Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Pranav
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Pranav »

Hari Seldon wrote: The minority vote is against BJP anyway. No upside to deferring to their hypersensitivities. They anyway vote en bloc (as per reports) to anyone best placed to defeat the local BJP candidate. That part would continue to be true even if the reuters interview had never happened.
That is not true, going by Guj experience. Nor do such statements excite the bulk of the population living in poverty.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Pranav wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote: The minority vote is against BJP anyway. No upside to deferring to their hypersensitivities. They anyway vote en bloc (as per reports) to anyone best placed to defeat the local BJP candidate. That part would continue to be true even if the reuters interview had never happened.
That is not true, going by Guj experience. Nor do such statements excite the bulk of the population living in poverty.
In which he knows what he is doing isnt it ? So why are you getting hassled. I cant think of a better thing in Mumbai, may be a few more of these and RT will REALLY have to reconsider his position.
:lol:
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

RE.
Sushupti wrote:what's "Muslim Nationalism"?
Sushupti wrote:
SaiK wrote:in amrikka, the terms like afrikkhan-amrikkhan means different and amrikkhan-afrikkhan is a reverse definition. the second represents the nationality rather than former word.

similarly, musllim-nationalist makes sense, rather national-muslimist. a nationalist goal is for nationalism rather muslimism.
My question was about his hypocrisy of calling Islamism as Muslim nationalism in Bangladesh.

Howsoever anybody decides to call himself. The point remains whether somebody is focused on the job at hand or is he focused on the narebazi.

Questions are:

Would NaMo have agreed to Nationalist Hindu with the same spirit as Hindu Nationalist?

Would a 'national muslimist'/'muslim nationalist' agree to a rearrangement to a 'muslim nationalist' or a 'national muslimist'? Which way does Islamism lie and which way does nationalism lie?

One great thing that happened to Hindus was that they have to establish working relationship with only the local muslims. OTOH Islamists have to establish working relationships with all the world's muslims. This is where the Hindus can act as catalysts to effect a change.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Maun-ji is as of now *reading* out another speech to so-called 'industry leaders'. What an insult to the people of India ! He can't even compose two independent lines if his sphericals were hanging on fire. Even I am getting embarassed of this charade.

when was the last time he gave an one-to-one interview to the press ? when was the last time he held a press-conference on any relevant topic ? Even suppose he is extremely media-shy, should he then be appointed in such a publicity oriented job as Prime Minister ? Is there no one else ?

This is a way of showing the people of India as irrelevant, and of having totally lost the reigns to their country to some petty manipulators upfront and shady grey characters behind the scenes. What a miserable fate.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

habal wrote:Maun-ji is as of now *reading* out another speech to so-called 'industry leaders'. What an insult to the people of India ! He can't even compose two independent lines if his sphericals were hanging on fire. Even I am getting embarassed of this charade.

when was the last time he gave an one-to-one interview to the press ? when was the last time he held a press-conference on any relevant topic ? Even suppose he is extremely media-shy, should he then be appointed in such a publicity oriented job as Prime Minister ? Is there no one else ?

This is a way of showing the people of India as irrelevant, and of having totally lost the reigns to their country to some petty manipulators upfront and shady grey characters behind the scenes. What a miserable fate.
M-Ji is sarkari babu by DNA. He needs orders or written script to act upon. Anyways what do you expect from a 80 year old man who has no new idea but only greed to hold onto a post that has rubbed all his good name in mud.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Once upon a time NaMo & Rahul Gandhi, who happen to be lost in a desert while on a visit to Saudi Arabia. After days of walking without any water or food, they noticed a Mosque. Rahul Gandhi said: "Yes, thank God! I will walk in saying that my name is Mohammed, and you say that your name is Ahmed, this way we'll get some food! I've fooled many people by this trick earlier. So deal?" NaMo said: "No, I'm sticking with my birth name. I'll be what I'm actually!" They walked into the Mosque and the Sheikh saw them both. The Sheikh asked: "What are your names?" Rahul Gandhi said: "My name is Mohammed." NaMo said: "My name is Narendra Damodardas Modi." Sheikh said: "Guys, please bring up some food and water for Modiji.! And you Mohammed, Ramzaan Mubarak!!! "
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

check rahul gandhi's FB page, no wonder he doesnt want to be PM :rotfl:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

^ good one Krishnan. AoA indeed. Mahindra, Tata and Parekh look deeply pained at having to sit and hear him out :lol:
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Pranav wrote:
When a substantial number of Muslims start thinking of themselves as Hindus by civilization then that statement can be made.

Yeah. Right. Sure. Why not? You are talking as if it is happening. There is no chance in our lifetimes to see 'a substantial number of Muslims start thinking of themselves as Hindus by civilization' unless there is a credible leader who can change the appeasement politics. It may not be Narendra Modi who would do that. But he would perhaps create a spark in the dhimmi mind. When Indics stand up for themselves and unless they do not show self belief, the Abrahamic faiths will always find backers from outside India who will be willing to subjugate the Dharmic.

Are you claiming anything otherwise?
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Pranav wrote:What do folks think of these posters in Mumbai -

Image.
Why is it so difficult for ppl to understand Hindutva, I am always puzzled. The deracination seeps in so deep that one forgets to view world through our lens?

It is most hilarious of Tavleen Singh (although I respect her utmost for her relatively unbiased reportage), who is a Delhi-Billi herself, to say rural voters in Rajasthan do not care for "Hindutva".

What is Hindutva? Is it a martian fairy which only privileged can see? It is obvious for a rural voter - It is political outlook of Hindus. The Graama-vyavastha system of economy which existed for millennia, still exists in villages to much extent. There, Muslims and Christians are in quite a minority and those who are, are completely Hinduized and are not "threatened" by a Ganpati procession outside their house. In fact they participate in all these festivals and village fares with equal earnestness as other Hindu kids do. This is very true in villages in regions like Rajasthan. Things may be different in some Bengali villages on BD border, but by far and wide, Villages "live by Hindutva" as it is.
They need not be reeducated about the way of life they actually abide to. Their needs are different.

So, this coolaid of sekoolarism in disguise is of no use.

As far as this particular poster in Mumbai is concerned, well, what's wrong in it? How do you think Shivsena campaigned when BT was around and kicking musharaffs. There is a very strong Hindutva current in aam janta of MH. The issues of Mumbai, people talk about them quite eagerly. They all know, beyond a point nothing much can be done by a MP or MLA since the bodies like MUTP, MMRDA are independent and directly handled by State and central governments. MPs and MLAs cannot build skywalks, metros etc. Resettling slum-dwellers is a contentious issue. It is not going to happen. Only way it can happen is growth in other parts of country so that the migrants do not come to Mumbai indiscriminately and the city is eased of the pressure it already is in. And this is not RT's line of thought that I am talking. This is genuine reality. Mumbai is overcongested and there is nothing that an MLA can do about it. it has to happen on state and national level. People know it.

This statement will have a huge resonance in most of the Marathi speaking population of Mumbai (which forms 48%). A huge bulk of Non-Marathis will also agree with this statement in the poster. People still remember the developmental work that happened in from 1995 to 1999. People still remember fondly of Gadkari who changed face of Mumbai and Maharashtra in matter of four years. All the flyovers, state-highways etc in MH are built by Gadkari. So BJP is synonymous with development. It is not easy job to hold on to Mumbai Municipal Corporation continuously for more than 20 years.

This additional booster shot is needed. This Adv Ashish Shelar is a good 96-clanner maratha leader who is young and can be potentially groomed. Though he is limited to Mumbai, this can facilitate the rise of other rural 96-clanners which will make inroads in NCP/INC heartland of western MH.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

+1 Atriji....

Time to shed an overly apologetic attitude about religious identity.

Came across some folks on FB who wrote politically correct hosannas by subtly taking digs the "Hindu nationalist" idea and couching it all within a 'secular nationalism' trial balloon..... Such 'status' updates inevitably attract other uber-sekular or confused souls to take a rhyme-chime echo position.

I went and called BS on their posturing. Declared "I'm a Hindu nationalist. Deal with it" sort of statement. The confused ones changed colors immediately almost - as if relieved somebody has come out and said it..."whew" so its safe to follow. The psecs went into overdrive and got the finger. Only.
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

Atriji, please don't forget the Gujarati and Marwari population of Mumbai - 19% of 12.5 million people in greater Mumbai are Gujarati, and a solid vote-bank, be they Hindu or Jain, for Modi.
IMHO, targeting them as well, as quite a few of the banners are in Gujarati-majority areas - Charni Road, Mahalaxmi etc.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

BhairavP wrote:Atriji, please don't forget the Gujarati and Marwari population of Mumbai - 19% of 12.5 million people in greater Mumbai are Gujarati, and a solid vote-bank, be they Hindu or Jain, for Modi.
IMHO, targeting them as well, as quite a few of the banners are in Gujarati-majority areas - Charni Road, Mahalaxmi etc.
Precisely. these guys have voted for SS-BJP consistently for past 20-25 years in local, state and central elections. Together this is a solid 40-50% block of voting population. These boards should be put all over greater MMR area. Thane, navi mumbai, western and central suburbs. It is a matter of utter shame that they lost in Dadar in 2009. I hope they wake up and reclaim what is rightfully theirs.
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

^^

Atriji, appreciate your response in the Indian Interests thread

Thanks
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Lo ji, kar lo baat..... that leaked newsbit that NM was taken aback to see how over-reliant on SS the BJP was in MH seems true only. It seems to have tilted the game.... only.

Uddhav Thackeray says not only Modi but many others in NDA for PM's post
Shiv Sena chief said the alliance will in due time decide on a "credible face" for the 2014 general elections.
Lemme guess, the chap will bat for sushmaji.... yawn. OK. whatever.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I guess this is a pressure tactic for seat sharing. Nothing more.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

My guess is eventually MNS will also join the alliance.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

abhijitm wrote:My guess is eventually MNS will also join the alliance.
UT khujli is mainly for that reason. He wants RT to have as few (read - 0) seats in the alliance as possible. If MNS wins 2 seats, that will be a big event for RT. MNS for all the noise lacks organization due to lack of funds. SS has some organization but no significant leader.

SS-MNS discussion is in this thread because it shows the ill-effects of dynastic politics. A promising leader is without a party (RT) and a party (SS) is without a leader. All because Balasaheb (under pressure of I do not know what compulsions) chose UT - does anyone know about the compulsions?
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

It is quite possible that MNS is secretly backed by Congress to split the right wing vote.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

prahaar wrote:
UT khujli is mainly for that reason. He wants RT to have as few (read - 0) seats in the alliance as possible. If MNS wins 2 seats, that will be a big event for RT. MNS for all the noise lacks organization due to lack of funds. SS has some organization but no significant leader.

SS-MNS discussion is in this thread because it shows the ill-effects of dynastic politics. A promising leader is without a party (RT) and a party (SS) is without a leader. All because Balasaheb (under pressure of I do not know what compulsions) chose UT - does anyone know about the compulsions?
Balasaheb perhaps saw his younger self within Raj. If Raj needs to ascend like BT did he needs to carve his own path. SS, I believe is a spent force. RT would never have started MNS without BT tacit support. JMT.
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

Atriji - they lost Dadar due to MNS cutting into their votes. Nothing more, nothing less. 6 out of 7 seats in MMR, SS/BJP + MNS votes were > Congress votes.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

panduranghari wrote: Balasaheb perhaps saw his younger self within Raj. If Raj needs to ascend like BT did he needs to carve his own path. SS, I believe is a spent force. RT would never have started MNS without BT tacit support. JMT.
I don't believe that saar. I think it is just good old putra-moh.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

CBI Chargesheet on Ishrat Jahan Case

http://www.firstpost.com/india/exclusiv ... 69551.html
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

After BT shiv sena has taken moderate route. BT in his last days tried to lure Sharad Pawar to join alliance. Both know each other well personally and unless there is a hint from Pawar BT wont say that. If I am not wrong even Pramod Mahajan tried the same. I am not predicting NCP joining BJP but there lies a risk of SS joining NCP, NCP and Congress break up and MNS BJP alliance.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Teesta Javed Setalvad : Bilking Churner of Godhra

Time has come to act

Teesta is the name of an Indian river which is called as “lifeline” of Sikkim. The irony is that another Teesta who is quite famous in India has now turned to be a bewildered hobgoblin. Yes, we are referring to “Teesta Setalvad” here.

Teesta Setalvad was born and brought up in an eminent Hindu family of Gujarat. She got married to a Mumbai based muslim journalist, Javed Anand. The couple label themselves as human rights activists and journalists. After the 1992-93 Bombay Riots, the couple quit their jobs and started a magazine named as ‘Communalism Combat’ which was set to target religious intolerance and communal violence. Teesta also runs a Mumbai-based NGO under the banner of “Citizens for Justice & Peace (CJP)”. An NGO is a non-government organization which is legally constituted and is not conventional for profit making. It pursues social reforms and is not suppose to have a political face. Contradictory to this, Teesta’s NGO has always been under the cloud of controversies that also casts the shadows of political wills behind it. One after the another, her attitude of aspersion and calumniation narrated the story of fakeness in her work. The list of allegations arrays her leaning attitude towards Congress and reckless hatred towards Sangh Parivar. It seems as if she is working only to defame Sangh Parivar and Bhartiya Janta Party. Also, the so called intentions of social reforms and elating secularism sound artificial. List of conflicts is too big to summarize here. Still, we will throw some light on them.

# Teesta’s magazine received bulk of funds from Congress, CPI(M) and CPI to target Bhartiya Janata Party and Sangh Parivar before the 1999 Lok Sabha elections. The Congress gyrating magazine raised daily advertisements against Sangh Parivar to sketch a false image. Approximately, 15 million rupees were spent on this insubstantial effort.

# Life of the sophomoric journalist Teesta, took a steep turn after 2002 Gujarat riots. She emerged as a savior of the victims. Trying to establish her image as “Lamb of God”, she marched the witnesses of riots to the Hon’ Supreme Court for justice. She also produced 22 false witnesses who filed the affidavits in various courts. They later on admitted that they were nearly crucified by Teesta to make imaginary stories about riots and to speak against Narendra Modi and his supporters. She even raised the issue to United States Commission for International Religious Freedom. According to her, the Indian Judiciary was incompetent to provide justice to the victims.

# Teesta was not less than a leech for sufferers like Zaheera Sheikh, who was prime witness in Best Bakery Case of 2002 Godhra riots. Zaheera gave false deposition against innocent persons at the direction and advocacy of Teesta in the false hope of financial help to her. She later on turned hostile and narrated the true story in the court. She was punished for her subterfuge attitude towards the court and misleading the case, but no charges were levied against Setalvad.

# In 2005, Teesta ordered her close associate Rias khan and others to exhume the bodies of Gujrat riot victims from graves near Pandarwada without the prior permission from the government. The only motive behind this was to destroy the evidences. FIR was filed against her and others on grounds of fabricating false evidence, tampering with evidence, criminal conspiracy and outraging religious feelings. Things were molded so well that SC later on declared the case as “Mala fide”.

# In September 2011, Rias Khan, an ex-employee of Teesta Setalvad's Citizen for Justice & Peace (CJP) had filed an affidavit with the Chief Justice of Mumbai High Court for the re-trial of Best Bakery case. In his chronicle affidavit he has exposed that how victims were tortured by Teesta and were forced to give false testimonies in the court.

# Gulburg society was attacked by mobs during post-Godhra riots in 2002. Teesta assured the victims financial help along with reconstruction of their houses and converting the society into a museum. Recently, residents of Gulburg society exposed Setalvad on the basis of RTI queries. Twelve people signed a notice that blames Teesta for collecting huge donations in the name of financial help from various national and international institutions. Till date, more than 1.5 crores of Rupees has been collected but she is not willing to allot it to the worthy people. Residents have also requested to ban the interference of NGOs and outsiders in the programs organized to pay homage to the victims.

Acting as pseudo-white-knight of the sufferers, she made them slide in more troubles. She cooked up stories about the riots and catastrophic slaughters. She created temptation of financial help among the victims and made them stand against the government of Gujarat. What was the motive behind this? BJP was in the Government in Gujarat during 2002. Was it all done to tarnish the image of Narendra Modi? She has always worked with a leaning attitude towards congress and even congress maneuvers her noxious work.

Things became crystal clear after the Special Investigation Team (SIT) submitted its report to the Hon’ SC. On scrutinizing the events in detail, the SIT concluded that Setalvad maligned the riot stories. They found that P.C. Pande, the then Police Commissioner of Ahmedabad was helping in hospitalization of the victims instead of helping the mob. SIT also criticized the fraud affidavits, mythical story about the rape of pregnant woman. According to SIT, allegations made by the NGOs were fallacious.

Orphan Zaheera sheikh, another prey of Teesta was punished for entangling the case whereas Teesta is still out of the clutches. Rias Khan, Zaheera and many other allege that Setalvad tortured them and made phony victims march to the courts. But the big question is that why was she doing this? Who all were backing her in these ludicrous doing?

Residents of Gulburg society also demand the justification of the promises that were made to them. According to them NGOs are involved in making money for themselves in the name of providing help to them. She has easily engulfed the money of the impoverished people. It is not only a betrayal of the needy but also a fissure in the trust of those all who have donated the money for the noble cause. What impression does it leave for the future? Our government should take an immediate robust action against this swindler. A wrong message will be sent to her dupers if she will be overlooked again and again.

Teesta is a sea of hypocrisy, treachery and stratagem. In cases like these if the Government is neglecting her despotism then Judiciary should intervene in appropriate manner. She should be charged for misleading the cases and targeting the spotless people as prey. Our incredible government even awarded her with Padma Shri award in 2007. What does our Government want us to learn? To bluff, cheat and spread absurdity? Honor of Padma Shri should be withdrawn from the non-deserving Teesta Setalvad.

Teesta’s act speaks aloud of her translucency with politics. The courage with which she dares to do such acts is the result of either insanity or strong power back up. In her case, the history of her links to the political parties dates back to the era of 90’s. Anyone can easily make a sound judgment about the false post Godhra riot stories and zero involvement of Gujarat’s government in it.

Story of Teesta is not less than a bombshell for the blind trust of the people in our Government. Where Section 66A is charged almost always upon the lackadaisical remarks by the careless netizens, the Government is blindly pardoning her sins.

Time has come to act against this Nazi rule before it annihilates our Nation.

Author : Shweta Puri | Follow the writer twitter.com/drshwetapuri
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Per HT, the seniors are sulking and hence this is not official. May be some news plants and all that which I don't know. TWIW
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^ Seniors are welcome to transform into the Incredible Sulk. However, this was announced in a live press conference 9as per sources). So its pretty much official, I'd say.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Chandragupta wrote:
panduranghari wrote: Balasaheb perhaps saw his younger self within Raj. If Raj needs to ascend like BT did he needs to carve his own path. SS, I believe is a spent force. RT would never have started MNS without BT tacit support. JMT.
I don't believe that saar. I think it is just good old putra-moh.
+1 onlee..

Although some faithful SSainiks see this as a Chankiyan decision of BT. RT was too rash a boy. More often than not, his uncle had to bail him out of trivial disputes. MNSainiks are rogue ABVS goons, where as the trade-union Kamgar Sena walas stayed with SS.

UT is an excellent backroom manager. ONly thing is that he is in a wrong party. He could be another Ahmed Patel type, if he were groomed properly and accordingly. Some people in SS must go away. BT recognized that SS style of politics does not have a longer future. Hence, they say, UT was favored.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Muppalla wrote:
Per HT, the seniors are sulking and hence this is not official. May be some news plants and all that which I don't know. TWIW
Kind of Mini Goa http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130719/j ... 133850.jsp
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

seniors should be given a larger role as within-party CAG members.. just for checks and balances;.. is an excellent way to keep them engaged.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Arun Shourie is no where on the scene yet. Some one still doesn't like him.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Sushupti wrote:Arun Shourie is no where on the scene yet. Some one still doesn't like him.
Same with Jaswant Singh.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Sushupti wrote:Arun Shourie is no where on the scene yet. Some one still doesn't like him.
Have patience. He will come on a different role.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Pranav wrote: Otherwise why exclude anybody by making statements which will in any case not excite the bulk of the poverty stricken population.

For a Mumbai resident, "I will set up an efficient Metro / BRT transport grid with high capacity and low fares" or "I will ensure a clean city with proper footpaths, garbage bins and public toilets" or "I will remove all slums by resettling slum-dwellers in multi-storey apartments" is much more interesting than "I am a Hindu nationalist".
I seriously doubt if that is "that true". Development is just one of the many issues in any Indian elections. And who says Namo will not raise the development issues or rather lack of it.

You are sounding as if being Hindu Nationalist and being a development oriented Leader are mutually exclusive.

As far as polarization of minorities is concerned, can you shed light on how many muslims actually voted for Vajpayee(the moderate leader of BJP) ?
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

One of the ways to cut down a leader, whom you cannot normally touch, is to first cut down his support system, his allies, etc.It was tried against Vajpayee. When they could not get him, they wanted to get Brajesh Mishra out. ABV put his foot down each time.Advice to Modi to cut down his rhetorical style is same strategy. To divorce him from his natural style and make him play in alien land.Modi has reached where he is today playing his natural style & strengths.If he were to change today,at the crunch,it would be disastrous.It is like asking a fast bowler to change his style after he succeeds. Every time this has been done, the bowler has vanished from scene.
https://twitter.com/amishra77
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

BhairavP wrote:they lost Dadar due to MNS cutting into their votes. Nothing more, nothing less. 6 out of 7 seats in MMR, SS/BJP + MNS votes were > Congress votes.
MNS will be an even larger spoiler, and also win some MH LS seats this time round. Their existing legislators have a good reputation for getting work done, and the party has been visibly running ambulance and garbage collection services in pockets.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Boss, Arun Shourie type people can be part of a government in some role. They have no place in election strategy.