mountaineer who hiked upto 23,000 ft.

Also sir, for your information., eminent "sauve" personalities like Sagarika Ghose has derided NaMo as a chaiwalla and spread blatant lies - including calling "us" as Modi's gestapo. So having worked as kitchen hand to pay for my college., I do not like "gastapo ghose". If that is a slur word that I should not say so., please list it and I will not repeat it again. Ever. Not on this forum and outside too.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Kjoishy
Accurate description.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

C'mom guys,

Devesh, KJoishy: what you guys are discussing has nothing to do with the this thread. Take your discussion elsewhere will you.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

As the days go by, I am looking forward to more and more US politicans say positive things about NaMo. That is how their minds work. They gravitate towards power, not high sounding ideals or ethics. They are master flip-floppers.They would have tarred NaMo and feathered him if LKA had succeeded in marginalizing him.

Once NaMO is declared the PM candidate, then watch the visa ban magically revoked on some bogus reason which would be more ridiculous as the reason to bar him, a legitimately democratically elected Government official, considering US has invited and feted a terrorist dictator called "Pervez" to the White House lawns.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

disha wrote:For me any alternative to congress is "better". Period.
Doesn't that sum it up nicely. Sad.
Yes, and go easy on the cuss words or you'll have some really unpleasant interactions with me.
Thanks for preaching to the choir. Feel free to find my past and onoing interactions with corruption in nukkad thread. In your zest to put forward your points you missed that I gave an example of how uneducated a vast group of literate Indians are who would vote for a guy simply because he looks young and speaks English. You ended up accusing me of "representing" such people. That one was a tad amusing. But hey, carry on please... without the cuss words, remember!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

:-) I am not going to accuse you of representing a vast group of literate but uneducated Indians. It is upto you to represent them or interact with them to change them. Point is (and was) that there will be always such people who go for dimpled cheeks and rosy lips - particularly in the 24x7 media age. You using them to change the language on the forum is a fallacy which I am not buying.

Ramana makes a better point and I buy that. What is the point at frothing at the mouth? Let us bury the anger and frustration. Deep down. It will be interesting to see how it resurfaces - maybe another Assam?

Congress has been at the head of the polity for several years and their umbrella is shrinking. Their umbrella should have shrunk in 1980s itself., but then that is history.

Why are you sad if *any* alternative to Congress emerges? Is it a political version of "after me, deluge?"
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Talking about ideas, Modi at Goa brought the topic of Pashupati to Tirupati and the Red Corridor. I am biased and focus on Modi's speeches so missed in the last few years about other politician talking about it at a national level. Has any other main stream/national leader talked about 'red corridor' or the Maoists issues snarling that wide geography?

One of the items former Kings or recent politicians missed or kept away from common people was the strategic issues. Truth to be told, the aam admi did not have time for those strategic issues - when his immediate needs were in trouble. I would say more people are aware about what is happening because of the information age. Foreign policies were always hogged by what happened w.r.t Pakistan.

Modi is changing the conversation time and time again. He is effectively highlighting important issues - development, security, national culture, human pride, vision, trust in government itaydi. Who are the other leaders who talk and walk like him?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Having said *any* alternative to Congress is preferable, the *only viable* alternative is NaMo. This I pointed out just after 2007 Guj elections itself, given that it was fought on development plank and the people voted for it.

For India to gain back, "development" is key.
sourab_c
BRFite

Post by sourab_c »

Sushma Swaraj is correct in saying that a strong opposition is required to defeat Congress. She has been in the game long enough to make such a statement. The reason Congress has been able to prevail in this country despite poor governance is due to the lack of a good alternative since independence mainly due to a weak and scattered opposition. I think that if Modi can make that happen (with or without JDU), his path to New Delhi is clear. JD(U) should not hold him back, he should press forward with representing BJP in Bihar and fighting elections on his own merit.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Sushupti wrote:Image
Never leave Wounded Animal or Wounded Enemy behind. Animal
will suffer unnecessary and Enemy will only sharpen the Knife further.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Finally there is someone in BJP with some straight forward language.

BJP cannot run on Nitish's diktats
PATNA: BJP leaders in Bihar are in no mood to accept the "diktats" of CM Nitish Kumar, said Rameshwar Prasad Chaurasia, BJP national secretary and MLA from Nokha in Rohtas district, here on Friday. "Who is Nitish Kumar to suggest who should be our (BJP) leader. Will he accept our suggestion to change the JD-U leadership in Bihar?" he asked.

Speaking at the state BJP headquarters here, he said, "The BJP has appointed Narendra Modi as chairman of the party's election campaign committee and people of India have already made up their mind to make NaMo as the next prime minister. How can the JD (U) force us to change our leader and ignore the sentiments of the people of the country."

Later, Chaurasia, along with BJP national vice-president Dr C P Thakur, left for Chhapra to honour a local youth who has climbed Mount Everest.

He blamed the Bihar chief minister for the present political crisis in NDA and said it was because of his irrelevant and unwarranted statements on the PM-candidate issue which precipitated the crisis in the alliance. Since he (Nitish) has a near majority in the state assembly, he started raising this controversy in the second innings of the NDA government in Bihar.

According to Chaurasia, BJP is the largest partner in NDA alliance and it has the greatest responsibility to secure majority in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. "Only Narendra Modi can help the BJP get at least 225 seats. No other leader in the NDA is charismatic like Modi. BJP needs 130 more seats than it got in 2009 elections. It is possible only under the leadership of Narendra Modi." Pressure is being put on the BJP to change its leader by JD (U). It is not possible since the BJP has the responsibility to defeat the UPA in the Lok Sabha elections. "We are in election mode now and the leader cannot be changed when war has begun. BJP cannot run on the diktats of Nitish Kumar," he added.

Chaurasia reminded the Bihar CM that people of the state had voted in 2005 to get rid of Lalu-Rabri rule as they wanted freedom from anarchy. "It was BJP alone which had started the fight against Lalu-Rabri and Nitish joined the campaign at a later stage. People voted us to power on issues like better law and order, industrialization, better electricity and drinking water facility. They supported us so that we can stop migration from the state and give them employment. But instead of concentrating on development agenda, unwarranted controversy on the PM issue was started," he said.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Muppalla wrote:Finally there is someone in BJP with some straight forward language.

BJP cannot run on Nitish's diktats
PATNA: BJP leaders in Bihar are in no mood to accept the "diktats" of CM Nitish Kumar, said Rameshwar Prasad Chaurasia, BJP national secretary and MLA from Nokha in Rohtas district, here on Friday. "Who is Nitish Kumar to suggest who should be our (BJP) leader. Will he accept our suggestion to change the JD-U leadership in Bihar?" he asked.

Speaking at the state BJP headquarters here, he said, "The BJP has appointed Narendra Modi as chairman of the party's election campaign committee and people of India have already made up their mind to make NaMo as the next prime minister. How can the JD (U) force us to change our leader and ignore the sentiments of the people of the country."

Later, Chaurasia, along with BJP national vice-president Dr C P Thakur, left for Chhapra to honour a local youth who has climbed Mount Everest.

He blamed the Bihar chief minister for the present political crisis in NDA and said it was because of his irrelevant and unwarranted statements on the PM-candidate issue which precipitated the crisis in the alliance. Since he (Nitish) has a near majority in the state assembly, he started raising this controversy in the second innings of the NDA government in Bihar.

According to Chaurasia, BJP is the largest partner in NDA alliance and it has the greatest responsibility to secure majority in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. "Only Narendra Modi can help the BJP get at least 225 seats. No other leader in the NDA is charismatic like Modi. BJP needs 130 more seats than it got in 2009 elections. It is possible only under the leadership of Narendra Modi." Pressure is being put on the BJP to change its leader by JD (U). It is not possible since the BJP has the responsibility to defeat the UPA in the Lok Sabha elections. "We are in election mode now and the leader cannot be changed when war has begun. BJP cannot run on the diktats of Nitish Kumar," he added.

Chaurasia reminded the Bihar CM that people of the state had voted in 2005 to get rid of Lalu-Rabri rule as they wanted freedom from anarchy. "It was BJP alone which had started the fight against Lalu-Rabri and Nitish joined the campaign at a later stage. People voted us to power on issues like better law and order, industrialization, better electricity and drinking water facility. They supported us so that we can stop migration from the state and give them employment. But instead of concentrating on development agenda, unwarranted controversy on the PM issue was started," he said.
D4 ne Nitish ko Chane ke Jhaad par chada diya. Ab aisa girega ki iski ek bhi haddi nahin bachegi.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

sourab_c wrote:Sushma Swaraj is correct in saying that a strong opposition is required to defeat Congress. She has been in the game long enough to make such a statement. The reason Congress has been able to prevail in this country despite poor governance is due to the lack of a good alternative since independence mainly due to a weak and scattered opposition. I think that if Modi can make that happen (with or without JDU), his path to New Delhi is clear. JD(U) should not hold him back, he should press forward with representing BJP in Bihar and fighting elections on his own merit.
She used the word "everything" and i am not in ready to do "everything" which is accepting LoL Purush as PM for 2014.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Archan saar said something about corruption in the nukkad dhaga. I am reproducing the post here., my questions come later:
On corruption. It is pretty bad. I think of it like that. You need to make enough money so that these occasional Rs 500-1000 don't hurt. It is like the little payments you need to do to have a smooth life. Or treat them like traffic tickets in US. You'll get one some time or the other. Set aside a certain amount of money for the govt. other than your taxes.

I was away for a month and our electricity company didn't deliver the bill in time. When I got back home, the electricity was cut. Went to their office, paid the bill, paid additional charges for restoration and all, got it restored.

However, the guy left the neutral wire loose. It kept on sparking and we would wonder why we saw so much fluctuation and frequent MCB trips. One day the electronic meter burned. Went to them again, they said it is burnt, so pay this challan of around Rs 3000. I paid. They said it will be replaced in 2 days.
It has been over 1 month since and we are living with the burned meter, somehow working. I don't even trust the reading since my usage jumped from like 250 units to 581 units in the last month. But I can do nothing. I have a full time job to do. Just going to their office is a waste of time and at least 1L of petrol. I call once in a while, the guy says he will make sure it will be fitted tomorrow and when I say this has been going for a month, he says he cannot hear me, poor connection. He does that every time I call.

I asked other people. They said dude you're in India. Pay them 500 and get it done, or hire an "agent". I complained using their website, sent emails to whatever email address I could find. Today someone from the company called! she took my details and then called again later saying that the office (which is not doing my job without bribe) should call back today. Well let's see if I can get this done without bribe. Had this been an emergency, I would not have had this luxury of fighting the bribe-system. This culture is too deeply inculcated.

The cop who did an address verification demanded 1000 by displaying it on his computer screen. The RTO woman charged 500 more than the legal fee... these are all normal operating expenses in India.
My questions:

Any experiences from Gujarat? Particularly if you do not have contacts? Any body participated in the Guj. government complaint process that goes from local level to state government to CM office?

We had a member from Guj. gakakkad - from Surat I believe. Interested in collecting experiences from local level in Gujarat on the daily grind as above.

Talking about corruption incident., in the it-vity city., my apartment did not have an elevator installed because it did not "pass inspection"., so the doors were boarded up etc. And it was a tragedy waiting to happen. Lot of precautions were taken., but a visitor on one of the floor did not know and fell down. He did not go straight up., suffered for few days and then went up.

The reason I bring it up is I heard NaMo say about "privatization" of elevator inspection and quality assurance. If it has yielded results., would like to hear about it.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

saravana wrote:disha saar, Wow, this is completely new to me! On what basis of persecution did they get asylum status? It will be great if you can explain more here or in a more appropriate thread.
No wonder everyone is petrified of Modi. So much muck and cobwebs due to the Congress rate of growth and governance. And every vested interest is making sure he doesn't get the chair. Maybe I am hoping too much but this election is for the soul and future of India.
Check this rona-dhona out: http://blog.y-axis.com/?p=3498
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Nitish now saying openly that Modi must not be declared PM. He has lost his mind.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

No he want the big chair.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

RoyG wrote:Nitish now saying openly that Modi must not be declared PM. He has lost his mind.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 598685.cms
member_26147
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_26147 »

disha wrote:
saravana wrote:disha saar, Wow, this is completely new to me! On what basis of persecution did they get asylum status? It will be great if you can explain more here or in a more appropriate thread.
No wonder everyone is petrified of Modi. So much muck and cobwebs due to the Congress rate of growth and governance. And every vested interest is making sure he doesn't get the chair. Maybe I am hoping too much but this election is for the soul and future of India.
Check this rona-dhona out: http://blog.y-axis.com/?p=3498
I would take a blog post with a grain of salt. I agree that someone deriding India by taking asylum and spreading false lies shouldn't be allowed in India. However, not all expats went out seeking asylum. I am one of them and I support the un-congressification of India. They have defecated all over the country for the last 60 years, and they need to be erased out of politics. Most recent expats come here so they can have a better opportunity free of corruption to grow their wealth and then migrate back when they are wealthy. This is a win-win for India too.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

I wonder if its Advani who's been propping up Nitish all this while or Nitish who's propped up Advani.

So, Nitish is now upping his demands. The guy needs to be shown his place. Something is certainly not right with him - especially after that very suspicious visit to Pakistan recently (...something that Namo I am sure will play up very effectively after the breakup)

Jagannathan had it right a couple of days back. A breakup with JDU is good for the country. What the country needs is parties who are aligned ideologically - if the ideological match is just not there, there's no use trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

JD(U) in the end will only be a muslim party is my prediction. INC and Laloo will poach the rest and tear him apart.

wearing a proud white karakul cap , Imam Nitish can lead his troops into battle mounted in a imported nooristani black horse.

in 5 yrs we are unlikely to hear of him as a noteable force in the game.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Arjun wrote:I wonder if its Advani who's been propping up Nitish all this while or Nitish who's propped up Advani.

So, Nitish is now upping his demands. The guy needs to be shown his place. Something is certainly not right with him - especially after that very suspicious visit to Pakistan recently (...something that Namo I am sure will play up very effectively after the breakup)

Jagannathan had it right a couple of days back. A breakup with JDU is good for the country. What the country needs is parties who are aligned ideologically - if the ideological match is just not there, there's no use trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
There must be something in waters of pakistan. Loh Purush went there and returned as Zinnah advaani.
Last edited by Sushupti on 15 Jun 2013 06:39, edited 1 time in total.
member_26147
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_26147 »

All this name calling doesn't help the discussion. Nitish is doing this because in his calculation he thinks he would lose Bihar. Apparently everyone thinks the majority can always be taken for a ride and appeasing minorities is their only goal. When the majority swings, it will swing in full force.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Advani says Narendra Modi not automatic choice for PM
Jun 14, 2013, 06.49AM IST TNN

NEW DELHI: BJP leader LK Advani's assertion to Nitish Kumar that there was no unanimity yet in the saffron party on who should be projected as the party's prime ministerial candidate didn't cut ice with the Bihar CM.

Sources also said that Advani reiterated the assurance given by former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari that the party would not take the call on prime ministership without consulting the JD(U) and other NDA partners.

The statement was significant in view of growing signs that Modi's projection as BJP's PM candidate was inevitable, and may strengthen the minority view that the BJP leadership and the RSS may be required to put in more effort to remove the hurdles in Gujarat leader's way. However, it failed to wash with JD(U) leaders who are pretty convinced that Advani and his sympathizers don't have the wherewithal to stop the Sangh Parivar from embracing Modi as their PM candidate.

"They are in a minority and will not be able to stop the RSS and its loyalists in the BJP from going ahead with the plan to go into the 2014 elections with the Hindutva strongman as their spearhead", said a senior JD(U) source, adding that the Bihar CM Nitish did not fight shy of sharing his assessment of BJP's dynamics with Advani.

Significantly, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, while replying to a question, that the BJP never gave any assurance to Nitish that Modi would not be projected as PM candidate.

Accordingly, the JD(U) was going ahead with its plan to withdraw from the NDA. The drill is expected to kick in from Friday evening when Nitish returns to Patna from Katihar after concluding the last phase of his Sewa Yatra. Sharad is also leaving for Patna for a meeting where party MPs and MLAs would complete the formality of announcing the pullout from the NDA. The party authorized Nitish and Sharad to take the decision earlier this year.

BJP is reconciled to JD(U)'s exit and has already started planning for the scenario post-breakup. Former party chief Nitin Gadkari along with Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, picking up from where Advani, party chief Rajnath Singh and Murli Manohar Joshi had left off on Wednesday, did try last-minute "persuasion" with Sharad. However, sources said the exercise was meant more to appear reasonable and display commitment to the 18-year-old partner, and was not derived from any realistic expectation of a turnaround on JD(U)'s part.

In fact, the Bihar unit of the BJP appeared to be concerned about an impression going out about the party bending over backwards to appease JD(U). "What is the point of this when there is no meeting ground," said a source in the state unit.

Even those eager to keep JD(U) in the NDA feel that the Nitish has no legitimate reason to walk out in protest against the decision to give Modi the reins of the 2014 election campaign. "The decision to choose A, B or C to lead a campaign committee for the BJP is with the BJP," said the BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman even though she added: "The alliance with JD(U) is an old one and there is no doubt that it represented people's mandate in Bihar. We would like to honour it as long as we can."

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Advani- ... 583115.cms
I am really glad that BJP has decided to become less strategic which always happened at the cost its self respect and ideology.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Modi to tour country from July
Lalmani Verma : Lucknow | Sat Jun 15 2013, 01:09 hrs

Within a week of his elevation as the head of the BJP’s Lok Sabha election campaign committee, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has planned a tour across the country, which is likely to start in the first week of July, it is learnt. Modi will first visit states where Assembly elections are scheduled later this year. Besides holding public meetings, Modi will hold separate meetings with office-bearers of the party’s state units and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and plan the election campaign for the states.

A senior BJP leader told The Indian Express that Modi will pay special attention to UP where the party was hopeful of polarisation of votes in its favour. “Modi will come to UP some time in August. He will hold major rallies here, as the party sees a potential to increase its Lok Sabha seats here,” he said. The leader said Modi has his sights set on states where there was more potential to raise the party’s vote share.

“There is no point in wasting time in states like Kerala where the party has no base. Modi will focus rather states like UP and Bihar where a strong polarisation of Hindu votes in BJP’s favour can be expected,” said the leader.

http://m.indianexpress.com/news/modi-to ... y/1129267/
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

With the Dal(U) set to part ways, BJP sources say, Advani and his few remaining loyalists might lose their last line of defence against Modi’s ascendancy.

“Advani was betting on Nitish to arrest Modi’s rise on the secular argument and hoping that a consensus would later evolve around him if the alliance was in a position to form the government next yea
r,” the source said.

“He was hoping to buy time and prepare the ground to emerge as a strong alternative to Modi. Nitish was the weapon because our other allies have more or less accepted Modi.”

Advani is believed to have drafted Sushma Swaraj and Ravi Shankar Prasad into the save-the-alliance project. But Sushma, despite her rapport with Nitish, has not spoken to him during the ongoing crisis, sources said.

She today tweeted: “Only a united Opposition can defeat Congress…. Therefore, NDA’s unity is a historical necessity. We must do everything to keep NDA united.”

Prasad, who missed the Goa conclave because of a Track II diplomatic assignment in Sri Lanka, was on TV saying: “Things look grave and uncertain (in Bihar).”

Yashwant Sinha and Jaswant Singh, who usually side with Advani against Modi, have neither been seen nor heard for the past few days.

Pressure, instead, has come from the Bihar BJP to dump the Dal(U). The state unit has grown increasingly impatient with, and now intolerant of, the ally following Nitish’s serial rebuffs to Modi.

Sources said the Bihar BJP had conveyed to the central leaders that the longer the alliance continued, the greater the “damage” to the party. The argument was that the BJP’s core upper-caste voters were angry with Nitish for his constant barbs at Modi.

The state leaders also claimed that Bihar and Odisha could not be compared. The BJP had been routed in Odisha after Naveen Patnaik walked out of the alliance before the 2009 elections.

“Unlike Odisha, we have a robust organisation and a disciplined cadre everywhere in Bihar,” a source said.

The Bihar BJP’s optimism is bolstered by the belief that if Modi’s roots in the extremely backward caste of oil-pressers are highlighted, the party can add “substantially” to its votes. Asked if Delhi shared Patna’s optimism and perceptions, a source replied: “There is no contradiction.”

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130615/j ... 010075.jsp
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Can NK survive if he breaks up with BJP. He can't go with Congress since Bihar has been anti-congress for last 2 decades with no hope of redemption. All he can hope is to break few MLA's and survive next few years but Parliamentary elections is different beast.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

http://m.firstpost.com/politics/pointle ... tml?page=3

What I find difficult to understand is, NiKu's calculations, wrt, the alliance with the bjp.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

RoyG wrote:Nitish now saying openly that Modi must not be declared PM. He has lost his mind.
Fortunate that he is demanding an open assurance. Very likely BJP tall leaders are already giving him private assurances.
Speaking to TOI, Nitish Kumar said: "They (the BJP) will have to address our basic concern immediately and in public. Private assurances will not do."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 598685.cms