Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by RoyG »

haha, I love the statue of unity idea. It's like a one finger salute to all the anti-nationals. Very powerful message.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

dhruM: These sort of researches are what Modi has been highlighting in several speeches. Modi points at the disconnect between University research and framing policies.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Arjun, I suggest you read the good posts thread and find sanjyakumar's post on how to argue. Calling people loony at the outset is unhelpful and wont win anyone over.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

ramana wrote:Arjun, I suggest you read the good posts thread and find sanjyakumar's post on how to argue. Calling people loony at the outset is unhelpful and wont win anyone over.
Well, if you think I want to win Digvijay Singh and his ilk over you think wrong, Ramana. This is not a phrase aimed at the fence-sitter by any means !
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

disha wrote:

Exactly opposite for me. I am very glad that for whatever reasons this was televised. I could see the connection. Modi *IS* god for that lady now!! And others see it too.

Very powerful, almost brought tears to my eyes. Particularly, when the lady said something about "dhokla(?)" ... it is way different than NDTV type of coverage, where soldiers wives are wailing and then there is side/snide discussion about Hindu practices regarding treatment of treating widows.

PS: what is this Gujju penchant about bringing dhoklas even during a condolonce meeting!!! :eek: No doubt there is so much maal-nutrition - dhoklas ar not necessarily nutritious for body (for mind, it is soul-food)
It was quite spontaneous when she started talking in Gujarati . As long long as NaMo was speaking Hindi , it was formal but when he replied in Gujarati, I felt he was retuning genuine warmth and concern. She told that he is bapu after Jalaram Bapa and he would/should take care of her daughter. When asked about age of daughter, she told her age is two and half years. NaMo assured to take care. Also informed why he could not land. She told him that when he visit next time she would give Dhokala and Thepla to him. Her naihar( nother's place) is in Dhanbad. ( I presume her husband would have worked in Gujarat and she would have stayed with him).

I was touched. Congis/NiKu would never understand what hit them.

P.S.: It was not as if Dhokala was inserted into a Condolence meeting.

And btw , it is quite nutritious. Provides lot of protein and enzymes as it is made of Gram flour and yogurt and fermented.

Gujarat has earned so much goodwill in Bihar due to providing jobs to families that it speaks a lot about NiKu. I knew abt this but today I understood the depth of it. hats off to NaMo.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Lol massa research. Wonder how massa was made: slave wars, native genocides, UK vs French winner, 'afrikan-' american rights movement, etcetera etcetera.

On the other hand massa research don't tend to research how NAC of Sonya/leftists fame is unable to advise as per Iron man secularism. The silence of the massa research about it is an American miracle only.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

More khujli.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 45612.aspx
Noted sociologist Andre Beteille said Modi lacks the qualities of leaders he wants to emulate. "The comparison of Modi with Sardar Patel is false and misleading. Patel was mentioned as the original Lauh Purush (Iron Man) but he was a very well-read and soft-spoken man. I don't find these qualities in Modi," he said.
:D

Now why do we in India so glamorize being "soft spoken"?
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Atri wrote: :D are you talking of jivapura Juhapura area?

Remembered Jan' 1993 when "saaheb" rode standing in an open gypsy through Behrampada in Bandra with an unsheathed sword in his hand. Anand Dighe did the same in kalva-mumbra region.
No Atri ji. The yatra doesn't pass through that area. But yes he had visited Juhapura (which is still a mini pakistan) also after riots.

BTW Atri ji, you reffered to Bhagavt ji's speech regarding "bago me bahar hai" song in response to SwamyG. That speech was given in Bhartiya Vichar Manch summit this year. Were you present there? Don't tell me you were one of the speakers.
Narayana Rao wrote:Surprised that the lady could speak in Gujarati.
That lady was definately gujju but likely a long time migrant to Bihar. She was from Saurastra region. Told NM that he is her god after Jalaram Bapa, a saint of Saurashtra similar to Sai Baba.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Now why do we in India so glamorize being "soft spoken"?
Actually NM is humble and soft spoken in his own way. And as for being 'well read', reading Dickens and Shakespeare or a 4 voulume treatise on History by a Western Author or Romila Thapar is not being 'Well Read'. I would say it is being brain washed. Modi is very well read, he has read the works of Vivekanand, Ramakrishna, the entire Upanishads and much more. He has practically achieved and experienced on the ground more things than most authors have ever themselves achieved. Most well read people can learn from NM than vice versa.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

^^ He himself is a great author.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I am thinking statue of unities can be created in every state in desh.. have a toursim model to build them, and to connect them. this by itself will enable the villages, countrymen and their business to flourish.

Also, slowly linke these infrastructure to a more concrete enabler - ie, interconnectivity between all archaic tourism sites, with high speed rail/road ways. if we make 1 billion tourist within ourselves, we don't need any country to help us .. self sustaining model to flourish. tourism can be backbone, while the rest builds on top of that.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

I think one statue of unity is sufficient. If you have too many it will take away the mystique. Any iron tools coming from Kashmir? This will seal the deal.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

While Modi goes all out building a Statue of Unity, Congressi's build a Statue Temple for Sonia JI:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/131030/n ... and-others
the Karimnagar district Congress committee leaders have constructed a make-shift temple to Sonia Gandhi hailing her as Telangana Devatha (Goddess of Telangana) State, in Karimnagar on Sunday.
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 279516.ece
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

The lift idea could be till shoulders of statue - meaning countrymen standing on shoulder of freedom fighters. Giant trees growing around the statue would be great too, adding to flora and birds around the area.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

kapilrdave wrote:BTW Atri ji, you reffered to Bhagavt ji's speech regarding "bago me bahar hai" song in response to SwamyG. That speech was given in Bhartiya Vichar Manch summit this year. Were you present there? Don't tell me you were one of the speakers.
He spoke of this song many years ago. I heard this example many years ago, just before he became sarsanghchalak, on a local occasion where he came as chief speaker. Audience cracked and were laughing for minutes. :D He also later spoke this one in Amdavad symposium 2-3 years ago. I do not know about the summit you said this year. Then in my knowledge, he has given this example thrice..
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

The "temple to Sonia" would be a great rejoinder to firangis who enquire to ask - "whyfor you Indus waste time building world's tallest statue?"

Rejoinder: whyfor the ruling dispensation building temples to itself? Whyfor this self-glorification? Modi only build giant statue for neglected giant from past, no?
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Didn't SoniaG fight in the Parliament for lifting ban on IM? She is no way worth emulating for peace.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^what! did they served veg pizza and bread sticks in the temple?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

man, there is something seriously wrong in our collective psyche that we have such sycophants who debase their heritage for personal gain, eg temples for SG etc.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

RoyG wrote:I think one statue of unity is sufficient. If you have too many it will take away the mystique. Any iron tools coming from Kashmir? This will seal the deal.
call it whatever.. have one statue of unity, and rest as uniting. i was not pointing at how to enable tourism.. remember that is going to be modi's backbone magic
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

"Jo sukh-Dukh mein aap ke saath khada ho wahi asli neta kaha jata hai"

harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Narendra Modi is not the only one to labour under the delusion that Chandragupta Maurya and Chandragupta I are the same person, not two rulers separated by over six centuries. A prime ministerial candidate should have a better knowledge of the history of the country he one day wants to run. But the average Indian should also be held to a higher standard than the norm.

Part of the blame goes to an education system that prizes mathematics and science over history and geography, leading to a general disdain for both. Moreover, the study of history itself is constrained by the fluctuations caused by ideological battles in which today’s heroes become tomorrow’s demons. And the guru-shishya paramparadoes not encourage dissent
http://blogs.economictimes.indiatimes.c ... ry-deficit

Completely misquotes him and then starts to semonize. Plain rubbish! These are the low analytical standards one has to deal with these journalist types. Surprised no comments!
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

BJP Bihar ‏@Bihar_BJP 5h
#PatnaBlasts accused Tabish exchanged SMSes with son of Bihar Govt official just before the blasts. Still JDU claims it was an outsider act?

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/patn ... 21388.html

Patna serial blasts: Bihar government officer's son detained for providing shelter to IM terrorist Tabish
In a major breakthrough in Patna serial blasts, the National Investigation Agency has detained Saddam Hussain, son of Bihar government employee, for his alleged link with IM terrorist.

Six persons were killed in multiple explosions on October 27 during Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's Hunkar rally. This was his first major political show in rival Nitish Kumar's home turf after parting of ways of JD(U) and BJP on June 16 last.

Sources reveal that the NIA is grilling Saddam Hussain and his father who works with the Bihar government for supporting IM terrorist Tabish who is linked with the Patna blasts.

It is said that Saddam provided shelter to alleged terrorist Tabish when he came to Patna in the first week of October for doing reccee of Gandhi Maidan.

Saddam is friend of Tabish who had been arrested by the NIA from Samastipur. Tabish stayed in a lodge with Waqas and Tehseen in Sabji Baagh, Patna on October 6 and 7.

On October 8, 9 and 10 Tabish stayed at Saddam's place and Tehseen also came there.

Sources also reveal that there were SMSes exchanged between one of the bombers and the son.

The father and the son will be questioned on how they came in contact with suspected IM terrorists.

Last edited by vivek.rao on 03 Nov 2013 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

And this guy complains about MNS and Raj Thackrey.
Kumar sought to make light of the challenge from Modi. "People have purchased brooms in large quantity to clean the muck coming from outside as well inside the state," he said to cheer up his men.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 46735.aspx
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Really these guys have no shame. Apne Maa Baap ko bech ke kh jaaye
Rahul Gandhi’s worst enemy is Rahul himself
Karan Thapar, Hindustan Times

No doubt Rahul is right when he accuses the BJP and Modi of seeking political gain from communal violence but he forgets that in 1984 his father’s behaviour was no different. In the elections that followed Congress advertisements asked ‘Do you want the border to move to your doorstep?’ and ‘Are you scared of the taxi driver at night?’, a thinly-disguised allusion to the Sikhs. HKL Bhagat served in Rajiv Gandhi’s Cabinet despite concerns about his role in the killings. And Rajiv himself was the author of that chilling explanation ‘When a big tree falls ...’.

Politicians need to be circumspect. They need to be careful with their references. Their analogies need to be well-considered. Rahul, instead, raises questions, if not doubts, about himself. It first happened at his press conference which provoked damaging questions about his judgement. Since then it has recurred frequently. Is that not being your own worst enemy?

Consequently, the image he has created is not comforting. Often unshaven, his sleeves roughly rolled-up, his manner hectoring, he comes across as an angry middle-aged man, not the reassuring politician one hopes could lead the country out of its present crisis.

Pertie is right when he suggests this is of Rahul’s doing. He can change it whenever he wants :rotfl: . But will he?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/comment/k ... 46737.aspx
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Everything has 70s touch. Even this media psy op for Sonia by Ahmad patel. Meanwhile, what caused that knife mark on her forehead?. Did she ever intervene in the duel between Madhavrao Sindhia and Rajiv Gandhi?.
Rahul's polarising speeches not going down well with Sonia

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/s ... 131029.htm
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

"Asked whether Lata can claim to speak for “everybody” in the country, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt later said: “"Lata Mangeshkar is an extremely respected member of the film fraternity. This is a democratic country where everybody can have their own political views. When she said ‘everybody’, I think she meant it metaphorically, perhaps meaning people who thought like her.”"

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1131102/j ... 523012.jsp
people with communal mindset?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Actually some people can infer Modi has divine dispensation that he was missed by those 18 bomb devices. Folks should twitter this aspect and watch the fun.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

ramana wrote:Actually some people can infer Modi has divine dispensation that he was missed by those 18 bomb devices. Folks should twitter this aspect and watch the fun.
Whoa.. then next we'll have St.Antony or Sibal or Doggy Raja challenging namo to perform miracles (walking on water will be preferable...) to "prove" his divinity....
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 148964.cms Indians booed at global meet for ‘genocide of TB patients’
Opportunity for Modi, to take this! and bang on!
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

NaMo was given a lemon but seems he has again turned it into a lemonade.

lemon = bombs.

Kudos to NaMo and his team and the people of Bihar to rise to the occasion.

Though it looks bad the comparison with people dying and he himself lost his life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
really distressing that a CM and a potentail PM did not recieve any condolneces or phone calls or something like that from termite queen or its brood.
what about upa govt, the less said the better.

NaMo had wished speedy recovery and ithyadi etc as a courtsey for any sick politican including termite queen.

The low lives of sickular politicians must be brought to rot in jails for life.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Narendra Modi in tears after Patna visit

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 149670.cms
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 147758.cms
Wary of rout, Cong seeks ban on ‘biased’ poll surveys
shame on k-angrez! these phuckers must be sent to jail soon for looting the country!.. and now taking undemocratic measures.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
nageshks : Taken a look at the demographics of India (in general) and Kerala in particular? What was the religious profile of Kerala in 1870 and what was the profile in 1950? When did most people in Kerala convert to Christianity? When did Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Mizoram convert to Christianity? If anything, the period between 1870 and 1940 was the time when the British, in conjunction with their business, made the most conversions. The way they tried converting people on plantations is something that you really need to look up, before dissociating the British commercial interests with Christianity propagators.
After 1860s, British confined to tribals (poor, illiterate, unconnected) and Kerala (Kerala had a base before British came). They stopped use of force. They completely stopped forcing christianity on soldiers after 1860s by putting cow\pig tallow in bullets and other means. Compare what British did between 1860 to 1940 with what Portugese did in Goa and rest of the world. Or what Spanish did in whole world.
The tactics of the British had *always* been far softer and far gentler when it came to conversion of the infidels when compared to the tactics of the Spaniards or the Portuguese. The British were always interested in more and more profits (something that the Dutch also did). However, their tactics of trying to convert the Hindus was never ever in any doubt and in fact, after 1860, the government, the mercantile interests, and the missionaries were far more aligned than at any other time. Your theory that the British MNCs and the missionaries were not aligned falls flat on its face. Can you provide any evidence that the British missionaries disagreed with what their merchants were doing?
nageshks : Also, if the MNC owners put business ahead of religion even then, as per your own assessment, why do you fear the MNCs now? Will they put religion ahead of business today? .... So, if serious backlashes were feared when the British were ruling, why don't they fear serious backlashes against their businesses today? And damage unloyal setup?
British were less worried about uprising , but more worried about help rebellions would get from Russians, French, Germans etc. The locals had no good weapon manufacturing technology and so they would never last no matter what their numbers are. But if locals started getting weapons from Russians, French, Germans, Italians etc then British would lose. Back in 1860s, there was real possibility that if British decide to loot and convert Indians severely, then Russians, French, Germans etc. would jump and give weapons and create rebellion. Now all Western countries are united when it comes to looting. eg when USA looted Iraq, they gave some 30% to UK, France, Germany, Italy etc , and so none helped Iraq.
Who were the British worried about between 1860 and 1900? In the First War of Indian independence, France, Netherlands, and Prussia offered help to the British in slaughtering the Indians (it is another matter that the British did not accept). All interests in Europe were intent on keeping India crushed. In fact, in the aftermath of the collapse of the First War of Independence, there were more calls from Prussia, and France to commit genocide in India. If the British had decided to forcibly convert Indians, they would have found a lot of support among the other Europeans.

France had stopped being a threat to Britain in India after the collapse of the Franco-Russian alliance in 1801 (funnily enough, there was a plan for a joint Franco Russian invasion of India, with the Russian force headed by the Don Cossack hetman, Orlov, and the French providing Naval support. In fact, the Russian force even started and got as far as Astrakhan, when Tsar Paul was assassinated, and they were recalled) Russia, after the defeat in the Crimean war, stopped being a threat (they realised that they would be boxed in if they tried to expand, and in any case, they were more interested in British support for their conquests against the Ottomans. There was no Germany until 1870, and the German fleet between 1870 and 1890 was so laughably small, that there was never any hope of any significant help for Indians from anyone.

Germany was a threat to Britain between 1900 and 1918, but even the Germans had no interest in helping India any, or destroying British control in India (at least, not until 1914).

So - can you please tell us who would have helped Indians and how?
Also, this time, Missionaries will NOT use any force to convert. MNC-owners will bribe education ministers to ruin govt schools. That will force poor to send kids to Missionary schools. MNC-owners will push of policies that will make medicine prices will go 5 times. This will make poor run to Missionary hospitals. And MNC-owners will bribe Ministers to hand over all temple wealth to Missionaries. QED. No force.
This is so disgustingly contemptuous of Indians that it shocks me that any Indian can harbour such disdain for his compatriots. Why have your MNCs not already done it if it is so easy? And if they cannot do it under Manmohan Singh, why would they be able to do it under Modi? Finally, if every minister has already been bought and paid for, then India is doomed, Modi or no Modi

I have never said or even remotely implied that NaMo is MNC-bhagat or will "frovel at MNC-owners' feet". What I said is that now he is cornered and fully hijacked by MNC-owners and so NaMo has now has no option but to do what MNC-owners ask him to do.

Let me elaborate. Politics is a cross of chess and game go, with some cruel variations. In one variation of game go, when a black stone is all surrounded by white stones, black stone become white stone !! IOW, in politics, when a person is too dependent on adversary, or too many of his men depend on adversary, then he becomes adversary himself. And if not, then like chess, he may get eliminated or replaced. The recent bomb blast could have been engineered by CIA via ISI just as CIA had deputed Headley to assist ISI engineer 26-nov-2009 attack on Mumbai. And lets say it was NOT CIA. But even via paid-media like paid-ToI and scored of TV-channels, MNC-owners have sufficient leverage over NaMo. So this will eventually make NaMo an unwilling hostage doing what they want.

In the first 10 years, MNC-owners will NOT push Missionaries much. They will focus on breaking maths\science education in India, make Indian weapon manufacturing whole FDI based , take over all mineral mines and crude oil wells etc. After that, when all bases are broken and no possibility of fighting back and escape, they will unleash Missionaries en-masse.
Conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory, with not an ounce of any evidence. Let me ask you one simple counter question. Why has POSCO still not got clearance, if MNCs are so powerful? Surely, they should be able to brush aside a bunch of tribals?
Rahul Mehta
Many believed till 2-oct that RSS\NaMo will never dump Tridevalaya issue. And even when Sb4D statement came, and I told them, that the only reason behind making Sb4D statement is to dumpt Tridevalaya, they did NOT believe me, till Amit Shah himself made it clear in TV-interview that Tridevalaya issue will not there at all. And I never said that that "NaMo will convert all Hindus to Christians". What I am saying is that NaMo will end up making India dependent on FDI = MNC-owners, and that will lead to wholesale Christianization after 10-20 years.
So - what is your solution? Send more SMS? Make Rahul Mehta the prime minister?
nageshks : Final war against Americans!!!! Well, you can leave me out of your war.
It is not my war. And when war choses you, you may not unchose war. Death, taxes and wars always come. If you think that USA will stop devoring countries after it has broken China, you will be very surprised. Because the day USA manages to break China, next day it will break India. And at that time, if all our weapon factories are running on FDI, then none of their weapons will work. Now USA may win that war without firing a gunshot, just as USA won Kargil war without firing a bullet from US guns. (Yes, Kargil war was unleashed by USA on India with Pakistan as proxy to teach ABV a lesson for doing Pokharan-2 against orders of USA). But war with USA will surely come.
Are you part of GlobalResearch?
Last edited by Shanmukh on 03 Nov 2013 20:24, edited 2 times in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Agenda of the Next Gov!

brilliance increases as the video reaches end
Last edited by SaiK on 03 Nov 2013 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

Never thought I'd have to say this in this context, but geeth,shall we construe it as a personal attack?

Not at all! For sake of clarity, let me stress the context was the foot-in-mouth statements of RahulG, which kicks up enough controversy and push the issue in question back and nobody notices what his point is.. Same way, People are saying what SwamyG should not have said, instead of looking at what he said or meant (so, the less they talk, the better)..

Ofcourse, for many, the very mention of RahulG's name in the same sentence as theirs is considered as an insult. In that sense, I may have committed an offence.
Last edited by geeth on 03 Nov 2013 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

nageshks wrote: The tactics of the British had *always* been far softer and far gentler when it came to conversion of the infidels when compared to the tactics of the Spaniards or the Portuguese. The British were always interested in more and more profits (something that the Dutch also did).
Profits plus genocide. The Bengal Famine of 18th century and the Irish famines of roughly same time frame are typical of measures used by UK-based oligarchy. Christianity is on the agenda primarily as a political tool, both in UK and elsewhere. Whereas the bloodthirsty Portuguese were mostly true believers.
Last edited by Pranav on 03 Nov 2013 09:25, edited 2 times in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Sushupti wrote:And this guy complains about MNS and Raj Thackrey.
Kumar sought to make light of the challenge from Modi. "People have purchased brooms in large quantity to clean the muck coming from outside as well inside the state," he said to cheer up his men.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 46735.aspx

Yeah, NiKu has stooped to the level of SS, BT and RT. It is distressing to see that. But rest assured people have not gone to that level as to beat taxi drivers just because they happen to be Bhaiyya.