Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Pratyush »

Why is SG of IE getting so much attention. He has not credibility, what so ever.

I still remember his performance at one infamous breakfast, and trip to TSP a few days later.

Quite disgraceful. One must say.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

जोश में आए तिवारी, :rotfl:

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/th ... -4/nd3.jpg

कार्यक्रम में शहीदों को देशभक्ति गीत-संगीत, नाटक और नृत्य के जरिये श्रद्धांजलि दी जा रही थी। इसी दौरान एनडी तिवारी भी मंच पर चढ़ गए और 'कदम-कदम बढ़ाए जा खुशी के गीत गाए जा...' देशभक्ति गीत गाने लगे। बुजुर्ग नेता के ऐसा करने पर हॉल में मौजूद लोगों ने खूब तालियां बजाईं। लगता है एनडी तिवारी इससे उत्साहित हो गए और मंच पर थिरकने लगे। अजीबोगरीब स्थिति तब पैदा हो गई जब वह कार्यक्रम का संचालन कर रहीं महिला को पकड़कर जबरन डांस करने लगे। अब तक तालियां बजा रहे दर्शकों ने हूटिंग शुरू कर दी। आयोजकों ने जैसे-तैसे बुजुर्ग नेता को वापस सीट पर बैठाया।

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/lu ... 919621.cms
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

I see there is a retweet of an @Indian_defence tweet in VKS timeline.
Isn't that Indian defense forum a paki owned website? .. Or is the issue over
If not Can some one inform VKS ji that @Indian_defence is the twitter handle of a defence forum run by Paki admin who also owns defense .pk
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

check who all VKS follows :mrgreen:
Bharat Rakshak ‏ @bharatrakshak

Website and Community on Indian Military, Open Source Intelligence & International Military Developments. RTs maybe Endorsements or Counter-Arguments.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

Muppalla wrote:Dear Bengali friends, could some one post the translation of this article. This is Modi's strategy of alliances.

http://www.anandabazar.com/23desh2.html
Basic strategy is to form a national anti-congress alliance. Thinks that Mamta and Biju may not join. In talks with a number of regiona groups across the country who all hates congress.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

Pratyush wrote:On the Subject of Kejeriwal, I am seeing Huge canvas hoarding on various traffic intersection in Delhi. Suggesting who a Delhite wants as the CM.

The interesting thing is that, he constantly is placing the BJP in the 3rd spot i preferences, with himself in the first position. Also, when I say BJP, he is specifically targeting Vijay Goyal.
He will be backed by BJP and will be part of NAA ( national anti-congress alliance ). So it will be a pure BJP govt in Delhi or a NAA govt. Munro is out from Delhi for sure.
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

Malcha Marg? Isn't that in Chanakyapuri? That has bungalows for ~70-80CR!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

yes sir ... lodhi road, aurangzeb road, prithviraj road, tughlaq lane, jor bagh, malcha marg, olaf palme marg..all spit, polish and tight bundobast. other than govt bungalows, only big industrialists & foreign ambassadors have their homes there. it is a dreamy world far removed from our own.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Vamsee wrote:
RamaY wrote: ***

Lot of nationalism is being built thru the T-Agitation on both sides. The new generations are learning the true history of Andhra Pradesh.

Apparently Sri Lanka national flag is given by telugus in history (remember reading about this story in two Telugu historical novels - Yugadi and SriLekha).
RamaY garu,
When you mentioned Srilekha above, I am assuming that you meant Mudigonda Sivaprasad gari novel Sri lekha.
I have been looking for over a decade to own Srilekha & Sravani (by same author). Do you have them or do you know where to get them?

Sorry for OT.
I think so. It is about the equation between cholas, telugus and khara vela etc. it was coming as a serial in some spiritual magazine. Will let you know if I find it.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Japan got bail. Next stage of drama begins in AP.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Sri Lekha is between shatavahanas, kharavela, and Shauna dynasties. Came as serial in Vijaya magazine. Dr M Siva Prasad named novel with his daughter name. U can also read Himabindu by Adavi Bapiraju which is on the winning of Pataliputhra by Andhra Shatavahana kings. Both are great love stories with religon army and politics. Sri Lekha is out of publication. U can try the writer who knives in Hyderabad I hope he is alive.
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

krishnan wrote:check who all VKS follows :mrgreen:
Bharat Rakshak ‏ @bharatrakshak

Website and Community on Indian Military, Open Source Intelligence & International Military Developments. RTs maybe Endorsements or Counter-Arguments.
I guess folks should stop providing free ideas to the politicos huh? :)
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Narayana Rao wrote:Japan got bail. Next stage of drama begins in AP.
Yes, more fireworks. As per latest SC Judgement , if you are in Jail cant file nomination for elections.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Elections are going to be this year itself. Everything is being orchestrated. Chiranjeevi, T declaration, and now Jagan bail. How come Reddy bros are not getting bail while Jagan got it.
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

^^This could be Maino gangs last resort to get Jagan back in UPA or better in CON party?
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sadhu Yadav gets income tax notice

PATNA: Anirudh Prasad alias Sadhu Yadav, RJD chief Lalu Prasad's estranged brother-in-law who met Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad, has been served with an income tax notice of Rs 11.96 lakh.

"The income tax department served me a notice on Saturday evening in a nine-year-old case to pay Rs 11.96 lakh tax," Yadav said.

The matter regarding tax payment was pending with the I-T after he filed an appeal at that time itself, Yadav said, adding, "I have sent an explanation to the I-T office Patna today through my chartered accountant explaining the entire issue."

Yadav alleged that he was being harassed by Congress for meeting Modi on August 16 and said he would approach Patna High Court in case of adverse judgement by the I-T department.

Efforts to contact I-T officials here failed despite a number of attempts.

Yadav was expelled from Congress on August 19 after he failed to reply to a showcause notice served to him by the party. He had caused embarrassment to the Congress by singing paeans about the BJP strongman and making light of the party's vice-president Rahul Gandhi.

Another Congressman Dasai Chaudhary, who had accompanied Yadav, had also been shown the door by the party.

Yadav had unsuccessfully contested on Congress ticket from Bettiah Lok Sabha seat in 2009.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 943899.cms
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

General VK Singh just now opened can of worms on timesnow. Cons asked for it.

"Army has been funding ministers in J&K since independence. "
Last edited by Sushupti on 23 Sep 2013 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^^ Saar pliss to inform some details for those who don't have a live TV like me.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

what a chutiya, arnab is.. general vks should take it steady..
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Muppalla wrote:Elections are going to be this year itself. Everything is being orchestrated. Chiranjeevi, T declaration, and now Jagan bail. How come Reddy bros are not getting bail while Jagan got it.
Judiciary is firmly in Xongi hands its just that they don't tom tom it and just didn't dare use it against Modi ... Never understood this vichitram.

Ref:The leaked mails between medha patkar and her massa handler about management of a supreme court judge onlee.
Last edited by Lilo on 23 Sep 2013 21:17, edited 2 times in total.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Lilo wrote:^^ Saar pliss to inform some details for those who don't have a live TV like me.
http://live.indiatimes.com/
ManjaM
BRFite

Post by ManjaM »

Sushupti wrote:Sadhu Yadav gets income tax notice

Modi ji needs to reach out to assorted babooz of CBI, IT and such sword arms of ruling establishment, with a message of "stand down, writing is on the wall, no more witchhunts or there will be hell to pay for when we are in power".
Modi quickly needs to shore up the flanks and stop harassing raids on potential allies.
Last edited by ManjaM on 23 Sep 2013 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

VKS talks about unaccounted money going and disappearing in J&K since 1947 in form of central grants..
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Atri wrote:VKS talks about unaccounted money going and disappearing in J&K since 1947 in form of central grants..
Since 1947 ?! :eek:
Bofors genie took so much effort and treasure to put back into the bottle.
Now what will the xongis do if the "Jeep scam" surfaces again ? :lol:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

same is the case with all NE hill states. endless txfer of money from delhi into pockets of local elites, whose kids study in delhi, mayo or abroad.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

brihaspati wrote:
Katare wrote:I will anticipate the defender of Maulana's image : he was writing this without believing in what he was writing- for it was all a pretense/deception/rhetoric to convince and woo the "fanatical" muslim away from the idea of Pakistan. To be convincing enough he had to write all this stuff. He himself was a "nationalist" who did not think as he wrote.

Apart from this any other invention of lofty motivations would be of interest and most welcome.

There was no deception and there is nothing wrong in what he wrote. If u can write things frm hindu perspective why u deny others the right to do the same?
Oh I surely have every right to point out that he was not a "nationalist" even in the secular sense - because if the first and major part of that article was about how Partition would be about emulating bad-bad-"Brahminism", and how it would weaken Muslim capacity to retain Islamic distinctiveness and "shape" the whole subcontinent. He is entirely thinking of Islamic interests, and he has no space to think of the "Hindu". By experience, the increasing Islamic influence on the subcontinent means rape and genocide of the non-Muslim on the subcontinent. Since you find it all justified and laudable and nothing wrong - then of course you become a supporter of Islamic genocide. Nothing wrong per se with that - since we are according to your demand in an equal equal world onlee - where Islamism and Hinduism must be equated in their respective agenda.

But that was not the original point of debate. The point was the claim that he "had crossed over". He had not - as is clear from that article. His opposition to Partition was the same as that of the Deoband who agreed with the ML agenda of eventual Islamization of the whole of the subcontinent - but differed from ML onlee in the method, because they thought that the ML method would weaken Muslim power over the non-Muslim. So don't push him as a "nationalist" who "crossed over". His agenda was complete Islamization and therefore by long term implication complete Arabization and de-Hinduization of Bharat. His theology makes genocide a divine injunction and every cruelty and sadism and inhumanity known to man a divine sanction. And you are equating his theology with the "hindu"? Are Muslims in India living under Hindu Raj - as per his shrill complain - as exemplified by state protected/supported rape/abduction/murder/coercion/expulsion by Muslim regions within India on "Hindus"? Whom are you defending? More so - why? Masochism in some Hindus do play a role in trying to do a blanket cover up of images and agenda of the mullah - but what is it that is making you defend the indefensible ?

If you are justifying the Islamic agenda as an equally laudable to the Hindu one - would you care to say which value system you are adopting to equate sex-slavery on captive women as divine practice with another theology that does not do so? In none of its texts? or their interpretations? Do you stop and take to think on what two cultures or theological systems you are equating so desperately just to preserve the false claims by others about a Maulana's image?

There were better Maulana's at that period - who should have crossed your radar - and who had a greater stake to claims of "progressiveness" and post-Islamism than him. But of course they will not be discussed or brought up for whitewashing - because they were not around in the MKG/JLN axis.

You should be little more careful with words like genocide and labeling ppl supporters of genocide, rape and communal violance based on a few lines they wrote in a open forum. What label should be assigned to you, supporter of Hindu genocide? Planning to wipe out minorities of India? Plotting to Turn India into a Hindu theocracy? Manuwadi, anti dalit Brahmanism supporter? Problem with this approach is that it comes back at you and bites right up there where it hurts.
So tone down and have your opinion, state it in civilized manners and leave it at that or be ready to take as good as you give. Followed by admin danda who wont care wheather one is hindu thread derailer or Islamization supporter. Most secular only!

Personally I think you are not for any violence against any community, I used those words to show you the fallacy of you way of assigning these labels to people about whom you have preconceived biases because of your pro-hindu inclination.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

CBN moves closer to Lotus, so Kongis release Gajan. Action-reaction. Rest of the details are all Maya, saar.

Also, get well soon. :)
chaanakya wrote:
Yes, more fireworks. As per latest SC Judgement , if you are in Jail cant file nomination for elections.
With Conviction or even just trial? Then, whats the situation of Kanimozhi, Raja, Kalmadi, ...etc?
Muppalla wrote:Elections are going to be this year itself. Everything is being orchestrated. Chiranjeevi, T declaration, and now Jagan bail. How come Reddy bros are not getting bail while Jagan got it.
As you might know, it seems the Golden Gali arranged for his bail by making some cash arrangement with a judge. But that judge was caught by CBI and made into an example so he did not get a bail after that.

As for elections, I think the dienasty preparing to leave for italia. So, elections will be held as late as possible. Because they may be shutting their shop for that. IM is being reigned in. The files go missing. So on and so forth. But the fly in the ointment may be that the international guys are not ready to accept back these people. Summons to Antonia by Amirkhan court may be an indication that the dienasty are not being allowed to escape out by the international guys. I mean does anyone really believe that the court decided to summon Antonia without the knowledge of Amirkhan sarkaar & Potus? And if they are aware, then why did they let it happen?

I think the Xongis are working for the third front with a kongi backing. That seems to be their last hope. I don't think Xongis are expected to come back to power. Look at all the surveys. They are giving 120 seats to UPA. UPA, not Xongis. If UPA is 120, then what will be the tally of Xongis? Less 100, perhaps even less 75. That means, they are tattering.
Atri wrote:what a chutiya, arnab is.. general vks should take it steady..
Saar,
desh desperately needs people who speak out. So, let the good Gen. speak out from roof tops. This is the most important thing. For far too long, people in the know have kept quiet. And it is this silence by the people that emboldened the scum in the higher echelons of power.
ManjaM wrote:
Sushupti wrote:Sadhu Yadav gets income tax notice

Modi ji needs to reach out to assorted babooz of CBI, IT and such sword arms of ruling establishment, with a message of "stand down, writing is on the wall, no more witchhunts or there will be hell to pay for when we are in power".
Modi quickly needs to shore up the flanks and stop harassing raids on potential allies.
He has already given hints. He had said,"this sarkaar is not going to last forever. So, when they go. Tumhara kya hoga"
Singha wrote:same is the case with all NE hill states. endless txfer of money from delhi into pockets of local elites, whose kids study in delhi, mayo or abroad.
That means, neither the local elites nor the dill billi have any interest in progress of such places. They will continue to perpetrate the backwardness of such regions. So that they can continue this scam, isn't it?
Katare wrote:
You should be little more careful with words like genocide and labeling ppl supporters of genocide, rape and communal violance based on a few lines they wrote in a open forum. What label should be assigned to you, supporter of Hindu genocide? Planning to wipe out minorities of India? Plotting to Turn India into a Hindu theocracy? Manuwadi, anti dalit Brahmanism supporter? Problem with this approach is that it comes back at you and bites right up there where it hurts.
So tone down and have your opinion, state it in civilized manners and leave it at that or be ready to take as good as you give. Followed by admin danda who wont care wheather one is hindu thread derailer or Islamization supporter. Most secular only!

Personally I think you are not for any violence against any community, I used those words to show you the fallacy of you way of assigning these labels to people about whom you have preconceived biases because of your pro-hindu inclination.
Saar,
for a moment, forget Hindhuvaadis. What is your independent assessment of the issue? What do you think was the role of MAKA? What do you think was the role of Khilafath islamists? What do you think is the general role of Mullas? Link to a post That post was made before UP riots. And that was just in Sub-continent. If we take a world-wide toll due to jihadhis in past 3 months, what do you think will be the toll?

The same questions also about EJs. For example, Kudankulam protests. Or Nagaland separatism?

On what basis are you arguing equal equal of these ideologies with Hindhuvaadis?
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

I have already written my assessment of maulana clearly in my first post itself. For the rest of the questions this thread is not appropriate neither are they relevant.
member_27444
BRFite

Post by member_27444 »

Katare Saab used to love taking on Akhand, so we know that he is a staunch ....

:mrgreen:
Last edited by member_27444 on 24 Sep 2013 02:41, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

johneeG wrote:
chaanakya wrote:
With Conviction or even just trial? Then, whats the situation of Kanimozhi, Raja, Kalmadi, ...etc?
Well, it needed clarification, for sure.

* Supreme Court in its judgment dated 10-07-13 upheld the judgment (dated 30-04-2004) of Patna High Court.
* High Court had held that persons in jail or lawful custody of police do not have voting right under Section 62(5) and hence are neither voters nor electors. Consequently, they are not qualified to contest.
* Effect of this judgment is that those in prison or in lawful police custody would not be qualified to contest election.

Basis for judgement
In this Chapter,—
(
b
) “disqualified” means disqualified for being chosen as, and for being, a member of either House of Parliament or of the Legislative Assembly or Legislative Council of a State

(
)* * * * *
(
) No person shall vote at any election if he is confined in a prison, whether under a sentence of imprisonment or transportation or otherwise, or is in the lawful custody of the police:

Provided that nothing in this sub-section shall apply to a person subjected to preventive detention under any law for the time being in force
That was the position till Parliament passed an amendment Representation of the People (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2013 as below
In the Representation of the People Act, 1951 (hereinafter referred to as the principal
Act), in section 7, in clause (
b
), after the words "or Legislative Council of a State", the words "under the provisions of this Chapter, and on no other ground" shall be inserted.
In section 62 of the principal Act, after the proviso to sub-section (
), the following
proviso shall be inserted, namely:—
"Provided further that by reason of the prohibition to vote under this sub-section, a person whose name has been entered in the electoral roll shall not cease to be an elector.
".
The statement and objects and reasons behind the amendment is seen stated in unequivocal terms. It says:

“A Division Bench of the Supreme Court by its order dated the 10th July, 2013, in the case of Chief Election Commissioner vs. Jan Chaukidar and others (Civil AppealNos. 3040-3041 of 2004), has upheld an order of the High Court of Patna declaring that a person who has no right to vote by virtue of sub-section (5) of section 62 of the said Act, is not an elector and is, therefore, not qualified to contest the election to either House of Parliament or the Legislative Assembly of a State.

3. The Government has examined the said order of the Supreme Court and has filed a petition for review of the said order in consultation with the Learned Attorney-General for India. Further, the Government is of the view that without waiting for the outcome of the said review petition, there is a need for suitably addressing the situation arising out of the said order of the Supreme Court. Therefore, it is proposed to amend the said Act.”

The attitude of the government appears aggressive in as much as it did not even want to wait for the outcome of the Review Petition filed in the Supreme Court. Eminent lawyers point out that having subjected to jurisdiction of the Supreme Court, and the apex court agreeing to reconsider its decision, rushing with the amendment is improper.

The task of the government in passing the bill was made easy since it was clearly supported by the Opposition, barring a few members who wanted to have a discussion.

In the light of the Bill now passed by the both the houses of the Parliament, the Review Petition filed by the Government has become infructuous, and the same will be withdrawn.

The Supreme Court had earlier rejected Centre’s review petition seeking the review of its judgment, (Lily Thomas Case), debarring convicted MPs and MLAs, who have been awarded two years or more jail term, from contesting elections, but had agreed to reconsider the decision in Chief Election Commissioner vs. Jan Chaukidar and others (Civil Appeal Nos. 3040-3041 of 2004).
So that is the position as on 6.9.2013. Convicted cant fight elections but arrested in criminal case can.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Dekho bhayee aisan hai na wo bolat rahi "Jake pair na phati biwaee wo kya jane peer parayee" . Basically the good education has luckily given all of us good jobs which pay decent enough for each of us to live in a safer part of a big city or even outside India in the developed world where you will not be at the mercy of someone holding a sword who tends to get pissed at something because someone in masjid told him so, so all this nice talk is just a fake mask, ask yourselves if you would hold these same views if you or someone near to you was affected by any of these riots. Many of those in the crowd who kill people in a religious riot are just common men who have never killed or even maimed another person before that moment.

Basically what I want to say is I am willing to give the said community benefit of doubt however can some knowledgeable guy here on this board name just one riot involving the said community which was not started by them ? Just ONE.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

negi-ji: that does not mean everyone is complicit? That is an extreme position too. A firmer implementation of law and order would solve the problem - as in post 2002 Gujarat- but elsewhere there are other factors involved and no honest application of the law.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^Well when people die around you no one actually thinks, you do what needs to be done. If I were to take your line of argument then how do you explain innocents getting killed during a war ? Riot is a mini war for the locality which has lost it's people. I do not know what exactly is RIGHT or WRONG and I do not think no one actually knows all I am saying is if you are at ground zero you will think and behave differently from what one does when one posts on such matters without being affected by it.

Basically question is very simple if anyone here were in a locality hit by riots and say god forbid your house is burnt down and you loose people what would you do ? Will you join a passing Mob to seek revenge or just wait for things to cool down (whatever that means) ?
Last edited by negi on 24 Sep 2013 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

negi I had responded to your question in the last line. When under attack one will do what one has to but it seemed you were saying 'name just ONE riot not started by a particular community'. Hence the other aspect that it still does not imply that all are complicit.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ Well and my response to that point is that it is moot because there is no method to the madness which is what a riot is. People who go on a rampage obviously don't know exactly who is it that burnt their house but they have a general idea of where they came from so everything on the way is burnt down.

What answer do you expect me to give ? Obviously sitting here I would say yes not everyone is complicit but if I were there I don't know.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

I think I need to stop posting on this topic because it is too dark for my own liking .
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

True. But am confused on what you meant to imply by asking 'name one riot'.
Maybe I missed an earlier discussion sub-thread since i only saw that comment. Maybe not something to discuss here ??
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ I was only saying that there is a common pattern to all the Hindu Muslim riots and there is only one aggressor each and every time. Nothing more nothing less.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Pratyush wrote:See no pain on Modi’s face when he talks about riots: Mahatma’s granddaughter

This is the level of discourse in this country.
Quoting the following from the news item w/o comment.
She, (ed. Mahatma’s granddaughter) however, added that she was not passing a judgement on Mr Modi as she did not know him well.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Ramblings and musings:

1. Modi has also written a book on Gujarat during the Emergency.
2. Modi fought against Emergency and Gandhi dynasty fascism imposed on this country. He went into hiding too to escape persecution.
3. Same fascists that imposed the emergency call Modi fascist and Authoriatiarian.. :D