Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Chandragupta »

niran wrote:in a scathing reply to kapil sibal's challenge to NaMo for a debate Arun jaitley replied
Kapil Sibal is a second class congresi it is between NaMo and Rahul Ghandhi so please.....
this man sibal is the most egoistic person moi have the missfortune to have met, his ego is a million
times larger than his pendulous belly, i tell you the stink of burning flesh moi can smell from here.

meanwhile NaMo is scheduled to travel to six places in Bihar tonite, blessedly he will be coptering to these places
and for a tight slap to sikulars he was supposed to visit the wounded terrorist too, but by a huge coincidence that chappy
died, no,no no insinuation whatsoever, it was a coincidence.
Meet the wounded terrorist? Why on earth would NaMo want to do that? It doesn't make sense to me. :-?
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Kapil Sibal is a second class congresi it is between NaMo and Rahul Ghandhi so please.....
Wow..."second class Congressi". Sweet words.Arun Jaitley exposes the wolf pack ....there always is a first family in a wolf pack and all others forced to tend to the first family. It is an insult to Kapil. AJ should directly ask the first family to come out & challenge Modi.
Inder Sharma
BRFite

Post by Inder Sharma »

PVNR needs to be appropriated by the Right
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

Correct me if I am wrong.

The current congress (1), is it NOT the true inheritor of the INC? Sardar Patel was with INC. Why does the Congress (I) feel entitled to Sardar Patel?
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Sushupti wrote:Image
That is because, you don't target the family members of a politician.
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

If congress alleges that Sardar Patel banned RSS.. then what about Gandhiji saying that the INC should be disbanded eventually.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

On what grounds was the RSS banned by Sardar Patel.

IIRC, the ban was a knee jerk response to the fact that Godse was a member of RSS. The same reason, why Savarker was dragged in to the Murder investigations and trial.

That being the case, if, the RSS was guilty of Gandhi murder by association. Should not that make the Dynasty guilty of all the frauds under the INC rule.

Also, the condition imposed on the RSS for lifting the ban is highly irregular. Why the demand for a written constitution, for the lifting of a ban. In this country there is no restriction on the peaceful association of people. So even when the Supreme Court of the land stated that the RSS was not guilty of the murder. Nor was it associated with it. So why insist on a written constitution as a precondition for lifting of a ban.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Pratyush wrote:
kapilrdave wrote: The pride of being what they are is a very important aspect of any society. This was the greatest service NM has done for GJ IMO. Compare that with UPians and Biharis. They are treated like trash for no fault of theirs. Bangalis are generalized as communists and hypocrites. All because of their short sighted leaders.

NM has done a marvelous job as a GJ CM. Now it's time for him to rise to the national level and tell the story of Bharat to the world to make every Indian proud of being one.
To the point in bold I would say that, people get the governments they deserve. No one forced voters to vote for such leaders. Yet, they were voted in by the population. Gujarati's voted for a lion, and in turn were treated like lions.

By that logic, one can say Modi won and did all the things he did, because Gujarati's wanted it to happen. It is they who made Modi what he is today.

Today, if the nation wishes for Modi to lead. It is because it has seen the experiences of the 6 crore Gujarati's have had of Modi rule.

So ultimately, the Gujarati's deserved a Modi and he did not let them down.
It is easy to blame the people of bihar and UP. But if you see, in last 10 years they have voted in whoever gave them hope, and contrary to popular view, they have raised above their caste line and voted en masse decidingly to a single party. First Maya gave UP hope by social engineering and they voted her with 2/3 majority. After seeing the Maya-jal they saw hope in a young and educated Akki so gave him 2/3 majority. He again failed them. Now they see hope in NM so they will definitely give him huge mendate irrespective of their caste. Same case is in Bihar. They were fed up with Lallu so they voted in BJP+JDU. In Bangal also, they seem to have decided to throw away communists from the root. They chose mamta. The only problem is that the Akki, Nikumma and mamta were as good a leader as they got. So no choice for poor them. I'm very confident that if BJP tries hard in WB then they will do very good there also.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

schowdhuri wrote:
Sushupti wrote:Does BJP need such relics?

Modi should tone down his rhetoric against Pakistan, says Jawant Sing[/b]h

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/431622/mod ... ef_article
Please see the video - the interviewer is cornering Jaswant to get the headlines that you see - even then, Jaswant does not say what the headlines says. He makes generic comments which is conveniently converted into specifics.

The specifics is when he criticizes Rahul, towards the end.
He should have shooed away Choube guy. Why he plays neutral between Modi and Congress? And when i posted it was only 5-7 minutes duration. Now they have put whole interview.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

It seems, most of intellectuals and MSM, one-by-one are showing either defiance or rebellion against Congress.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

jagga wrote:2 officers of Modi's bomb squad killed in road mishap
The deceased personnel, Bhailal (30) and Jairam (30), were in the bomb disposal squad vehicle of the Gujarat Police had taken a halt near Nathgram Ashram on Malkhanpur road under Sirsaganj area, when a speeding truck rammed into their vehicle, Superintendent of Police Rakesh Singh said.
I hope I am wrong, but seems like they have been accidented.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, now I hope NM doesn't root out corruption in his first term. He should do enough corruption to pack the media and babooze mouth from speaking against him. And then he should run through the entire system for a witch hunt and literally take out every single rat of dynasty including the dynasty itself. The news of getting rid of family member and their supporters should go in 6th page in a tiny column only - just like the news of the attack on his rally. The first terms must be dedicated for the pest control only. Then from second terms onwards look for removing corruption. I don't think people will oppose this as long as they see the anti nationals being butchered.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

kapilrdave: BTW Rahulbhai, are you associated with Gujarat Samachar in any way? Just asking out of curiosity as some of their "new items" had surprising level of similarity with your line of posting. No disrespected intended by asking this, but the it striked me the moment I saw the reports and pictures about cow slaughter.

Rahul Mehta : They are NOT news item. They are OFFICIALLY paid advt and the text in the box also clearly says that they are advt, and has my name as publisher. The paid-news people are NOT interesting in Right to Recall , order MP via SMS etc and so I give officially paid advt to publicize RTR etc. I give advt in Gujarat Samachar, Indian Express and sometimes Ahmd Mirror. I gave the ad on how citizens can force MPs to print laws to reduce 10s of problems including cow-slaughter and which laws can reduce 10s of problems including cow slaughter. And three 8-10 days later, on id , some kasai slaughtered cows in open field in broad day light. But it was co-incidence only. No connection.

kapilrdave : No Rahulbhai. I'm not talking about your advertises. I know they are advertises and they are from you. I was talking about their pattern of reporting regarding cow slaughtering and S vs D etc. The content was strikingly similar to your posts. Again, was just asking out of curiosity. No disrespect intended by associating you with paid media.
Whatever I write here, I write same on FB and my youtube video on http://www.youtube.com/RightToRecallGroup . In fact, FB status posts are more "aggressive" as they are NO admins there. But tone is same. And too many Gujarati journalists, particularly Gujarat Samachar journalists read them. I get phone calls etc from them as well, when they want explanation on my posts\video. They are all selective. GujSam takes my anti-NaMo posts and ignores away pro-NaMo posts and so forth.
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 01 Nov 2013 18:07, edited 2 times in total.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

I see. Thanks Rahulbhai. I hope in your interaction with GujSam you tell them what disservice they are doing to the land for the petty gains. Not that they are not aware about it, but still, being called out by an activists, intellectual and politician has a different effect.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

habal wrote:these days, it is common to see 2 BJP reps on the panel and a lone Congress and another secular type viz JD(U), SP, or BSP. This is as clear an indicator as it can get of what the media is thinking.
I knew it, they are reading this dhaaga :-) I have been saying it for a few months now :mrgreen:

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 6#p1511226
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 1#p1487031
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Sushupti wrote:Image
mangeshkars (at least first two generations and Varsha Bhonsale of third generation) have always been very very staunch followers of Savarkar. Usha has recorded so many songs during RJB movement. pandit Deenanath, lata, Asha, Usha, pandit hridaynath, Varsha have time and again stuck their neck out revealing their inclinations. They have recorded and popularized the poems and dramas of Savarkar since 1920s and 30s when he was persona non-grata for Britishers.

it is truly a wonder how Lata and Asha got so big in Hindi film-industry, given their ideological inclinations. Perhaps bollywood was not influenced by Bhai during 1950s and 60s. As RajT truly noted, it was a shock to see Asha participating in Aman ka tamasha - perhaps some quick buck.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

http://www.lensonnews.com/lensonnews/1/ ... rties.html

Time to wipe out the Congress: Opposition parties

Kurukshetra (Haryana), Nov 1 - Leaders of various opposition parties Friday called upon people to wipe out the Congress in the 2014 general elections.

Addressing a public rally here, organised by the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) to observe the 100th birth anniversary of former deputy prime minister Devi Lal, the leaders blamed the Congress for the present mess in the country, especially on corruption, lack of policy and deteriorating law and order.

Those who attended included Punjab Chief Minister and Shiromani Akali Dal patron Parkash Singh Badal, former Assam chief minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and INLD leader Abhay Chautala. Telegu Desam Party leader N. Chandrababu Naidu could not reach but his party leaders were present.

Badal said the Congress was responsible for rampant corruption and lack of development in the country. He urged people to vote out the Congress in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.

Naqvi said the Congress leadership was misleading the country on all fronts. IANS
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

For Narendra Modi's return to Patna, major security upgrade
New Delhi: Narendra Modi has not been given Special Protection Group or SPG cover by the Centre, but the BJP's prime ministerial candidate will now get special security similar to the kind given to the Prime Minister and some other VIPs.

After the serial blasts in Patna last weekend just before Mr Modi's 'Hunkar rally', the Union Home Ministry has decided to provide the Advance Security Liaison (ASL) facility to the Gujarat chief minister.

Under this, a detailed minute-to-minute security cover detail of Mr Modi's visit to any state will be prepared by the local police. The procedure is much the same as followed for those who receive SPG cover like the PM, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul.

The difference is that a detailed written itinerary of the PM is given to all authorities concerned and the SPG sanitises all his venues.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

fanne wrote:http://www.lensonnews.com/lensonnews/1/ ... rties.html

Time to wipe out the Congress: Opposition parties

Kurukshetra (Haryana), Nov 1 - Leaders of various opposition parties Friday called upon people to wipe out the Congress in the 2014 general elections.

Addressing a public rally here, organised by the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) to observe the 100th birth anniversary of former deputy prime minister Devi Lal, the leaders blamed the Congress for the present mess in the country, especially on corruption, lack of policy and deteriorating law and order.

Those who attended included Punjab Chief Minister and Shiromani Akali Dal patron Parkash Singh Badal, former Assam chief minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and INLD leader Abhay Chautala. Telegu Desam Party leader N. Chandrababu Naidu could not reach but his party leaders were present.

Badal said the Congress was responsible for rampant corruption and lack of development in the country. He urged people to vote out the Congress in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.

Naqvi said the Congress leadership was misleading the country on all fronts. IANS
Good Development.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Atri wrote:But the fact is hindus are playing hindutva-chicken, especially the urban middle-class supporters of NM. They say that governance is main issue and they do not care for religious issues at all, but come tuesdays and fridays and exam-result days - these same people are seen lining up outside Siddhivinayaka temple with a prasaad of savva-rupaya. :D
That is not playing chicken, but that is how some or many Hindus see Hinduism and themselves. True, there are chickens, and urban population are more surrounded by several jostling thoughts. Living in cities have its own pros and cons - which is a separate topic.

Hindus, like others, can compartmentalize their superstitions, theism and non-theistic thoughts into several compartments. Call it modernism, post-modernism, or any other favorite label; Hindus can keep to their pet superstitions and beliefs within their household and personal self and give importance to non-religious issues at the society, regional and national level. It is wrong to accuse those Hindus as chickens. It is their ideology and value system at the personal and communal level.

It is quite alright and possible that people are religious/superstitious at a personal level and expect their rulers/leaders to provide solutions to non-religious issues. By your logic, it would mean that a Hindu who wants better governance foremost - which includes a level playing field for all religions / and true secularism, should not worship. It is like expecting Science professors to not believe in gods. I know an IIT professor, who was so deep into horsocopes and could never figure that out. The only explanation is people compartmentalize conflicting thoughts into boxes, and do no let them be bothered by conflicting/hypocrisies.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Btw did someone watch Pune rally. At one point of time Modi says What does Media do? (He was then going to slam Con for not meeting Media), but at that point people very vociferously ridicule the media. I believe Media game is up!! Yeh Public hai yeh sab janti hai!!
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

^^So the mythical "D4" has now expanded to include all Delhi BJP leaders now I see.:roll: Despite all of them speaking out in his support.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Read bottom up. Ideologue is SwapanDas Gupta

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

nachiket wrote:^^So the mythical "D4" has now expanded to include all Delhi BJP leaders now I see.:roll: Despite all of them speaking out in his support.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

I meant all of them supporting Modi in his bid for PM. Anyway, Jaitley's press conference was on Oct 28. The arrested perp hadn't spoken about the assassination thing before that. Jaitley pointed out the horrible behavior of the Bihar Police. And it would have been wrong to speak about the threat to Modi's life so soon after several of the attendees had been killed or wounded.
Last edited by nachiket on 01 Nov 2013 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

I think the article in question :-
Political vs personal
deccanchronicle.com | Nov 1st 2013

Swapan Dasgupta

Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is an experienced and consummate politician with a firm grip on the administration of his economically backward state. As such, his speech to a Janata Dal (United) convention in Rajgir on October 29 was a masterly performance and constitutes the most coherent attack on the prime ministerial candidate of his erstwhile coalition partner, the Bharatiya Janata Party.

Indeed, I would go so far as to suggest that his articulation of his scepticism of Narendra Modi was more effective than anything proffered by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and his colleagues in the Congress party.

However, every political intervention has a context. In the case of the Bihar chief minister, that context was defined by the massive Hunkar rally addressed by Modi in Patna last Sunday.

It was not merely Modi’s combative address and the fact that there were at least five lakh people from all over Bihar, not to mention the countless millions who heard his speech on television, which shaped Kumar’s response. Equally significant was the fact that the rally was conducted in the midst of serial blasts that left six people dead and nearly 100 people injured.

Having been at the rally and having obser­ved the proceedings from a discreet corner of the large podium, I wo­uld suggest that it was nothing short of a miracle that the event did not end in a monumental tragedy where the casualty figures could have been horrific.

In planting 18 or more timer bombs at different parts of the large Gandhi Maidan, the activists of the Indian Mujahideen — the believed perpetrators of the attack — had two principal objectives.

First, they wanted to kill those who were unlucky enough to be situated near the explosion sites. More important, they placed the explosives in such a way as to create panic in the crowd and trigger a stampede that would undoubtedly have taken a larger toll.

In the process, the rally would have had to be terminated abruptly, perhaps even before Modi had the opportunity of speaking to those who had come to cheer him enthusiastically. The aftermath of the chaos could even have led to rioting in the streets of Patna.

It is either fortuitous or even an act of providence that nearly half the low-intensity bombs failed to explode. For example, had the bomb which was placed just outside the “sanitised” D-area exploded, the forward rush of a panic stricken crowd would have endangered the podium and could even have brought it crashing down.

The seriousness of the planned attack cannot be minimised and Kumar is too experienced an administrator not to have realised it. Predictably, fingers were pointed at the state administration for the casualness with which it treated security arrangements for such a huge public meeting.

The Bihar Chief Minister knew that the charges were grave, especially because there were intelligence inputs that suggested the Modi rally could be targeted by subversives who have scant respect for democratic traditions.

Under the circumstances, Kumar did what adroit, if cynical, politicians are prone to doing: diverting attention from his area of vulnerability. At Rajgir, he insisted that no intelligence alerts had been received and that, in any case, he had instructed his administration to make all necessary security arrangements.

Having brushed off the charges levelled against him and his government, he proceeded to couch his opposition to Modi in hyperbolic overstatements. Mo­di, Kumar insisted, was not an ordinary politician: he was a fascist, a follower of Adolf Hitler who was prone to using the methods of Josef Goebbels to mislead people.

Mercifully, India has become accustomed to witnessing political atta­cks being laced with references from inter-war European history. In the mid-1970s, it was the Co­m­munist Party of India, then in alliance with Indira Gandhi thanks to Moscow’s strategic partnership with New Delhi, which routinely labelled Jayapra­kash Narayan a “fascist.”

In the early-1990s that abuse was hurled at L.K. Advani in the wake of the Ayodhya movement. And today, Kumar has deemed it fit to use similar invectives against Modi.

Whether the popular yearning for a strong leader automatically reeks of fascism is a worthy subject of debate. However, whatever may be the Bihar Chief Minister’s understanding of the man on whose account he unilaterally broke his long-standing alliance with the BJP, the fact remains that the Bihar administration had an obligation to ens­ure the safe and peaceful conduct of the Hunkar rally. He claims to have done so but facts suggest otherwise.

The conduct of the sta­te administration is rev­e­aling. First, it put obst­acles in the way of the BJP holding the rally in the whole of the Gandhi Maidan. Secon­dly, it in­v­ited the Presid­e­nt of In­dia to be in Patna on the same day as the Hunk­ar rally, knowing fully well that the President’s security drill would create near-insurmountable obstacles in the path of those wishing to attend the rally.

Thirdly, in an act of astonishing churlishness, the Bihar government let it be kn­o­wn that it neither possessed bulletproof SUVs or jammers for Mo­di’s use. In short, the Bihar government put out a clear message to its officers that Modi being an unwelcome guest, it wasn’t necessary to oblige the BJP.

It was this attitude that led to no more than six constables being deputed for sanitising the Gandhi Maidan on the day prior to the rally, the complete absence of any CCTV cameras at Gandhi Maidan and the absence of any senior police officer at the rally site last Sunday.

The Bihar Police did not have any emergency evacuation plans ready, not even after the bombs had started going off. There was no trained, professional bomb disposal unit present at the venue to even take care of the explosives that had been detected by the crowd.

If my personal respect for Kumar wasn’t so high, I would even have suggested that he wanted the rally to end in chaos. What he probably didn’t calculate was that his antipathy would be picked up by the terrorists to try and turn chaos into disaster.

_ The writer is a senior journalist
The only place in the article where he praises NiKu, he praises him in comparison to RaGa. What is wrong with that ? My only issue with the article is the fact he have called IM terrorists as "activists".
Last edited by anmol on 01 Nov 2013 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Pratyush wrote:
kapilrdave wrote: The pride of being what they are is a very important aspect of any society. This was the greatest service NM has done for GJ IMO. Compare that with UPians and Biharis. They are treated like trash for no fault of theirs. Bangalis are generalized as communists and hypocrites. All because of their short sighted leaders.

NM has done a marvelous job as a GJ CM. Now it's time for him to rise to the national level and tell the story of Bharat to the world to make every Indian proud of being one.
To the point in bold I would say that, people get the governments they deserve. No one forced voters to vote for such leaders. Yet, they were voted in by the population. Gujarati's voted for a lion, and in turn were treated like lions.

By that logic, one can say Modi won and did all the things he did, because Gujarati's wanted it to happen. It is they who made Modi what he is today.

Today, if the nation wishes for Modi to lead. It is because it has seen the experiences of the 6 crore Gujarati's have had of Modi rule.

So ultimately, the Gujarati's deserved a Modi and he did not let them down.
Actually same logic applies to all the wretched Govts in States like UP, HP, UK, Karnataka, Kerala, TamilNadu ( DMK and AIADMK) Maharshtra and Rajashtahn etc. So one can easily tar all these people. But then whole of India selected UPA for full two terms and we see the results today. That means all Indians are like trash as they deserve the govt they voted for.

Bihar , while suffered under Laloo or other inefficient Congi govts, they threw out and voted for NDA which included JDU and BJP. It is a different matter both could not continue together. One can not fault them for the stupidity of either party. They had risen against Emergency when rest of the well deserving indiots coolly accepted IG Emergency. JP was from Bihar. Well they have a history of doing that which other parts of the country later follow, starting from 1857 to Champaran Satyagraha to JP Movement to throwing out Laloo.

And there is no guarantee that rest of the BJP would perform well even if voted in power.It is for NaMo that country would , hopefully , vote for thinking of better change and not for jokers of that patry.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Incidentally , had that type of bomb blast happened elsewhere in the country there would have been stampede and riots. The courage shown by them was rare and reciprocated in equal measures by NaMo. That should be appreciated rather then spouting one's pet peeves and biased generalisations against any state or community
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Modi reaching out to Patna blast victims poses problems for Nitish
Locked inside one of the railway toilets on Sunday morning on platform No. 10 of Patna railway station, Ainul alias Tariq committed one grave mistake. He was a new Indian Mujahideen recruit and his training in binding bombs had been rushed. He connected the wires the wrong way and set the bomb off, severely injuring himself. In an adjacent toilet chamber, Imtiaz Ansari, another IM operative, was doing the same. Unnerved by the blast and the cries of the wounded Ainul, Imitiaz ran for his life, leaving his bag with all the bomb materials behind in the toilet. As he ran, a RPF constable who was altered by the noise of the blast, found Imitiaz’s movements suspicious and ran after him.
Like in Bodh Gaya blasts or the IM kingpin Yasin Bhatkal’s arrest, the Bihar police was in an unusual hurry to have this case transferred to the National Investigative Agency (NIA). The Bihar government’s unease in investigating the case is strange given Chief Minister Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and DGP Abhyanand were already red faced when they were challenged on intelligence input by Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley. Nitish landed in Delhi to personally request to the Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to have notification issued for handing over investigation to the NIA. One explanation, offered by a section of intelligene and security officers in the state, is that the Bihar police is concerned about a potential minority backlash from arresting and detaining suspects.
Now, to add to Nitish’s concerns, Modi is flying to Patna tonight to commiserate with the families of those who died in the blasts. Modi will be flying straight to Patna after finishing his rally in Pune. His overnight stay in Patna will keep him in news in the state and also give a chance to have a small strategy meet with senior party leaders. Incidentally, Modi took the decision to visit the victims in consultation with the Bihar BJP unit around the same time that Nitish had landed in Delhi on Wednesday to address a convention against communalism, an euphemism for the initiation of an anti-Modi front. While the BJP has already made Patna serial blasts a big issue and is targeting Nitish’s ineptness, the JD(U) spokespersons are using all kinds of arguments to suggest that Modi was playing politics with people’s personal tragedies and by visiting Bihar could potentially fan communal tension. On Saturday morning, Modi will start his day at 7 am by visiting 65-year-old Rajnara Singh’s home in Kamarji village in Gaurichack, 70 km away from Patna. Singh was a marginal farmer with two sons in the army and a third working at a petrol pump. On the fateful day, when he was starting for Patna in the morning, his family tried to convince him not to go as he was not in best of health. But a politically conscious Singh wanted to hear Modi in person. The blast killed him even before Modi could begin speaking at Gandhi Maidan. Modi’s next stop is in Nitish’s home turf of Ahiapur Musahri village in Nalanda. 28-year-old Rajesh Kumar who died in the blast had done a ITI course and was in a private job. He was visiting home during the festive season and was a self proclaimed Modi fan. He told his family and friends that Modi’s Patna rally was a must-attend occasion for him. Like Rajesh, Munna Shrivastava was the sole bread winner for his family. His father and mother had died early. He had taken a loan from a bank, bought a Tata Magic and drove it for living. Munna is survived by his wife, a daughter and one younger brother. Likewise Kaimur’s 28-year-old Vikas Kumar Singh, a contractual assistant statistician with Bihar government, is also survived by his wife and a six-year-old daughter, as well as an eight-year-old son. He will visit the homes of Supaul’s Bharat Rajak (59) and Begusarai’s Bindeshwari Chaudhari (55) last. By visiting to homes of these six deceased, Modi will be travelling the the length and breath of Bihar. Though he will not have much time, a Bihar BJP leader told Firstpost that he will try and interact with as many villagers as possible at all these places. In caste conscious Bihar politics, the caste profile of the deceased is also talked about though rather quietly. Of the six dead, three belong to the upper castes, one to the Other Backward Caste, one to the extremely backward caste and one to Mahadalit. Nitish has been banking heavily on support of EBCs and Mahadalits. Call it the politics of concern, but the BJP has kept the pot boiling for Modi’s visit. The state party leaders have attended funerals of the deceased and compensated the families monetarily (Rs five lakhs to each of blast victims family) and promised to influence job prospects to one from each family in private sector organisations, within or outside the state. The state government too had announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs two lakhs to the victims’ kin. The BJP is also carrying out an Asthi Kalash Yatra, which will culminate in Patna on 7 November with their ashes immersed in the Ganga.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

SwamyG wrote:That is not playing chicken, but that is how some or many Hindus see Hinduism and themselves. True, there are chickens, and urban population are more surrounded by several jostling thoughts. Living in cities have its own pros and cons - which is a separate topic.

Hindus, like others, can compartmentalize their superstitions, theism and non-theistic thoughts into several compartments. Call it modernism, post-modernism, or any other favorite label; Hindus can keep to their pet superstitions and beliefs within their household and personal self and give importance to non-religious issues at the society, regional and national level. It is wrong to accuse those Hindus as chickens. It is their ideology and value system at the personal and communal level.

It is quite alright and possible that people are religious/superstitious at a personal level and expect their rulers/leaders to provide solutions to non-religious issues. By your logic, it would mean that a Hindu who wants better governance foremost - which includes a level playing field for all religions / and true secularism, should not worship. It is like expecting Science professors to not believe in gods. I know an IIT professor, who was so deep into horsocopes and could never figure that out. The only explanation is people compartmentalize conflicting thoughts into boxes, and do no let them be bothered by conflicting/hypocrisies.
True.. very true.. but point is, aisa chalta nahi na.. What is there in India which is not "Hindu"? Nothing.. Then why shy away from stating the obvious?

This is exactly what people like Rajiv Malhotra are busting their heads about. Hindus have to understand that the ideologies they are on competition with to control the land of India and civilization of Hindus do not believe in such compartmentalization. When voting as a caste, Hindus have no problem what so ever in being openly expressive about their identity and vote en block. Caste, like religion, is also a small compartment of Human existence. Then what's wrong with voting on religious lines. Same Hindus whine and rant about weak response of Indian government to corruption, to Pakistan, to terrorism etc. But same public cannot (or does not for whatever reasons) elect a strong government which will tackle these issues in a way they would like. Because the current system is such that it is not sufficient to be a single largest party in parliament, majority is must. There are various means of achieving this majority - Either by engineering a coalition of minority identities (based on non-Hindu religions and some Hindu castes) or by engineering a consolidated Hindu vote-bank. Consolidation of Hindu-Vote bank is not possible due to the Hinduta-chicken which Indians are playing since past 60 years what I spoke of.

The reference of my statement was towards the reformist streak of Savarkar's Hindutva. That man was a genuine social reformer and through his personal example bitterly criticized many harmful OR outdated customs of Hindu society. When such person speaks that governance should be the prime-dharma of any government, it becomes believable. This is not so in our society, which so eloquently described in your post. In fact, I completely agree with you on this. I only talk of lack of operational readiness of cadres and Hindu voters in general which support NM for his good-governance talk. This operational readiness isn't there, or is still in its infancy.

A genuinely modern Hindutva consolidation which I would like is Hindus coming together en block to establish Dharma first in country and then in world. This ethereal ideal of "Krinvanto Vishwam Aryam" with our Adhyatma as strong foundation stone, is what I dream of. In such world, all Hindus motivated by the drive to establish Dharma will join voluntarily and vote accordingly and the government too will be neutral towards all moksha-schools of all flavor and will strictly adhere to its raaj-dharma.

This Satyayuga OR Ramrajya is quite a few steps away. The immediate concern is to unite as many people as possible who are at least not ashamed of their Hinduness (or who wish to keep their Hinduness strictly personal) and can rally together politically. Then the concern is to widen this umbrella so that more and more Hindus come in this umbrella. The immediate concern is being checked by the hindutva-chicken phenomenon of current Hindus.

as Bhagwat said in one of his speeches, the condition is somewhat like this song - :rotfl: :rotfl:

rough translation of opening lines -
Hero asks," Has spring arrived in gardens"
heroine responds,"yes"..
"Have flowers started smiling in happiness"
"yes"
"Do you love me?"
"no no no no no"
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

krishnan wrote:they are going lower and lower , dunno where this is all going to end up with
please help them keep going lower and lower, and finally reach the surface where no evil returns back.

imho, the only way hindus will unit is by joint-communal protocol! :D
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

:D
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

I suppose that is a sarcastic remark from Kamaal Khan, right?
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Muslims really seem to be browning their shalwaars about the possibility of Modi becoming PM. I guess they realize that their holy cow status will be over.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Last edited by Sushupti on 01 Nov 2013 20:51, edited 1 time in total.